Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
luffy and roger's dreams are still kept hidden from us
Then you’re saying that becoming a Pirate King is Luffy’s desire, not his dream, right?

then with the manga page I gave to you post Loguetown, those are pretty much the same: those are East Blue SHs desire; not dreams, right?

Then again, it doesn’t matter

Last edited:
R

rubblerust

If anything the panels @JoSeungHun7335 pasted convinced me that Yamato's dream is very similar to the others. Notice how Usopp wants to be a brave warrior just like the giants, and Nami asks him if he wants to be a giant. This is similar to Yamato wanting to be free like Oden, and it getting confused with Yamato wanting to be Oden himself. They both have role models who have achieved their dream who they look up to.

Yamato just has the extra gag of claiming to be Oden, but she never does it when it seriously matters like with GB.

Saying Yamato doesn't have an actual dream and just wants to copy Oden is like saying Usopp doesn't have one either and just wants to copy the giants.

Or that Luffy doesn't have a dream because he just wants to copy Roger.
How can he copy Roger when he did not meet him. That's not copying, they have the same will. And Yamato's dream to the same as Luffy's and ultimately Roger's. Its to have freedom.

This is why Yamato said Luffy was "MORE ODEN" than her. Ode means freedom to Yamato, just as "Pirate King" means freedom to Luffy

R

rubblerust

How can he copy Roger when he did not meet him. That's not copying, they have the same will. And Yamato's dream to the same as Luffy's and ultimately Roger's. Its to have freedom.

This is why Yamato said Luffy was "MORE ODEN" than her. Ode means freedom to Yamato, just as "Pirate King" means freedom to Luffy
So because Yamato saw Oden at his execution she is actually copying Oden rather than inheriting his will? What are you saying?

AL sama

Red Haired
Then you’re saying that becoming a Pirate King is Luffy’s desire, not his dream, right?
assumably so
then with the manga page I gave to you post Loguetown, those are pretty much the same: those are East Blue SHs desire; not dreams, right?
they weren't shown to have any other dreams were they??

you might say same goes for yamato but I think its stillll a bit early to say that
Saying Yamato doesn't have an actual dream and just wants to copy Oden is like saying Usopp doesn't have one either and just wants to copy the giants.

Or that Luffy doesn't have a dream because he just wants to copy Roger.
where did O say that tho??

what I m about to say now will surely sound like him lol

whether they matter or not depends on the context
What’s your point then? You said “Yamato hasn’t had any dream yet.” Then I showed you the panel of her flashback with Ace.

Then you said it’s not enough to be specified as a dream and can be argued against. If it is then the East Blue SHs can be argued against since they never specified their “desire” as “dreams”

I’m honestly confused. FYI it’s not ganging up on you

AL sama

Red Haired
What’s your point then? You said “Yamato hasn’t had any dream yet.” Then I showed you the panel of her flashback with Ace.

Then you said it’s not enough to be specified as a dream and can be argued against. If it is then the East Blue SHs can be argued against since they never specified their “desire” as “dreams”

I’m honestly confused. FYI it’s not ganging up on you
yes she stated what she wants to do but my point is we don't know if that's her dream or not

some might take it as her dream and others might not

also I was joking about the ganging up thing

yes she stated what she wants to do but my point is we don't know if that's her dream or not

some might take it as her dream and others might not

also I was joking about the ganging up thing
And that’s exactly why it doesn’t matter whether it’s a dream / desire, right? Same like saying that some say being a brave warrior of the sea is Usopp’s desire, not dream; and vice versa.

I completely understand that you’re trying to think how anti-Yamato stans think; therefore I gave the example of them and why what they think of doesn’t matter.

I’m just being cautious since some take your jokes seriously. Hate to say it but like C4N says: context matters (regarding the joke)

AL sama

Red Haired
And that’s exactly why it doesn’t matter whether it’s a dream / desire, right? Same like saying that some say being a brave warrior of the sea is Usopp’s desire, not dream; and vice versa.
given the context yes
I completely understand that you’re trying to think how anti-Yamato stans think; therefore I gave the example of them and why what they think of doesn’t matter.
fair point
I’m just being cautious since some take your jokes seriously. Hate to say it but like C4N says: context matters (regarding the joke)
haha xD

Status
Not open for further replies.