Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Try again what ? The logic is simple, even for you:

The scabbard didn't train against Kaido
Yamato trained against Kaido

Therefore > Yamato has the most knowledge about the capacities of a Dragon

Yamato is therefore the best placed to help Momo control his powers. Period.
No one in the history of One Piece asks/get someone to help them with a devil's fruit abilities so try again Luffy never get help with his fruit abilities

It wasn't NECESSARY, but WCI would've felt a lot more stale if the crew didn't have anyone to bounce off of. That's why Carrot was there
You can't know that I can assure you otherwise. THe time Oda spent on Carrot wouldve been spent on something else, thus helping the equilibrium of the quality of the arc. Carrot was not a narrative necessity.

It had to be A mink and she was the best option to choose from. Pedro was dead and Pekoms wasn't with the crew.
No it didn't. In fact, making the strawhat givethe news about Pedro - would it be offscreen or not - wouldve been even more powerfull as Pedro wouldve been the one lost mink and an even bigger martyr by association. Carrot's presence was not a necessity for that specific storyline.

Take also into account that the grieving of Pedro would ve been as impactfull with no mink on the Sunny as the strawhat would've felt even more bad about losing the ONE mink on the crew. = Even moreConflict

Then Pedro's death would have lacked impact
Not at all as I just explained.

1. Randolph was a one-and-done baddie who wouldn't have stayed with the crew
2. Nami's dress was arguably pretty akin to Alice

Hell, Big Mom's whole aesthetic was "Queen of Hearts"
yup, meaning that Carrot was a good addition but not a necessarry one. Again. carrot in that instance is a narrative abnormality.

1. Yes and the 49th place in Wano
Indeedand it should open your eyes that a character that high in whole cake is so low in wano when both arc are part of the same Saga.
> Something is up, here.
2. There was Pedro's death and all, but there really wasn't anywhere for her to grow from there. Compare that to any of the Strawhats in their arcs before they joined.
She did grew. She overcame the death of her mentor and the grief of her death to face the situation and help the strawhat just like her mentor wouldve done it. In addition she showed how mature she became between the moment Pedro died and the moment she reassured Sanji about his guilt.
Following that, it's all in the subtext and you will only have a confirmation later on.

3. She was there mainly cause she thought it was fun.
And that she wanted to have an adventure. That's a pretty good and legitimate explaination. I don't see anyone complaining about it concerning Yamato.

There were a lot of people during Dressrosa who thought that Monet was actually alive and would join the crew.
This was a hypothesis bases on no actual storytelling fact or clue. The Carrot for Nakama theory is based on actual storytelling knowledge, narrative facts and clue and narrative logic. There is a universe between those two things.

I'm neither a misogynist nor a transphobe and the reason Carrot won't join is that she has lost any relevance in the story. Thos talk about subversive writing make no sense.
I can hear that argument. It's just wrong. as the importance a chararacter has in a storyline doesn't negates their global importance in the story or the importance they might have had in the past.
Post automatically merged:

No one in the history of One Piece asks/get someone to help them with a devil's fruit abilities so try again Luffy never get help with his fruit abilities
We are not in a simple case here. We are in a case were once knowledge about ones devil fruit can be applied to another. So it doesn't matter if that wasn't done before. There are a lot of things in Wano that were not done before, it didn't prevent them from happening.

Hm.. You are not wrong.. :goyea:

I guess Luffy was also training Momo a little. Thing is.. Yamato will be the most well placed to help him fullfil his potential when Luffy will be gone.

It is possible. (this is the writer talking) , you CAN predict the future of Carrot with that specific type of panel, I have explained the reason why in detail here:

(Note that everyone won't react the way Carrot will, they will be shocked, but what I'm waiting is in fact something more from Carrot, a flashback, in fact I'm waiting for carrot AND the Mink to have that specific realization as a reaction for the mink will be the validation that there is something waiting for Carrot, in short this would be a setup)

It is. You are right that in a random context, Carrot is a simple support character. But this is not a normal context, this is the context of One Piece with an author with specific pattern with specific character and specific storylines with very few exceptions of crosswiering. In that context ALONE, Carrot is a factual narrative abnormality (but there are in fact other specificity that makes her an abnormality in term of narration in fact, you can take for example the fact that Carrot in introduced with no evident narrative purpose, in other words for no narrative good reasons as she is not a narrative necessity)

Go read my post again, you missed the point.

Look at that psychophobia...

That's precisely the reason why I think those kind of unmoderated forum are systematically problematic for the fanbase's health.

