Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
yamato con also she doesn't really have distinctive dream that make her relevant till EoS compared to Carrot (seeing the dawn that been waiting by minks for ages) and law (search the meaning of D)

Why do you think like that if Carrot hasn't spell out her dreams herself and yet Yamato has said that she wants to free/open Wano and live a free life/oden life?
Post automatically merged:

1. Just like Smoker (Marine) and Kinemon (Wano, Scabbards), Law has his own "main affiliation" / "main loyalty". Franky & Jinbe are not counted since part of their other affiliate (Franky Family & Sun Pirates) are done/worked out as an obligation.

2. Law is treated & showcased (along with Kidd) as Luffy's rival & equal. This itself denies the chance of him joining.

Last edited:
Oda inserted that scene to clarify that Law would have removed the scabbards from the battlefield regardless of Luffy’s orders. And Oda again showed us that Law has no interest in taking any orders from Luffy and was visibly angry for even the appearance that he was taking orders.

But let’s overlook all this for a second. What would Law’s unique role in the SHs even be? The SHs already have a doctor. Having another doctor would be repetitive. It’s like asking for another musician or another navigator to join the SHs. It would take away the importance of the crew member who carries the same skill set.

Law and Luffy are equal partners who have great respect for each other, but that’s as far as their relationship will go. Everything Law does is ultimately for his own self interest and I wouldn’t be surprised if the alliance ended after Kaido’s defeat.
It’s not about him having any interest in taking orders or joining the crew. The main point, in my opinion, is that the appearance of him taking orders shouldn’t take away from how it was nice and cool of him to have shifted Kinemon and the others away from any more suffering after all the crap they went through, regardless of Law’s own intentions and interests. I ultimately still see it as a very human act worthy of pointing out, again, regardless of Law’s own intentions or how whiny he gets over his Captain image otherwise.

Since I mentioned a while back that at this moment in time there are no reasonable suggestions for where Carrot could actually go if she doesn't join the crew, I'll at least provide my own idea for Yamao post Wano.

I always thought about the opening of Wano's borders as a single event. Something that would be done at the end of Wano and then that would be it. But after understanding more about the dawn and looking at the actual purpose of Wano opening its borders, it's more about working with others and cooperating instead of doing things solo (something that ties back into Oden's character).

So whilst the physical borders will be open by the end of the arc, outsiders won't just automatically start flooding in, as if by magic. Wano still would've been isolated from the rest of the world for 800 years. It would have no connections, regardless of the status of the borders. And so after first opening the borders, Wano needs to further reestablish its bonds with the outside world. Momo as both the shogun of Wano and a Kozuki is really the only one for the job.

I see Momo's first role after Wano to be to travel to other nations, reconnect severed bonds and to ask for their aid in the fight against the WG. I think Yamao will be Momo's guardian in this journey. But what would be the point in any of this happening? Multiple reasons:

1. Prove Momo's worth as a shogun by personally taking up the task of reconnecting Wano
2. Show the people of Wano that they need not be afraid of the outside world
3. Explain why Yamao thinks Momo will guide the world to the dawn
4. Show Momo not blaming Yamao for her father's sins like Wano citizens did before (the main thing that led to Orochi and Kanjuro becoming villains)
5. It would combat Wano's sexism by having a woman as his guardian
6. It would allow Yamao to be her own person whilst still carrying out Oden's will
7. Yamao could protect Momo like she swore she would die to do if necessary
8. Yamao can travel and explore by visiting many different nations
9. Yamao and Momo can make proper use of Oden's journal through encouraging nations on why they should fight
10. It gives them both an active role in the series post Wano

Tama might even leave with them too since just like Yamao, after bonding with Ace she too wanted to travel out to sea. In addition she's also expressed a desire to protect Momo and longs to be a ninja, a combat position. Whilst she'd be a liability in a fight against the BB pirates like the straw hats will be going into, on a mission like the one I proposed her powers would be very versatile and useful. There are also the theories of her being a kurozumi so who knows. Many of the points for Yamao also apply for her. Meanwhile the scabbards who are battered from the decades of hard service can relax by having the easier responsibility of rebuilding and protecting Wano, entrusting Momo to Yamao whilst they're on their expedition.

Feel free to point out the things I may have overlooked.
Or maybe Momo has enough bodyguards already and Yamato will travel with the straw hats. Also its not Yamao, its Yamato lol

He will return back in chapter 1011, mark my words. Btw 1011 is binary for 11
The Will of P baby!

1. Pell
2. Pagaya
3. Pekoms
4. Pound
5. Perospero
6. Pedro?

Pedro trained for years under Pell and Pound so he too becomes impervious to death. Lol

In all seriousness, if Pedro somehow survived the explosion against Perospero, then Carrot’s chances of becoming a SH go down to 0%.

