Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters

CoC: Color of Clowns

We Shall Sail On Every Light Wave
I get it, and tbh the probability of Oda doing this is disturbingly high imo.

I just don't feel comfortable with pairing an 8-year old with a 28-year old, even if both of them physically are on the same level. If it was real life, it would be really disturbing - imagine an 8-year old going into coma, then waking up 20 years later, do you consider them an adult?

I understand it is fiction, but still Yamato feels like an older sibling at this point. I hope it stays this way.
This is why I want Tama to get aged up to Momo's age by Shinobu, and have Tama/Momo have an innocent platonic romance, before getting changed back to children by Bonney or someone eventually. It would do a lot to bridge the Kurozumi/Kozuki gap, too. Then we can see them married like 10 years or something in the future in the end-of-series timeskip.

Momo x Yamato is just not needed in this manga. Momo is clearly still a child in an adult's body, and while Yamato may be insane, she's certainly not a child.

Also Yamato introduced herself to Momo by calling him her son, and herself his father.

Just say no to Yamato x Momo.

I do still think there's a very small chance for Stussy. This scene is clearly a very long time after the last egghead scene we saw. Bonney and Vegapunk are back, York has been discovered and captured, and the seraphim have switched sides. It seems likely that we'll go back in time next chapter and start seeing how all this happened, and maybe Stussy will have a good reason for not being there. But right now it's looking like Bonney is the one if we get a nakama on egghead.

CoC: Color of Clowns

We Shall Sail On Every Light Wave
I do still think there's a very small chance for Stussy. This scene is clearly a very long time after the last egghead scene we saw. Bonney and Vegapunk are back, York has been discovered and captured, and the seraphim have switched sides. It seems likely that we'll go back in time next chapter and start seeing how all this happened, and maybe Stussy will have a good reason for not being there. But right now it's looking like Bonney is the one if we get a nakama on egghead.
I've become more receptive to Lilith joining. She has pirate tendencies, as she wanted to steal from the Straw Hats at first with the mecha Sea Beasts, Vegapunk has a dream to give energy to everyone, which kind of matches Luffy's desire to feed the people he cares about, and we already saw Lilith getting along well with the crew.

No real idea where Oda is taking Bonney and Stussy, right now, they're both big wild cards.

Okay, I'm almost ready to give up on Stussy. First her meeting with Luffy was off paneled, now she misses the panel with all the important characters gathered. Meanwhile Bonney is front and center and even Lucci makes a small appearance.

I still think she had the most potential out of everyone, but she's being relegated to a side character.
I disagree! Robin is missing as well. So they could be together and bonding. And stussy joining is basically the same as Robins. Until the very end she doesn’t even seem like a candidate.

Last edited:
I just hope that Stussy isn't a triple quadruple agent and she isn't in a process of getting Robin to Saturn, and it's her and Robin Sanji is so eagerly bringing food to.

As for Lilith or any other VP joining, I'm still meh about it, but Oda does whatever he wants. I mean, it's cool as a concept for me, but as soon as it was revealed there are many Vegapunks, the idea lost its charm to me.

Since Lucci and Luffy had agreed upon being allies until the Seraphim were under control, we can assume that now that Lucci seems to be voluntarily standing there and observing rather relaxed, as the SHP are going against the WG with forcing York to call the Gorosei, that the agent has become a genuine ally of the SHP and most probably defected from the WG. Otherwise Lucci would have attacked Luffy right after the Seraphim were out of the way.

A reminder – I did write in December 2022 that Lucci would most probably become a defector. If you don’t believe me, here is an excerpt and a link:

"And now we are getting to the yearly festa-letter (I didn’t even know it was yearly) from Oda this month, which revealed that that person and that person are fighting. It was worded as if the fight would be a big surprise for us. If it’s a surprise, then we are not thinking of a clash between those persons in the least. And in my opinion, this could be a fight between two individuals who are on the same side, as of yet. In the letter Oda mentioned that this fight will have a backstory. So, going by how the volume of a backstory would be a little much for a side-plot of One Piece, I am betting the fight will happen in the main story line. And seeing as I can interpret some fissures are present within the WGs parties involved, my bet is, we will have at least one defector here – and it could be Lucci."

Lucci the defector

I really wonder just when Oda will drop the bomb with revealing Shaka’s and Lucci’s relationship (– they are related by blood).

I definitely have to get myself popcorn for this… . :ihaha: