Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
@Jew D. Boy Could you name everyone you think has a 60% chance and up of joining?
It’s really down to Yamato and Carrot for me, with Tama or one/both of Momo/Kin’emon as dark horse candidates. I don’t buy Law or Smoker; I *do* buy Bentham as a legit option, but I don’t see how he gets liberated from Impel Down at the moment; doubt any other new characters will have a real shot, and I can’t think of any existing folks who make as much sense as the five I listed at the top of this post.

I’d say Yamato is the most likely. I put there chances at around 80 percent at this point

Carrot is probably next likely I put her at around 50 percent. If she gets revenge against Pero with some assistance then that’ll look good in her favor.

Next would probably be Kinemon. He’s kinda like the vivi though and has his own responsibilities outside of the ship.

Momo and Tama are too young I don’t think they’re happening

Smoker and Law are definitely not happening. Smoker and Tashigi are a package deal and I can’t see both joining. Law has his own crew he cares deeply about. Hell probably be a long term ally not really a crewmate especially since we already have a doctor.

It’s really down to Yamato and Carrot for me, with Tama or one/both of Momo/Kin’emon as dark horse candidates. I don’t buy Law or Smoker; I *do* buy Bentham as a legit option, but I don’t see how he gets liberated from Impel Down at the moment; doubt any other new characters will have a real shot, and I can’t think of any existing folks who make as much sense as the five I listed at the top of this post.
I no longer think Tama is joining. Momonosuke I still think he is. I throw in Kinemon as well.

And Law as a strawhat but not in the traditional sense. Given all this.....

Carrot :whitepress:whyyyyy
Et tu??

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
I no longer think Tama is joining. Momonosuke I still think he is. I throw in Kinemon as well.

And Law as a strawhat but not in the traditional sense. Given all this.....

Carrot :whitepress:whyyyyy
Et tu??
Why not Tama?? You were riding that train pretty hard, what changed??

Law and possibly Momo and the Scabbards would be fine additions to the SHGF, I just don’t see any way that a fellow Supernova captain would acquiesce and fall in line under Luffy’s command no matter how long they’ve been allied together.

Also, I’m not like the inflexible anti-Yamato dickheads in this thread...I can acknowledge that Carrot was the most likely (if not default) choice for a few arcs before we got to Onigashima. I wish some of the furry enthusiasts here would respond in kind and recognize that Yamato has a genuinely strong case, but when you deal with shitty, stubborn children, you can’t be surprised when they act like it :luuh:

Why not Tama?? You were riding that train pretty hard, what changed??

Law and possibly Momo and the Scabbards would be fine additions to the SHGF, I just don’t see any way that a fellow Supernova captain would acquiesce and fall in line under Luffy’s command no matter how long they’ve been allied together.

Also, I’m not like the inflexible anti-Yamato dickheads in this thread...I can acknowledge that Carrot was the most likely (if not default) choice for a few arcs before we got to Onigashima. I wish some of the furry enthusiasts here would respond in kind and recognize that Yamato has a genuinely strong case, but when you deal with shitty, stubborn children, you can’t be surprised when they act like it :luuh:
There ain’t nooo way Yamato isn’t joining. Toooo much clout giving to a single character.
With Tama it’s below 50% for me. It changed when I realized she literally had no extensive backstory. And just there for Luffy to connected with the past visages of Ace. Momonosuke on the other hand got soo mcuh stuff. A devil fruit that’s a Zoan meaning durability so he’s probably stronger than a lot of hits maybe even some adults without Haki.
Kinemon is at 35% for a bunch of specific details I caught.

And Law joins to find the D. There is no way he’s getting to Raftel fighting against Luffy whilst leading the Fodder Pirates. And the D bond betw them is just too much. Not to mention that he has more faith in the strawhats than anything else in the world. Someone that was willing to die alongside Luffy if Doffy won, is someone that will never be an opponent/rival/antagonist to him. Not to mention this chapter Law swaps Zoro out and says he’d rather wish for Zoro not to die in the process. Could be my Law bias tho.

