Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
Stussy- still possible but looking much less likely than before. This chapter was much better for her than the last one, and she's still boarding the Sunny.

Bonney- stocks up. She is really getting a lot of focus and time with Luffy, but she still doesn't have a role or a dream and will likely choose the revos.

Lilith- Stocks through the damn roof. With Shaka dead she's the main satelite, and that comment about never having left the island is pretty telling. She's also the first character who mentioned the eternal energy source dream, which I still think is the most important thing to look at for new nakama. This is the one to watch right now imo.

Lucci- sorry @Rambles , he wasn't really in the running to begin with, but he's 110% dead as a candidate now that we know he's still working for the gorosei.

Stussy- still possible but looking much less likely than before. This chapter was much better for her than the last one, and she's still boarding the Sunny.

Bonney- stocks up. She is really getting a lot of focus and time with Luffy, but she still doesn't have a role or a dream and will likely choose the revos.

Lilith- Stocks through the damn roof. With Shaka dead she's the main satelite, and that comment about never having left the island is pretty telling. She's also the first character who mentioned the eternal energy source dream, which I still think is the most important thing to look at for new nakama. This is the one to watch right now imo.

Lucci- sorry @Rambles , he wasn't really in the running to begin with, but he's 110% dead as a candidate now that we know he's still working for the gorosei.
Stussy is giving me again similar vibes as Robin. She doesn’t really seem like a candidate, yet there are some little hidden hints pointing towards it. It’s the fact that Lucci is looking at her. And the only reason he would look at her, is to eliminate her. She doesn’t have anywhere to go(like robin). She has a sad past apparently. It’s not shown yet but kind of foreshadowed. Which would make a good backstory for later. Like robins backstory we got after 8-9 arcs after her introduction. We can get her backstory later

Lilith I would like to join as well. She is interesting, can represent vegapunk,etc.

Bonney I believe is being pushed forward as a distraction on doesn’t really stand a chance. She will end up like Law. An ally for the future.

Lucci was never really a candidate.

My money for now is on Stussy.

Stussy is giving me again similar vibes as Robin. She doesn’t really seem like a candidate, yet there are some little hidden hints pointing towards it. It’s the fact that Lucci is looking at her. And the only reason he would look at her, is to eliminate her. She doesn’t have anywhere to go(like robin). She has a sad past apparently. It’s not shown yet but kind of foreshadowed. Which would make a good backstory for later. Like robins backstory we got after 8-9 arcs after her introduction. We can get her backstory later

Lilith I would like to join as well. She is interesting, can represent vegapunk,etc.

Bonney I believe is being pushed forward as a distraction on doesn’t really stand a chance. She will end up like Law. An ally for the future.

Lucci was never really a candidate.

My money for now is on Stussy.
She and luffy has 0 interaction

@Mr. Reloaded @Sigran101 @Monkey D Al @Etzel Andergast
The Lucci for nakama-train is most confident. Well, … since the whole train mostly consists of me, I have to rephrase - I am confident.

God, I’m so alone… .:josad:

And thank you for considering my feelings – I really appreciate it.

No, really, all is well with the progression of the plot, trust me.

For that to tell you, I think I have to explain a little, so that you understand how I am thinking. I probably have forgotten one or two hints or strings here here but I didn’t give myself ample time to analyse properly this time - for obvious reasons:

First, we have the small time-skip, Oda inserted after which we are now in a situation, which shows the SHP already ready to leave. The question is, what happened in between. Why would Oda skip parts of the plot only for him to randomly beam us into the future to a point, where most things seem to be settled and obvious – plotwise?

It would make sense, if Oda still hid something from us and doesn’t want us to know about it, yet. This would be something that could make the current situation turn topsy-turvy and the plot not that obvious anymore.

So, the first hint is, that Oda is still hiding something very important from us, which I am very certain of.

