Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a theory that odens book will be the key to finding the final poneglyph
Likely not possible. They looked at it at Fishman Island and went to Laugh Tale some point after. After that point Oden was dropped off at Wano. That means it disappeared after Oden had his adventure there, meaning he doesn't know where it is
Post automatically merged:

We don't need that in the crew... The crew already have plenty of guys (almost half to be exact) who'll end up like that, they don't need another one...
This literally happened to Luffy repeatedly. It'd happen to pretty much every strawhat. Plus, you aren't really getting anyone stronger than Luffy's top 3. Theres no harm in wanting both Carrot and Yamato for different reasons

We don't need that in the crew... The crew already have plenty of guys (almost half to be exact) who'll end up like that, they don't need another one...
Bruh, stop the cap.

Jinbe couldn't even stop the dude and the fight Katakuri had with Luffy was basically a bunch of ass beatings till he lost his concentration and got impatient, Luffy pulled out Boundman, and then got decimated again once Katakuri regained his composure. Then Luffy ran away to recharge his Haki, escaping with Brulee and so on.

So the message here is just unfair bias.

Bruh, stop the cap.

Jinbe couldn't even stop the dude and the fight Katakuri had with Luffy was basically a bunch of ass beatings till he lost his concentration and got impatient, Luffy pulled out Boundman, and then got decimated again once Katakuri regained his composure. Then Luffy ran away to recharge his Haki, escaping with Brulee and so on.

So the message here is just unfair bias.
Well at least Yamato and Carrot they can at least stand up for themselves in fight in a comparison momo and tama.
Post automatically merged:

Doesn't matter what they need. What Oda's giving them is this:

(And I don't need to hear about Wanda technically being there. She's in the page's gutter. Where she belongs.)
What are the other person is trying to say is that Carrot has been sort of been captured in almost nearly killed a lot.
Like carrot Was capture by bruelee- she able out smart alongside With chopper.
Daifku eaisy able capture her- even though vinesmoke save her. Later at night the suslong transformation would be useful for Her to outmaneuver Daifku attacks. Sanji in the end would protect her
Katkurai did pinned her down- even though luffy would save her in the end.
Big mom was About kill her after suslong transformation- but than again you have rest straw hats protect her.
A homey capture her and Nami. Both Nami and Carrot originally was goal was save momo. But something prevent from doing that. Luffy ends up asking Yamato do it instead. Eventually Nami and carrot dealing homy Themselves with big mamas being distracted

Last edited:
What are the other person is trying to say is that Carrot has been sort of been captured in almost nearly killed a lot.
Daifku eaisy able capture her- even though vinesmoke save her. Later at night the suslong transformation would be useful for Her to outmaneuver Daifku attacks. Sanji in the end would protect her
Big mom was About kill her after suslong transformation- but than again you have rest straw hats protect her.
A homey capture her and Nami. Both Nami and Carrot originally was goal was save momo. But something prevent from doing that. Luffy ends up asking Yamato do it instead. Eventually Nami and carrot dealing homy Themselves with big mamas being distracted
Yes, exactly this...

Except...

The first time she's captured in Brulee's Mirror World it was due to not understanding or knowing the nature of Devil Fruits and how hax it was. Considering Luffy was fighting a mirrored version of himself...

Second time was part of a plan by Chopper, which wasn't even her. Basically doing this they took over the Mirror World, which was essential in all the things the Straw Hats would do prior to the Wedding.

Third time is inexcusable, but in her defense, Sanji had trouble with Daifuku and was actually pinned down by him during the Tea Party.

Fourth time was Katakuri, nuff said.

Fifth time was due to the after effects of the Sulong transformation where she was exhausted due to the nature of it. Its excusable in this circumstance since she basically took out Daifuku's fleet who were about to attack them as Perospero had led the ship into a pincers.

Sixth time was intentional because while the plan started as saving Momonosuke, Big Mom was pursuing them, so both Nami and Carrot acted as bait so Shinobu could attempt to rescue him undisturbed. Also, Yamato didn't save Momo, Sanji did. He just had trusted Yamato to protect them because he knew they'll need someone strong to protect them.

Right now she's about to fight Perospero. Don't know how well that's about to go, but she better have a plan or some heat related counter to his candy powers or it'll be a quick flight. Considering Nami and Usopp are about to fight Ulti and Page One, we can only assume that their skillset will be ultimately shown.

Right now she's about to fight Perospero. Don't know how well that's about to go, but she better have a plan or some heat related counter to his candy powers or it'll be a quick flight. Considering Nami and Usopp are about to fight Ulti and Page One, we can only assume that their skillset will be ultimately shown.
To be fair you do have Wanda who is assisting her in this fight I guess

Third time is inexcusable, but in her defense, Sanji had trouble with Daifuku and was actually pinned down by him during the Tea Party.
That's Sanji caught off-guard... It's so ironic that people are saying that Carrot must join because she's "a good lookout" was the very moment I lost my trust to her... Yeah, right... Lookout but failed to notice Daifuku's genie, what's more, she can't even counter it to pay for "the price" of her "failure" as a lookout...

Fourth time was Katakuri, nuff said.
Do you think the likes of Yamato or even Kin'emon won't be able to do something if they're in that same situation?

Sixth time was intentional because while the plan started as saving Momonosuke, Big Mom was pursuing them, so both Nami and Carrot acted as bait so Shinobu could attempt to rescue him undisturbed. Also, Yamato didn't save Momo, Sanji did. He just had trusted Yamato to protect them because he knew they'll need someone strong to protect them.
I agree with this one but it opens up another question: Why not ask for Carrot (and Wanda) to protect Momo since they should be more trustworthy being persons whom Luffy knew longer than Yamato? Because Carrot and Wanda aren't strong enough? If they aren't strong enough, why should Carrot join?

