Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
You think BOTH are done? Only Yamato lovers and Carrot haters would say that!
Says the guy that thinks Yamato had more interactions than Carrot with the SHs, oh and before you bitch that it's a sTraWmAn, you said;

"The ONLY thing Carrot had over Yamato was an easy role"

Hyper objective reader right here everyone

:milaugh:
Post automatically merged:

Why did i have to engage in a conversation about roles/dreams to get weirdos spamming me with messages, to let me know in every single fucking reply that Carrot is really an irrelevant character and i'm really not bias i swear you guys.

Jesus Christ

:whitepress:

Yes it is. As soon as Chapter 1057 dropped, the vast majority of Yamato stans took their Ls and moved on. That’s why hardly anybody argues for her anymore on here.

Meanwhile last 10 pages are just filled with Barrel enthusiasts still being in denial pretending as if Caribou wasn’t the one hiding in the barrel. :milaugh:
Shut the fuck up you coping yamatard. Pot does not deserve slander.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Says the guy that thinks Yamato had more interactions than Carrot with the SHs, oh and before you bitch that it's a sTraWmAn, you said;
Oh hey another strawman by definition. Nice Future Sight. When did I say Yamato had MORE interactions than Carrot with the SHs? You says I even think that? Can you read minds too? You seem to have this mysterious ability to do so lol

"The ONLY thing Carrot had over Yamato was an easy role"

Hyper objective reader right here everyone
Yep that's right.
-A main player in the arc
-a great portion of the arc revolves around them presence-wise and thematically
- very relevant to the final battle
-a ship role
-a sad backstory
-a tied to the main villain in some way
-Luffy beats that villain and solves all their problems
-Interaction with Luffy that also helps move the plot

Every SH recruit had this. Yamato checks all of these except one. Carrot checks none but one. She gets negative points even for the lookout she did the exact opposite of these traits. Care to explain why role alone is the important thing if that's what you believe? If not, what's the problem? Neither Yamato nor Carrot joined so what's your issue here?

Oh hey another strawman by definition. Nice Future Sight. When did I say Yamato had MORE interactions than Carrot with the SHs? You says I even think that? Can you read minds too? You seem to have this mysterious ability to do so lol

Yep that's right.
-A main player in the arc
-a great portion of the arc revolves around them presence-wise and thematically
-a ship role
-a sad backstory
-Luffy beats that villain and solves all their problems
-Interaction with Luffy that also helps move the plot

Every SH recruit had this. Yamato checks all of these except one. Carrot checks none but one. Care to explain why role alone is the important thing if that's what you believe? If not, what's the problem? Neither Yamato nor Carrot joined so what's your issue here?

Did you seriously break my argument in two to strawman me? Holly fuck wtf is wrong with you :milaugh:

Also look at you making up BS

Yeah except for Nami, Robin, Franky and Jimbei but ok bro :milaugh:

Oh and btw you forgot one of small tiny point, the Strawhats actually have to know you exist during the arc

And you literally forgot about having a dream

Last edited:

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Enjoy the show lmao

Did you seriously break my argument in two to strawman me? Holly fuck wtf is wrong with you :milaugh:
Also look at you making up BS

Yeah except for Nami, Robin, Franky and Jimbei but ok bro :milaugh:
So the final battle agaisnt Arlong Park wasnt for Nami's sake?
The Enies Lobby battle wasnt for Robin?
Franky wasnt there for Enies Lobby and saved Robin?
Luffy didn't take out Hody because Jinbe asked, Jinbe wasnt there and it didn't even anything to Jinbe?

Oh and btw you forgot one of small tiny point, the Strawhats actually have to know you exist during the arc
Its important for Luffy to know. SHs joined when some weren't even present. They also knew Kaido's child was running around still.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

30 replies with him ignoring the question and he just let's slip past that she has a role, fuck me you can't make this up.

Now watch him run away, what's her role then?
Something I deliberately typed, I let slip? What about the other times I mentioned it? What's so different now? Were those slips too?

You said Garp was showing double standards by saying Carrot being a lookout doesn't matter as she is an unimportant character with no attention ever being drawn to the lookout position, along with how she did nothing special was a lookout, but Yamato who had no role, could possibly show something later, using roles that were previously mentioned.

