Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally remember those theories and loved the idea at the time.

Personally, I'd love Tama over Momo as an apprentice. Ace clearly meant to take her out to sea eventually. Tama apparently has no one and also has a pretty unique power that can help protect her against enemies. I'd love if she became a Kunoichi in training or if Shinobu (if she can) ages her a few years for this reason alone.

Her and Tengu certainly have additional roles to play in the arc somewhere.

And tbh, if Chopper could get some sort of mink related powerup this arc instead of a mink joining, I'd love that even more.
I 100% feel the same way about tama and momo and chopper and mink powerups

Tho with the momo and tama stuff momo admittedly has more valuable things he can learn from the crew along with the more interesting devil fruit.
Still tama has the ace connection and promise that luffy can potential keep instead. Shes also the only other female character to have the strawhat on other than nami and robin

Chopper learning his own version of electo and the floating thing would be hype

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
โ€Ž
@Paperchampion23

Fair enough with your arguments that Carrot joining is meant to be unorthodox, it's just that same thing is why I don't think she has a chance.

Few things though, we do know Jinbei's dream, it was explicitly said in chapter 830. True freedom for the Fishman race.

FI revolved around him, Shirahoshi and Hody. His decision to take a back seat in the fighting and let Luffy take on Hody is a direct result of his experiences with Tiger ("the demon in me" talk and his death) meant he had to take a bit of a backseat there, but he then redeems it with the blood exchange scene which is one of the most powerful moments in the series.

Pedro doesn't tell Carrot she needs to join the crew. He tells her the Minks and the Kozuki's need to keep the Strawhats alive because they'll accomplish... something... for them. Big problem for Carrot there being that it's explicitly a Mink and Kozuki problem, and the Minks have always taken a backseat to the Kozuki's. Her saving the crew with Su Long may well have been the payoff to that- Pedro told them she had to keep them alive, and she did that.

Also I was as sure as Jinbei showing up fine and alive on Wano as I was the sun rising in the east.

I 100% feel the same way about tama and momo and chopper and mink powerups

Tho with the momo and tama stuff momo admittedly has more valuable things he can learn from the crew along with the more interesting devil fruit.
Still tama has the ace connection and promise that luffy can potential keep instead. Shes also the only other female character to have the strawhat on other than nami and robin

Chopper learning his own version of electo and the floating thing would be hype
I love O-tama
If there was a plot for Oda to include her to the crew (without her being a hardship on the crew)... I prefer her over Carrot waaaaaaay fucking more...
Lol, she'll tame kaido and both of them will be on the crew
Can you imagine the Yonko slander after that LMAO

But for real, she has a useful ability with Zoans... I have seen before enemies who have the position of "beast tamers" people like the guy in Buggy's crew... also I remember Enel had Ohm who was taming that dog...

So, you might say it's fun ability.. specially with how many animals exist in One Piece world... so it can really come in handy... Oda is known for drawing bizzare animals in this show...

But generally, O-tama might actually be having the ability of "Adam" who had all the animals following him (Shout out to Shuumatsu no Valkyrie series)
Also, she aspires to be a Ninja

But again... I really only accept Momo and O-tama to be boarding the ship IFFF Oda creates a plot for them to be "VERY USEFUL" and be "VERY CAPABLE" because I do not want Sanji here to worry about TWO EXTRA people to protect on top of Robin and Nami already!

The dude needs to rest and worry about himself at some point instead of being a shield for weak crew members!

@Paperchampion23

Fair enough with your arguments that Carrot joining is meant to be unorthodox, it's just that same thing is why I don't think she has a chance.

Few things though, we do know Jinbei's dream, it was explicitly said in chapter 830. True freedom for the Fishman race.

FI revolved around him, Shirahoshi and Hody. His decision to take a back seat in the fighting and let Luffy take on Hody is a direct result of his experiences with Tiger ("the demon in me" talk and his death) meant he had to take a bit of a backseat there, but he then redeems it with the blood exchange scene which is one of the most powerful moments in the series.

Pedro doesn't tell Carrot she needs to join the crew. He tells her the Minks and the Kozuki's need to keep the Strawhats alive because they'll accomplish... something... for them. Big problem for Carrot there being that it's explicitly a Mink and Kozuki problem, and the Minks have always taken a backseat to the Kozuki's. Her saving the crew with Su Long may well have been the payoff to that- Pedro told them she had to keep them alive, and she did that.

Also I was as sure as Jinbei showing up fine and alive on Wano as I was the sun rising in the east.
Carrot is 100% gonna form a Neo Nox Pirates crew

Day Pirates, sailing the world collecting Poneglyph Rubbings for Robin. Gives Carrot a chance to explore

Yeah, that was the idea I had back on OJ.
Or even better.....the Sun Pirates and the Nox Pirates, Fishmen and Mink, working together to find Poneglyphs. Day and Night= Dawn :p

And I understand your thoughts about Carrot. We'll see, I just think she's going to force herself on the crew, like Inu/Neko did and like she's already done.

