Who will be the Next Strawhat?

• Total voters
So it's just memes, ok
Seems like that's all this thread is now lol

is there any decent conversation worth having at this point?
The only people I unironically feel are worth having discussions on at this point are;

Vivi: Already considered to be part of the crew as far as the Straw Hats are concerned. Question is more so on whether she will travel with them again or not. I certainly think it’s plausible considering she’s a fugitive of the WG. But she would only travel with them until it’s safe for her to return to Alabasta.

Yamato: Was given an invitation to join by Luffy at the end of Wano but decided to stay for now to help protect it. People have argued that her circumstances could be a Jinbe 2.0 situation. I can certainly see it happening since her dream was to travel the seas but Oda could make it happen without necessarily having her joining the SHs.

Momonosuke: Was also given an open invitation to join by Luffy at the end of Wano but had to stay because he has a country to run. It’s possible he could go through a Vivi-like situation where he has to flee the country again for his own safety due to some plot surrounding Pluton. Obviously he would only travel with the SHs until it’s safe for him to return to Wano.

Kin’emon: Like Yamato and Momo, he was given an open invitation to join by Luffy at the end of Wano but decided to stay with his wife and protect Wano. I think he’s the least likely to join since I don’t see much narrative sense for him to leave his wife again and travel with the SHs unless it’s with Momo.

it's funny you mention Kuma cause i can't recall anyone here speaking for him as a candidate. even though he has quotas checked like the other Starwhats
There are a few people, including me, who ran the Kuma for nakama train for a while, but I gave up after Vegapunk said his dream is complete. I think @Naomi and @Paperchampion23 are still pulling for him though.
The only people I unironically feel are worth having discussions on at this point are;

Vivi: Already considered to be part of the crew as far as the Straw Hats are concerned. Question is more so on whether she will travel with them again or not. I certainly think it’s plausible considering she’s a fugitive of the WG. But she would only travel with them until it’s safe for her to return to Alabasta.

Yamato: Was given an invitation to join by Luffy at the end of Wano but decided to stay for now to help protect it. People have argued that her circumstances could be a Jinbe 2.0 situation. I can certainly see it happening since her dream was to travel the seas but Oda could make it happen without necessarily having her joining the SHs.

Momonosuke: Was also given an open invitation to join by Luffy at the end of Wano but had to stay because he has a country to run. It’s possible he could go through a Vivi-like situation where he has to flee the country again for his own safety due to some plot surrounding Pluton. Obviously he would only travel with the SHs until it’s safe for him to return to Wano.

Kin’emon: Like Yamato and Momo, he was given an open invitation to join by Luffy at the end of Wano but decided to stay with his wife and protect Wano. I think he’s the least likely to join since I don’t see much narrative sense for him to leave his wife again and travel with the SHs unless it’s with Momo.
Agreed except for Momo and Kinemon. I think they're too tied to their duties to really consider.

There are a few people, including me, who ran the Kuma for nakama train for a while, but I gave up after Vegapunk said his dream is complete. I think @Naomi and @Paperchampion23 are still pulling for him though.

Agreed except for Momo and Kinemon. I think they're too tied to their duties to really consider.
I really only added them because they both have open invitations to join which immediately puts them above everyone else besides Yamato and Vivi. But yeah, their cases are definitely the weakest of the 4.

I also find it interesting that Yamato‘s situation is pretty much the opposite of the other 3. If her country is safe then Yamato would leave for the sea while Vivi, Momo, and Kin’emon would all do the exact opposite.

Last edited:

i do not think one's dream can be just completed just because one person told him what he means to some people (specifically Bonney).
Kuma's long term desire has been brought up a total of three times by himself and Saturn (the chapter after 1102 no less).
you might as well think that Usopp's dream can be completed just as easy by having someone call him brave or warrior.

one thing i don't think is mention anywhere i've been is that Kuma wanted to be like Nika (the warrior of liberation and bringer of smiles), yet his reputation as a "tyrant" inspire nothing but fear and cruelty

i don't know what translation you read, but vega punk never said kuma dream is complete.

kuma wanted to help everyone, and mostly be with his daughter/growing up etc.

as shown his will shown through when he saved bonney from saturn, showing kuma not given up, and love his daughter.

all sh have stated they owe kuma, they are getting to meet luffy and luffy refer to kuma and bonney by first name. also this arc is not to many side characters, and focus mostly on luffy and sh with kuma and bonney, and vega punk.

it reminds me of previous arc of future sh joining. where other areas where to much side characters and less focus on sh. where the one that joined had less side character and focus on future sh story/flashback etc

i do not think one's dream can be just completed just because one person told him what he means to some people (specifically Bonney).
Kuma's long term desire has been brought up a total of three times by himself and Saturn (the chapter after 1102 no less).
you might as well think that Usopp's dream can be completed just as easy by having someone call him brave or warrior.

one thing i don't think is mention anywhere i've been is that Kuma wanted to be like Nika (the warrior of liberation and bringer of smiles), yet his reputation as a "tyrant" inspire nothing but fear and cruelty
The way Vegapunk said it seemed pretty significant. Someone saying that to Ussop in that manner is actually exactly what would mark his dream as completed imo.
i don't know what translation you read, but vega punk never said kuma dream is complete.