She's with Wanda so they might give Peros a good fight together in Sulong...

Anyway, my point is that, given those times that Carrot was captured, the SHs and/or others have to save her... That means more people to worry about during wars, a distraction, a burden... Because she's not powerful enough to be an asset to the crew, she's a liability (especially to Sanji)... And no, Sulong is only accessible during full moon... At base she's at most no better than the crew's mid tiers at their base...

That's Sanji caught off-guard... It's so ironic that people are saying that Carrot must join because she's "a good lookout" was the very moment I lost my trust to her... Yeah, right... Lookout but failed to notice Daifuku's genie, what's more, she can't even counter it to pay for "the price" of her "failure" as a lookout...
Sanji was caught of guard getting pinned, huh? The case can be made so was Carrot when she noticed Nami get captured by Smoothie.

Hell, lets say they were all caught of guard. Would they have been able to escape is the real question. You can say no to that, which I understand.

Lets also not act like Sanji didn't struggle with Daifuku.
Not saying Daifuku is stronger than Sanji, just that he would require more effort to beat than the average Charlotte family member. And he was in a rush to save his family.

Do you think the likes of Yamato or even Kin'emon won't be able to do something if they're in that same situation?
No, they wouldn't. Because they'd have to bypass Katakuri's advanced Observation Haki. If Jinbe couldn't do a thing to him (and we know how powerful Jinbe is), what makes you think they'd have a chance?
And I don't feel its necessary for me to post the pages of Luffy getting utterly demolished by Katakuri.

I agree with this one but it opens up another question: Why not ask for Carrot (and Wanda) to protect Momo since they should be more trustworthy being persons whom Luffy knew longer than Yamato? Because Carrot and Wanda aren't strong enough? If they aren't strong enough, why should Carrot join?
Because at the time Yamato was with him. And he personally knew how strong she was, so he sent her to help protect them. Then Luffy tried to go to the top of the dome with Zoro as company before being shut down by Queen. You seriously forgetting this?

She's with Wanda so they might give Peros a good fight together in Sulong...
I'd rather see what she can do in her base prior to going Sulong because of how temporary it is and the negative effects of using it with your lost stamina. So I see it as a last resort unless Carrot is foolish enough to do it straight off the gate like that despite knowing how taxing it can be.

Anyway, my point is that, given those times that Carrot was captured, the SHs and/or others have to save her... That means more people to worry about during wars, a distraction, a burden... Because she's not powerful enough to be an asset to the crew, she's a liability (especially to Sanji)... And no, Sulong is only accessible during full moon... At base she's at most no better than the crew's mid tiers at their base...
And my point was to show how meaningless it was to determine those as factors for her usefulness. Didn't she sense danger before Nami and Chopper and shielded them? Seems like she's more combat capable than they are.

Wasn't she also swift enough to catch Diesel, a living train, easily?

And Luffy couldn't rely on her to do stuff and was a burden to others?

Concerning how strong she is, well, I'll only refer to Pedro's words about her:

How good though? I guess we'll see in the next coming chapters with her potential match-up against Perospero.

Sanji was caught of guard getting pinned, huh? The case can be made so was Carrot when she noticed Nami get captured by Smoothie.

Hell, lets say they were all caught of guard. Would they have been able to escape is the real question. You can say no to that, which I understand.

Lets also not act like Sanji didn't struggle with Daifuku.
Not saying Daifuku is stronger than Sanji, just that he would require more effort to beat than the average Charlotte family member. And he was in a rush to save his family.

No, they wouldn't. Because they'd have to bypass Katakuri's advanced Observation Haki. If Jinbe couldn't do a thing to him (and we know how powerful Jinbe is), what makes you think they'd have a chance?
And I don't feel its necessary for me to post the pages of Luffy getting utterly demolished by Katakuri.

Because at the time Yamato was with him. And he personally knew how strong she was, so he sent her to help protect them. Then Luffy tried to go to the top of the dome with Zoro as company before being shut down by Queen. You seriously forgetting this?

I'd rather see what she can do in her base prior to going Sulong because of how temporary it is and the negative effects of using it with your lost stamina. So I see it as a last resort unless Carrot is foolish enough to do it straight off the gate like that despite knowing how taxing it can be.

And my point was to show how meaningless it was to determine those as factors for her usefulness. Didn't she sense danger before Nami and Chopper and shielded them? Seems like she's more combat capable than they are.

Wasn't she also swift enough to catch Diesel, a living train, easily?

And Luffy couldn't rely on her to do stuff and was a burden to others?

Concerning how strong she is, well, I'll only refer to Pedro's words about her:

How good though? I guess we'll see in the next coming chapters with her potential match-up against Perospero.
Absolutely beautiful work.

Both Yamato and Jinbe both have two different hair colors, and they're the only people in this show that do. Also, Yamato looks nothing like Nami because she's one of the only girls that have dark eyebrows in this show, unlike Nami and Robin.
I dont think really hair color needs to play an extreme factor, but I do agree to an extent at least with hair design overall. Honestly just by character design, Jinbe, Carrot and Yamato all fit entirely different niches.

I honestly would not mind a 12 member crew, barring potential for Vivi. There is potential we get a triple join this arc just from the last few chapters alone

I dont think really hair color needs to play an extreme factor, but I do agree to an extent at least with hair design overall. Honestly just by character design, Jinbe, Carrot and Yamato all fit entirely different niches.

I honestly would not mind a 12 member crew, barring potential for Vivi. There is potential we get a triple join this arc just from the last few chapters alone
I could see Carrot joining if she gets a bounty for doing something at the end of this arc, since she didn't get one at the end of WCI.

Status
Not open for further replies.