Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Main roles are filled (Main Combatant/VC, Navigator, Cook, Doctor), several of the side roles are filled, which also happen to be present at real life ships too (Sniper, Carpenter/Engineer, Musician, Helmsman) and a condition-specific role is filled (Historian).
Now, assuming 1 to 3 more members will join, my take would be on filling side roles or condition-specific roles which are rarely seen in ships in OP world and real life. Going by 3 member formula, my take would be:

Carrot - Lookout/Scout (Filling a side role)
Yamato - Log Keeper/Combatant (Filling a rarely seen side role)
Vivi - Ambassador/Botanist (?) (Filling a condition-specific role)

Botanist is a role I seriously have no idea about by whom it will be filled with. I am open to suggestions lol :D (I left power-scaling out of the discussion on purpose. I did not consider power-scaling (especially Vivi) throughout the discussion.)

Personally I disagree with this line up, but Morj did a fantastic job with the video.

Thoughts on this?
I am not so sure smoker or momo Would join .
Smoker I think He might just join revolutionaries he was never meant straw hat. Smoker has always been Inquisitive of straw hats actions every moment they take. If he end up fall out marines. The revolutionaries are right there tashigi would follow suit. We don’t really know much about his past. Momo as I said to much burden And Liability That restricts them them of overall progress. If smoker is going stay In marines I can see him To be ally to the straw hats in order help them in coming war against government .
Post automatically merged:

Personally I disagree with this line up, but Morj did a fantastic job with the video.

Thoughts on this?
Yamato fits more female straw hats theme
a character working Antagonist switching sides and give a little bit about her backstory antagonist switching sides and give a little bit about her backstory that could relevant later on
Yamato would face more backlash being yonko’s child that ruined there country for 20 + years. Not just by her father’s crew but wano citizen. The One piece world very discriminatory base on lineages like criminal acts, people who oppose the government, and your child of criminal. Just because aiding the ally forces doesn’t mean the world will automatically trust her as person. Sure Momo some of samurai could try voucher for her. But the citizen of wano and others outside wano are not so sure about this if they can trust her base 20 years rule and oppression by her father. Even though she had nothing do with the world doesn’t see that. Knowing this aspect she fits a lot with straw hats. Especially knowing that cp0 is there she she is likely going get bounty on her head. Which would cause her to leave as she originally attend.

I personally think last 3 straw hats
Yamato
Carrot
Vivi

Smoker I think He might just join revolutionaries he was never meant straw hat. Smoker has always been Inquisitive of straw hats actions every moment they take. If he end up fall out marines. The revolutionaries are right there tashigi would follow suit. We don’t really know much about his past. Momo as I said to much burden And Liability That restricts them them of overall progress. If smoker is going stay In marines I can see him To be ally to the straw hats in order help them in coming war against government .
Momo is also not an outcast or doesn’t feel like he doesn’t belong to Wano (which was the reason why Oden set out to sea in the first place). I agree he will not join. Smoker is also better off with Marines or Revolutionaries, he is one of those who is aware of the dark side of the current system and is needed for the future justice system.
At this point, I see Carrot and Yamato as given, or the most probable options, especially Carrot. Vivi seems like the last nakama for me, but I cannot be sure on No 13 of SHs.

Momo is also not an outcast or doesn’t feel like he doesn’t belong to Wano (which was the reason why Oden set out to sea in the first place). I agree he will not join. Smoker is also better off with Marines or Revolutionaries, he is one of those who is aware of the dark side of the current system and is needed for the future justice system.
At this point, I see Carrot and Yamato as given, or the most probable options, especially Carrot. Vivi seems like the last nakama for me, but I cannot be sure on No 13 of SHs.
The only way I see that is if blackbeard 12 members as well. Maybe blackbeard stumbled to whole cake island cake island takes pudding with him
We still don’t know if aokiji Main member or just ally
We still don’t know fate of morah if going official member of the main crew. The fact we still don’t know who teach last member is.

The only way I see that is if blackbeard 12 members as well. Maybe blackbeard stumbled to whole cake island cake island takes pudding with him
We still don’t know if aokiji Main member or just ally
We still don’t know fate of morah if going official member of the main crew. The fact we still don’t know who teach last member is.
Oda might go with the route of tag-teams too though. Neither of W3 are at the level to seriously challenge Level 6 prisoners by themselves.

Oda might go with the route of tag-teams too though. Neither of W3 are at the level to seriously challenge Level 6 prisoners by themselves.
Maybe but I always view blackbeard pirates being parallel to the straw hats pirates in every way knowing. The only differences they have different ideologies. I think they would eventually same amount of crew members as they do.

I think it’s a pretty interesting idea to have a child of Luffy’s enemy be on Luffy’s crew. The closest example we have is Sanji, but Judge was more like Sanji’s enemy than Luffy’s.
I had the same idea. Luffy might end up having the child of all the yonko at the end in his crew. Having them could also be a way for them to achieve their parent dream through Luffy. Cause in the end Luffy will most likely achieve their dream : Making the biggest war (Kaido), United all the race (Big Mom), Having a big family (White Beard). So if Yamato, Katakuri and Weevil join Luffy they would help him to do it

I had the same idea. Luffy might end up having the child of all the yonko at the end in his crew. Having them could also be a way for them to achieve their parent dream through Luffy. Cause in the end Luffy will most likely achieve their dream : Making the biggest war (Kaido), United all the race (Big Mom), Having a big family (White Beard). So if Yamato, Katakuri and Weevil join Luffy they would help him to do it
I don’t know if luffy going have yonko’s children join crew it take away other character doing anything. I think one yonko child join the crew good enough. While other supernova collect there get there own former warlord or yonko child. Plus Katkurai devil fruit very similar to luffy. As well difference between Yamato and Katkurai is he is well respect individual while Yamato seem be bit of trouble maker. She actually want leave father Organization after findBig out father tried kill her. While Katkurai is on side I have responsibilities to take care of.

