Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No it isn’t. Buggy had lookout duties and he was a apprentice
In what part do you disagree with me?

Apprentice is more like status not a role. Apprentice could also has some other duties maybe like cannoner or something

Just because someone doing other role duty doesnt mean he/she is the [insert role]. Before jinbe, SHs take turns be on helms duty but that doesnt mean they're helmsman. Same goes for lookout

Last edited:
I just edit it while waiting.

Just because someone doing other role duty doesnt mean he/she is the [insert role]. Before jinbe, SHs take turns be on helms duty but that doesnt mean they're helmsman. Same goes for lookout
That was an incomplete crew. The Roger pirates as far as we knew had a full crew and they were delegating roles to the kids

Boggles my mind when it’s suggested that Jinbe and Yamato shouldn’t be Straw Hats because that would destroy the monster trio dynamic.

Here’s the thing though, if the dynamic between Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji is so fragile to the point that it would be bad for Jinbe and Yamato to be Straw Hats because it would destroy the balance, then was that dynamic really strong to begin with?

Lhulu

Tobidara Believer
Boggles my mind when it’s suggested that Jinbe and Yamato shouldn’t be Straw Hats because that would destroy the monster trio dynamic.

Here’s the thing though, if the dynamic between Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji is so fragile to the point that it would be bad for Jinbe and Yamato to be Straw Hats because it would destroy the balance, then was that dynamic really strong to begin with?
Perfect. Yamato should join SH because of narrative and as we already know, Oda cares much more about the story/lore than power level or fighting dynamic, which are secondary elements of the plot and can be adjusted later(if this will happen in a coherent way we still don't know).

It's just stupid because Oda can just power up characters if he wants to, or he can easily write something in to signal one is stronger than the other(for example, Who's Who vs Jinbe while Sanji fights an actual commander)

Last edited:

It's funny and ridiculous how people are so concerned over this "dynamic" thing which isn't even a bit important or relevant... Remove that dynamic in the story and it will still goes well...

Not sure what's wrong with putting best guys in the story? Thing is, it will make the writing better since it's not something the readers are used to read (less repetitive)...

I would rather have Yamato or Jinbe or whoever SH it is to become better than Sanji than having so much plot armors for many characters...

Exactly this. The Straw Hat crew isn't just the Monster Trio. And Oda had always put story and characters above fights and power levels anyway. People are already getting sick of the Monster Trio getting all the 1v1 fights, especially when its done so poorly (Sanji never able to fight women, Zoro oneshotting everyone, and Luffy constantly struggling and needing plot to win).

I'd say its time to inject some new blood to the Straw Hat Crew's main fighting force. The people who just wants fights to be exclusively for the Monster Trio are just selfish imo.

Adding Jinbe and Yamato to the crew will be great additions. Jinbe is the best at fighting in the water, while with Yamato joining the crew, Oda no longer has to worry about writing the straw hats against female enemies because of either: Nami is too weak and has to resort to run and hide/one shot kills tactics, or Robin who can only one shot weak enemies but can't fight strong enemies.

With Yamato as a Straw Hat, Oda can finally write female fights that is as exciting and action packed as the fights he gives to the Monster Trio.

Exactly this. The Straw Hat crew isn't just the Monster Trio. And Oda had always put story and characters above fights and power levels anyway. People are already getting sick of the Monster Trio getting all the 1v1 fights, especially when its done so poorly (Sanji never able to fight women, Zoro oneshotting everyone, and Luffy constantly struggling and needing plot to win).

I'd say its time to inject some new blood to the Straw Hat Crew's main fighting force. The people who just wants fights to be exclusively for the Monster Trio are just selfish imo.

Adding Jinbe and Yamato to the crew will be great additions. Jinbe is the best at fighting in the water, while with Yamato joining the crew, Oda no longer has to worry about writing the straw hats against female enemies because of either: Nami is too weak and has to resort to run and hide/one shot kills tactics, or Robin who can only one shot weak enemies but can't fight strong enemies.

With Yamato as a Straw Hat, Oda can finally write female fights that is as exciting and action packed as the fights he gives to the Monster Trio.
Still hoping Robin would eventually show she can use haki though. It still haunts me that Luffy being trained by Rayleigh, Zoro by Mihawk, Sanji by Ivankov, Robin by Dragon but only Robin who can’t use at least CoA.

Still hoping Robin would eventually show she can use haki though. It still haunts me that Luffy being trained by Rayleigh, Zoro by Mihawk, Sanji by Ivankov, Robin by Dragon but only Robin who can’t use at least CoA.
To be fair I doubt Dragon actually trained Robin the way those other three did. But still, it’s a tragedy that only a handful of SHs have haki rn. Robin and everyone else deserves their haki at this point. Hoping it comes this arc in their fights.

To be fair I doubt Dragon actually trained Robin the way those other three did. But still, it’s a tragedy that only a handful of SHs have haki rn. Robin and everyone else deserves their haki at this point. Hoping it comes this arc in their fights.
Indeed. Especially in New World. At least Usopp was shown to have CoO, so maybe Robin will show her using CoA. It’s weird if Robin can’t use haki, and Sabo can use haki while both are under Dragon’s tutelage.

Last edited:

Love it

It's funny and ridiculous how people are so concerned over this "dynamic" thing which isn't even a bit important or relevant... Remove that dynamic in the story and it will still goes well...

Not sure what's wrong with putting best guys in the story? Thing is, it will make the writing better since it's not something the readers are used to read (less repetitive)...

I would rather have Yamato or Jinbe or whoever SH it is to become better than Sanji than having so much plot armors for many characters...
People can be fanatics and dedicated writers about the monster trio as much as they want, but if it means that characters like Jinbe and Yamato aren’t allowed to be Straw Hats because of some balance control as if it would destroy the cosmic shift of the universe, then I’d rather the monster trio concept be dropped, because I’d want characters like Jinbe and Yamato to be allowed to tag along, and I’m sure many other people out there feel the same way.

People can be fanatics and dedicated writers about the monster trio as much as they want, but if it means that characters like Jinbe and Yamato aren’t allowed to be Straw Hats because of some balance control as if it would destroy the cosmic shift of the universe, then I’d rather the monster trio concept be dropped, because I’d want characters like Jinbe and Yamato to be allowed to tag along, and I’m sure many other people out there feel the same way.
oda will not decide if a character can join or not because of the monster trio.
he already created the character knowing if they are going to join or not and if he wants to keep the monster trio intact he will keep the character from disturbing it.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Indeed. Especially in New World. At least Usopp was shown to have CoO, so maybe Robin will show her using CoA. It’s weird if Robin can’t use haki, and Sabo can use haki while both are under Dragon’s tutelage.
Here's a real question: how come none of the Monster Trio offer to teach the others how to use haki? COA and COO can be used by all living beings according to Rayleigh. Yeah it took Luffy a year and a half to master the basics but they gotta start somewhere. Usopp never told anyone about his sudden boost of awareness in DR?

Status
Not open for further replies.