Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Their fruits did not have to reappear in Wano. The idea is that when the fruit user actually dies, the power will return to the closest original fruit the power existed in the first place. Caesar purposefully puts a bag of apples near Smiley, you can tell it occurs here. Oda explained this in an SBS too if I recall.

So basically those 2 fruits had to have originally existed on Wano to begin with. If they didn't, it'd be the closest location thereafter.

Er, Carrot tried fighting Katakuri, not Perospero. In fact, she only had an angry face towards Pero after he survived.

Seriously guys? Her fighting Perospero IS the only logical answer. What the hell is this ridiculous bias against her lmao?

You say she doesn't have enough to do or doesn't have enough interaction, but then half of you deny the possibility of a fight against the person who killed her mentor? Goddamn, she's the ONLY person who should be fighting Perospero, no other character or mink can be justified.
She can fight Perospero, it's very logical to do so
She's not joining though... Luffy doesn't vibe with her...
Carrot had the BEST CHANCE to win Luffy's attention during WCI.... when Luffy's group was SO SMALL "consisting of 10 team members" maximum... against a whole army of Yonko...

Yet Luffy not once he gave the "Awesome" eyes panel about what Carrot can do.. to make him interested in her...

This war itself is MUCH LARGER... and their group is so much bigger... consisting of 5400 members... and prominant members of the war DOES NOT INCLUDE Carrot... prominant members are the "scabbard + Law + Kidd + Killer + Any supernova who may join....+ Marco if he joined ....etc"

The possibility of Carrot doing something in this war for Luffy to go CRAZY for her is almost ZERO to me when he did NOT do it during WCI arc, when their group was an "infiltration group" that can be counted with your fingers....

On the other hand... look at Luffy's interest in ALL OF THE STRAWHATS... and how irritating he is about his interest in them where he constantly insist on inviting them even if they refuse

There is a different type of vibe/chemistry between Luffy and his crew nakama... Carrot is far from that... besides.... she has NO DEPTH as a character... her backstory is fucking Pedro making it good... not her.... and she's only there to be acting silly and naive whenever Chopper is acting Naive... To hell with annoying crew member like that honestly

If Oda made her join... it will only for merchandise because he knows some furry lovers/enthusiast will be purchusing the hell out of it... it will not be because she is a strawhat material

She can fight Perospero, it's very logical to do so
She's not joining though... Luffy doesn't vibe with her...
Carrot had the BEST CHANCE to win Luffy's attention during WCI.... when Luffy's group was SO SMALL "consisting of 10 team members" maximum... against a whole army of Yonko...

Yet Luffy not once he gave the "Awesome" eyes panel about what Carrot can do.. to make him interested in her...

This war itself is MUCH LARGER... and their group is so much bigger... consisting of 5400 members... and prominant members of the war DOES NOT INCLUDE Carrot... prominant members are the "scabbard + Law + Kidd + Killer + Any supernova who may join....+ Marco if he joined ....etc"

The possibility of Carrot doing something in this war for Luffy to go CRAZY for her is almost ZERO to me when he did NOT do it during WCI arc, when their group was an "infiltration group" that can be counted with your fingers....

On the other hand... look at Luffy's interest in ALL OF THE STRAWHATS... and how irritating he is about his interest in them where he constantly insist on inviting them even if they refuse

There is a different type of vibe/chemistry between Luffy and his crew nakama... Carrot is far from that... besides.... she has NO DEPTH as a character... her backstory is fucking Pedro making it good... not her.... and she's only there to be acting silly and naive whenever Chopper is acting Naive... To hell with annoying crew member like that honestly

If Oda made her join... it will only for merchandise because he knows some furry lovers/enthusiast will be purchusing the hell out of it... it will not be because she is a strawhat material
Isn't it not fair to say that though? Carrot displayed her abilities while Luffy was fighting Katakuri, so he literally has not seen her properly fight, save for one interaction with Zoro at Zou.

And come on guys....Luffy did NOT go crazy for Franky even when he was a cyborg. He was PISSED at Franky for a lot of other reasons. The Franky Family had to beg the Strawhats to take him (though by that point they loved the idea).