Neither Garp nor I denied Carrot doing the lookout post. The main point Garp and I brought up numerous times is that Carrot being a lookout isn't an argument, because Carrot herself was never built up as a SH. She became a minor character that got off screened without ever doing anything major so saying she did the lookout post didn't help at all. For me, that gives Carrot negative points because of how unimportant she was. Yamato was a zero because at the time, she had the possible of showing a role.

Do you follow? Carrot was a lookout while Yamato had no role yet, but that didn't matter for nakamaship since Carrot was such an afterthought while Yamato had time.

So the final battle agaisnt Arlong Park wasnt for Nami's sake?
The Enies Lobby battle wasnt for Robin?
Franky wasnt there for Enies Lobby and saved Robin?
Luffy didn't take out Hody because Jinbe asked, Jinbe wasnt there and it didn't even anything to Jinbe?
Right so when you say
and
-tied to the main villain in some way

You're basically repeating yourself, because "relevant to the final battle" implies some kind of combat role which Nami and Robin didn't have.

And shit like "Interaction with Luffy that also helps move the plot " is pure bs Yamato filler, Robin didn't interact with Luffy to move the plot in Ennies lobby.

Franky literally interacted with Ussop to move the plot if anything, your criteria is completly flimsy.

And also i guess Hody Jones is tied to Jimbei but the BM fleet aren't tied to Carrot even when they killed her mentor in front of her.

:okay:

Its important for Luffy to know. SHs joined when some weren't even present. They also knew Kaido's child was running around still.

I mean christ this is just embarassing at this point, an actual real criteria that matters that you can have is a candidate interacting with the SHs. This is just pathetic.

I mean ok i can make my own arbitary standard of what a SH needs:

- A dream
- A role
- Sad backstory
- Interacting with the SH and participating in the arc as a group

There you go, Carrot fills all of these and Yamato fills one of these. Wow

And i'm honestly not going to adress the double standard thing anymore, you live in your reality i'll live in mine.
Post automatically merged:

And yes Garp was doing a double standard of wanting Carrot to be an amazing lookout like you do, but when i asked him what exceptional role did Yamato have, he started spitballing random sht.

If either of you had some common sense, you'd just go.

"Ok Carrot, not a special lookout, but she's depicted as a lookout, let's give her a -2"

"Ok Yamato, not a special role depicted, in fact not any role depicted at all in the story??? let's give her a -10"

It literally doesn't seem to matter how many times i say this, you just keep distorting what happened and not adressing it.

I physically can't explain this simpler, i don't understand what's wrong with you 2.

Last edited:

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Right so when you say
and
-tied to the main villain in some way

You're basically repeating yourself, because "relevant to the final battle" implies some kind of combat role which Nami and Robin didn't have.

And shit like "Interaction with Luffy that also helps move the plot " is pure bs Yamato filler, Robin didn't interact with Luffy to move the plot in Ennies lobby.

Franky literally interacted with Ussop to move the plot if anything, your criteria is completly flimsy.

And also i guess Hody Jones is tied to Jimbei but the BM fleet aren't tied to Carrot even when they killed her mentor in front of her.

:okay:

I mean christ this is just embarassing at this point, an actual real criteria that matters that you can have is a candidate interacting with the SHs. This is just pathetic.

I mean ok i can make my own arbitary standard of what a SH needs:

- A dream
- A role
- Sad backstory
- Interacting with the SH and participating in the arc as a group

There you go, Carrot fills all of these and Yamato fills one of these. Wow

And i'm honestly not going to adress the double standard thing anymore, you live in your reality i'll live in mine.
Lmao Carrot doesn't have a sad backstory. She had a few panels of struggling to use a sword and was immediately accommodated by using the claws. That's all it takes to have a backstory that ties to the main themes of an arc??? She also has no dream. Has she ever stated that she wants to bring the dawn? That's 2 for Carrot and 3 for Yamaot by your own attempt lol

You're not gonna address it because you can't do it without removing the context of what we've been saying and arguing statements I've never said lol.

It is a fact that Carrot never did anything unique as lookout despite having many opportunities and faded into the background, while as Yamato still had time back them. You dancing around this by screaming "What is her role!?" doesn't change anything.

Lmao Carrot doesn't have a sad backstory. She had a few panels of struggling to use a sword and was immediately accommodated by using the claws. That's all it takes to have a backstory that ties to the main themes of an arc??? She also has no dream. Has she ever stated that she wants to bring the dawn? That's 2 for Carrot and 3 for Yamaot by your own attempt lol
Ok so please explain in your headcanon how Yamato has 3, which ones she has, so i don't have to read between the lines.