Last edited:
The Will of P baby!

1. Pell
2. Pagaya
3. Pekoms
4. Pound
5. Perospero
6. Pedro?

Pedro trained for years under Pell and Pound so he too becomes impervious to death. Lol

In all seriousness, if Pedro somehow survived the explosion against Perospero, then Carrot’s chances of becoming a SH go down to 0%.
I get the feeling what happened with Pell and Pagaya would be accepted more if Oda hadn’t of had Luffy basically stop the plot to momentarily tell Vivi that she’s fooling herself and that people die, saying her friends should risk their lives alongside hers. Oda didn’t really start to have Luffy experience loss in the present day until the Merry got burnt down, in addition to told by Moria at Thriller Bark about the cruel reality of losing people, before Ace got killed, but I suppose it doesn’t make the aftermath of Luffy saying “people die” any less awkward when compared to the times Oda basically faked out a death.

He will return back in chapter 1011, mark my words. Btw 1011 is binary for 11
The Will of P baby!

1. Pell
2. Pagaya
3. Pekoms
4. Pound
5. Perospero
6. Pedro?

I am desperate to see this happen.

I never saw Law as potential being crew member. Yes I can imagine it would be cool but the reason he just not type person who goes out of his way wanting to help other people unless you push him to do so. There are 3 arc in the story that have occurred while he was adventuring with the Straw hats. In which case he did not want help other people who were danger and needed his help unless it is one of crew members or someone he has respects for. Arc such a punk hazard, dressrosa, and wano come to mind. In those scenarios luffy had basically had push Law tell him focus on here and now. If you want to make this alliance work, we need help these people first. Luffy continues by saying something like will focus on Kaido when we reach that point in our adventure. During dressrosa Law wanted his break alliance with Luffy when dealing with donflamingo. Luffy however, persisted/pushed this alliance with Law. He then earned Law’s respect when dealing donflaimgo. The bottom line is this Luffy does view him as a friend and a rival. I acknowledge that he is very honorary character throughout the story for the straw hats overall success. It is also shown to us during dressorsa and this recent chapter 1001 Law has is own crew go back and he does not want to be Luffy’s lacky.

We already have a cute little mascot doctor already. Jinbei is secondary role kind fits the advisor/ strategist of the team. He is usually the character is voice of reason for luffy multiply occiasons throughout the story. For now, law is just there be Luffy’s competitor and ally all things considered. He might at end this arc split himself off while Luffy’s continuing his own adventure. They might meet each other again someday. Maybe as enemies or friends is hard to say. There two another scenario he might continue wherever the straw hats are going, or he dies.

I never saw Law as potential being crew member. Yes I can imagine it would be cool but the reason he just not type person who goes out of his way wanting to help other people unless you push him to do so. There are 3 arc in the story that have occurred while he was adventuring with the Straw hats. In which case he did not want help other people who were danger and needed his help unless it is one of crew members or someone he has respects for. Arc such a punk hazard, dressrosa, and wano come to mind. In those scenarios luffy had basically had push Law tell him focus on here and now. If you want to make this alliance work, we need help these people first. Luffy continues by saying something like will focus on Kaido when we reach that point in our adventure. During dressrosa Law wanted his break alliance with Luffy when dealing with donflamingo. Luffy however, persisted/pushed this alliance with Law. He then earned Law’s respect when dealing donflaimgo. The bottom line is this Luffy does view him as a friend and a rival. I acknowledge that he is very honorary character throughout the story for the straw hats overall success. It is also shown to us during dressorsa and this recent chapter 1001 Law has is own crew go back and he does not want to be Luffy’s lacky.

We already have a cute little mascot doctor already. Jinbei is secondary role kind fits the advisor/ strategist of the team. He is usually the character is voice of reason for luffy multiply occiasons throughout the story. For now, law is just there be Luffy’s competitor and ally all things considered. He might at end this arc split himself off while Luffy’s continuing his own adventure. They might meet each other again someday. Maybe as enemies or friends is hard to say. There two another scenario he might continue wherever the straw hats are going, or he dies.
Law has already invested way too much in growing close to his crew which started right after Rosinante died. I could maybe seem him listening to Luffy’s suggestions in a way that doesn’t make him a lackey, and helps him grow closer as a friend regardless of his own agenda, but if even that’s asking for too much, then him outright leaving his own crew would be more than 10x too much, too much for probably even Oda to write convincingly, which is why he might just have Luffy and Law part ways at the end of Wano and leave it at that.

