Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The "Zoro cutting diamond Shiryu" theory screams out that it's one of the times that Oda changed it because everyone had already guessed it was going to happen.
Yeah, I suspect he did and if it’s true, I think that was a stupid move. You don’t sacrifice an interesting plot point just because people saw it coming, unless the element of surprise is essential to make it work (which is not the case here).

Last edited:
P

PeperLevi

All these talk about how the idiot rabbit girl would be helpful,developed and prove she deserve be a Straw Hat during Onigashima War,but not even started and is already being showed how she's so weak and incapable as Nami. And not even are Beasts Pirates's members or Big Mom Pirates's members doing it,are Homies. Things that true powerful fighters like Franky and Kyros never would struggle against.
Accept she is trash and give her up before Oda humiliate and hurt you even more.

Yeah, I suspect he did and if it’s true, I think that was a stupid move. You don’t sacrifice an interesting plot point just because people saw it coming, unless the element of surprise is essential to make it work (which is not the case here).
Idk if he changed it but I'll say this, Zoro's opponent having a similar ability to Sanji's is possibly intentional. Like Maybe Sanji can take invisibility to the next level where he becomes undetectable by even Observation Haki. A skill like that would seemingly favor him in a Zoro fight. Soooo having Zoro deal with an opponent that can mirror that ability and overcome it he'll show he still wouldn't lose to him... At least not because of the Invisibility lol
Post automatically merged:

Also I still subscribe to the 4 members in each sea theory:

Jinbei
Yamato or Carrot (Or Both willing to drop Bonney lol)
Bonney
Smoker

Greg had a Q and A livestream that had some interesting points on this subject (it's the first question so you wouldn't need to watch all of it). It's a long livestream but I recommend it if you have the time.

From what he's saying, it seems like Oda's plan has been that Jinbei finishes off the crew. The ten person quote does (or did) include Luffy. However, Oda could well have changed his mind on that, and there could indeed be another crewmate, and Yamato is an interesting candidate. For Carrot, he understands the argument, but he seems to find it unlikely.

I mention it here because Greg did know that Jinbei was the next crewmate, for years, out of Oda's mouth and refused to touch the subject of the next crewmate until now because of it.

All the yonko seem to have 10 main members/fighters

1. Teach got his 10 titanic captains
  2. Shanks got his 9 at marineford + rockstar
  3. Kaido got his 3 all star 6 tobias + yamato
  4. Linlin got 3 sweet commanders + 4 vets + stusen + snack + decaduplit fusion
Itll make sense if we get 1 more main member imo

All the yonko seem to have 10 main members/fighters

1. Teach got his 10 titanic captains
  2. Shanks got his 9 at marineford + rockstar
  3. Kaido got his 3 all star 6 tobias + yamato
  4. Linlin got 3 sweet commanders + 4 vets + stusen + snack + decaduplit fusion
Itll make sense if we get 1 more main member imo
I think you have to stretch it to get the "all Yonko have 10 main subordinates" theory.

-Blackbeard does.
-Shanks doesn't. There's only eight of them at Marineford + Rockstar. -You'd have to count the pet monkey.
-Kaido kind of does, but do you count Yamato? If you don't, then do we count Drake, who also isn't actually loyal to him? What about the Wano natives?
-Whitebeard had sixteen division commanders, of whom only six (Marco, Ace, Jozu, Thatch, Vista and Izo) have ever had any focus, plus Oden in the past and Blackbeard
-in the BM Pirates volume cover there are eleven main members shown, not counting the already defeated Cracker and Snack that put it up to thirteen. Or people like Amande or the Decuplet fusion.

From what he's saying, it seems like Oda's plan has been that Jinbei finishes off the crew. The ten person quote does (or did) include Luffy.
This would actually make sense.

Originally it was only Blackbeard + 9 crew members (the ones at Marineford), which would match with Luffy - Jinbe. But Oda for "some reason" decided to add another main member for the BB pirates in their 10 titanic commanders, introduced to us at Dressrosa. This would make a lot of sense if he intends to also have 10 SH members, not including Luffy.

