Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My problem about carrot is that she is a bit empty for a character that become one of SHs

She did not have important appoinment to go to WCI. I was optimist about carrot when she went sulong, but her flashback was only about pedro and get motivated to help SHs just like what pedro said. She and SHs heard about pedro's fail mission at wci.

Comparing her to pekoms, Pekoms did have an appointment to guide SHs to WCI. Im sure he has more history with pedro. He watched zeppo die and watched pedro lose an eye + he watched pedro strongly stated about "the dawn". Pedro tamed pekoms when he went uncontrolled in sulong mode. Pekoms, knowing pedro was dead, he was willingly sacrificing his life to save luffy without a command from pedro

EDIT: she is less informative and less important dialogue

For me pekoms outshined carrot and imo she has to get better char development. Her only winning point is that she staying with the crew at the moment.

Plus, If she really inherited pedro's dream at least she should have shown some strong determination to it

Last edited:
My problem about carrot is that she is a bit empty for a character that become one of SHs

She did not have important appoinment to go to WCI. I was optimist about carrot when she went sulong, but her flashback was only about pedro and get motivated to help SHs just like what pedro said. She and SHs heard about pedro's fail mission at wci.

Comparing her to pekoms, Pekoms did have an appointment to guide SHs to WCI. Im sure he has more history with pedro. He watched zeppo die and watched pedro lose an eye + he watched pedro strongly stated about "the dawn". Pedro tamed pekoms when he went uncontrolled in sulong mode. Pekoms, knowing pedro was dead, he was willingly sacrificing his life to save luffy without a command from pedro

For me pekoms outshined carrot and imo she has to get better char development. Her only winning point is that she staying with the crew at the moment.

Plus, If she really inherited pedro's dream at least she should have shown some strong determination to it
How does Pekoms outshine carrot he didn’t do much through out whole cake island? The only thing he did was complain And retrieve luffy out the the mirror world. After that sanji and his family had do the the rest. Since pekcoms pin down when trying go suslong.

I mean as a character. He has strong base
Yeah he’s strong but he didn’t do much. He was captured, taken hostage against his will, yes he retrieve Luffy out the mirror world. However, he was pinned down after trying to transform. Luffy tried run away on his own until sanji defend him and retrieve himself. Then the Vinsmokes arrive to back them up try to protect them and help them escape.

Yeah he’s strong but he didn’t do much. He was captured, taken hostage against his will, yes he retrieve Luffy out the mirror world. However, he was pinned down after trying to transform. Luffy tried run away on his own until sanji defend him and retrieve himself. Then the Vinsmokes arrive to back them up try to protect them and help them escape.
I'm not talking about powerlevel

EDIT: she is less informative and less important dialogue

I think many of us addressed it since there's probably a deeper reason why she had to go to WCI when Pedro and Pekoms could have done the things she did.

Oda has yet to justify why she had to exist in the story this long with the crew.

Sanji was caught of guard getting pinned, huh? The case can be made so was Carrot when she noticed Nami get captured by Smoothie.

Hell, lets say they were all caught of guard. Would they have been able to escape is the real question. You can say no to that, which I understand.

Lets also not act like Sanji didn't struggle with Daifuku.
Not saying Daifuku is stronger than Sanji, just that he would require more effort to beat than the average Charlotte family member. And he was in a rush to save his family.
Yes, Sanji did struggle but can still match Daifuku... Carrot? Why can't she defend Sunny at the time she was almost killed? With her speed she should be able to at least punch away the sword...

No, they wouldn't. Because they'd have to bypass Katakuri's advanced Observation Haki. If Jinbe couldn't do a thing to him (and we know how powerful Jinbe is), what makes you think they'd have a chance?
And I don't feel its necessary for me to post the pages of Luffy getting utterly demolished by Katakuri.
Not saying they can beat Katakuri, but they won't need to be saved by others in order to break away...

I'd rather see what she can do in her base prior to going Sulong because of how temporary it is and the negative effects of using it with your lost stamina. So I see it as a last resort unless Carrot is foolish enough to do it straight off the gate like that despite knowing how taxing it can be.
Carrot seems to be impulsive so it might happen...

And my point was to show how meaningless it was to determine those as factors for her usefulness. Didn't she sense danger before Nami and Chopper and shielded them? Seems like she's more combat capable than they are.

Wasn't she also swift enough to catch Diesel, a living train, easily?

And Luffy couldn't rely on her to do stuff and was a burden to others?

Concerning how strong she is, well, I'll only refer to Pedro's words about her:

How good though? I guess we'll see in the next coming chapters with her potential match-up against Perospero.
Coming from Pedro, someone who seems to be near Yamato's tier... The usage of "good" here sounds like "she's above average" but not as good as Pedro...

