Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Too many crew Oda will have difficulties to draw. I miss Brooks music attacks. Pre TS Brooks used Violin, Post TS Brooks use Guitar. But now that tool no more. Brooks fighting with thin sword and ice attribute(french musketeers sword or Olympic sword competition style using thin sword more towards thrust rather than slash). It must be hard in soul music attack that Oda replace this with soul ice attribute.

The Whitebeard Pirates joining the Strawhat Fleet isn’t too bad of an idea.

Marco and the others would like a new strong leader to follow since Whitebeard’s death. Luffy being that perfect candidate after receiving a humiliating loss from Blackbeard’s crew without one.

Do you guys think Wano’s borders will be opened by the end of the Wano Country arc? I’ve seen it said that a dream for Yamato, at least one mentioned so far, is that her dream is Oden’s dream, but if Wano’s borders are opened, then the point would fall moot. Not sure how it could be convincingly written that Luffy ends up not opening the borders at the end of the arc.

Something really since the SH enter the New World. In the first part of the manga Luffy was the one asking other people to join his crew and now people to join them. It means his reputation as a pirate has drawn some respect and want to sail with him. After Wano his reputation will grow even more so don't be surprised if more people ask to join his crew. And Luffy doesn't look like someone who will say no to them. As someone who will become the next pirate king he will attracted a lot of people so don't be surprised if his final crew is more than 10-12 members

Something really since the SH enter the New World. In the first part of the manga Luffy was the one asking other people to join his crew and now people to join them. It means his reputation as a pirate has drawn some respect and want to sail with him. After Wano his reputation will grow even more so don't be surprised if more people ask to join his crew. And Luffy doesn't look like someone who will say no to them. As someone who will become the next pirate king he will attracted a lot of people so don't be surprised if his final crew is more than 10-12 members
Luffy say no to all his grand fleet captain after Dressrosa.. :myman:

Don't really see the need to wait for Yamato's flashback anymore. Still very much expect her to sail away with the crew after this arc, don't expect her at all to become one of them.

And Carrot's omission from the BIG STRAWHAT DOUBLESPREAD NEARLY TEN YEARS IN THE MAKING was just all-round hilarious, given she was literally right next to them and didn't make it.

And Carrot's omission from the BIG STRAWHAT DOUBLESPREAD NEARLY TEN YEARS IN THE MAKING was just all-round hilarious, given she was literally right next to them and didn't make it.
Oda already fed us this. The reunion of the straw hats after 6 years and she's slap bang in the middle
So we still eating :myman:

But admittedly it sucks, lmao. But that's how it goes. In this instance, Oda wanted a moment solely for the official straw hats. In FMI it didn't matter if he added Jinbe, because he also added multiple other characters in the spread too. It wasn't solely a straw hat spread.

When talking about straw hat exclusive, the same thing happened to Brook on Thriller Bark.

He was right there next to them at the beginning of the chapter, and then Oda shows all the present straw hats in a big spread getting up showing that they shouldn't be underestimated, but doesn't show Brook, despite the fact that Brook was literally right there with them, in the same fashion as Carrot this chapter.

A few chapters later after the straw hats fight Oars as a group, Brook joins in. And at Onigashima we have all the straw hats united at the stage with big meme looming, and Carrot's right next to them and had been with them ever since they arriving at the island, DESPITE the fact that her official faction, the minks are all fighting separately against Kaido.

We could be seeing Carrot joining in with the straw hats vs Big Meme in the coming chapters which would be a huge boost to her candidacy.

Don't really see the need to wait for Yamato's flashback anymore. Still very much expect her to sail away with the crew after this arc, don't expect her at all to become one of them.

How did I know you'd comment about this the first moment you'd get?

By saying this, you'd have to be forced to acknowledge by that point Carrot is a Straw Hat by your own words, even though she's presently not.

The reunion of the straw hats after 6 years and she's slap bang in the middle
Payoff for WCI. And as we know, Wanda's there as well. Notably, she vanishes at the big crew party minutes later, and now in the grand double spread. It's not surprising that Carrot, who is an affectionate character from the race that has Garchu as one of their defining features, would glomp Jinbei when he showed up and proved himself alive.

Neither is it surprising when after initial moment that she vanishes into the background and doesn't play any role in the Strawhat only moments
When talking about straw hat exclusive, the same thing happened to Brook on Thriller Bark.
Not really. Luffy and Nami aren't present there either. When the full crew got included at the end fight with Oars, they all played there part, Brook included. It's also notable that spread is about how Oars, as Luffy, should know what the crew are capable of- Luffy hadn't actually seen Brook fight at that point. He didn't know what Brook was capable of, as Oars or Luffy.

Here we have all the Strawhats joining up in their grand "we're here to take on the Yonko" moment, and neither Carrot nor Yamato are involved. Why would Oda do this if either we're going to be Strawhats? What's the point in continually excluding them?

