Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I mean on Wano after the arc ends.

What do you think she's going to do now? She'll know that Kaido is no longer on the Rooftop.

Luffy has fallen underwater. We also have Kaido's declaration. The story isn't following a path where he rises up just fine in the next few chapters.
It took Kaido time to reach there, and between us seeing him on the rooftop and him smashin Kin, a certain amount of time passed, during which we never saw Yamato (since Kaido started moving and Bao Hang, or whatever her name is announcing the winner, to Kaido ending Kinemon), so Oda has something planned definitely. But i think she wont go back because, look at this from her perspective. She thinks Momo is safe since what Shinobu said to her about Kinemon arriving, and that Yamato thinks she deceived everyone with her doll lol. So from that knowledge, and hearing Luffy lost, what should she do? She was on the 3rd floor already before Bao Hang made the announcement, she maybe went even further, shes too far from Momo and Kaido. Or, there is a giant hole there that BM created (it extends up to the 3rd floor based on the scan), and she uses it to jump out. Lets see
Post automatically merged:

No, I mean on Wano after the arc ends..
Oh, i dont think she stays at Wano, she definitely wants to sail

If we talking about crazy speculations, i think Carrot is being set up to doubt that Luffy and the Strawhats are the chosen one to bring about the dawn. She's young, rash and foolish, she's already going astray from Pedro's last words by going after Perospero and she will keep that same energy when she witness everyone losing and being defeated.

That flashback we see from Carrot is remarkably similar tama, chu chu, paulie, and bartolomeo that just one page backstory. That has a lot desire history with that certain Individual. In other words this still leaves little details surround there relationship as whole. For me is not worthy nakama status. Usually when comes flashback they have much more more details Surrounding their characters and their history with that individual.

Usually when comes female’s straw hats they give you some dialogue, or other characters talk about the certain individual about their backstory. In later arcs we would eventually know everything about what they meant back then in previous arcs. It would all be fully flesh out in the flashback and in the arc general that revolve around them . Carrot has not done no such thing and she has never been told anything regarding her personal life.
Pedro’s was carrots mentor, and the Carrot had a fairly quiet and secluded life on Zou up until Jack showed up, so what else do we need really to know? The main theme of characters carrot is essentially coming of age and experiencing the hardships of the world. That begins when Jack appears. The most important moments of her character (leaving Zou, Pedro’s death, trying to fight Peros) are all happening in the present. The reason the other SHs have flashbacks is because when luffy met them they all had significant life events that happened before he entered the picture. A Carrot flashback would show us more about her relationship with Pedro, sure, but it wouldn’t really add anything to her story. We already know everything we need to know. Whereas Nami’s obsession with treasure, Robin’s hunt for the poneglyphs, Chopper wanting to cure all diseases, etc don’t make sense without the context of their flashbacks.

That is the same circumstance that people thought about Rebecca. Rebeeca was not strong or powerful hanging out with best of them. Her father had bailed her out fight against diamante alongside with robin. In this case cat viper deals with perrosprow you might as well form nox pirates under mink division under captain carrot. Since the fact that she won't be able to use her full potential when the moon is full. There is going a lot instances where the straw hats are going to fight during day. Where it ends up being cloudy and the moon isn't full. Which would make impossible for someone like carrot transform at that point in time. Carrot you might have history with straw hats 3 arcs at this point time but you still lack A story centric art that's about you and you are not strong enough hang out with best of them. Despite her having role being "look out" there other character that can do that already. Carrot base form and suslong it has more supporting capabilities might as well join the grand fleet.
the difference between Rebecca and carrot is that Rebecca was an extension of Kyros’ story. On the other hand, carrot has been constantly singled out from the minks since her introduction. Her current storyline is her own, not an extension of any other character. Pedro died to develop carrot’s character. As far as I can tell, a major reason Peros was brought to the raid was for her storyline, because he really hasn’t had much impact otherwise. also I don’t think her not having a story centric arc is a fault against her because Wano isn’t a Yamato centric arc. She’s been a focal point of the raid, yeah, but wano as a whole is about Momo, the people of wano, and Kaido. It’s too big to just be about one character the way pre-time skip arcs were.