The second thing that I saw was how Luffy almost blurted out how many persons they are up in the Labo-phase. Robin had to intercept (which was somehow really out of character for her, since she lets slip everything Luffy does. Nami is usually the one, who stops Luffy. But this time it was Robin of all people…! ), for him not to reveal too much. And isn’t this interesting? Why not reveal us the number? Why would Oda hide from us, how many living persons are up there in the Labo-Phase? We can even count them! It doesn’t have to be revealed. Unless, all the persons we see there are not the actual number of persons, who are still alive altogether.

So, hint two is: There is someone alive, who is not in the room with them.

Then what is very interesting to see is how Lilith is crying over Shaka and Pythagoras, who are dead, as she says. But as we have just found out, the persons we see in the chapter are not all, who are alive. So, at least one of those two must be alive, since they are the only ones missing in the picture of this chapter.

Why is she lying?

And look, she even made a mistake and added Edison to the list of dead people, only to be corrected by Atlas that Edison was ok and alive. I do not think that Lilith is so dumb as to not be able to distinguish between alive and dead. She merely had a slip up, because at least, if not both of the two Satellites now being “presumed” dead are alive, and she was merely mixing up, who now was supposed to be `dead´.

Why would she need to lie?

If she needed to lie, than there must be a person in the room, who mustn’t know that one or both of the Satellites are still alive. And if someone mustn’t know, than that someone can’t be trusted and is currently present.

Yes, it could be Lucci.

But it’s not him. As he conveys to Kizaru and Saturn what he knows, he tells them that two of the Satellites are dead as well as informing them of something about the SHP.

What I am questioning myself is, why he tells them of two dead Satellites. We have figured out, that at least one of them is alive. And we also know that Lucci was with Luffy and Luffy knows exactly how many people are up there and alive with him in the Labo-phase, since Robin had to stop him from telling Saturn. So, there is a high possibility that Lucci knows as well how many people are still alive and how many are really dead. The question is, if he is actually lieing to Saturn and Kizaru and giving out false information or not.

And have you noticed something? His little conversation with Kaku is making me curious: Here Kaku tells Lucci that he blames himself that he could do nothing against two Seraphim. Not one, but two! Of course he had no chance against them, which is understandable. Nonetheless he still feels weak not being able to stand his ground.

Lucci’s answer is very important here: I know how you are currently feeling. Rest and forget. That means Lucci knows that feeling, because he was at one point in a similar situation, where he could do nothing, because he was too weak. There is one phase in his life, when he was actually weak: As a six year old, before he came to train under the WG. Oda is hinting at his childhood here. This may even be a hint towards a flashback we will see. And it would also explain Lucci's outburst at Luffy back when Luffy mocked him for being weaker than him. Lucci knows that feeling well enough... .

And this actually fits so well with one of the main themes of this arc: Dealing with weakness. Because, when was the last times Luffy had interaction with Kizaru? This was sabaody and Marineford, right? Both times he was confronted with him and needed to painfully aknowledge that he was not strong enough to protect his friends or his brother.

Should I tell you something? Lucci was there! Look at chapter 513 – the one in which Luffy screams with tears in his eyes that: “I couldn’t safe any of them!” Who is there on the cover page?

This is the arc Luffy will be able to safe his crew and this will also be the arc in which we will see Lucci being able to allow himself to be weak and still manage to win – becaue he has the SHP on his side.

Actually, the whole situation with having someone in the room, whom everyone cannot trust, does only make sense, if Stussy is a traitor. As I told you many times before, she informed Akainu, even if she didn’t need to – she could have stayed in her cover without it being noticed. She also did not tell them who the traitor (York) was and stayed quiet. I do not trust her and this situation only makes sense, if I categorize her as a traitor.

And look: Lucci is observing her silently, he may even have his suspicions. Even if she notices, we see, that both don’t like each other one bit.

In my twisted mind I can even tell you what the most important thing is we are missing from the little time skip, but you probably know, what I want to tell you already:
  • Shaka is revealed to be Lucci’s brother or someone, who he is related to and this is also the reason why Lucci now works on the side of the SHP

But I am open for anyone who wants to up their wager or start a bet with me.