We could be seeing Carrot joining in with the straw hats vs Big Meme in the coming chapters which would be a huge boost to her candidacy.
I'm almost certain there will be some payoff between Carrot and Perospero in the coming chapters, but have no expectations it'll be given as much focus as what the Strawhats, Scabbards, Kozuki or Worst Gen get in the war.
How did I know you'd comment about this the first moment you'd get?

By saying this, you'd have to be forced to acknowledge by that point Carrot is a Straw Hat by your own words, even though she's presently not.
Yes, if Oda actually wrote Carrot as a Strawhat I would have to consider her a Strawhat. Which he hasn't done. What kind of point is this?

Yes, if Oda actually wrote Carrot as a Strawhat I would have to consider her a Strawhat. Which he hasn't done. What kind of point is this?
And if she had positioned in that double spread with the rest of the crew with the background characters announcing its the Straw Hat crew, then it would be jarring to you, wouldn't it? So I see no reason why its a problem when Carrot herself isn't a Straw Hat.

Also, if you think there's only payoff to Carrot's character with Perospero, then that would literally ignore what Pedro's last words to her were in regards to the importance of the Straw Hats/Luffy to the Mink Tribe and the Kozuki Clan. That ain't being solved with her fighting Perospero.

And if she had positioned in that double spread with the rest of the crew with the background characters announcing its the Straw Hat crew, then it would be jarring to you, wouldn't it? So I see no reason why its a problem when Carrot herself isn't a Straw Hat.
It would be jarring to me, yeah, cause I'm under the impression that Carrot is not and never will be a Strawhat. It's the sort of thing you guys should be waiting for with bated breath though. Oda didn't have a problem sticking Jinbei, Shirahoshi and freaking Pappug in the FI doublespread that had someone saying "IT'S THE STRAWHATS, THEY'RE ALL HERE," so there's absolutely nice reason why Carrot wouldn't be in that spread if she was going to be in the crew.

Also, if you think there's only payoff to Carrot's character with Perospero, then that would literally ignore what Pedro's last words to her were in regards to the importance of the Straw Hats/Luffy to the Mink Tribe and the Kozuki Clan. That ain't being solved with her fighting Perospero.
We are literally watching Pedro's last words being fulfilled as we speak. Carrot had to give everything she had in WCI- Su Long- to get the Strawhats to this moment, where they are about to bring about the Dawn and open the border of Wano, which the Kozuki and Minks have been waiting for for centuries. Thats been the overarching plot since Punk Hazard, of which Carrot has only ever been a small part. Perospero's the most she's ever going to get as payoff. Cause she sure as hell isn't going to beat Kaido.

It would be jarring to me, yeah, cause I'm under the impression that Carrot is not and never will be a Strawhat. It's the sort of thing you guys should be waiting for with bated breath though. Oda didn't have a problem sticking Jinbei, Shirahoshi and freaking Pappug in the FI doublespread that had someone saying "IT'S THE STRAWHATS, THEY'RE ALL HERE," so there's absolutely nice reason why Carrot wouldn't be in that spread if she was going to be in the crew.
Because she's not a member of the Straw Hat crew, especially if its being publicly announced. The fishmen onlookers didn't say that in the same panel of the double spread panel. It was as they independently arrived and revealed themselves in Gyoncorde Plaza that that was reflected, so that's just misconstruing what was actually shown. Not the same as them all being announced as such collectively.

We are literally watching Pedro's last words being fulfilled as we speak. Carrot had to give everything she had in WCI- Su Long- to get the Strawhats to this moment, where they are about to bring about the Dawn and open the border of Wano, which the Kozuki and Minks have been waiting for for centuries. Thats been the overarching plot since Punk Hazard, of which Carrot has only ever been a small part. Perospero's the most she's ever going to get as payoff. Cause she sure as hell isn't going to beat Kaido.
I know, I've said this myself. Because if it was unrelated or not important in regards to her, he wouldn't have felt the need to tell her. We knew of his intentions when he confronted Tamago, its just that he felt the need to relay that to her before his sacrifice. If she has no payoff in regards to it, Oda wouldn't have felt the need to bring it to her attention.

EDIT: I doubt the "Dawn of the World" will be solved by the conclusion of this arc. Maybe revealed and given more substance, yes. Resolved? Nah...

Last edited:
Payoff for WCI. And as we know, Wanda's there as well. Notably, she vanishes at the big crew party minutes later, and now in the grand double spread. It's not surprising that Carrot, who is an affectionate character from the race that has Garchu as one of their defining features, would glomp Jinbei when he showed up and proved himself alive.

