Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A stretch or not, there are some parallels between the female SH. You're free to not acknowledge it, but there are panel evidence for these.

1. The second recruit of each region
- Nami : East Blue
- Robin : Paradise
- Yamato : New World
2. Introduce themselves on higher elevation while looking below at Luffy
- Nami : roof
- Robin : railing of the Going Merry
- Yamato : ceiling (and she's taller)
3. They needed to convince Luffy to join first
- Nami : ask to partner
- Robin : invite herself in
- Yanato : request to board the ship
4. They're related to other crews who is the main antagonist of an arc
- Nami : Arlong Pirates
- Robin : Baroque Works
- Yamato : Beast Pirates
5. They experienced a great conflict at a young age related to their hometown
- Nami : village domination
- Robin : Ohara incident
- Yamato : Wano coup
6. Luffy helps overcome their burden related to their past
- Nami : wrecks her maps & defeating Arlong
- Robin : survived Buster Call & declares war against World Government
- Yamato : destroy her shackles & defeating Kaido
7. Their dreams are inspired by & related to paper-based work
- Nami : maps
- Robin : books
- Yamato : journal
8. Their dreams require them to explore the world
- Nami : draws world maps
- Robin : searching for Poneg & true history
- Yamato : going out & experience the outside world
7. Linked to the concept of freedom & liberation
- Nami : freeing the village out of invader's occupation
- Robin : dubbed as the Light of Revolution
- Yamato : free herself from her caged life & opening Wano's border

It's fine to think that this is just another "muh pattern" or "cherrypicked points", however the connections are already there in the manga.

Any thoughts, bro?

OP & Ref:
- https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Straw_Hat_Pirates/Recruitment
- https://www.reddit.com/r/yamato/comments/kzvxay
I completely agree with most of your points.

The only issue I have with your analysis is the idea that Yamato needs to be the log keeper or the chronicler of the SHs.

With most of the journey already over, it doesn’t seem very useful or essential to fill this position this late into the game.

Besides, isn’t Nami already the unofficial Log Keeper? I remember it being mentioned a couple times in the anime.

A stretch or not, there are some parallels between the female SH. You're free to not acknowledge it, but there are panel evidence for these.

It's fine to think that this is just another "muh pattern" or "cherrypicked points", however the connections are already there in the manga.

Any thoughts, bro?

OP & Ref:
:cheers: Bravo my friend! I give your research an A+ #YamatoforNakama

so she also have to become shogun and wano's leader after the journey? because she won't attain the "oden" way if she's not becoming shogun...

she wants to have oden way of life not becoming oden pls.. and she can get that way of life with or without "WB or Roger" that is carried by luffy.
Don't be mad at me... It is not I who decided that, Oda/Yamato did... She already expressed her intention to ride on Ace (the former inheritor of Roger's will; she could've been riding WB's ship later on should she joined) and then after his death, Luffy's ship... Because she wanted the "free" life by joining Luffy's ship (that's how Oden did the free way of life), because Oden felt the attainment of that when he rode WB and Roger ships (likely how the journal is written and interpreted by Yamato) since Oden was also "locked" into Wano, like Yamato...

Oden never wanted to become a shogun, like Yamato...

The only issue I have with your analysis is the idea that Yamato needs to be the log keeper or the chronicler of the SHs.

With most of the journey already over, it doesn’t seem very useful or essential to fill this position this late into the game.

Besides, isn’t Nami already the unofficial Log Keeper? I remember it being mentioned a couple times in the anime.
Usopp was the unofficial shipwright/carpenter before Franky... Sanji, Chopper and Franky were the unofficial helmsmen before Jinbe... Having a log keeper is very essential for the crew at this point, especially that they are already directly dealing with the journey towards Laugh Tale with the Road Poneglyphs on hand... There may be some Kozuki knowledge (unknown to Ohara knowledge) needed to understand those RPs that Yamato read from Oden that may be used to scholarly and accurately interpret stuffs (citing Rayleigh's statement about interpretations)...