The grand fleet captains are leaders, carrot has not shown any interest in starting her own crew nor has she shown any leadership qualities.

Base Carrot isn’t weaker than Chopper, Nami, and Usopp. Obviously she’s not as strong as Yamato, and I understand why people are drawn to stronger characters, but to say carrot is too weak to join the crew isn’t true. And if she does join, Oda will probably loosen the restraints of her sulong form and make it easier for her to access. As he’s done with chopper’s monster form, luffy’s gears, robin’s giant limbs, etc.

Again, You don't just give a character the name Yamato and just let it be a throw a way character.
That's reserved for names like Carrot.
So unoriginal.
You have to be kidding me with this trash argument.
"Yamato so original" lmao that's why there are other Yamatos in Digimon, Eyeshield 21, Naruto, Gundam etc.
Actually just google image "Yamato anime" and most images that appear is not this beloved Yamato of yours.

Yamao is probably a different story though. That's why you guys should cherish Yamao from now on.

You have to be kidding me with this trash argument.
"Yamato so original" lmao that's why there are other Yamatos in Digimon, Eyeshield 21, Naruto, Gundam etc.
Actually just google image "Yamato anime" and most images that appear is not this beloved Yamato of yours.

Yamao is probably a different story though. That's why you guys should cherish Yamao from now on.
You clearly misunderstand what I mean because you have a hate boner for me.
Yamato is used for several characters in different manga, it's not just an average name is what I'm saying. Iirc it has meaning in comparison to other names.
So again just shut the fuck up topi. If you can't discuss in good faith, don't even reply to me.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Don’t think I’ve asked this yet, but what will the more vocal Carrot fans be vehemently wrong about once this arc is over and Yamato leaves Wano with the crew? Y’all wanna get out in front of it and start talking about how Pedro was the actual Pirate King and Neko/Inu are both the real Joy Boy, making Carrot the new leader of Rocks? If this analogy is confusing to you, imagine what it’s like to read any number of words about a cartoon bunny being paramount to a 1000+ chapter story when ***the series itself and the guy who writes it*** directly contradict y’all two weeks out of every month :choppawhat:

You clearly misunderstand what I mean because you have a hate boner for me.
Yamato is used for several characters in different manga, it's not just an average name is what I'm saying. Iirc it has meaning in comparison to other names.
So again just shut the fuck up topi. If you can't discuss in good faith, don't even reply to me.
Either way, bullshit argument.

OT:
I wonder if Oda is actually changing his mind in mid way. I was actually pretty sure and dissapointed when Sulong Carrot chapter happened. It's as if Carrot next nakama was already set in stone back then.
The manga cover color argument was pretty convincing too (Pudding, Bege and non Straw Hats are colored in yellow, while the Straw Hats and coincidentally, Carrot too were colored without yellow).

But now things don't look so well anymore for Carrot. It changed drastically compared to Sulong-Carrot-appeared days.
Her fans said either "Luffy will ask her to join before they even reach Wano", or "Wano is a long arc. There's still much time to give Carrot more developments".
Yet..
In act 1 and act 2 she was irrelevant again and became background character.
In act 3, she only spread hoax about Perospero killed Pedro. And she lost against Perospero even with Wanda's help (while her fanboys more or less always thought she would beat Perospero in 1 vs 1, avenging Pedro).
About rematch, it's probably not happening anymore because Peros is already linked with other subplot with Marco and King previously, then Nekomamushi, then now Chopper. Perospero already shifted her attention from Carrot.

TLDR: horray she seems not joining anymore!

