Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oda designs all straw hats in ways that different ideals and traits all harmonise and connect with one another. Mainly:

1. Profession
2. Fighting style
3. Dream

For example taking Nami:

1. She's the navigator
2. She fights by manipulating the weather.
3. Her dream is to draw a map of the whole world.

or Brook:

1. He's the musician
2. Fights incorporating music
3. His dream is to see Laboon again and deliver his crew's final musical performance

You can do this for each straw hat finding links between their dreams and abilities back to their profession.

Already we can see potential connections for Carrot too.

1. She'd be the lookout/scout
2. Fights by incorporating floating, jumps and flips. Has animal instincts granting rapid reactions
3. Her dream could be relating to exploring the world and witnessing the dawn

There's also the added bonus of ever since they entered the grand line, all straw hats come from a home or group that had links to their profession. The home of the greatest doctors, archaeologists shipwrights. An all musician crew. Fishmen with great knowledge of currents that live under the sea or minks that have impressive scouting abilities and live up high in the clouds.

Oda designs all straw hats in ways that different ideals and traits all harmonise and connect with one another. Mainly:

1. Profession
2. Fighting style
3. Dream

For example taking Nami:

1. She's the navigator
2. She fights by manipulating the weather.
3. Her dream is to draw a map of the whole world.

or Brook:

1. He's the musician
2. Fights incorporating music
3. His dream is to see Laboon again and deliver his crew's final musical performance

You can do this for each straw hat finding links between their dreams and abilities back to their profession.

Already we can see potential connections for Carrot too.

1. She'd be the lookout/scout
2. Fights by incorporating floating, jumps and flips. Has animal instincts granting rapid reactions
3. Her dream could be relating to exploring the world and witnessing the dawn

There's also the added bonus of ever since they entered the grand line, all straw hats come from a home or group that had links to their profession. The home of the greatest doctors, archaeologists shipwrights. An all musician crew. Fishmen with great knowledge of currents that live under the sea or minks that have impressive scouting abilities and live up high in the clouds.
Ussop is already an exception to this. His dream, to be a brave man of the sea, has nothing to do with being a sharpshooter or his bag of tricks fighting style, and he comes from a regular village with no connection to any of that. Carrot definitely fits the mold, but Yamato can still be a second exception.

Ussop is already an exception to this. His dream, to be a brave man of the sea, has nothing to do with being a sharpshooter or his bag of tricks fighting style, and he comes from a regular village with no connection to any of that. Carrot definitely fits the mold, but Yamato can still be a second exception.
Usopp's dream is to become a brave warrior of the seas and to become the real sniper king. It's an additional dream he took on just before the timeskip.

And when I mentioned their backgrounds I said I was only referring to everyone that joined in the grand line onwards, so Usopp's not included in that.

Usopp's dream is to become a brave warrior of the seas and to become the real sniper king. It's an additional dream he took on just before the timeskip.

And when I mentioned their backgrounds I said I was only referring to everyone that joined in the grand line onwards, so Usopp's not included in that.
Did Ussop actually claim that as a dream? I don't recall one way or the other. You say the pattern only starts on the grand line, but I would argue it was there in east blue. Sanji is the chef, his dream is to find all blue, which is considered a chef's paradise, his fighting style is all kicking because he needs his hands in good condition to cook, plus his moves are all named after cooking terms, and he comes from Baratie, a restaurant of fighting chefs. Even Zoro fits. He's the swordsman, his dream is to be the greatest swordsman, obviously he fights with swords, and he grew up in a sword based dojo. The only exceptions to the pattern so far are Ussop, at least until the sniper king dream came about and since he does not come from an island of snipers, and Nami, at least before she got the clima tact and since she does not come from a place filled with cartographers. It's important to note that not all of the crew members fit this pattern when they joined, so while Carrot gets bonus points for already fitting, it doesn't disqualify Yamato either.

Edit: Now that I think about it Chopper and Robin's abilities have nothing to do with their positions or dreams. There are actually a decent number of exceptions, but the pattern generally holds up.

Did Ussop actually claim that as a dream? I don't recall one way or the other.

It was paired alongside Luffy's own dream, giving the two equal importance. Whilst he didn't explicitly say the words "I dream", that isn't essential since Jinbe hasn't said that either. A brave warrior of the sea and the character Sniper King that Usopp created are essentially the same thing anyway. So it's more of a refining of Usopp's original dream.
You say the pattern only starts on the grand line, but I would argue it was there in east blue.
I was only talking about the hometown thing. The main point of my post (Profession/fighting style/dream), applies to all the straw hats, including the east blue ones. The bit that only applies to the Grand Line members is the part about coming from a home or group that excels in that profession.
Now that I think about it Chopper and Robin's abilities have nothing to do with their positions or dreams.
Chopper wants to be a doctor that can cure any disease. He fights using extra transformations enhanced by a drug he used his medical knowledge to concoct. Both his dream and fighting are connected to his profession.

Robin wants to find the Rio Ponegliff which contains lost info the world's best archeologists longed for. Her devil fruit allows her to sprout eyes, ears and extra limbs anywhere which is perfect for info gathering and researching out in the field. That's the weakest connection, but it's still a link all the same.

If you think about the enemies the strawhat crew will encounter soon, Yamato clearly is the much better choice.

Also why even Yamato knows Ace and knows the strawhat crew and sees Luffy as the next pirate king? Why Oda made her with all that stuff if she will stay in Wano or will be irrelevant soon because not joining?

Soon her tragic past will come too dont worry

Status
Not open for further replies.