Carrot has no backstory. Once Pedro comes back she should hop a ship and depart the fuck on back to zou

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
There ain’t nooo way Yamato isn’t joining. Toooo much clout giving to a single character.
MY MAN :myman::cheers:
Momonosuke on the other hand got soo mcuh stuff. A devil fruit that’s a Zoan meaning durability so he’s probably stronger than a lot of hits maybe even some adults without Haki.
After we learned that his DF is the same one Vegapunk extracted from Kaido’s DNA, yeah, that merits a lot of future exploration...he’d maybe need to meet the scientist himself when we all finally get to see him, he might be able to show Momo how to control the dueling Bloodline Elements in his body and harness the true power of Kaido’s potential :noo:
And Law joins to find the D. There is no way he’s getting to Raftel fighting against Luffy whilst leading the Fodder Pirates. And the D bond betw them is just too much. Not to mention that he has more faith in the strawhats than anything else in the world. Someone that was willing to die alongside Luffy if Doffy won, is someone that will never be an opponent/rival/antagonist to him. Not to mention this chapter Law swaps Zoro out and says he’d rather wish for Zoro not to die in the process. Could be my Law bias tho.
That conversation he had with Robin a few chapters ago concerning the D did kinda pique my interest, so you’re right, there’s a clear path for Law to become a member of the main crew...it would suck to see him fully lay his own ambition down to serve Luffy’s, but he wouldn’t be the first Oda Original™️ to suck the rubber kid’s balls.

MY MAN :myman::cheers:

After we learned that his DF is the same one Vegapunk extracted from Kaido’s DNA, yeah, that merits a lot of future exploration...he’d maybe need to meet the scientist himself when we all finally get to see him, he might be able to show Momo how to control the dueling Bloodline Elements in his body and harness the true power of Kaido’s potential :noo:

That conversation he had with Robin a few chapters ago concerning the D did kinda pique my interest, so you’re right, there’s a clear path for Law to become a member of the main crew...it would suck to see him fully lay his own ambition down to serve Luffy’s, but he wouldn’t be the first Oda Original™️ to suck the rubber kid’s balls.
Law won’t suck Luffy off with words rather actions
I think this is what’s called a Tsundere

I’d say it was a good game, Carrot fans, but I would be LYING!!! #YAMATO4NAKAMA
Wow, this thread got REAL quiet after Carrot got her ass handed to her, huh?? :lulz:
Nope, can't say I'm surprised.

H

humanbeing

to be honest i can see Luffy beg Law to join him in his journey since he considers him a nakama. the two has a really special realtionship.

Alphabet

AB Brook
CD Chopper
EF Franky
GH
IJ Jinbe
KL Luffy
MN Nami
OP
QR Robin
ST Sanji
UV Usopp
WX Water Law
YZ Zoro

:finally:

My man Law has to go to Raf Tel.

Also, unrelated but did anyone notice something on that Alphabet theory? That below Luffy are all humans, while above Luffy are well, creatures/weirdos/things Mama would collect. So going by that, and if we assume that a mink will also join, time to welcome the one and only, Strawhat Minko, (G)carrrrr, no

Giovanni
for thosw that doubt my brilliant theory, hes been foreshadowed sincr impel down

Now we just need a girl at OP

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Nope, can't say I'm surprised.
I actually wasn’t talking about you, nor did I ever say I wasn’t also a dick about all this...but good job searching through my post history to make your point, I guess. See if you can find all the posts where I’ve talked about how Carrot still has a shot, they’re definitely out there if you wanna talk about all the things I’ve said and not just cherry pick my statements to fit your purposes. Sure are a lot of Carrot fans out here who have nothing kind to say about Yamato, but bringing that up also wouldn’t fit your message, would it?