Neither is it surprising when after initial moment that she vanishes into the background and doesn't play any role in the Strawhat only moments
It's not just any moment though. It's the very first time that the entire crew's been together in the better half of a decade. That's huge. And Oda could've easily just not included Carrot so that we get our straw hat only reunion. But instead he included her into their moment. A sliver of Wanda being shown looking on in the background is irrelevant compared to Carrot being totally involved in the moment right in the middle of things. Carrot's not an official straw hat so it's understandable if she's sometimes excluded from moments dedicated solely to the crew. That's natural and has happened to other straw hats before they joined. But the point is that Oda does choose to include her in some important moments. Constantly keeping her with the crew even in all this chaos.
Not really. Luffy and Nami aren't present there either. When the full crew got included at the end fight with Oars, they all played there part, Brook included. It's also notable that spread is about how Oars, as Luffy, should know what the crew are capable of- Luffy hadn't actually seen Brook fight at that point. He didn't know what Brook was capable of, as Oars or Luffy.

Here we have all the Strawhats joining up in their grand "we're here to take on the Yonko" moment, and neither Carrot nor Yamato are involved. Why would Oda do this if either we're going to be Strawhats? What's the point in continually excluding them?
Luffy and Nami aren't present in the spread because they physically weren't there at that location. Whereas Brook was literally right next to them. Brook was eventually included with the crew later on as they fought, but Oda still wanted to have his straw hat crew are badasses spread, and he didn't include Brook, whilst he included every member of the straw hats that were actually there.

And, the message of both the Oars and the recent spread is that the straw hats shouldn't be underestimated. Hyogoro starts his declaration by talking about how vast the quantities of enemies they're up against are.
I'm almost certain there will be some payoff between Carrot and Perospero in the coming chapters, but have no expectations it'll be given as much focus as what the Strawhats, Scabbards, Kozuki or Worst Gen get in the war.
I agree that there will be payoff between Carrot and Perospero. But I've got to ask, why do you think Wanda isn't with Carrot right now? If the Perospero encounter is gonna be solely about Pedro, then it would make sense for Wanda who had a close relationship with him to also be with Carrot in facing him.

That aside, if Carrot does face and beat Perospero, then she would have defeated an enemy on the strongest tier below the yonko commanders. That's about as much as a straw hat like Chopper or Usopp can likely hope to get out of this war anyways.

@dizzy2341 and @Visa

Don't think there's much point continuing over the double spread. I think it continues the pattern of Carrot being continually unimportant and not Strawhat material, you guys think it's just a sign that she isn't a Strawhat yet, fair enough. Long as you are both honest enough to admit had she been in the spread, you guys would be all over this thread claiming it was undeniable proof that she was joining. And, to be fair, I'd probably be pointing at Pappug in Fishman Island and saying "Nuh uh, means nothing."

@Visa

We know what the Dawn is, it's opening Wano's borders and reversing the centuries long decision by the Kozuki's to close the country off, because the one they've been waiting for- Luffy- has came. Toki's prophecy, Oden's logbook and Kin's words to Luffy a few chapters ago have all told us that. It's something that is far bigger than Carrot, and the Scabbards are far more involved in it than her.

@dizzy2341

For Carrot vs Perospero

I don't think it will happen any time soon- you'd expect it to happen where she could use her big special trump card of Su Long. And whatever is happening with Marco needs resolved first. So Wanda (and Neko and the other Guardians) could still be involved in it, because there should still be some pieces being moved to get it started.

I'd also be very, very surprised if Carrot actually beats Perospero, because I don't think Oda brought him as the only BM Pirate and with a grudge against Marco and King just to be beaten by Carrot.

@Garp the Fist
I'm well aware its a dig for you to point out Carrot's lack of focus since that was practically the first thing you posted. I'm just pointing out that trying to use the Fishman Island double spread as an example of something that we would use with no substance due to non-SH characters featured in the panel doesn't work when you yourself don't acknowledge the numerous panels that Carrot has been featured alongside the crew, including the Straw Hat centric reunion panel with Jinbe. So I can't see your point.

Also, Toki has been carrying the prophecy of the Dawn dating back 800 years in the past and she had personally left her home country of Wano when Oden found her. Opening Wano's gates is more than likely a prelude to what is to come. Crocus is aware of the dawn that is to come one day, Pedro wanted to sail with Roger as a child because he believed he was the one that would be to usher it in before his untimely death, and Roger mentioned that he and his crew were "too soon." They had to wait for the re-emergence of the Mermaid Princess which wouldn't happen in their time. Which is also why Roger said he'd leave it to his son.

If opening Wano's borders was all it took to usher in the Dawn of the World, Roger would have done it already with Oden. So thats clearly not it.

Last edited:
So I can't see your point.
My point is Carrot would have been in that spread if she was going to be a Strawhat, regardless of the fact she hasn't joined yet.

If opening Wano's borders was all it took to usher in the Dawn of the World, Roger would have done it already with Oden. So thats clearly not it.
Act Three has literally spelt out that the Dawn is the opening of Wano's borders. Like four chapters ago Kine'mon said the Dawn would rise over Wano because that's what the Scabbards promised Oden they would do.

Roger didn't do it because Roger was dying, knew full well it was too early and Oden said that he and his samurai were the ones who would do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.