Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
You are still here? I know we fought a lot. But this forum isn’t the same without you
I wanted to go, but I couldn't erease my account so I stayed and created the left space instead in responce to ring wing idiocies I saw on this forum. Now to think of it, I should've done this from the beginning.

Concerning this thread, I don't have much to say left as I think no one will get the proper narrative elements to join. It's too late, there is too much to create and Oda seems to have a LOT to talk about before the end already. I voted "someone else" because I want to believe, but I don't believe too much lol

Like I said, if you want to be sure someone is about to join, what I wrote on Carrot HERE still stands for any other characters (especially the 12 Pillars).

My error was to expect Oda to add the final elements (the third driving force, the refusal and the strong character arc) for Carrot later. And I really think that it was originally his plan.. but it didn't happen. So Carrot is out (unless there is a big twist and she appears on Elbaf or later) and there is really no one with enough room for development to be considered a future strawhat.

I joke on VegapunkForNakama on twitter, but I'm mostly trolling. For Vegapunk to become strawhat, he would need to have a strong development and mostly the third driving force (the need to fight for Luffy instead of his own dream) and I think that this character is just not capable of such behavior, he is too self centered.

I hope to be wrong of course, I love Vegapunk, but yeah... unlikely

Last edited:
Oh hell naw, Lucci for Nakama?

I can get the meme power behind Caesar or hell, Caribou. But we are talking the same Lucci who is the number one WG dicksucker next to Greenbull. Not going to happen.
What I think will happen in this or the next Arc is, Oda is probably going to let the last crew member join the Straw hats. The reason I am saying this is that throughout the Wano Arc, Yamato multiple times told Luffy that she/he wanted to join them. Thus, Oda was drawing the readers focus back to the matter of the last Straw hat’s crew member. We as reader, back then were thinking “Oh, great, Yamato is a good choice and as good as drafted, especially because at the end of the arc, Luffy even asked him/her officially to be one of them.”

Then it happened and Oda trolled us – Yamato declined, which at one moment changed everything, but one small thing – we as readers are now especially focusing on the last empty seat within the straw hat-crew that still has to be filled.

This is exactly the reason as to why I am now thinking that Oda is probably planning on letting the last man/woman/robot/diverse join. Still, I don’t know if it will be this arc or the next or even the next after the next. But fact is, Oda is already hinting that the last one will join – as to who that will be, we can only guess.

The reason I am still standing behind my opinion that Lucci is in fact a possibility is: Oda was actually using multiple chances of reintroducing Lucci as a character again in the main story line. We saw him with Shirahoshi and the world nobles, we saw him during the aftermath of Dressrosa and we saw him during Wano as he told is colleagues to capture Robin and again with the mentioning of Who’s Who. It is the exact same way Oda also reintroduced Smoker, who then had a major role against Doflamingo.

This is also the reason I think Lucci is having a major role here on Egghead as well. Besides Oda is actually depicting him in a respectful manner, which he does not for everyone (e.g., Spandam).

What I do here is just putting things together that I notice as a reader. And those two things – hinting at the empty seat and reintroduction of a former character (who is acting really strange at the moment) for a probably bigger role – were things I just stumbled upon.

If you want to think of another way to try to figure out, who will most likely join, we can also think from the other way around: The whole of the Straw hat crew consistes of not only diverse personalities and fighting styles but also of a rather diverse accumulation of proficiencies. Those talents are what make them unique and the whole crew in general more complete with each member joining (e.g., Nami is navigator, Sanji is the cook, etc.). If we want to know which proficiency the Straw hat crew is still missing, we could also take a look in what aspect they are still lacking: For example – they are broke all the time. If someone with money or someone who does know how to acquire money would join, this person would be filling a gap the crew still has – he/she/it would be a likely candidate.

Yamato multiple times told Luffy that she/he wanted to join them. Thus, Oda was drawing the readers focus back to the matter of the last Straw hat’s crew membe
I agree on that but I think that he changed his mind regarding that and is just enjoying trolling us

Then it happened and Oda trolled us – Yamato declined, which at one moment changed everything, but one small thing – we as readers are now especially focusing on the last empty seat within the straw hat-crew that still has to be filled.
Because that place was set up for Carrot, not Yamato. You can notice that the ending of Yamato was logical, Carrot's was rushed, at least on Oda's standards. But like I said, their is most likely a change of mind involved in the writing. OR Oda was actually setting up for Carrot later down the line, which is still possible (even if unlikely). I think we need to mourn the last strawhat seat, it won't happen.

The reason I am still standing behind my opinion that Lucci is in fact a possibility is: Oda was actually using multiple chances of reintroducing Lucci as a character again in the main story line
The reintroduction of Luffy dates from Dressrosa. Lucci since then has always been in the story in the background. His apparition now is just the logical thing to do, Lucci represent the fascist hand of the gouvernment of the One Piece world. Introducing him during the arc where we focus on the massacre of Ohara was just the right thing to do. It has nothing to do with Oda preparing him for the crew. Lucci, like I explained, is too far gone to become a strawhat in the narration of One Piece, it's just an impossibility.

What I do here is just putting things together that I notice as a reader.
And I agree with you on your point of the reintroduction of the last strawhat, but I think it was a red herring. OR a choice that was retcon by Oda at the last moment for Carrot.

Lucci for nakama.... I'm not sure how I'd process that. I wouldn't even be mad, I just be in a state of....

Post automatically merged:

And yet you still had people screaming "nah dude this is another Jinbei we still win" :suresure:

I got embarrassed for those people. 😂
Do you remember the people that got tatoos in celebration? I wish I had that ability to be completely sure