If you add together the postponed "biggest and best" toast + party and the new nakama teasing with Yamato then it seems like Oda's going to go ahead with 11 straw hats. When he teased Vivi joining the crew, he didn't leave us totally disappointed as he gave us Robin instead. The idea of Yamato joining the crew has been explicitly put into the minds of readers and so it makes sense that at least someone joins by the end of the arc.

I think you have to stretch it to get the "all Yonko have 10 main subordinates" theory.

-Blackbeard does.
-Shanks doesn't. There's only eight of them at Marineford + Rockstar. -You'd have to count the pet monkey.
-Kaido kind of does, but do you count Yamato? If you don't, then do we count Drake, who also isn't actually loyal to him? What about the Wano natives?
-Whitebeard had sixteen division commanders, of whom only six (Marco, Ace, Jozu, Thatch, Vista and Izo) have ever had any focus, plus Oden in the past and Blackbeard
-in the BM Pirates volume cover there are eleven main members shown, not counting the already defeated Cracker and Snack that put it up to thirteen. Or people like Amande or the Decuplet fusion.
The top 10 of a Yonko crew consists of the top tier captain at #1, the 3 high tier top commanders at #2-4, and the 6 mid tier Vets at #5-10.

For the BP, it goes like: Kaido, then the 3 All Stars, and then the Flying 6.

For the BMP, it goes like: BM, then her 3 SCs, and then her 6 Vets (Snack, Pero, Compote, Oven, Daifuku, Streusen).

For the RHP, it goes like: Shanks, then his 3 top guys (Beckman, Roo, Yasopp), then those other 5 guys and that one extra guy who had half of his body not shown.

The WBP have WB at top, then his 3 top commanders, then Ace, and Izo would probably be one of the 5 remaining Vets.

The BBP mess up this formula since they have one extra commander.

I watched that livestream and found it interesting. Back when Greg first said Jimbe completes the crew I wasn't completely sold on it particularly because of Luffys statement of 10 friends making a total of eleven. A number is a fan of due to soccer and such.

And that's further reinforced by BB and his 10 Titan captains. Luffy and BB were mirrors to eachother, essentially.

So it seems like the minks' time to shine may have finally come with them about to attack Kaido in Sulong. Their purpose in the arc is finally beginning and this could potentially lead to some more focus on the extent of their abilities which have yet to be revealed in full. If there is a shift towards focus on the minks then that's great for Carrot, the most significant mink of them all.

Carrot's now free and with Nami, despite what is going on, Oda is still separating her from the rest of the minks who are fighting on top of the dome and instead he's keeping her with straw hats. It's obvious Oda has a purpose for Carrot being separated otherwise he would've just lumped her with the rest of them. He could've had her leading a mink charge or whatever if he was planning on making her a key figure to the minks themselves. However, he is saving her and her Sulong for something else. Carrot and Nami having just escaped from Big Mom will be right next to Luffy which would be an opportunity for Carrot to show some stuff.

As if on command, Perospero is already at the entrance of Onigashima and is rushing at full speed towards her location. A confrontation that Oda has set up way in advance:

We could soon be getting some development on the plot with Carrot and the dawn too. It was yet again referenced this chapter by Kin emon, and considering the fact that this battle is taking place at night, you'd expect something pretty significant to take place when the literal dawn comes. Who knows what that might mean, or what will happen in the buildup to that moment, but the truth of the matter is that it's a plot that Oda decided to connect Carrot with through the final words of her now dead mentor.

All these talk about how the idiot rabbit girl would be helpful,developed and prove she deserve be a Straw Hat during Onigashima War,but not even started and is already being showed how she's so weak and incapable as Nami. And not even are Beasts Pirates's members or Big Mom Pirates's members doing it,are Homies. Things that true powerful fighters like Franky and Kyros never would struggle against.
Accept she is trash and give her up before Oda humiliate and hurt you even more.
this didnt age well.

Status
Not open for further replies.