I really don't think there is this magical, definable pattern to how Luffy or Oda chooses crewmates. He shows their worth when he shows them. Carrot is probably the only character who's had a variety of those qualities shown.

Momonosuke BARELY interacted with Oden in a 15 chapter flashback. This bias goes both ways guys....
Hardly any bias. Carrot and Pedro's flashback together consisted of a grand total of three panels. Pedro's flashback itself, two and a half pages.

Doesn't exactly compare to Momonosuke's father, and Kin'emon's master, getting a fifteen chapter flashback devoted to his life. Avenging Oden is the main point of this arc, which has had years and years of build up.

Pedro's death, in comparison, is a mere subplot in an arc only building up to Wano.

And again, not saying Momo and Kin are joining. What i am saying is that they are clearly more important than Carrot has ever been, and the focus they've got is the kind you'd expect from the next Strawhat.
Kinemon/Law? They have no explicit dreams...even after their long flashbacks.
Eh? Kin'emon's dream is Oden's dream. Open the borders of Wano.

Law's dream was to defeat Doflamingo and avenge Corazon, but again, not saying he's joining, I'm saying the focus he's had is what to expect from a character being set up to be a Strawhat.

Pedro was helpless against Peros. Even Sulong Carrot is unlikely to be able to deal with him. Honestly I have no idea who will fight Peros and avenge Pedro. There's no answer that's both fitting and satisfying.
I think it's carrot... but if it's TOO MUCH for her
Then she will TEAM UP either with Wanda in solung as well
Or with Shihilian who was on the same rank as Pedro BUT for Inuarashi forces.. also Shishilian seems to be someone who has deep bond with Pedro... you can see their interaction.. as well as him being among the ones mourning for Pedro... Oda only showed Shishilian/Wanda/Carrot panel on Pedro's grave...

So it can be team up if Carrot cannot do it alone... but Carrot HAS TO be among the fighters against Perospero

Hardly any bias. Carrot and Pedro's flashback together consisted of a grand total of three panels. Pedro's flashback itself, two and a half pages.
Thats with the assumption that there isn't any more to it. We don't know, and thats the point I'm making. And the whole idea of the "tragedy" was that it happened in real time, not a flashback.

Doesn't exactly compare to Momonosuke's father, and Kin'emon's master, getting a fifteen chapter flashback devoted to his life. Avenging Oden is the main point of this arc, which has had years and years of build up.
Which has nothing to do with the two characters ever joining a pirate crew

Pedro's death, in comparison, is a mere subplot in an arc only building up to Wano.
Which has quite literally everything to joining a pirate crew, specifically the Pirate King's. Reread the chapter where he blew himself up. He is literally telling Carrot that she needs to follow and help these people. Am a wrong in misinterpreting that dialogue?

And again, not saying Momo and Kin are joining. What i am saying is that they are clearly more important than Carrot has ever been, and the focus they've got is the kind you'd expect from the next Strawhat.
Er, Jinbe wasn't truly important to WCI anymore than Carrot was, other than breaking away from BM at the right moment. In fact, both receive centric-chapters in close proximity about their qualities (while escaping Big Mom; Jinbe's "green room" and Carrots Sulong). Both are featured on Volume 88's spine and are the main show in those span of chapters. Hell Fishman Island wasn't really Jinbe-centric either. Really, while Jinbe experienced a tragedy in the past, his dream has not really been solidified (we ASSUME its giving his people a better life; but it was never explicitly said). Funny enough, his drive to join Luffy actually comes from Ace telling him to watch over him. Inherited Will. Guess who also did that? Pedro to Carrot.

Listen, I KNOW Carrot has taken a backseat. In the grand scheme of things, all of the strawhats have for hundreds of chapters. The manga was been so focused on Law and the Wano subplots that its unfair to really make the comparison against her otherwise.

Its why I keep saying to WAIT until Wano finishes. If she does nothing the rest of the arc or Oda does not elaborate her relationship with Pedro about Luffy/Roger, then yes, Carrot is done. Until then, we have a massive war arc that "may" touch on it.