Don’t think I’ve asked this yet, but what will the more vocal Carrot fans be vehemently wrong about once this arc is over and Yamato leaves Wano with the crew? Y’all wanna get out in front of it and start talking about how Pedro was the actual Pirate King and Neko/Inu are both the real Joy Boy, making Carrot the new leader of Rocks? If this analogy is confusing to you, imagine what it’s like to read any number of words about a cartoon bunny being paramount to a 1000+ chapter story when ***the series itself and the guy who writes it*** directly contradict y’all two weeks out of every month :choppawhat:
if you’re so sure we’re wrong why do you bother engaging with us :choppawhat:

i think people are jumping the gun on the nekomamushi thing because he hasn’t even gotten to Peros yet so we have no idea how that is gonna play out. I don’t think Oda has ever portrayed “revenge” as a good thing, so it’s possible Neko may lose

I think this is kind of beating a dead horse at this point, but Pedro told carrot to keep moving forward + that one day she’ll realize the important of the SHs voyage. She’s doing the opposite of moving forward, which is why she lost to peros.
she still hasn’t realized the importance of the SHs, so I think if she’s joining her development with luffy will come when she has the realization.

we also see in her short flashback that Pedro passes down roger’s words about “everyone’s moment to shine”. That’s why us carrot fans are so insistent about carrot having her moment at some point where her purpose will become clear and she’ll become a SH. we could be wrong but I don’t think Oda would have dragged out this (minor) storyline for over 100 chapters now for nothing.
You show more pedro panel than carrot panel. I like it. Keep it up
:cheers:

Tbh both yamato and carrot have a good case to join but don't be so sure of it as oda being oda is unpredictable as fuck.....he wants he will have perospero join and not yamato/carrot who have better cases.......

Tbh both yamato and carrot have a good case to join but don't be so sure of it as oda being oda is unpredictable as fuck.....he wants he will have perospero join and not yamato/carrot who have better cases.......
If Carrot had a good case she would have been an actual character in Wano but she's not. She's lacking massive character development, the only thing keeping her alive is her fans. Don't group Carrot with Yamato cause they are world aparts, Carrot is an almost empty dumpster with no complexity. And yes if the narrative was pushing for Perospero to become a strawhat, his character is way more advanced than the bunny. Getting along with the Strawhats and being a tree on the sunny doesn't help her, everyone in the series gets along with the Strawhats.

If Carrot had a good case she would have been an actual character in Wano but she's not. She's lacking massive character development, the only thing keeping her alive is her fans. Don't group Carrot with Yamato cause they are world aparts, Carrot is an almost empty dumpster with no complexity. And yes if the narrative was pushing for Perospero to become a strawhat, his character is way more advanced than the bunny. Getting along with the Strawhats and being a tree on the sunny doesn't help her, everyone in the series gets along with the Strawhats.
Yeah I agree carrot is boring background character for most part but if oda wants she will join and no matter how good of a case yamato has if oda wants she won't join so its better not to have high expectation is my point.........

Yeah I agree carrot is boring background character for most part but if oda wants she will join and no matter how good of a case yamato has if oda wants she won't join so its better not to have high expectation is my point.........
I agree with that for sure. However, Yamato's case is only going to increase from now on, he could still kill her off. I want Oda to kill off Tama to see how Luffy would overcome the pain, struggle and growth, bringing him back to Marineford again. Probably won't happen though

Been away for so long... I'll back read because discussions seems good...

Yamato will remain stronger than Sanji to the end of the series.
Not gonna happen...

Sanji will no longer be Luffy's 3rd Strongest Subordinate
Of course he isn't... Sanji is Luffy's 2nd "strongest" subordinate...

Oda magically make Sanji stronger than her
Yes? But to be fair, we haven't seen too much about Yamato...

On a slightly unrelated note, I expect Yamato's position in the crew to be combatant (like Lucky Roo) and for Zoro to become the "Vice Captain"/"First Mate" (like Benn Beckmann).
Not gonna happen... Yamato will get another role...

I don't really see it as something that hurts Yamato's chances even if Sanji as top 3 dynamic was a thing to uphold, in my mind Jinbe is already stronger than Sanji and if he is meant to be below him from now on (fighting wise) then whatever combat scaling logic that would be broken or forced with Yamato joining has already happened with Jinbe even if the Raid Suit did improve Sanji drastically. In the end another powerhouse like Yamato close to endgame as a combatant addition makes a lot of sense to me as well regardless of perceived ranking.
This...