Or maybe Momo has enough bodyguards already and Yamato will travel with the straw hats. Also its not Yamao, its Yamato lol
Exactly the fact the minks tribe are “sworn brothers to the Kozuki clan” since chapter 963 Momo would have plenty of bodyguards to protect him. Even the samurai who admired oden as person. They have devoted their lives to him and his children. Their loyalty holds no bounds. Knowing that izo has return wano. I think he has regret that he could not do anything help oden. As matter fact he got the news to late. But at least he is able take responsibly protect his mentor figure children at very least. As for momo’s advisors it is likely going be Hiyori and the remaining samurais that are alive no question about that. Yamato she doesn’t have any obligations to stay wano or orgashima. It is obviously she does not want to take over her father organization. Once Kaido dead or defeat the Animal kingdom pirates will likely be disbanded. They are more likely are going to go back to being previous pirates’ captains of their crew once again. On top that when wano boarder do open her present going known through the world she will be know as Kaido’s daughter. The thing with world government is they do not discriminate base on if your against family lineages. If your child criminal or opposed them any way you might get bounty on your head. I think it would best if she goes with straw hats at the point in the story as we need someone like her if straw hats hope to survive in this new era once Kaido defeat. Since the warlord system has been abolished there going be enter new world no pun intended from what saw before. Knowing one piece story is structure the enemies there going are going up tougher than previous ones and there going be danger lurking soon It would best if you have character who could level plain field helping the characters moving forward. Ae well being able handle the situation on their own without aid of other pirate alliance. I do believe Luffy wants to fight Shanks with own his respected crew with either 10 or 12.

Last edited:
yea her dream to free wano and living free life doesn't really relevant for eos like other strawhat crew dreams while the other two had more relevant ones, that's why im adding it as yamato cons to that list.
She won't attain the "Oden" way of life (the one she saw in the journal) without sailing with "WB and Roger", with both will being carried on by Luffy in the present day...

She won't attain the "Oden" way of life (the one she saw in the journal) without sailing with "WB and Roger", with both will being carried on by Luffy in the present day...
so she also have to become shogun and wano's leader after the journey? because she won't attain the "oden" way if she's not becoming shogun...

she wants to have oden way of life not becoming oden pls.. and she can get that way of life with or without "WB or Roger" that is carried by luffy.

so she also have to become shogun and wano's leader after the journey? because she won't attain the "oden" way if she's not becoming shogun...

she wants to have oden way of life not becoming oden pls.. and she can get that way of life with or without "WB or Roger" that is carried by luffy.
Oden was never interested be shogun of wano. In fact, throughout flashback from what we saw. Oden’s was character about adventure seeing the world outside of his own boarders. He even admits in this chapter 963-964. He was never a person who was interested being leader and taking charge things. Hell, the character knew he has been gone out of his country for long time that he cannot just forces away become Shogun. As he stated way back chapter 958. He also knew that his own followers and children can carry his own will and his goal for him. To continue to legacy if he were to die. Yamato not interested shogun just like oden. What she wants do live her life free do what she wants to. do Go on adventure just like oden on did.

Last edited:
A stretch or not, there are some parallels between the female SH. You're free to not acknowledge it, but there are panel evidence for these.

1. The second recruit of each region
- Nami : East Blue
- Robin : Paradise
- Yamato : New World
2. Introduce themselves on higher elevation while looking below at Luffy
- Nami : roof
- Robin : railing of the Going Merry
- Yamato : ceiling (and she's taller)
3. They needed to convince Luffy to join first
- Nami : ask to partner
- Robin : invite herself in
- Yanato : request to board the ship
4. They're related to other crews who is the main antagonist of an arc
- Nami : Arlong Pirates
- Robin : Baroque Works
- Yamato : Beast Pirates
5. They experienced a great conflict at a young age related to their hometown
- Nami : village domination
- Robin : Ohara incident
- Yamato : Wano coup
6. Luffy helps overcome their burden related to their past
- Nami : wrecks her maps & defeating Arlong
- Robin : survived Buster Call & declares war against World Government
- Yamato : destroy her shackles & defeating Kaido
7. Their dreams are inspired by & related to paper-based work
- Nami : maps
- Robin : books
- Yamato : journal
8. Their dreams require them to explore the world
- Nami : draws world maps
- Robin : searching for Poneg & true history
- Yamato : going out & experience the outside world
7. Linked to the concept of freedom & liberation
- Nami : freeing the village out of invader's occupation
- Robin : dubbed as the Light of Revolution
- Yamato : free herself from her caged life & opening Wano's border

It's fine to think that this is just another "muh pattern" or "cherrypicked points", however the connections are already there in the manga.

Any thoughts, bro?

OP & Ref:
- https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Straw_Hat_Pirates/Recruitment
- https://www.reddit.com/r/yamato/comments/kzvxay

Status
Not open for further replies.