Where are the feminist here ? Where are the nice people ? All I see is a bunch of right winger confusionist thinking that they are acting like normal men when they are just toxic men acting like they own the place.

Did you still not understand that One Piece IS what you call "woke" ?
Dude I myself am a feminist but not a toxic woke person who is against everything and lives in a delusional world. But whatever I enjoy ur posts :)

We are not in a simple case here. We are in a case were once knowledge about ones devil fruit can be applied to another. So it doesn't matter if that wasn't done before. There are a lot of things in Wano that were not done before, it didn't prevent them from happening.
Just because yamato knows kaido fruit abilities doesn't mean she can teach momo what to do with his own fruit look at luffy's fruits they were many that have the fruit before luffy have the gum gum fruit but didn't awaken it to its full potential till now so don't try to state that Yamato needs to be with momo to teach him how to use HIS devil fruit abilities

Dude I myself am a feminist but not a toxic woke person who is against everything and lives in a delusional world. But whatever I enjoy ur posts :)
If you are calling a personn "woke" (something that means already absolutely nothing but is categorizing a person who fights toxicity) .. a toxic person in a "delusional world" you are not a feminist :) Not at all in fact.

You are what we call in the feminist circles.. "a red flag".

I'm sure your intention are genuine. You are just unaware of a LOT of things.

Basically saying thatI'm creating toxicity because I call out toxicity..
Quite a twisting way to see things.. strangely this was the reason the mods used to ban me lol
You represent everything wrong in the world.
Your ideologies, your crusading to cancel people, your vision of thought police etc...
You go further and you will be labeled as evil.

But hey that's just my thoughts.

Last edited:
Just because yamato knows kaido fruit abilities doesn't mean she can teach momo what to do with his own fruit look at luffy's fruits they were many that have the fruit before luffy have the gum gum fruit but didn't awaken it to its full potential till now so don't try to state that Yamato needs to be with momo to teach him how to use HIS devil fruit abilities
She is already doing that my dude. It's too late for you to say that she can't do it.

You represent everything wrong in the world.
Your ideologies, your crusading to cancle people, your vision of thought police etc...
You go further and you will be labeled as evil.

But hey that's just my thoughts.
Yeah .. the one who is the problem is the one who is calling out the BS in others not the ones who are actual problematic people.. Typical right wing reactionnary ideology.

But I guess you are winning right now.. i've been banned twice for no justifiable reasons, the power is on your side.

For now.. =)

She is already doing that my dude. It's too late for you to say that she can't do it.

Yeah .. the one who is the problem is the one who is calling out the BS in others not the ones who are actual problematic people.. Typical right wing reactionnary ideology.

But I guess you are winning right now.. i've been banned twice for no justifiable reasons, the power is on your side.

For now.. =)
That's your problem. You can't smell your own bullshit.

For now.. =)
Fun things is that now that I'm touching on the real problem.. The veil is falling down on multiple here and your actual ideology.

"you are a wok"
"You and your CoUnZil CulTuRe"
"You are the toxic one for calling other toxic"
"there is no sexism here" "Carrot is a dumb B***"

No wonder there is clapping in the chat of King Of Lighting when he is calling Kiku is a "TRAP"..

Terfs and Shapiro's fandom have infiltrated the One Piece fanbase.

You can't know that I can assure you otherwise. THe time Oda spent on Carrot wouldve been spent on something else, thus helping the equilibrium of the quality of the arc. Carrot was not a narrative necessity.
How much of those panels were actually spent ON Carrot though? Most of her time with Chopper was spent on Chopper. That one conversation she had with Chiffon and Nami had Nami and Chiffon doing pretty much all of the talking. She had some funny gags here and there, but it wasn't anything huge.

No it didn't. In fact, making the strawhat givethe news about Pedro - would it be offscreen or not - wouldve been even more powerfull as Pedro wouldve been the one lost mink and an even bigger martyr by association. Carrot's presence was not a necessity for that specific storyline.
Pedro's death was meant to be a desperate, last-ditch effort to save the crew that ended up accomplishing little other than freeing Chopper and Brook. Pedro getting some huge final battle in Sulong form would've undermined the point

yup, meaning that Carrot was a good addition but not a necessarry one. Again. carrot in that instance is a narrative abnormality.
A lot of things in this series can be called unnecessary. Doesn't mean they have a deeper meaning.

Indeedand it should open your eyes that a character that high in whole cake is so low in wano when both arc are part of the same Saga.
> Something is up, here.
Yeah. The other Strawhats came back, and then Carrot couldn't continue to act as a placeholder for them anymore.