Last edited:
just sayin that I think Yamato will definitely join even though I'm a Carrot stan😂 I can see either way for Carrot but the thing is, I'm quite sure her battle (and Wanda) with perospero will decide her fate. the way Oda made narrative of her and Pedro can't be for nothing, there're still unknown facts (still very blurry imo) about her as well as her true motivation, so it all depends on how Oda will drive the situation later. same thing with Yamato tho, right now I'm certain Yamato is a lock but all this time Yamato felt too good to be true and it's too obvious (ykwim r8?) so I'm afraid Oda will not make it happen somehow because strong prediction and speculation many times gone wrong.

sooo atm I guess it will be Yamato joins or Yamato+Carrot join, I might change my mind based on how several next chapters will gonna be.
Post automatically merged:

Any thoughts, bro?

OP & Ref:
yes this kind of pattern is very interesting bcs you can also see the pattern for zoro-chopper-jinbe, usopp-franky, sanji-brook.

I was making this kind of thing too for Carrot when there's still no Yamato and she also checked some of that like:
-carrot introduced above a tree
-ask so badly to sail together
-she is (might was) affiliated with the musketeer squad
-the whole zou incident

additional to that Carrot also has some similar things with Nami and Robin:
-if Carrot joins she'll also become another member who has sailed with the crew before officially join
-Nami watched bellemere killed tragically in front of her eyes, Robin with her mom and all people of ohara, and Carrot with Pedro obvs and they got their revenge (to arlong, to spandam inherited from spandine, and to perospero)
-if the anime filler will become a truth, these 3 women will have their own garden on sunny go (Nami with her tangerines, Robin with her flowers, and Carrot with her carrot fields which already non-canonically planted there)
-I know this point is so weak but if Carrot really is a lookout, she'll fill another tentative position such as helmsman because we've seen in many occasion the lookout keeps changing, just like the helmsman (yea yea I know the job sounds boring but I kinda like the pattern lmao)

and as to Yamato, I can also see Yamato's similarity to Usopp and Franky:
-they have their own aliases (Usopp-Sogeking, Cutty Flam-Franky, Yamato-Oden)
-they are the only people in the crew who are known as "sons" of pirates (yasopp, Franky's unknown father is already said to be a pirate, and kaido) other than luffy, sanji, and chopper whose fathers obviously not pirates, their fathers are still remain unknown
-they all wear masks (Usopp as sogeking, Franky and Yamato in their first appearances)
-their introducing arc involved killing attempt of wealthy figure there (kaya, iceburg, komurasaki well she's really "killed" but not tho)
-and the reason why I don't use pronouns for Yamato is because Yamato might be what complete Okiku's character, transman and transwoman so if Yamato is a guy then Yamato will fit the 3rd member as male

so the thing is the comparison is still wide if we still don't know who the actual crew is. as I said before Yamato might likely to join maybe as a 2nd member of 3rd member because Yamato fits into both. Carrot can also be the crew as she fits many points as the 2nd member so Yamato can filled the 3rd member slot.

one more stupid thing, the sailing of the new 2nd member interrupted with another almost become member. after Nami joins, luffy invites Gaimon to join but he refuses, Vivi refused to join and there was Robin, so there might be another one. I was thinking of Luffy asks Otama because Ace promised her but she'll feel not competent yet so she refuses, or maybe Carrot/Yamato refuses, but idk this speculation is weird lmao.

ps: sorry if there are some weird sentences or so, not a fluent english speaker, I hope you get what I'm trying to say.

Last edited:
I’m not really for a new crew member like even when Jinbe joined I knew Oda would tease us for the 3rd time and be like “Oh you thought you were getting this whale shark man now? Nah you gone have to wait a little longer bitches”
Like we just got Jinbe anyone joining after or like this same arc would feel a bit cheap. And even IF someone joins this arc it’s gotta be Yamato for sure, but the only deciding factor for her is if she didn’t read Odens journal fully, if she did she ain’t coming.

fuck carrot 🥕 , sorry to people who like her but I never got it and most likely never will

#sideboobforpk

my only issue is she needs to ditch the oden personality bs and I don’t want to hear anymore ace talk or wank

Last edited:
just sayin that I think Yamato will definitely join even though I'm a Carrot stan😂 I can see either way for Carrot but the thing is, I'm quite sure her battle (and Wanda) with perospero will decide her fate. the way Oda made narrative of her and Pedro can't be for nothing, there're still unknown facts (still very blurry imo) about her as well as her true motivation, so it all depends on how Oda will drive the situation later. same thing with Yamato tho, right now I'm certain Yamato is a lock but all this time Yamato felt too good to be true and it's too obvious (ykwim r8?) so I'm afraid Oda will not make it happen somehow because strong prediction and speculation many times gone wrong.

sooo atm I guess it will be Yamato joins or Yamato+Carrot join, I might change my mind based on how several next chapters will gonna be.
Post automatically merged:

yes this kind of pattern is very interesting bcs you can also see the pattern for zoro-chopper-jinbe, usopp-franky, sanji-brook.