I genuinely do not understand this. Why do you think Yamato is not a legitimate candidate to join the crew?
The simple answer is that he is so fixated to Carrot... He doesn't mind about quality and story progression... You can see it through his fanfics... Simple as that...

Been around long enough to remember when people thought Paulie was gonna join after Water 7/Enies Lobby, there were still contingents of the fandom calling for it even after Franky rocketed past him in terms of viability just because he had a connection to a “mentor” in Iceburg and a unique design/fighting style (with absolutely no other indicators that he ever had an actual shot). Keep shouting into the void about Carrot, Oda’s bound to hear you eventually!! :gokulaugh:
This... I also want to remind people about the Prison Break Team... Bon and Iva bonded way longer with Luffy than any other members of the team (Buggy, 3, Daz, Jinbe, Croc), only for the one who clashed with Ace to outpoint them later on...

1. Carrot does not have story central arc that make her focus in any arc she part of. Every arc she has taken part she has been mostly there to be a support character rather being a main character in her own arc.
She fits better as a cover story character...

I won’t lie, I was also week-to-week and not fully sold on Franky at the time until the Gates of Justice when he stood with the crew...but a lot of folks were really pulling for the rope guy, I see a lot of parallels between the futility of their cause and that of Carrot4Nakama.
Agree... Except Pauly really stood a way more solid chance before... And happened before Oda's serious health concerns...

I’m telling you, there were some real Paulie stans back in the day
I remember people were even trying to insert Pauly's name in the infobox on the Straw Hat Pirates page on Wikipedia (there was a SH page on WP before) even after they left W7...

His true goal was to kill Doflamingo, becoming Pirate King was a ruse.
Didn't he mention before that he's also into One Piece, just that he's not in a hurry because he believes that One Piece won't move into somewhere else anyway...

So in turn what do you think Carrot will do after Wano if she doesn't join the straw hats? I find this to be yet another point in support of Carrot joining, since unlike Yamao who has different outcomes, there's only one outcome that makes sense for Carrot's character. And that's of course joining the straw hats.
Carrot has lots of outcomes as well... You're just keeping a blind eye:
  • Replace Pedro's spot as a Guardian (the "Nekoguards") - makes the most sense
  • Join the Heart Pirates if Law decides to search for poneglyphs in the Blue regions
  • Stay at Wano as one of Momo's retainers
  • Join the new Nox Pirates if the 2nd option doesn't happen

Only one way for Carrot? To join the Strawhats? What a load of shit. No point ever debating with you because everything you add is caked in bias.
Just let him be...

Carrot's not a leader. Every single member of the fleet bar none was already an established leader of some sorts or had clearly stated ambitions to lead others throughout the arc. Carrot's nothing like that at all.
Yeah right, Ideo was an established leader prior to forming his own group... :seriously:

Close the thread already
This won't close until the final arc... Yes, let's do this!

Carrot can join, for emergency Rations.
Lol but really, only if her character gets better and not so bland and forced moe/kuwaii. No offense Carrot fans but she's really just another Chopper given a slightly different form/packaging.

Yamato is quiet different from the other two girls. So she would be a great addition to the crew.
Luffy even said that minks are "Choppers"...

Interesting how Carrot isn’t on any of the covers.

IMO it means nothing...

Do you think he's gonna left back the most popular mink now? Because I don't think so xD
Boa Hancock...

Also will we finally put the nonsense idea of Chopper learning Sulong to rest now? Chopper just got his new powerup and he's likely not getting a proper 1 v 1 this arc since he's already done his job with the cure and stalling Queen.
Nope... He's not yet done...

A guardian protector that appears only when the emperor is virtuous basically hammers home the point that Yamao's role is Momo bound.
This is an interesting info... Emperor? So a Yonko like Kaido, or who's the "5th Emperor" by the way?

What's next Carrot fans? Carrot still going to save Luffy in the sea? Going back to a rematch with Perospero? What's the next lunatic move?

Carrot is not main character material, is it that hard to understand. All you can expect is 2 panels at the end of act 3.
If she eats grass like Peros said, I'll be convinced that she'll join...