She did grew. She overcame the death of her mentor and the grief of her death to face the situation and help the strawhat just like her mentor wouldve done it. In addition she showed how mature she became between the moment Pedro died and the moment she reassured Sanji about his guilt.
Following that, it's all in the subtext and you will only have a confirmation later on.
I'm aware, but Carrot's "development" being her overcoming Pedro's death feels kind of shallow compared to what the rest of the crew went through. Literally the entire crew lost a loved one at some point, but unlike Carrot they had development other than just that.
And if Carrot really was going to be a crewmate, then the lack of focus her "character arc" got would just be bad writing.
Compare this scene
To this scene
And tell me which one got the more attention
A whole page vs a few tiny panels
And that she wanted to have an adventure. That's a pretty good and legitimate explaination. I don't see anyone complaining about it concerning Yamato.
I don't think Yamato will join either but that's a separate discussion

This was a hypothesis bases on no actual storytelling fact or clue. The Carrot for Nakama theory is based on actual storytelling knowledge, narrative facts and clue and narrative logic. There is a universe between those two things.
He was pretty much using the same reasoning you are.

For you, because you don't understand the logic lol. But the logic is simple and factual ;)
No, I am reading the same story where it shows that Yamato wants to leave wano but you and the carrot fans think differently because y'all can't accept the fact that carrot isn't going to be apart of the crew wasn't shown or hinted that she will be then here comes Yamato a much better character with an actual package of character, not a chopper 2.0 with an actually story, development, from a rare tribe ask luffy to join his crew and state that she will go to out to sea with him 👀😂

Last edited:
How much of those panels were actually spent ON Carrot though? Most of her time with Chopper was spent on Chopper. That one conversation she had with Chiffon and Nami had Nami and Chiffon doing pretty much all of the talking. She had some funny gags here and there, but it wasn't anything huge.
And this should raise an alarm! An author doesn't spent so much time on drawing someone just for the fun of it. I mean he can, for a few panels here and there but not an entire arc. Oda clearly put Carrot in the background like a cat we put in 2 centimeter of water before giving him a bath.

There was actual intent to make Carrot pop up as a likeble character without making her too obvious or having her becoming a main character.

All that was done in order to make her Sulong moment feel at the same time earned AND surprising. In term of writing this balance is extremelly difficult to manage on the long run.

This is a red flag for me. Those kind of writing are for the long term character, not just supportive ones.

Pedro's death was meant to be a desperate, last-ditch effort to save the crew that ended up accomplishing little other than freeing Chopper and Brook. Pedro getting some huge final battle in Sulong form would've undermined the point
Or.. Not necessarally, there was room to switch the Sulong moment and the death moment. In fact. That final escape and the "suicide" couldve been done just after it. Making the explosion one of the final moment of despear.

But this could've been also done with Pekom at the moment of Luffy's rescue and the impact wouldve been could also (not the same but cool )

A lot of things in this series can be called unnecessary. Doesn't mean they have a deeper meaning.
Everything has a meaning in a story. If not, they are not in it. Principle of time management and efficiency. When I say that carrot was non necessary to the story of Whole cake, I'm not saying that she was non necessary, she was, but for the bigger picture.

Yeah. The other Strawhats came back, and then Carrot couldn't continue to act as a placeholder for them anymore.
It goes far beyond just that. The strawhat didn't shine much in wano either.

I'm aware, but Carrot's "development" being her overcoming Pedro's death feels kind of shallow compared to what the rest of the crew went through. Literally the entire crew lost a loved one at some point, but unlike Carrot they had development other than just that.
Carrot's loss is stronger that both Usopp's and Sanji's one (before WC) in term of narration. What you are searching is a real strong character arc. Something like Nami or Robin had.. This will come later (note that Jimbe and Brook have very shallow development in that regard). Wano is not the time for this right now. A simple yet powerful development is more than enough to imprint the character into the mind of the readers.

He was pretty much using the same reasoning you are.
No. I saw the argument for Monet. They are completely different. No regard for the story, no panels or story clues, just hinches.

No, I am reading the same story where it shows that Yamato wants to leave wano but you and the carrot fans think differently because y'all can't accept the fact that carrot isn't going to be apart of the crew wasn't shown or hinted that she will be then here comes Yamato a much better character with an actual package of character, not a chopper 2.0 with an actually story, development, from a rare tribe ask luffy to join his crew and state that she will go to out to sea with him 👀😂
You need to understand that Yamato no leaving And Carrot joining are two very different things, at least for me. I would be glad to see Yamato join the crew but it's just not what the story is hinting right now. You are taking a missdirection from Oda as a proof.. you will only be dispointed if you expect too much out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.