Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The odds of Carrot joining will arguably lower if she manages to defeat Perospero first hand by dealing the final blow with perhaps Neko going to assist Inu against Jack.

But even if Neko lands the final strike it might very well be the case unless she will crave to further revenge Pedro by bringing the entire BPM down or keep up her journey independently.

This is another level of cope, cherry picking scenes without the context of the history/arc. I'm 100% sure that you know why Sanji said this.
It's not cope, my friend. Just actually recognising that I'm reading a story, not a crystal ball lol.

Just because a character says something will happen doesn't actually mean that thing absolutely has to happen. I'm not cherry picking anything. I posted panels of Sanji repeatedly saying that he won't join the crew and that he will stay with Zeff forever. And he was being deadly serious. There are a million panels like this in the series of a character saying something will happen...and then it doesn't happen.

Since we're reading a story...things can change. This isn't some new concept. It's literally as basic as it gets. It's Oda's job to mislead, elude and misdirect his readers in order to keep the story intriguing and investing. My example: Sanji repeatedly saying he would absolutely never join the crew... only to ultimately end up joining the crew. If you wanna make an actual point then talk about things in the story that could support the statement.

Just posting a statement alone (as you did) and taking that to be confirmation of something happening is as moronic as saying Kid is going to kill Kaido.

Post automatically merged:

I didn't miss it, it's just not important when looking at the story up until now. Oda happened to say "when you're on his crew", but by simply looking at Luffy's interactions with future straw hats you can see that this pattern was the same before they joined too. He never mishmashed their names from the second they told him what it was. This was all before they joined. Oda's not gonna say "Luffy will always call future straw hats by their proper name". That's just a weird a response to the question he was asked. The more natural thing to say is that once you're his nakama he'll call you by your name.

Could Luffy drop the nickname and decide to call Yamao by her proper name if she joins? Sure. Has that happened before for a straw hat in the last 1000+ chapters? No. Therefore whilst it's not impossible, it's pretty unlikely.
Chopper

Luffy called Chopper "reindeer" because he didn't know his name. Reindeer is not a nickname, he is literally just a reindeer lol. That's like saying me calling you "guy" is a nickname. Give me an instance where Luffy called a character a mashed up version of their name, then later that character joined the crew. One instance.

A single moment where he takes their name and changes it to something else like Choppo, or Choppy.

Nope…there are just some things that are so predictable, you can set your watch (or throw together a low-effort meme) to them :brootea:

Anyway, who gives a damn what Luffy calls Yamato, especially when all he ever calls Carrot is “…” :luffydab:
+ Oda giving Yamato flashbacks + more than 3 new skills in 2 chapters. It’s like rubbing salt into wound to Yamato haters

It's not cope, my friend. Just actually recognising that I'm reading a story, not a crystal ball lol.

Just because a character says something will happen doesn't actually mean that thing absolutely has to happen. I'm not cherry picking anything. I posted panels of Sanji repeatedly saying that he won't join the crew and that he will stay with Zeff forever. And he was being deadly serious. There are a million panels like this in the series of a character saying something will happen...and then it doesn't happen.

Since we're reading a story...things can change. This isn't some new concept. It's literally as basic as it gets. It's Oda's job to mislead, elude and misdirect his readers in order to keep the story intriguing and investing. My example: Sanji repeatedly saying he would absolutely never join the crew... only to ultimately end up joining the crew. If you wanna make an actual point then talk about things in the story that could support the statement.

Just posting a statement alone (as you did) and taking that to be confirmation of something happening is as moronic as saying Kid is going to kill Kaido.
I'm sorry if I was rude or something.

In my opinion if I remember correctly, Sanji was repressing his real dream (the All Blue) because he felt in debt with Zeff, so until Zeff didn't recognize Sanji (Zeff was talking to someone , Luffy?, confirming that he indeed recognizes Sanji) then that debt went away so Sanji could join the SHs.

In the case of Yamato, the panels I shown are her dream, I don't think that it's the same that Kid saying he will Kaido.

In another moment/day I will talk about Carrot.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Yamato having no one in her life, friends being lost and being forced to be something she's not? That's Nami and Robin all over again.

Potentially foreshadowed? Nami wore Robin's Alabasta outfit and Momo called Nami a princess.

Similar arc scenarios? In both Arlong Park and Wano, Luffy was drowning and his pals had to hold off the bad guys until he returns.

Some of y'all should hope Yamato doesnt become too infatuated with dragon Momo though.

I'm sorry if I was rude or something.

In my opinion if I remember correctly, Sanji was repressing his real dream (the All Blue) because he felt in debt with Zeff, so until Zeff didn't recognize Sanji (Zeff was talking to someone , Luffy?, confirming that he indeed recognizes Sanji) then that debt went away so Sanji could join the SHs.

In the case of Yamato, the panels I shown are her dream, I don't think that it's the same that Kid saying he will Kaido.

In another moment/day I will talk about Carrot.
It's alright, no worries.

Yeah, Sanji was repressing his dream. But he was being totally serious when he said he would never join the straw hats. He wasn't crossing his fingers, or intentionally lying. He legitimately thought he would never join them. But that's us discussing the background surrounding Sanji's character to analyse the credibility of his claim. We should do the same with Yamao. Analyse if her declaration that she's travelling with Luffy fits in with the rest of the story.