And yes, even if she's good, she's still someone who needs some coverings from the rest of the crew... Meaning, she can't be reliable in high level fights unless full moon... She seems to be just above Chopper at base... Even Wanda seems to be a better fighter...

But my faith in her might return if she can prove that she can handle Peros alone or with minimal amount of help or only using Sulong for the finishing blow... Which I doubt gonna happen...

Yes, Sanji did struggle but can still match Daifuku... Carrot? Why can't she defend Sunny at the time she was almost killed? With her speed she should be able to at least punch away the sword...
While I question if she had the capabilities to do that, Sanji will always step in when any lady is in danger. So using that against her, while rational to determine her strength, is also not great.

Not saying they can beat Katakuri, but they won't need to be saved by others in order to break away...
Bruh...

Luffy himself needed to be saved by Jinbe when he was first attacked by Katakuri, so that's a bold faced lie.

Carrot seems to be impulsive so it might happen...
It might happen, but Carrot is a craftier fighter than she looks. She used her Electro on a liquid surface to basically electrocute a group of homies and she only used her Sulong transformation to go from ship to ship to derail the fleet rather than waste time fighting Daifuku since the obvious threat was the fleet pincer.

Coming from Pedro, someone who seems to be near Yamato's tier... The usage of "good" here sounds like "she's above average" but not as good as Pedro...
And Pedro trained her. I have said it before, but I'll reiterate it again to you. Carrot, if you haven't noticed, is the youngest "elite force" member of Zou, being part of the Musketeers, at the age of 15. Also, she's the youngest among the Mink Tribe so far that has mastered her Sulong control, whereas Pekoms cannot, a veteran pirate who has both Armament and Observation Haki and is 12 years her senior. The only new information provided from Carrot on her Vivre Card outside her physical attributes and age was that her mastery of the transformation at her age is highly unusual. The narrative can be spun that she is a fighting prodigy, but I digress.

I guess I'm going on a tangent, but I want to see if Carrot has Armament and Observation Haki as well. Pedro was confirmed to have it, he was also her mentor, so maybe he taught her that, too, even if its at the base level.

And yes, even if she's good, she's still someone who needs some coverings from the rest of the crew... Meaning, she can't be reliable in high level fights unless full moon... She seems to be just above Chopper at base... Even Wanda seems to be a better fighter...

But my faith in her might return if she can prove that she can handle Peros alone or with minimal amount of help or only using Sulong for the finishing blow... Which I doubt gonna happen...
She was shown around to be at their level because of the lack of action that has been showcased on her end and only appeared powerful when she went into Sulong. It could very well be that her base stats are at or a bit over some of the mid-trio crew members, but we don't know.

Why do you think the fanbase was up in arms about the "sudden" competency of Kanjuro, Kinemon and Raizo, despite never really seeing them fight seriously so far? Kanjuro was naturally deceiving everyone, Raizo has appeared all goofy and never participated in much of the action in Wano so far, and Kinemon hasn't done much during his time with the Straw Hats outside glimpses of his strength like:
  • Cutting the Slimey explosion
  • Helping Zoro cut the steel door of the SAD production factory
  • Aiding Brook to cut down a little dragon
In Dressrosa, he got easily disposed of by Doflamingo with a single kick. He also didn't help take out Pica and only helped with pushing back the Birdcage. Guess he was weak, huh?

My point is this: Many of the situations Carrot was in, she was with the more "weaker" members of the crew. She showed more battle intuition than Chopper and Nami enough to keep their heads. She was also taken out of the action because of Brulee's mirror hax and Chopper had to stay behind to help Nami escape from a bunch of trees in Monster Point and he subsequently joined her. She was caught off guard twice by Daifuku and never did anything in those situations because she ended up being saved, by Yonji and Sanji respectively. Whether she could have done anything or not is up in the air, but it seems the general consensus among the fandom is no.

We don't know the extent of Carrot's abilities, which is why I'm anticipating this fight against Perospero. We already know how powerful he is. Carrot herself knows how powerful he is, but she also knows his weakness to heat from Sanji freeing his family with Diable Jambe, to Luffy's Red Hawk, to Pedro blowing himself up. If she manages to use Electro to counter that, I'll be immensely impressed since we've never seen Electro used like that. And like I said before, she's the youngest warrior/ "elite fighter" in the Mink Tribe and Pedro vouches for her strength. Want to see that justified beyond just her Sulong control.

While I question if she had the capabilities to do that, Sanji will always step in when any lady is in danger. So using that against her, while rational to determine her strength, is also not great.
If that's someone more powerful, Sanji won't worry since he knows she can handle...