By the way: If Lucci works for the SHP side, than we have something like this:

Saturn strategizes for his marines and CP-agents
Kizaru, the strongest person of the WG side is facing off with Luffy
9 VA against 9 SHP-commander

Lucci strategizes for the SHP and Vegapunk
Luffy, the strongest person on the SHP side is facing off with Kizaru
9 SHP-commander against 9 VA

This looks not that bad, does it?

Last edited:
The Lucci for nakama-train is most confident. Well, … since the whole train mostly consists of me, I have to rephrase - I am confident.

For that to tell you, I think I have to explain a little, so that you understand how I am thinking. I probably have forgotten one or two hints or strings here here but I didn’t give myself ample time to analyse properly this time - for obvious reasons:

First, we have the small time-skip, Oda inserted after which we are now in a situation, which shows the SHP already ready to leave. The question is, what happened in between. Why would Oda skip parts of the plot only for him to randomly beam us into the future to a point, where most things seem to be settled and obvious – plotwise?

It would make sense, if Oda still hid something from us and doesn’t want us to know about it, yet. This would be something that could make the current situation turn topsy-turvy and the plot not that obvious anymore.

So, the first hint is, that Oda is still hiding something very important from us, which I am very certain of.

The second thing that I saw was how Luffy almost blurted out how many persons they are up in the Labo-phase. Robin had to intercept (which was somehow really out of character for her, since she lets slip everything Luffy does. Nami is usually the one, who stops Luffy. But this time it was Robin of all people…! ), for him not to reveal too much. And isn’t this interesting? Why not reveal us the number? Why would Oda hide from us, how many living persons are up there in the Labo-Phase? We can even count them! It doesn’t have to be revealed. Unless, all the persons we see there are not the actual number of persons, who are still alive altogether.

Then what is very interesting to see is how Lilith is crying over Shaka and Pythagoras, who are dead, as she says. But as we have just found out, the persons we see in the chapter are not all, who are alive. So, at least one of those two must be alive, since they are the only ones missing in the picture of this chapter.

Why is she lying?

And look, she even made a mistake and added Edison to the list of dead people, only to be corrected by Atlas that Edison was ok and alive. I do not think that Lilith is so dumb as to not be able to distinguish between alive and dead. She merely had a slip up, because at least, if not both of the two Satellites now being “presumed” dead are alive, and she was merely mixing up, who now was supposed to be `dead´.

If she needed to lie, than there must be a person in the room, who mustn’t know that one or both of the Satellites are still alive. And if someone mustn’t know, than that someone can’t be trusted and is currently present.

Yes, it could be Lucci.

But it’s not him. As he conveys to Kizaru and Saturn what he knows, he tells them that two of the Satellites are dead as well as informing them of something about the SHP.

What I am questioning myself is, why he tells them of two dead Satellites. We have figured out, that at least one of them is alive. And we also know that Lucci was with Luffy and Luffy knows exactly how many people are up there and alive with him in the Labo-phase, since Robin had to stop him from telling Saturn. So, there is a high possibility that Lucci knows as well how many people are still alive and how many are really dead. The question is, if he is actually lieing to Saturn and Kizaru and giving out false information or not.

And have you noticed something? His little conversation with Kaku is making me curious: Here Kaku tells Lucci that he blames himself that he could do nothing against two Seraphim. Not one, but two! Of course he had no chance against them, which is understandable. Nonetheless he still feels weak not being able to stand his ground.

Lucci’s answer is very important here: I know how you are currently feeling. Rest and forget. That means Lucci knows that feeling, because he was at one point in a similar situation, where he could do nothing, because he was too weak. There is one phase in his life, when he was actually weak: As a six year old, before he came to train under the WG. Oda is hinting at his childhood here. This may even be a hint towards a flashback we will see. And it would also explain Lucci's outburst at Luffy back when Luffy mocked him for being weaker than him. Lucci knows that feeling well enough... .

And this actually fits so well with one of the main themes of this arc: Dealing with weakness. Because, when was the last times Luffy had interaction with Kizaru? This was sabaody and Marineford, right? Both times he was confronted with him and needed to painfully aknowledge that he was not strong enough to protect his friends or his brother.

