Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw someone say Smoker as a Strawhat candidate and let me ask you this. Would Smoker seriously betray the Marines and become the one thing he hates?

That’s why Smoker sounds as impossible as Kuma as a crew member or even Grand Fleet Captain.
Smoker isn't totally impossible. His story has all been about him trying to work out what true justice is. He's seen (begrudgingly) from Luffy that not all pirates are bad, he's seen from the Warlords that the World Gov aren't infallible. His big friend in the Marines, Kuzan, is questioning his own justice and went a totally different route. Feasibly, you could see a situation arising where, when confronted with evil within the Marines themselves (which hasn't happened to him yet. Vergo was notably considered by Smoker a pirate, not a real Marine) Smoker decides his justice can only be found through Luffy changing the world.

Having said all that, I'd only give a... 2-5% chance that actually happens. Smoker is going to end up on Luffy's side, but not as an official ally.

Smoker isn't totally impossible. His story has all been about him trying to work out what true justice is. He's seen (begrudgingly) from Luffy that not all pirates are bad, he's seen from the Warlords that the World Gov aren't infallible. His big friend in the Marines, Kuzan, is questioning his own justice and went a totally different route. Feasibly, you could see a situation arising where, when confronted with evil within the Marines themselves (which hasn't happened to him yet. Vergo was notably considered by Smoker a pirate, not a real Marine) Smoker decides his justice can only be found through Luffy changing the world.

Having said all that, I'd only give a... 2-5% chance that actually happens. Smoker is going to end up on Luffy's side, but not as an official ally.
Half the reason I want a Vegapunk arc is because hes there at his facility, and depending on how that arc turns out its a great point in the story to have him ally with Luffy (crewmate or not).

Oh? I haven't seen it. What is your view.
My view is that Yamato has far more packed into their character in 5 chapters then any generic side character would. I think they have a true legitimate shot at joining.

Drizzt points out with Kaidou mentioning Yamato as Shogun and Momo wanting to be shogun, it dispels any chances of her leaving, but clearly ignores the dialogue of Yamato rejecting that title.

He also mentions where Yamato desire to open the borders of Wano and saying since the retainers are dead someone has to inherit Oden's. My argument is that Yamato clearly took self responsibility only because they thought the Scabbards were dead.

My view is that Yamato has far more packed into their character in 5 chapters then any generic side character would. I think they have a true legitimate shot at joining.

Drizzt points out with Kaidou mentioning Yamato as Shogun and Momo wanting to be shogun, it dispels any chances of her leaving, but clearly ignores the dialogue of Yamato rejecting that title.

He also mentions where Yamato desire to open the borders of Wano and saying since the retainers are dead someone has to inherit Oden's. My argument is that Yamato clearly took self responsibility only because they thought the Scabbards were dead.
Yamato's character indicates that she wants her Freedom and being/playing Oden is tantamount to being Free. So becoming Shogun as impossible as it is would stifle the freedom she wants. Even becoming a bodyguard would too. Yamato spent 20 years being held captive on Onigashima with regular beatings and who knows what else.
And yeah I also agree Yamato took responsibility because there was supposedly nobody else, but that doesn't mean she's going to give up the/her fight.

Yamato's character indicates that she wants her Freedom and being/playing Oden is tantamount to being Free. So becoming Shogun as impossible as it is would stifle the freedom she wants. Even becoming a bodyguard would too. Yamato spent 20 years being held captive on Onigashima with regular beatings and who knows what else.
And yeah I also agree Yamato took responsibility because there was supposedly nobody else, but that doesn't mean she's going to give up the/her fight.
I do agree. The dialogue of wanting to go out to sea with Ace indicates some form of desire to leave. While she was introduced really late and is lacking in some areas, I just found a lot of Drizzt's assessment as premature and 'convenient'.

I'll also add that I'm not one to simply just jump on a 'train', I might for the memes, but Yamato as a potential Strawhat is simple nothing to scoff at.

People were talking about Kinemon earlier. I actually think he might join. I never took him seriously as a potential nakama before yesterday and I'm honestly not a huge fan of him, but he was giving off MAJOR Strawhat vibes this chapter. If the 4 crew members per sea thing is true, I think Carrot, Yamato, and Kinemon will finish off the crew.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
I just watch Drizzt's video about Yamato, I overall disagree with all the points he made.
Actually his video is pretty good and all of Yama pals should watch it.

I don't agree with all of his points but the fact is that most of them are on point.

She's not joining the crew nor that annoying Rabbit.

People were talking about Kinemon earlier. I actually think he might join. I never took him seriously as a potential nakama before yesterday and I'm honestly not a huge fan of him, but he was giving off MAJOR Strawhat vibes this chapter. If the 4 crew members per sea thing is true, I think Carrot, Yamato, and Kinemon will finish off the crew.
Eh, I dont see Kinemon. Unlike Brook hes actually highly redundant to Zoro. He has no actual specified role or skill on a pirate ship. Not to mention, hugely out of character to finally win Wano back from Kaido and then pretty much leave Momonosuke at Wano without being his retainer.

I can see Carrot and/or Yamato here only, tbh

Actually his video is pretty good and all of Yama pals should watch it.

I don't agree with all of his points but the fact is that most of them are on point.

She's not joining the crew nor that annoying Rabbit.
I don't think any of his points are sound at all lol
* Her face does look vaguely similar to nami's (like every one piece female) but so does vivi's and she was actually In the crew
* the point that oda would "NEVER" introduce another female into the crew that takes away from nami or robin is simply just "his" speculation and not based on anything in the manga or stated from oda. and AGAIN vivi literally took away from nami as an entire arc was dedicated to her.
* the point of not disrupting the monster trio is just dumb to me. Jinbe literally joined and by drizzt's logic didnt disrupt the trio but how would yamato do that if shes not stronger than luffy,zoro,sanji either?

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
I don't think any of his points are sound at all lol
* Her face does look vaguely similar to nami's (like every one piece female) but so does vivi's and she was actually In the crew
* the point that oda would "NEVER" introduce another female into the crew that takes away from nami or robin is simply just "his" speculation and not based on anything in the manga or stated from oda. and AGAIN vivi literally took away from nami as an entire arc was dedicated to her.
* the point of not disrupting the monster trio is just dumb to me. Jinbe literally joined and by drizzt's logic didnt disrupt the trio but how would yamato do that if shes not stronger than luffy,zoro,sanji either?
I'm talking about these serious ones not about one about nami and power level in Monster trio xD.

These ones were actually hilarious.

But ngl Yamato looks like Nami with horns.

Status
Not open for further replies.