Bruh...

Luffy himself needed to be saved by Jinbe when he was first attacked by Katakuri, so that's a bold faced lie.

That's true... But it rarely happens to Luffy... With Carrot, in just a single arc, it happened multiple times...

And Pedro trained her. I have said it before, but I'll reiterate it again to you. Carrot, if you haven't noticed, is the youngest "elite force" member of Zou, being part of the Musketeers, at the age of 15. Also, she's the youngest among the Mink Tribe so far that has mastered her Sulong control, whereas Pekoms cannot, a veteran pirate who has both Armament and Observation Haki and is 12 years her senior. The only new information provided from Carrot on her Vivre Card outside her physical attributes and age was that her mastery of the transformation at her age is highly unusual. The narrative can be spun that she is a fighting prodigy, but I digress.

I guess I'm going on a tangent, but I want to see if Carrot has Armament and Observation Haki as well. Pedro was confirmed to have it, he was also her mentor, so maybe he taught her that, too, even if its at the base level.
Will those potentials be unlocked during her battle against Peros? I, too, wished and hoped that Carrot at least have CoA since during Zou... Either way, her gap with Pedro is probably not even near half as it seems... I actually find that Carrot and Pekoms "gap" an inconsistency...

She was shown around to be at their level because of the lack of action that has been showcased on her end and only appeared powerful when she went into Sulong. It could very well be that her base stats are at or a bit over some of the mid-trio crew members, but we don't know.

Why do you think the fanbase was up in arms about the "sudden" competency of Kanjuro, Kinemon and Raizo, despite never really seeing them fight seriously so far? Kanjuro was naturally deceiving everyone, Raizo has appeared all goofy and never participated in much of the action in Wano so far, and Kinemon hasn't done much during his time with the Straw Hats outside glimpses of his strength like:
  • Cutting the Slimey explosion
  • Helping Zoro cut the steel door of the SAD production factory
  • Aiding Brook to cut down a little dragon
In Dressrosa, he got easily disposed of by Doflamingo with a single kick. He also didn't help take out Pica and only helped with pushing back the Birdcage. Guess he was weak, huh?

My point is this: Many of the situations Carrot was in, she was with the more "weaker" members of the crew. She showed more battle intuition than Chopper and Nami enough to keep their heads. She was also taken out of the action because of Brulee's mirror hax and Chopper had to stay behind to help Nami escape from a bunch of trees in Monster Point and he subsequently joined her. She was caught off guard twice by Daifuku and never did anything in those situations because she ended up being saved, by Yonji and Sanji respectively. Whether she could have done anything or not is up in the air, but it seems the general consensus among the fandom is no.

We don't know the extent of Carrot's abilities, which is why I'm anticipating this fight against Perospero. We already know how powerful he is. Carrot herself knows how powerful he is, but she also knows his weakness to heat from Sanji freeing his family with Diable Jambe, to Luffy's Red Hawk, to Pedro blowing himself up. If she manages to use Electro to counter that, I'll be immensely impressed since we've never seen Electro used like that. And like I said before, she's the youngest warrior/ "elite fighter" in the Mink Tribe and Pedro vouches for her strength. Want to see that justified beyond just her Sulong control.
I really hope everything you mentioned will happen... If she can be able to demonstrate Haki and advanced Electro in this war then she would definitely be able to redeem her "power credentials" to join...

If that's someone more powerful, Sanji won't worry since he knows she can handle...
No, he's done that for any lady. He saved Reiju from Big Mom, despite her showing and knowing her combat capabilities. Saved Tashigi beforehand all because he "heard the tears of a lady dropping" without knowing how outclassed she was against Vergo. He refused to fight Kalifa at his full strength because of his chivalry to never hurt a lady, which Nami chastised him for.

He'll legit do it for any lady when a threat approaches. He trusted Usopp to protect Nami in the situation with Page One and Ulti because, despite knowing how resilient and tough Page One could be, he believed in his crewmate to protect Nami in his stead.

That's true... But it rarely happens to Luffy... With Carrot, in just a single arc, it happened multiple times...
It only happened like 4 times, and 1 of those times it was intentional and not even her and the other one deserves no explanation.