So she has a sad backstory (agreed), and she has a dream and interacting with the SH?

If yes please tell me what is her dream and when in the fuck did she interact with the SHs.

You're not gonna address it because you can't do it without removing the context of what we've been saying and arguing statements I've never said lol.
What's "it", just formalize an actual question and i'll answer it, instead of repeating ad nauseum that i'm strawmaning you.

It is a fact that Carrot never did anything unique as lookout despite having many opportunities and faded into the background, while as Yamato still had time back them. You dancing around this by screaming "What is her role!?" doesn't change anything.
"Still had time back then", again with this bullshit lol. She was present from the last fight of an arc, which time period are you snapshoting to make your argument work?

What's your idea of how she could have had a role as a SH? She just goes into the ship and says oh btw, i'm the world's top enginer?

Inbefore you call this a strawman aswell

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
Ok so please explain in your headcanon how Yamato has 3, which ones she has, so i don't have to read between the lines.

So she has a sad backstory (agreed), and she has a dream and interacting with the SH?

If yes please tell me what is her dream and when in the fuck did she interact with the SHs.

What's "it", just formalize an actual question and i'll answer it, instead of repeating ad nauseum that i'm strawmaning you.

"Still had time back then", again with this bullshit lol. She was present from the last fight of an arc, which time period are you snapshoting to make your argument work?

What's your idea of how she could have had a role as a SH? She just goes into the ship and says oh btw, i'm the world's top enginer?

Yamato's dream is like Luffy and goes in line with what Luffy dream is

Also, it's not necessary to interact with all SHs. Interaction with Luffy matters the most and Yamato had that..along with having backstory with Ace and sad past

Yamato's dream is like Luffy and goes in line with what Luffy dream is

Also, it's not necessary to interact with all SHs. Interaction with Luffy matters the most and Yamato had that..along with having backstory with Ace and sad past

Well acording to another guy, Yamato dream was to open Wano's borders.

So you guys should hold a meeting and decide which one it is

Reborn

Well acording to another guy, Yamato dream was to open Wano's borders.

So you guys should hold a meeting and decide which one it is
I don't need to hold meeting with anyone. I gave you a panel which clearly says what yamato dream is which is in line with Luffy' dream (adventures and freedom) and that's all it matters because it's in the manga

I don't need to hold meeting with anyone. I gave you a panel which clearly says what yamato dream is which is in line with Luffy' dream (adventures and freedom) and that's all it matters because it's in the manga
Ok cool so Yamato's dream is having adventures, not sure how narratively you conclude that dream but sure, not sure how it relates to sailing with the SHs

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness

Her dream that she mentioned multiple times is to sail the seas to be free, to live as Oden did.

She interacted with Luffy, Franky, Jinbe and Brooke if I'm not mistaken. Or is this new criteria now gonna be you have to have a lengthy interaction with all the SHs when even the SHs themselves didnt do that?

If you make up something I said, especially if it changes the context and attack it like you did numerous times, it is a strawman by definition. Exaggerating what I said is the same thing. If even you think that's what I meant, it's still a strawman. The "it" was obviously my post about the non existent double standards.

We didnt learn that Franky was a full fledged shipwright until after Enies Lobby. Before that, he was just believed to be a weapon maker and ship dismantler. Since it happened before, Yamato had a time limit to post-Onigashima.

Do you not understand that you're simply asking a question here and not making false statements about what I said?

I never gave a damn about whatever possibly made up role she could've had cause I never wanted her to join. It's BS unless she actually showed a role and excelled at it beyond the other SHs. I was open minded to the possibly of her getting one later since once again, we didn't find out Franky was a full fledged shipwright until Post-Enies Lobby. She had a time limit. Hell, I never once said she was gonna join.

Reborn

Ok cool so Yamato's dream is having adventures, not sure how narratively you conclude that dream but sure, not sure how it relates to sailing with the SHs
Very easy
She wants to sail out to the sea and have adventures - Like how SHs does by going out to different Islands since the beginning. Luffy always talked about adventures.

She wants to be free like Oden - Oden travelled with WB and Roger.

And, we know Luffy is all about Freedom and would be future PK.

She wanted to sail out with Ace but since he is dead, sailing out with Future PK fits well for someone who pretends to be like Oden

It fits narratively very well bro