Eh? Kin'emon's dream is Oden's dream. Open the borders of Wano.
Which is every other retainer's dream and can be accomplished by being in the country, not by traveling around the world. Oden exploring the world was a purely selfish endeavor, not a means to open his country.

Law's dream was to defeat Doflamingo and avenge Corazon, but again, not saying he's joining, I'm saying the focus he's had is what to expect from a character being set up to be a Strawhat.
Again, the whole argument I am trying to make is Carrot's dream would be entirely unorthodox. She would have inherited the dreams of her mentor because guess what? The parallel is there for her to specifically ask Luffy if she could join. Roger did not acknowledge Pedro, he had to ask Roger if he could join, who declined the man of his dream. In parallel, Carrot may ask Luffy the same question post-Wano.

It's why I'm saying to wait. We don't know. Just like people were sure as shit there would be consequences with Jinbe staying behind, yet he seems fine, we don't know right?

Isn't it not fair to say that though? Carrot displayed her abilities while Luffy was fighting Katakuri, so he literally has not seen her properly fight, save for one interaction with Zoro at Zou.

And come on guys....Luffy did NOT go crazy for Franky even when he was a cyborg. He was PISSED at Franky for a lot of other reasons. The Franky Family had to beg the Strawhats to take him (though by that point they loved the idea).

I really don't think there is this magical, definable pattern to how Luffy or Oda chooses crewmates. He shows their worth when he shows them. Carrot is probably the only character who's had a variety of those qualities shown.
Luffy had DEEP interaction with Franky BEFORE Franky was basically the ONE Luffy entrusted to go save Robin while he was dealing with Rob Lucci

And yeah... you can say it isn't fair that Luffy was not present during her solung moment... but that's simply a main factor... whether you like it or not... at the end of the day... it's Luffy who invites someone to the crew... and not his crew members who invite them... so it has to be Luffy with glowing eyes about the idea of said person joining... Carrot had the BEST CHANCE in interaction with Luffy during WCI... however, you can say it was not fair from Oda to split Luffy away when Carrot started to shine... but the reality is... Luffy is NOT IMPRESSED with Carrot to a point where he feels she will ADD SOMETHING to his crew....

Maybe during the war she will do something.. but let's be real here... if during WCI.. where their group was SMALL... Luffy didn't have interest in her... what would make you believe that Luffy will have BIG INTEREST in her during a war that will have SO MUCH BIGGER CHARACTERS on their side to flesh out!

I think she missed her opportunity for Luffy to invite her on the ship

HOWEVER, there is one chance of her joining I will ADMIT.... and that is NOT LUFFY INVITING HER... rather after the war ends... and when Luffy says his goodbyes to Wano people... etc... and says goodbyes to Zou people... and set sail... Carrot is ONCE AGAIN... hiding in their ship... in a way to continue journey with them.... Meaning forcing herself into the crew (down my god damn throat basically LMAO)
And the crew have the face of "Nannnnnniiiiiii... Why are you here?" type of reaction once again... only to accept her as a crew member...
I'll hate the fuck out of it... but hey... that's the ONLY WAY I can see it happening... but I cannot see Luffy inviting her.. I'm sorry... but he's not the least interested in her to be honest...

Luffy had DEEP interaction with Franky BEFORE Franky was basically the ONE Luffy entrusted to go save Robin while he was dealing with Rob Lucci

And yeah... you can say it isn't fair that Luffy was not present during her solung moment... but that's simply a main factor... whether you like it or not... at the end of the day... it's Luffy who invites someone to the crew... and not his crew members who invite them... so it has to be Luffy with glowing eyes about the idea of said person joining... Carrot had the BEST CHANCE in interaction with Luffy during WCI... however, you can say it was not fair from Oda to split Luffy away when Carrot started to shine... but the reality is... Luffy is NOT IMPRESSED with Carrot to a point where he feels she will ADD SOMETHING to his crew....