Yamato fits more female straw hats theme
a character working Antagonist switching sides and give a little bit about her backstory antagonist switching sides and give a little bit about her backstory that could relevant later on
Yamato would face more backlash being yonko’s child that ruined there country for 20 + years. Not just by her father’s crew but wano citizen. The One piece world very discriminatory base on lineages like criminal acts, people who oppose the government, and your child of criminal. Just because aiding the ally forces doesn’t mean the world will automatically trust her as person. Sure Momo some of samurai could try voucher for her. But the citizen of wano and others outside wano are not so sure about this if they can trust her base 20 years rule and oppression by her father. Even though she had nothing do with the world doesn’t see that. Knowing this aspect she fits a lot with straw hats. Especially knowing that cp0 is there she she is likely going get bounty on her head. Which would cause her to leave as she originally attend.

I personally think last 3 straw hats
Yamato
Carrot
Vivi
Oda is still the author of one piece not tits loving sanada-san btw :p

Don’t enough man crew already? Why do we need more.
We already 4 perverts and 3 leaders Can’t get other girls join us. Sanji ever since foxy arc said he wanted another girl join the crew. We only two girls on the crew. The straw hats basically sausage feast. I don’t think the straw hats are not going invite child join there crew. Hell smoker despite fact he has chase straw hats For long time he hasn’t done anything to extraordinary. If he did join he invited tashigi come along with him. I believe he fell out of the Marines likely that he might end up just joining the revolutionaries

If add there 3 more girls to crew you end up having girls relate female audience
Nami-bossy girl girl the needy emotional anchor she’s also rebellious and is thief.
Robin-book nerd/historian gothic girl
Yamato-bad girl The rebellious Tom boy tough trouble maker. http://gaijinrider.altervista.org/A...F-VqDquMLEgMyW7h53w0Zo5XJTFgUzM_oqEoaPWfOu7Zw
Carrot- Tom boy who is supportive and cheerful/energetic
Vivi-rational polite one, who willing negotiate peaceful

Last edited:
We already 4 perverts and 3 leaders Can’t get other girls join us. Sanji ever since foxy arc said he wanted another girl join the crew. We only two girls on the crew. The straw hats basically sausage feast. I don’t think the straw hats are not going invite child join there crew. Hell smoker despite fact he has chase straw hats For long time he hasn’t done anything to extraordinary. If he did join he invited tashigi come along with him. I believe he fell out of the Marines likely that he might end up just joining the revolutionaries

If add there 3 more girls to crew you end up having girls relate female audience
Nami-bossy girl girl the needy emotional anchor she’s also rebellious and is thief.
Yamato-bad girl The rebellious Tom boy tough trouble maker. http://gaijinrider.altervista.org/A...F-VqDquMLEgMyW7h53w0Zo5XJTFgUzM_oqEoaPWfOu7Zw
Yamato is fine and vivi is vivi, no one has any qualms about these two joining but the bunny ewww

Yamato is fine and vivi is vivi, no one has any qualms about these two joining but the bunny ewww

Even look at your own comment, you didn't find any thing unique about that bunny LOL and that is the whole point

None of the straw hats are/were scared to meet Luffy. The candidates other than Yamato, and Pudding, was scared of Luffy when they met him, even before or after he showed his strength. Anyone who shows a sign of fear when meeting Luffy(after showing his actual personality/power too) is automatically not welcomed in the actual crew, because if you don't show that you can talk to Luffy, then what's the point? That's why Yamato is perfect yet again, because she actually likes his power.

I don't think I'd put Pudding in the same category because she was putting on a persona the whole time and was actually into Sanji. Smoker and Law aren't candidates in my eyes. Hancock has shown fear of Luffy at first, after he showed up to Amazon Lily. It all depends on if the person likes Luffy's power or not, because Luffy depends on power. If they like it, then they can't be someone that loves Luffy like a lover. If his life is still going to be like this, it'll be extremely brave of someone to join him this time.

Currently, including captain, BBP has 11 crew, while SHs has 10 crew. Ofc SHs need 1 more crew.

But If BB wants new crews it's easy for him to recruit people since he is in Beehive/pirate paradise/the place where Rocks pirate formed.

He may recruit more of grandfleet, ally, or even a crew in there. If he add more crew then SHs would have more than 1 people to join

Imo, with the current event that shicibukai is abolished and the new weapons of WG are made, recruiting new people or having an alliance (even kaido and BM ally) would be the best option to pick

Last edited:
Currently, including captain, BBP has 11 crew, while SHs has 10 crew. Ofc SHs need 1 more crew.

But If BB wants new crews it's easy for him to recruit people since he is in Beehive/pirate paradise/the place where Rocks pirate formed.

He may recruit more of grandfleet, ally, or even a crew in there. If he add more crew then SHs would have more than 1 people to join

Imo, with the current event that shicibukai is abolished and the new weapons of WG are made, recruiting new people or having an alliance (even kaido and BM ally) would be the best option to pick
Blackbeard appears have oni on race as well. Multiple crews through series seem to have Fishman as main crew members. Some crew actually Have mink.
The crew who have fishman
Roger, whitebeard, big mom, kaido, possible blackbeard, Dragon, Foxy, donflamingo, Oden and luffy.
The oni race
Kaido, whitebeard, and blackbeard
The people who have minks
Hawkins, law, and big mom
The only Person we know Up you until this point who was s oni on ally side is Yamato.

Status
Not open for further replies.