I was making this kind of thing too for Carrot when there's still no Yamato and she also checked some of that like:
-carrot introduced above a tree
-ask so badly to sail together
-she is (might was) affiliated with the musketeer squad
-the whole zou incident

additional to that Carrot also has some similar things with Nami and Robin:
-if Carrot joins she'll also become another member who has sailed with the crew before officially join
-Nami watched bellemere killed tragically in front of her eyes, Robin with her mom and all people of ohara, and Carrot with Pedro obvs and they got their revenge (to arlong, to spandam inherited from spandine, and to perospero)
-if the anime filler will become a truth, these 3 women will have their own garden on sunny go (Nami with her tangerines, Robin with her flowers, and Carrot with her carrot fields which already non-canonically planted there)
-I know this point is so weak but if Carrot really is a lookout, she'll fill another tentative position such as helmsman because we've seen in many occasion the lookout keeps changing, just like the helmsman (yea yea I know the job sounds boring but I kinda like the pattern lmao)

and as to Yamato, I can also see Yamato's similarity to Usopp and Franky:
-they have their own aliases (Usopp-Sogeking, Cutty Flam-Franky, Yamato-Oden)
-they are the only people in the crew who are known as "sons" of pirates (yasopp, Franky's unknown father is already said to be a pirate, and kaido) other than luffy, sanji, and chopper whose fathers obviously not pirates, their fathers are still remain unknown
-they all wear masks (Usopp as sogeking, Franky and Yamato in their first appearances)
-their introducing arc involved killing attempt of wealthy figure there (kaya, iceburg, komurasaki well she's really "killed" but not tho)
-and the reason why I don't use pronouns for Yamato is because Yamato might be what complete Okiku's character, transman and transwoman so if Yamato is a guy then Yamato will fit the 3rd member as male

so the thing is the comparison is still wide if we still don't know who the actual crew is. as I said before Yamato might likely to join maybe as a 2nd member of 3rd member because Yamato fits into both. Carrot can also be the crew as she fits many points as the 2nd member so Yamato can filled the 3rd member slot.

one more stupid thing, the sailing of the new 2nd member interrupted with another almost become member. after Nami joins, luffy invites Gaimon to join but he refuses, Vivi refused to join and there was Robin, so there might be another one. I was thinking of Luffy asks Otama because Ace promised her but she'll feel not competent yet so she refuses, or maybe Carrot/Yamato refuses, but idk this speculation is weird lmao.

ps: sorry if there are some weird sentences or so, not a fluent english speaker, I hope you get what I'm trying to say.
For me Carrot had a few little similar things to girls like her being stowaway on Luffy's ship similar robin. Her family and friends believe straw hats will take care of her. Yes, her mentor figure sacrifice himself to push her forward. However, she never really works for various organization for several years and turn her back on other people just survive. She was never in desperate situation where she physically cries out for other people to help her. Wanda did that for her when we land in zou. Joygirl bring up this one issue that has been in the back of mind. That quite agree with. Carrot has never story central arc focus on her as a character. In whole cake island she just highlights what minks can do and what personality is like. It was not really much arc story centric arc that we got know about her past and she did not tell us anything about herself. She just came as support character just going along ride, the shenanigan, how she gauntlets, what minks can do and her personality. Even in the flashback it quite similar Paulie,Bart, Otama, and Chouchou. Ever since we land on shores of wano her character has been push to the background has become more secondary character at very least.
8:22 here Joygirl talking about carrot
With Nami and Robin you at got little bit dialogue coming from them or other characters would say something about them. In terms what they perceive they may have done in their past.

Oh, it's not like that, sir.
What I meant is their "dreams", that is inspired by paper-based material. Not their role.

Yeah, log keeper is kinda late at this time of the story. I think stonemason or just pure combatant fits her better (defensive combatant), since we have melee combatant (swordsman) and ranged combatant (sniper) already.

Status
Not open for further replies.