Should I tell you something? Lucci was there! Look at chapter 513 – the one in which Luffy screams with tears in his eyes that: “I couldn’t safe any of them!” Who is there on the cover page?

This is the arc Luffy will be able to safe his crew and this will also be the arc in which we will see Lucci being able to allow himself to be weak and still manage to win – becaue he has the SHP on his side.

Actually, the whole situation with having someone in the room, whom everyone cannot trust, does only make sense, if Stussy is a traitor. As I told you many times before, she informed Akainu, even if she didn’t need to – she could have stayed in her cover without it being noticed. She also did not tell them who the traitor (York) was and stayed quiet. I do not trust her and this situation only makes sense, if I categorize her as a traitor.

And look: Lucci is observing her silently, he may even have his suspicions. Even if she notices, we see, that both don’t like each other one bit.

In my twisted mind I can even tell you what the most important thing is we are missing from the little time skip, but you probably know, what I want to tell you already:
  • Shaka is revealed to be Lucci’s brother or someone, who he is related to and this is also the reason why Lucci now works on the side of the SHP

By the way: If Lucci wors for the SHP side, than we have something like this:

It's all banter, don't take it personally.​

Why is she lying?

Yes, it could be Lucci.

Better switch to Hattori for nakama. The crew needs a messenger cum scout bird

It's all banter, don't take it personally.​
Oh, I dont. All is well. :feelsokeman: But thank you for the consideration. :smoothy:

By the way: You changes your signature... . This is important, because I think I haven't made up my mind if those young lads dancing in it had talent or not. I have to confess - I always stared at them mesmerized.
Post automatically merged:

Better switch to Hattori for nakama. The crew needs a messenger cum scout bird
I still think Lucci will join. Do you want to bet about it? Because I am very sure here.

Why is she lying?

Yes, it could be Lucci.

About stussy: the only problem is the fact that york doesnt tell the wg about her being created by vega. If stussy is in the vegapunk side she should have told. But I dont think stussy knew that the traitor was york, because cp0 mission was to kill all vegapunks (including york). For me its clear that cp0 was not informed about these details.

Its possible lucci was giving false information to kizaru (I would like). I still think this is lucci redemption arc. For me would be nonsense bring back an old main villain to make him remain a villain

I

I think Yamato will join during the fight against BBP, and she will be the last Nakama.
Yamato’s dream is to open Wano borders and Momo questioned they it should happen.

So it def makes sense that Yamato goes to Laugh Tale in order how to better understand how to fulfill Oden’s mission.

Unless she’s meant to give up on Oden’s will and die of course.

About stussy: the only problem is the fact that york doesnt tell the wg about her being created by vega. If stussy is in the vegapunk side she should have told. But I dont think stussy knew that the traitor was york, because cp0 mission was to kill all vegapunks (including york). For me its clear that cp0 was not informed about these details.

Its possible lucci was giving false information to kizaru (I would like). I still think this is lucci redemption arc. For me would be nonsense bring back an old main villain to make him remain a villain

I
Let's hope that both characters will face a story progression that is going to have a rather positive outcome for them. :optimistic::sweat:

I don't think Lucci will join but I'm happy for those celebrating the idea that he might.

It still always bugged me how Lucci and CP9 went back to the government and became Celestial Dragon lapdogs instead of just starting their own vigilante organization that could've allied with the Straw Hats or Buggy-sama under desperate circumstances. That big threat they made to Spandam in their final cover appearance was genuinely awesome and it gave me a lot of hope for their futures. Instead here they are again with the exact same role they had ages ago with almost no development and now condoning slavery, and worst still Spandam's still effing alive and not even a cyborg with 90% of his body replaced to at least show that they put him through the ringer.
:pepecopium:
If by some crazy chance Lucci does join or the CP0 allies with the Straw Hats, that might seem cool but I wish it had been under more developed circumstances because cool characters like CP9 and mostly Lucci deserved better.