Maybe during the war she will do something.. but let's be real here... if during WCI.. where their group was SMALL... Luffy didn't have interest in her... what would make you believe that Luffy will have BIG INTEREST in her during a war that will have SO MUCH BIGGER CHARACTERS on their side to flesh out!

I think she missed her opportunity for Luffy to invite her on the ship

HOWEVER, there is one chance of her joining I will ADMIT.... and that is NOT LUFFY INVITING HER... rather after the war ends... and when Luffy says his goodbyes to Wano people... etc... and says goodbyes to Zou people... and set sail... Carrot is ONCE AGAIN... hiding in their ship... in a way to continue journey with them.... Meaning forcing herself into the crew (down my god damn throat basically LMAO)
And the crew have the face of "Nannnnnniiiiiii... Why are you here?" type of reaction once again... only to accept her as a crew member...
I'll hate the fuck out of it... but hey... that's the ONLY WAY I can see it happening... but I cannot see Luffy inviting her.. I'm sorry... but he's not the least interested in her to be honest...

Funny enough, I could see it lmao. And thats what I mean: I don't expect Luffy to invite her. Roger did not invite Pedro, Pedro tried joining only to get denied by Roger. This is how I COULD see Carrot joining; by forcing herself on the ship to follow in her mentor's footsteps.

All I'm saying is we just need to wait until Wano is done for good and there are no more loose threads like that looming over lol.

Edit: This would also be super reminiscent of Inu/Neko doing the exact same thing to WB/Roger lol.

Last edited:
I believe there would be at least 3 more Straw Hats joining...
  1. Momonosuke
  2. Hancock
  3. Someone from Elbaf
If some people will aide Momonosuke, I think it would be Kin'emon and Tama...
Maybe Oda won't make join Hancock assuming he doesn't want couples to be in the same crew. But hey I'm the first who hopes hard for Momo.. that boy earned it
:sabogood:

I believe there would be at least 3 more Straw Hats joining...
  1. Momonosuke
  2. Hancock
  3. Someone from Elbaf
If some people will aide Momonosuke, I think it would be Kin'emon and Tama...
Problem with Elbaf is, we already have Hajrudin leading the New Giant Pirates as an ally to SHP, so getting a giant would be pointless. Hancock plot will come after Wano I think she has a chance depending on how Oda handles that. Momo I don't like joining but admit he's got pretty good chances, maybe the best from currently present bunch

Problem with Elbaf is, we already have Hajrudin leading the New Giant Pirates as an ally to SHP, so getting a giant would be pointless. Hancock plot will come after Wano I think she has a chance depending on how Oda handles that. Momo I don't like joining but admit he's got pretty good chances, maybe the best from currently present bunch
Can be someone unique among the giants... Like a small giant or something...

I still like the idea that Hancock will come to Wano with Koby a few people have mentioned.

- Hancock and Koby probably won't fight. Both will somehow find out that they idolize Luffy. They'll become friends because of it.
- Koby will mention to Hancock that Luffy is "in trouble" at Wano. Drake only mentioned to Koby that he was still imprisoned due to misinformation from Udon given to Kaido's crew.
- Its been about week since they encountered each other or around that timeframe.
- Hawkins told Luffy he has a low chance of surviving the month, its only been 2 Weeks in Wano. Perhaps the battle takes longer than what we are seeing?
- Eventually Drake calls in Sword, and people like Koby come in with people like Hancock due to their unorthodox methods of getting shit done.

-.....Hancock vs. Smoothie anyone?

Do yall think we're gonna get a lookout join the crew?
Whether or not its carrot
I think, like a Helmsman, its a position that we truly didn't really see becoming a reality until we had 2 candidates for it. Jinbe had several hints to being a helmsman beforehand (when he himself helmed the marine battleship from Impel Down to Marineford). This is why I think Carrot may have had some hints to a "lookout" position as well. Check the voyage before and after WCI, aside from Pedro, she's the only one on the mast looking out for things far away. On Zou, she's actually deemed a scout, and used her high jumping ability to search for Luffy. Both her and Wanda are part of a special group that serve both Inu/Neko so they barely sleep (according to Wanda).