Eh i think bringing up carrot joining in that moment would take away from Jinbe’s moment of finally joining after so long.
Did Usopp returning took away Franky's joining and the new ship?

And what would you say about Carrot who's spent far more time with the crew and in the series than Yamao?
Like Kin'emon and Law... Well, props to Kin for acknowledging Luffy before they set off to fight Kaido, unlike the rabbit mink who just went on her own without acknowledging anyone, not even Inu and Neko...

That flashback we see from Carrot is remarkably similar tama, chu chu, paulie, and bartolomeo that just one page backstory. That has a lot desire history with that certain Individual. In other words this still leaves little details surround there relationship as whole. For me is not worthy nakama status. Usually when comes flashback they have much more more details Surrounding their characters and their history with that individual.

Usually when comes female’s straw hats they give you some dialogue, or other characters talk about the certain individual about their backstory. In later arcs we would eventually know everything about what they meant back then in previous arcs. It would all be fully flesh out in the flashback and in the arc general that revolve around them . Carrot has not done no such thing and she has never been told anything regarding her personal life.

That is the same circumstance that people thought about Rebecca. Rebeeca was not strong or powerful hanging out with best of them. Her father had bailed her out fight against diamante alongside with robin. In this case cat viper deals with perrosprow you might as well form nox pirates under mink division under captain carrot. Since the fact that she won't be able to use her full potential when the moon is full. There is going a lot instances where the straw hats are going to fight during day. Where it ends up being cloudy and the moon isn't full. Which would make impossible for someone like carrot transform at that point in time. Carrot you might have history with straw hats 3 arcs at this point time but you still lack A story centric art that's about you and you are not strong enough hang out with best of them. Despite her having role being "look out" there other character that can do that already. Carrot base form and suslong it has more supporting capabilities might as well join the grand fleet.
Spot on, this...

The grand fleet captains are leaders, carrot has not shown any interest in starting her own crew nor has she shown any leadership qualities.
Ideo?

this is one of the more active threads that isn’t mostly about Zoro vs Sanji
This...

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Yamato thinks she deceived everyone with her doll lol.
No she does not. The doll was a farce for her to get an excuse to fight. She doesn't believe in it, and Momonosuke called her out on it:

In this very chapter she declares that she's no longer a prisoner and is now Oden:

She had previously stated that she wanted to fight Kaido as Oden:

She was only heading to the Rooftop to assist Luffy vs Kaido:

She learns that she was too later and Luffy has already been defeated:

She heard her father throw down the gauntlet for who will face him and decide to head down and "oversee clean up":

Yamato has no reason to head to the Rooftop anymore:
  • She is now too late to assist Luffy.
  • She knows her Father is no longer there.
  • She knows her Father has gone down below the Rooftop.
  • She heard her Father throw down a challenge for who will face him.

she maybe went even further, shes too far from Momo and Kaido.
Once Boa Huang made the announcement, she wouldn't keep heading up to Kaido as she'll learn he's no longer there. She may not head back to Momonosuke, but I doubt it.

Momonosuke is someone that cannot be allowed to die:

He's someone that she declared that she will lay down her life for:

He is also someone that Luffy entrusted her to protect:

I really don't think she should be so lackadaisical about his protection.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Well, it's a good thing that Oda wants Yamato to join the crew. If he didn't, he wouldn't have given her such an extensive connection with Ace.

Not gonna happen...

Of course he isn't... Sanji is Luffy's 2nd "strongest" subordinate...

Yes? But to be fair, we haven't seen too much about Yamato...

Not gonna happen... Yamato will get another role...
  • Yamato is significantly stronger than Sanji.
  • Yamato's fight with Kaido is likely something that Sanji will never surpass even to the end of the series.
  • Her fighting prowess is the most highlighted skill of Yamato's.

No she does not. The doll was a farce for her to get an excuse to fight. She doesn't believe in it, and Momonosuke called her out on it:

In this very chapter she declares that she's no longer a prisoner and is now Oden:
She still carry the doll on her left waist on second picture. she might think it works.

That's why I think kaido and yamato meeting will happen more later

Status
Not open for further replies.