Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
Agreed, I think Bonney was always planned to be the most important supernova. Regardless of joining the crew, she's definitely not dissapearing to go join the revos only to have a small part in the final war. Oda planned all this for her since Marineford. It's not all for egghead.
Double agreed. I wasn't a fan of her joining or sticking around at first, but this flashback has really changed my mind. Her bounty, age, and personality would mesh well with the crew. She's missing a dream and a role, but considering Jinbe's Helmsman role was shoehorned in and his dream is kinda generic I don't think that would be much of an issue.

but considering Jinbe's Helmsman role was shoehorned in
Just a small detail but every SH including JInbei was show his job before joining. Even Usopp was show as a sniper before. In the case of Jinbei it was show as a helmsman since his first appearance:

After that, he was show again as a helsman in WCI.

So, the job (as in all SW) was hinted even before joining. You may argue that it was not show that much but it was not shoehorned.

Just a small detail but every SH including JInbei was show his job before joining. Even Usopp was show as a sniper before. In the case of Jinbei it was show as a helmsman since his first appearance:

So, the job (as in all SW) was hinted even before joining. You may argue that it was not show that much but it was not shoehorned.
I still say spy is perfect for Bonney

You got me there, I completely forgot about this. For some reason I thought they rode the whale sharks there lmao.

Guess I should go back and see if there was any job Bonney could have been shown doing ahead of time.

You got me there, I completely forgot about this. For some reason I thought they rode the whale sharks there lmao.

Guess I should go back and see if there was any job Bonney could have been shown doing ahead of time.
Spy. She infiltrated maryjoa during the revery. She can go places completely undetected by changing her age. The strawhats use espionage constantly whether it's Sanji, Brook, or even Kinemon. Having a dedicated spy would help greatly and Bonney is the perfect spy.

Spy. She infiltrated maryjoa during the revery. She can go places completely undetected by changing her age. The strawhats use espionage constantly whether it's Sanji, Brook, or even Kinemon. Having a dedicated spy would help greatly and Bonney is the perfect spy.
I hate this idea.
Before the idea of a cool spy was one of Sanji's sticks and even one of the reasons why he didn't have a proper picture. His Mr. Prince persona was then stolen by brook because he didn't have anything else except bad jokes about his body.
Is not a good idea, in my opinion, since its already pretty hard for some sh t9 have things to do in stories.

Robin already uses her powers to spy and gather information.
And Ussop already fixed the ship before Franky joined, and Franky already helmed the ship before Jinbei joined. Having a dedicated spy would be extremely helpful for the strawhats, not just for gathering information. Anyone who can infiltrate the holy land, the most well gaurded place in the world, during a time of high alert, and get out again undetected, is perfect for that role.

Bonney is not a more capable spy than Robin. Robin can put eyes and ears undetected on people and hidden locations where Bonney cannot infiltrate. Robin can create a clone as a distraction when escaping. "Old" Bonney looks like Conney hence why she got where she did in Marie Geoise. That same trick may not work in a scenario where a disguise is not enough.