kuma wanted to help everyone, and mostly be with his daughter/growing up etc.

as shown his will shown through when he saved bonney from saturn, showing kuma not given up, and love his daughter.

all sh have stated they owe kuma, they are getting to meet luffy and luffy refer to kuma and bonney by first name. also this arc is not to many side characters, and focus mostly on luffy and sh with kuma and bonney, and vega punk.

it reminds me of previous arc of future sh joining. where other areas where to much side characters and less focus on sh. where the one that joined had less side character and focus on future sh story/flashback etc
Hey, I would love to be wrong. If Kuma and Bonney join, I'll be over the moon. I just don't think it's happening now.

The way Vegapunk said it seemed pretty significant. Someone saying that to Ussop in that manner is actually exactly what would mark his dream as completed imo.

Hey, I would love to be wrong. If Kuma and Bonney join, I'll be over the moon. I just don't think it's happening now.
can you show which panel it was? because i read and did not see that.

kuma been heavy focus this arc, and build up over the years, as oda never forgot about him. less side character this arc and only kuma focus imply strong hint he joining, beside oda having kuma father mention nika will save him and take him to sea.

can you show which panel it was? because i read and did not see that.

kuma been heavy focus this arc, and build up over the years, as oda never forgot about him. less side character this arc and only kuma focus imply strong hint he joining, beside oda having kuma father mention nika will save him and take him to sea.

This panel is the death nail to Kuma imo. His dream was to be a hero like Nika, and this really seems like confirmation that that dream has been acomplished.

This panel is the death nail to Kuma imo. His dream was to be a hero like Nika, and this really seems like confirmation that that dream has been acomplished.

imo this does not spell the end, because in kuma moment here before his mind was wiped, he was running, still running...

see last panel of kuma running(empty background as his memory wiped) while his soul still running....he never given up.

he did same run, when confronted akainu, before heading for bonney.

once arrived on egg head, kuma was still still running, he was running in bonney direction, the same run. so he not gone.

also he honored his father by remembering nika and his father words to never give into death. as seen by kuma body still moving on it's own when everyone one thought he is dead. So he is fighting death! not give in, as his father told him.

Kuma mental rehabilitation mini-arc, hes the ships gaurd dog while Tony-Tony "Perc 30" Chop, My Le Motherflame, and Cyborg "Elder Abuse Loving" Franky practice medicinal cybernetics.

no I'm good
I don't see the point in betting on a profile picture

yet I noticed that you still have yet to explain the reasoning behind this belief
It is a little much, since there are so many hints towards Lucci being the last crew member. But I have summarized my points in an answer to Useless_kid before. So, I will give you the link to that: Answer to Useless_kidd

What I can now add, is the following:

The fight between Zoro and Lucci is not even focussed on. This is odd, since Oda likes both characters - Zoro and Lucci - and would not sacrafice a character he likes for a battle to stall Zoro, as this would be a waste for that character. Lucci is not Zoro's end-fight of Egghead (Remember, there are 9 VAs and 9 SHPs).

And then we have the current situation, in which Oda raises the tension on Egghead even after the matter with Bonney and Kuma has now been resolved. This means that Oda is still preparing for some sort of peak in a few chapters. This means that Oda is sill hiding something - and this something is that Lucci is connected to Vegapunk/Shaka and not anymore working for the WG.

A last little thought: Oda wrote in his Festa-letter for 2023 that we will see a surprising fight between "[...] that person and that person [...]". Since chapter 1108 was the last chapter scheduled for 2023, that means this fight must start either before or within this chapter. And last month, in his Festa-letter for 2024, he again announced that this fight will happen soon - meaning, it hasn't happened, yet. Kuma's fight against Saturn wasn't that surprising, since many users here in the forum already thought that he would head to Egghead.

I think the surprising fight between "[...] that person and that person [...]" will happen between Kizaru and Lucci, since no one realizes that Lucci is on the SHP's/Vegapunk's side.

S
She’s not trapped. She was allowed to leave, she was physically able to leave, she stayed of her own will and choice. Cause she wants to protect Wano more than she wants to go adventure. Which oden would never have chosen.

They ain’t parallels bro
It’s because she did what’s right and appropriate this time which Oden clearly didn’t during his time. She’s doing the right thing. In time, I believe she will join the SHs. Her status now is same with Jimbei’s before. We never know, she might be part of that group that went to Egghead and attacked the marines. Hahaha
Post automatically merged:

Vivi Yamato Bonney all joining at once Hahaha

Last edited:

CoC: Color of Clowns

Rest in Peace and Shine in Light

I could see Momo going if his destiny he mentioned in Oden's Journal involves him doing things outside of Wano. Hiyori is really smart and respected, with Kinemon and Denjiro helping her she'd do a great job runnign Wano.

I'm low on Kuma now, but there's still a chance with him.

Momo's a weird character, but Oda's put so much into him, that I think he'll be pretty revelant going forward. At the least as a major ally.