This, IMO, is the perfect reason for a lookout.

But yes, I do think aside from those, a Cabin Boy is the only other position on the ship I could think of, and I can see a lookout and cabin boy/girl positions filled.

Last edited:
I still like the idea that Hancock will come to Wano with Koby a few people have mentioned.

- Hancock and Koby probably won't fight. Both will somehow find out that they idolize Luffy. They'll become friends because of it.
- Koby will mention to Hancock that Luffy is "in trouble" at Wano. Drake only mentioned to Koby that he was still imprisoned due to misinformation from Udon given to Kaido's crew.
- Its been about week since they encountered each other or around that timeframe.
- Hawkins told Luffy he has a low chance of surviving the month, its only been 2 Weeks in Wano. Perhaps the battle takes longer than what we are seeing?
- Eventually Drake calls in Sword, and people like Koby come in with people like Hancock due to their unorthodox methods of getting shit done.

That's an interesting way of looking at it. Depends on who else was there with Koby, he might not be the top authority on the squad that raided Amazon Lilly. The kingdom is in a truly troublesome situation, they are led by a pirate and the WG might dub them all as criminals since they are a warrior nation. Maybe if they play it out like they overthrow Hancock and her underlings and ally the WG they could continue existing, but things aren't looking well for them.

I'd love for Hancock to appear on Wano, would be a huge boost to the alliance

That's an interesting way of looking at it. Depends on who else was there with Koby, he might not be the top authority on the squad that raided Amazon Lilly. The kingdom is in a truly troublesome situation, they are led by a pirate and the WG might dub them all as criminals since they are a warrior nation. Maybe if they play it out like they overthrow Hancock and her underlings and ally the WG they could continue existing, but things aren't looking well for them.

I'd love for Hancock to appear on Wano, would be a huge boost to the alliance
I definitely see Sword being run by someone who knows the difference between "good" and "evil" pirates and will eventually segue off into the new generation of marines, once Akainu is booted (he's the exact opposite so I doubt Sword is being run by him). Drake talked about Luffy to Koby as if he knows he is a "good" asset to have against these 2 Yonko.

And I totally agree!

I think, like a Helmsman, its a position that we truly didn't really see becoming a reality until we had 2 candidates for it. Jinbe had several hints to being a helmsman beforehand (when he himself helmed the marine battleship from Impel Down to Marineford). This is why I think Carrot may have had some hints to a "lookout" position as well. Check the voyage before and after WCI, aside from Pedro, she's the only one on the mast looking out for things far away. On Zou, she's actually deemed a scout, and used her high jumping ability to search for Luffy. Both her and Wanda are part of a special group that serve both Inu/Neko so they barely sleep (according to Wanda).

This, IMO, is the perfect reason for a lookout.

But yes, I do think aside from those, a Cabin Boy is the only other position on the ship I could think of.
While i aint really on the carrot train mainly because imo chopper makes her redundant.
But at the same time she and pedro do make a look out position possible for the crew.

I remember back in the day people used to theorize monet would be the lookout and astrologist for the crew

I would love for an apprentice to join the crew
It would also kinda parallel jinbei in a way. By having a vet join and then a total newbie

While i aint really on the carrot train mainly because imo chopper makes her redundant.
But at the same time she and pedro do make a look out position possible for the crew.

I remember back in the day people used to theorize monet would be the lookout and astrologist for the crew

I would love for an apprentice to join the crew
It would also kinda parallel jinbei in a way. By having a vet join and then a total newbie
I totally remember those theories and loved the idea at the time.

Personally, I'd love Tama over Momo as an apprentice. Ace clearly meant to take her out to sea eventually. Tama apparently has no one and also has a pretty unique power that can help protect her against enemies. I'd love if she became a Kunoichi in training or if Shinobu (if she can) ages her a few years for this reason alone.

Her and Tengu certainly have additional roles to play in the arc somewhere.

And tbh, if Chopper could get some sort of mink related powerup this arc instead of a mink joining, I'd love that even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.