Kin'emon's formed a swordsman trio with Zoro and Brook, and a pervert trio with Sanji
Its Not Just About Being in the Pervert Trio With Sanji , As Far As I Remember kinemon Acknowledges Sanji A Lot Considering How Sanji was The First Among the Straw Hat Pirates To Change His Opinion Regarding Pirates When Sanji Risked His Life To save Kinemons Torso

Glad she canโ€™t be a SH tho mate, she ainโ€™t SH material tbh...
I agree but just saying. I mean each Strawhat is exceptional in their field, maybe not absolutely the best, but among the best.
And now you supposedly have Carrot sucking being a lookout, other Strawhats being as good, and worlds apart between her and Viola.
The fact that we have to talk about jumping high just illustrates how thin the Carrot4Nakama base is.

P

PeperLevi

We just dont know. If she fights Perospero, I can truly see this being the moment where it gets defined.
Not a really a fan of carrot of being part of SH, although if she indeed fight perospero then that might be the cue
Er, Carrot tried fighting Katakuri, not Perospero. In fact, she only had an angry face towards Pero after he survived.

Seriously guys? Her fighting Perospero IS the only logical answer. What the hell is this ridiculous bias against her lmao?

You say she doesn't have enough to do or doesn't have enough interaction, but then half of you deny the possibility of a fight against the person who killed her mentor? Goddamn, she's the ONLY person who should be fighting Perospero, no other character or mink can be justified.
She can fight Perospero, it's very logical to do so
Like them, she has sneaked out of Zo, beliving the world small and found herself on a pirate ship. She has also displayed a great deal of fighting skills, even without the Sulong, being able to deal with the lower level of Big Mm's crew (Sulong's crazy powerful, but it's also an ace she can't use often or long however), kind of like the Middle Trio I suspect.
Er, Carrot tried fighting Katakuri, not Perospero. In fact, she only had an angry face towards Pero after he survived.

Seriously guys? Her fighting Perospero IS the only logical answer. What the hell is this ridiculous bias against her lmao?

You say she doesn't have enough to do or doesn't have enough interaction, but then half of you deny the possibility of a fight against the person who killed her mentor? Goddamn, she's the ONLY person who should be fighting Perospero, no other character or mink can be justified.
She can fight Perospero, it's very logical to do so
This idiot rabbit girl isn't the amazing fighter you guys think and she be the one to defeat Perospero is nonsense.
All that she did so far was sink ships whole of fodders through cheap tricks. You guys think it make her comparable with characters as Kyros and Calgara,that can destroy ships in open sea with their pure raw power?
Oven showed for all universe how would be if Carrot had faced Daifuku in close combat,as he made Pekoms in Su Long Form of trash.
With all that,how the hell you guys expect her to be useful or stand out when Onigashima War will be full of characters like those?
I think, like a Helmsman, its a position that we truly didn't really see becoming a reality until we had 2 candidates for it. Jinbe had several hints to being a helmsman beforehand (when he himself helmed the marine battleship from Impel Down to Marineford). This is why I think Carrot may have had some hints to a "lookout" position as well. Check the voyage before and after WCI, aside from Pedro, she's the only one on the mast looking out for things far away. On Zou, she's actually deemed a scout, and used her high jumping ability to search for Luffy. Both her and Wanda are part of a special group that serve both Inu/Neko so they barely sleep (according to Wanda).

This, IMO, is the perfect reason for a lookout.
- Position: Lookout. Shes been shown more times on the mast than any other character in the span of 80 chapters, even more than any strawhat in the entire series! There are more than 10 instances where Oda drew her on the mast doing what she did at Zou, which was to lookout for enemies and protect the kingdom with her high jumping ability. She ALSO doesnt sleep really. If you recall, her and Wanda are part of a special group that served both Inu and Neko. A perfect quality for the lookout position.
Never was made clear if it's a big skill of her and something that only her can bring for crew. Databook Vivre Card say how Van Augur is both sniper and lookout in Blackbeard Pirates,due his power of access situations before spot something troublesome. Carrot not have any similar content, so that's pure headcanon about her.
The only things you guys have to refute if the idiot rabbit girl will be highlighted and join Straw Hats are bullshit totally unlike what is showed in manga. I can't wait to Oda give you guys a ultimate reality punch.

This idiot rabbit girl isn't the amazing fighter you guys think and she be the one to defeat Perospero is nonsense.
All that she did so far was sink ships whole of fodders through cheap tricks. You guys think it make her comparable with characters as Kyros and Calgara,that can destroy ships in open sea with their pure raw power?
Oven showed for all universe how would be if Carrot had faced Daifuku in close combat,as he made Pekoms in Su Long Form of trash.
With all that,how the hell you guys expect her to be useful or stand out when Onigashima War will be full of characters like those?

Never was made clear if it's a big skill of her and something that only her can bring for crew. Databook Vivre Card say how Van Augur is both sniper and lookout in Blackbeard Pirates,due his power of access situations before spot something troublesome. Carrot not have any similar content, so that's pure headcanon about her.
The only things you guys have to refute if the idiot rabbit girl will be highlighted and join Straw Hats are bullshit totally unlike what is showed in manga. I can't wait to Oda give you guys a ultimate reality punch.
Lmao, Carrot showed more impressive feats with Sulong than Calgara ever did in that entire flashback XDDD

Taking this Carrot talk way too personal

Also, literally everything I mention is from the manga so good job not actually reading Oda's manga.

Status
Not open for further replies.