I actually wasn’t talking about you, nor did I ever say I wasn’t also a dick about all this...but good job searching through my post history to make your point, I guess. See if you can find all the posts where I’ve talked about how Carrot still has a shot, they’re definitely out there if you wanna talk about all the things I’ve said and not just cherry pick my statements to fit your purposes. Sure are a lot of Carrot fans out here who have nothing kind to say about Yamato, but bringing that up also wouldn’t fit your message, would it?
Not when your the one starting off with strawman arguments. "Some"? Which "some" do you mean? How many? Be specific, call them out, and then look into their post history to ensure that you're not using blanket statements yourself.

And you didn't not call yourself a dick, bravo. But did you actually call yourself one? I don't care either way, and I'm not bothering to paint a whole picture of every post you ever made when you don't care to do the same for the "some" you're smearing.

I'm no angel either, and I don't think you're the worst. But if you're gonna complain about people being stubborn and childish, don't be surprised when someone holds up a mirror to your own stubborn, childish behavior.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Not when your the one starting off with strawman arguments. "Some"? Which "some" do you mean? How many? Be specific, call them out, and then look into their post history to ensure that you're not using blanket statements yourself.

And you didn't not call yourself a dick, bravo. But did you actually call yourself one? I don't care either way, and I'm not bothering to paint a whole picture of every post you ever made you when you don't care to do the same.

I'm no angel either, and I don't think you're the worst. But if you're gonna complain about people being stubborn and childish, don't be surprised when someone holds up a mirror to yoir own stubborn, childing behavior.
Again, I’ve been pretty clear (in meaning if not verbiage) that I am just as likely to stir shit up as anyone else. You don’t have to go too far back to find evidence of me slamming Carrot fans; both of the posts you pulled came within the last few weeks, and there’s plenty more further in the past. Why I’m the only one who you feel should defend their behavior or specifically call out others is beyond me, but I’m sure you have your reasons. Like I said, you were excluded in spirit from what I said, so I don’t care to pursue this and get heated with you, but we both know there are people on your side who don’t argue in good faith just like there are on mine. I’ve already gotten in trouble with the mods for interacting with one of them, so generalizations are safer (and something everyone here, yourself included, is guilty of doing). When I see more Carrot fans reaching across the aisle or even begrudgingly admitting that Yamato has a case whether they like it or not, maybe I’ll change my tune.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
@Jew D. Boy @Shift you two are like the main ones on each side that mostly argue in good faith (also @Go D. Trussop but he's not here right now) if y'all can't get along then our fanbases are in trouble. We really need both to join so this stuff can stop.
I can’t make this any clearer - Shift has genuinely earned my respect even if we are diametrically opposed on this subject. Y’all have seen enough of my bullshit to know I’d be coming at him a lot harder if I didn’t think he was worthy of being treated well. However, in my experience, there are few pure Carrot fans like him who can keep a discussion civil and not rely on complete bullshit headcanon to make a point...it doesn’t help that Carrot’s still largely unknown after all this time, but I don’t have to call anyone specific out for y’all to know what I mean when I say that a lot of her supporters spew nothing but nonsense.

I can’t make this any clearer - Shift has genuinely earned my respect even if we are diametrically opposed on this subject. Y’all have seen enough of my bullshit to know I’d be coming at him a lot harder if I didn’t think he was worthy of being treated well. However, in my experience, there are few pure Carrot fans like him who can keep a discussion civil and not rely on complete bullshit headcanon to make a point...it doesn’t help that Carrot’s still largely unknown after all this time, but I don’t have to call anyone specific out for y’all to know what I mean when I say that a lot of her supporters spew nothing but nonsense.
To be perfectly honest I think the reasonable people are just as few on Yamato's side. That's why I especially appreciate the people like you guys.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
To be perfectly honest I think the reasonable people are just as few on Yamato's side. That's why I especially appreciate the people like you guys.
There are certainly bad-faith debaters on both sides, maybe in equal measure. Barring a massive renaissance of the human spirit unseen in any other period of history somehow occurring between now and the end of Wano, I’m afraid that’s not gonna change...

Status
Not open for further replies.