And it rarely happens to Luffy? It happens to him quite frequently. Just back in Dressrosa, Luffy was trapped by Senor Pink into the ground and was about to be kicked by Dellinger before Zoro kicked him from behind. Luffy and Law, while traveling on Ucy, got tricked into a water passage and a Doflamingo clone was about to take them out till they were saved by Abdulla and Jeet. He was tied up by Doflamingo and had to fight his string clone and Bellamy before returning to the surface to fight against the real Doflamingo when Law was fighting him alone. After using Gear Fourth, which at the time was taxing on his body, Luffy needed the help from Sabo to keep Burgess off of him, the Coliseum fighters to slow down Doflamingo, Gatz as a means of travel throughout the entire scenario, and Law so that he could save Rebecca in time and resume his fight with Doflamingo. So its pretty safe to say that it does happen to Luffy, whether it is for the narrative or otherwise.

Besides, you used motherfucking KATAKURI as an example. The dude basically bodied anyone in his wake, including Luffy. Not the best look.

Will those potentials be unlocked during her battle against Peros? I, too, wished and hoped that Carrot at least have CoA since during Zou... Either way, her gap with Pedro is probably not even near half as it seems... I actually find that Carrot and Pekoms "gap" an inconsistency...
I don't find it an inconsistency. That's why Jinbe was actually worried if she was trained for it. It wasn't a matter of being surprised if she can do it because all Minks can, but if she could control it since she could potentially turn berserk and attack them if that wasn't the case. Presumably because it takes a long time to master said transformation as hinted at by Pekoms (27 years old), but she can, despite being 15 years old. Her being able to do so is probably foreshadowing how capable Carrot truly is.

Also, I'll never forget the fact she dodged Zoro's slash when she intentionally charged at him.
Hope her floating abilities gets addressed. Not sure if that's a Mink thing or her thing because outside Sulong, the only characters who have shown any levitation abilities so far was Pedro with his rotating tail and Neko when he charged at Jack.

I really hope everything you mentioned will happen... If she can be able to demonstrate Haki and advanced Electro in this war then she would definitely be able to redeem her "power credentials" to join...
That's what I'm hoping for because I feel like it would be foolish to think she can take him on by herself if she didn't have a plan to stop him. If she acknowledged like Brook did that she was too weak to fight Perospero, then maybe that would have meant that she knows she wouldn't be capable to fight him.

No, he's done that for any lady. He saved Reiju from Big Mom, despite her showing and knowing her combat capabilities. Saved Tashigi beforehand all because he "heard the tears of a lady dropping" without knowing how outclassed she was against Vergo. He refused to fight Kalifa at his full strength because of his chivalry to never hurt a lady, which Nami chastised him for.

He'll legit do it for any lady when a threat approaches. He trusted Usopp to protect Nami in the situation with Page One and Ulti because, despite knowing how resilient and tough Page One could be, he believed in his crewmate to protect Nami in his stead.

It only happened like 4 times, and 1 of those times it was intentional and not even her and the other one deserves no explanation.

And it rarely happens to Luffy? It happens to him quite frequently. Just back in Dressrosa, Luffy was trapped by Senor Pink into the ground and was about to be kicked by Dellinger before Zoro kicked him from behind. Luffy and Law, while traveling on Ucy, got tricked into a water passage and a Doflamingo clone was about to take them out till they were saved by Abdulla and Jeet. He was tied up by Doflamingo and had to fight his string clone and Bellamy before returning to the surface to fight against the real Doflamingo when Law was fighting him alone. After using Gear Fourth, which at the time was taxing on his body, Luffy needed the help from Sabo to keep Burgess off of him, the Coliseum fighters to slow down Doflamingo, Gatz as a means of travel throughout the entire scenario, and Law so that he could save Rebecca in time and resume his fight with Doflamingo. So its pretty safe to say that it does happen to Luffy, whether it is for the narrative or otherwise.

Besides, you used motherfucking KATAKURI as an example. The dude basically bodied anyone in his wake, including Luffy. Not the best look.

I don't find it an inconsistency. That's why Jinbe was actually worried if she was trained for it. It wasn't a matter of being surprised if she can do it because all Minks can, but if she could control it since she could potentially turn berserk and attack them if that wasn't the case. Presumably because it takes a long time to master said transformation as hinted at by Pekoms (27 years old), but she can, despite being 15 years old. Her being able to do so is probably foreshadowing how capable Carrot truly is.

Also, I'll never forget the fact she dodged Zoro's slash when she intentionally charged at him.
Hope her floating abilities gets addressed. Not sure if that's a Mink thing or her thing because outside Sulong, the only characters who have shown any levitation abilities so far was Pedro with his rotating tail and Neko when he charged at Jack.

That's what I'm hoping for because I feel like it would be foolish to think she can take him on by herself if she didn't have a plan to stop him. If she acknowledged like Brook did that she was too weak to fight Perospero, then maybe that would have meant that she knows she wouldn't be capable to fight him.
Yeah she dodged an unnamed slash attack, how awesome LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.