Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys just a reminder that they add popular characters to the Straw Hats lineup in any kind of merch set (gacha/lottery goods included) since forever. Law for example has tons of it since 2012 (just SHs and Law, Law and the SHs on the promo posters), it doesn't mean he is a SH, it means he makes a lot of money for Shueisha. Always keep your expectations low not be disappointed in the end. Yamato is new, popular and had no official merch so far, so it's expected for them to add her in any line up possible
Law is the biggest slowburn, watch

Law was traveling with the strawhats and is kind of an honorary member. Same thing probably happened with Vivi. Yamato on the other hand has no excuse for this other than joining the crew.
Nope, they statred adding Law to the SHs merch during Punk Hazard. The Japanese fans are totally chill and aren't making any victory dances over the fact that there is a Yamato towel next to the SHs. Because that's a common thing to see and means nothing besides making more money.

She is a merchandise attraction. Oda can create one on a whim and everyone would forget about Yamato and love the next creation of Oda's.
Well Carrot isn't above Yamato in character popularity? Why doen't have merchandise about her? Why she don't have a color with the crew? Why she isn't put together with crew in merchandise?
Post automatically merged:

:kayneshrug: GG Carrot4Nakama

Can we all agree that, Vivi and Kyros>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Yamato and Carrot?
Weak ass Vivi? Nah, Kyros was good, but Vivi and Carrot is discusting and Vivi is already a SH so...

Even Caribou is more cool becaus eof her type of fruit than a weak ass Vivi and Yamato.

Well Carrot isn't above Yamato in character popularity? Why doen't have merchandise about her? Why she don't have a color with the crew? Why she isn't put together with crew in merchandise?

Weak ass Vivi? Nah, Kyros was good, but Vivi and Carrot is discusting and Vivi is already a SH so...

Even Caribou is more cool becaus eof her type of fruit than a weak ass Vivi and Yamato.
Applying your Logic, Law has been more of a crewmate than Jinbe xD

Carrot's already got a new figurine coming out celebrating placing in the top 10 in the anniversary poll. Unfortunately she kicked Yamao out of the 10 so she won't be included.

Official poster
This and the Tama merch if anything hold far more sway since they're actually drawn by Oda and based on the manga, as opposed to just including a popular character into a straw hat set.

In the new set they make it clear that Yamao isn't a straw hat and don't include her in the main image or the straw hat cup.

Applying your Logic, Law has been more of a crewmate than Jinbe xD
Yep, why not? But he already is a rival to Luffy, thats why Oda don't make him a SH, while Jimbei is a xonfirmed SHs since FMI.

Carrot's already got a new figurine coming out celebrating placing in the top 10 in the anniversary poll. Unfortunately she kicked Yamao out of the 10 so she won't be included.

This and the Tama merch if anything hold far more sway since they're actually drawn by Oda and based on the manga, as opposed to just including a popular character into a straw hat set.

In the new set they make it clear that Yamao isn't a straw hat and don't include her in the main image or the straw hat cup.

I don't see carrot with no one right here.

I dont think Luffy will reject her.
While I am completely sold on Yamato, I don't think it's gonna as straightforward as some may think. Each SH that joined always had some type of inner conflict between staying and leaving. I don't think Yamato is exempted from that, since her character arc is based around her identity, I would suspect some kind of character struggle before ultimately leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.