That's why I said, just posting a panel of Yamao saying she'll travel with Luffy on its own doesn't prove anything if it's not supported by the story. And the thing we've been discussing this whole thread is that very question.
She hasn't explicitly stated what her "dream" is, but we can analyse are her multiple desires. Those being:

-She wants to be Oden
-She wants to set sail and have adventures
-She wants to become a samurai
-She wants to protect Momo with her life
-She wants to open the borders of Wano

Her desire to become Oden and have adventures are different from her expectation that Luffy will be giving her a ride on his ship. In the panel she explicitly says "Speaking as Kozuki Oden I've followed the logic that says you should be giving me a ride on your ship". Both times she never says "I want to sail with Luffy". She simply says that if she's Oden, she expects Luffy to invite her on his ship since that's what happened in Oden's journal.

That means if she doesn't travel with Luffy her desires can still be realised as long as she still gets to adventure and be like Oden.

How would I know? I'm just cautious to avoid another Kyros. It traumatized me lol
Kyros wanted to Return his body back to his normal and reunite with his daughter is not the same at all. Yamato seeks freedom leave this place behind her. She has been prisoner under father organization for 20 years. She has been saying throughout this arc she wants to go adventure just like oden once did. She doesn't want take over her dad organzation nor she doesn't want to stay in wano. Kyros never had any ambush to go out sea and travel world he only wanted to reunite with his only family that he has left.

Suppose that Yamato joins the Strawhats and they fight Shanks and his crew, who would become her matchup?

Beckman > Zoro

Roux > Sanji

Yassop > Ussop

If Yamato were to join the group then the Strawhats would become very overpowered

And I feel that the Strawhats are meant to parallel Shanks' crew more than Roger's because Luffy's promise to Shanks involves gathering a crew better than his. Ussop will very likely be a key in proving so because he is the weakest Strawhat and they are going against a crew with no weak members. Say what you want about Ussop but the gag about his bounty being 3rd highest after Z&S (Excluding Jinbe who is temporarily the highest) and the fact that he will surpass Yassop might hint to him becoming the 3rd most important fighter not in the conventional 1 vs 1 sense, but more in how he supports others and how the world perceives them when they fight as a group. Z&S&U are also the Arlong park trio and together with Nami they constitute the core of the Strawhat group. I feel that the position of the 3rd commander might be reserved for Ussop when he becomes worthy enough for that title....

But even ignoring the power dynamics completely because that might be a stretch, It's obvious that Yamato acts as a foil to Momonuske as they both represent 2 different sides of Oden, the leader who wants to help his country and the adventurer who wants to explore the outside world. That might help Yamato's case at first glance but given that Oden ends up regretting leaving Wano and his dying father, maybe Yamato will develop as a character and choose to stay with Momonuske to provide him with strength, and together they become the new Oden of Wano. I'd wait until we learn what exactly is Momonuske's role in the grand scheme of things and why Wano is special according to Kaido before judging Yamato's chances because for all we know she might end up becoming the Vivi of the new world

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Worry not... If Yamato is that fixated to Momo more than Luffy, she wouldn't left him alone with Shinobu to fight Kaido and would've tried to save him when he was thrown away...
I ain't taking any chances lol. That and.....I kinda, probably don't like Yamato.

Kyros wanted to Return his body back to his normal and reunite with his daughter is not the same at all. Yamato seeks freedom leave this place behind her. She has been prisoner under father organization for 20 years. She has been saying throughout this arc she wants to go adventure just like oden once did. She doesn't want take over her dad organzation nor she doesn't want to stay in wano. Kyros never had any ambush to go out sea and travel world he only wanted to reunite with his only family that he has left.
Kyros said he was leaving DR when Mingo is deal with on a few occasions. He changed his mind at the very last minute.

I ain't taking any chances lol. That and.....I kinda, probably don't like Yamato.
Ah got it... So that's why...

Kyros said he was leaving DR when Mingo is deal with on a few occasions. He changed his mind at the very last minute.
Thing is, he never was never hinted to join the crew, nor there was a vibes in him that he will... After his connection with Rebecca and the royals was revealed, it was obvious back then that he'll stay with Rebecca...

Suppose that Yamato joins the Strawhats and they fight Shanks and his crew, who would become her matchup?

Beckman > Zoro

Roux > Sanji

Yassop > Ussop

If Yamato were to join the group then the Strawhats would become very overpowered

And I feel that the Strawhats are meant to parallel Shanks' crew more than Roger's because Luffy's promise to Shanks involves gathering a crew better than his. Ussop will very likely be a key in proving so because he is the weakest Strawhat and they are going against a crew with no weak members. Say what you want about Ussop but the gag about his bounty being 3rd highest after Z&S (Excluding Jinbe who is temporarily the highest) and the fact that he will surpass Yassop might hint to him becoming the 3rd most important fighter not in the conventional 1 vs 1 sense, but more in how he supports others and how the world perceives them when they fight as a group. Z&S&U are also the Arlong park trio and together with Nami they constitute the core of the Strawhat group. I feel that the position of the 3rd commander might be reserved for Ussop when he becomes worthy enough for that title....

But even ignoring the power dynamics completely because that might be a stretch, It's obvious that Yamato acts as a foil to Momonuske as they both represent 2 different sides of Oden, the leader who wants to help his country and the adventurer who wants to explore the outside world. That might help Yamato's case at first glance but given that Oden ends up regretting leaving Wano and his dying father, maybe Yamato will develop as a character and choose to stay with Momonuske to provide him with strength, and together they become the new Oden of Wano. I'd wait until we learn what exactly is Momonuske's role in the grand scheme of things and why Wano is special according to Kaido before judging Yamato's chances because for all we know she might end up becoming the Vivi of the new world
If Strawhat Pirates vs Red Hair Pirates is ever to be a real thing then expect Mihawk to team up with Shanks so that Luffy vs Shanks, Zoro vs Mihawk and Usopp vs Yasopp can all happen at the same time.

Then Sanji would get Beckman and Yamato Roo.

I don’t think the Strawhats will fight the Red Hairs though.

Status
Not open for further replies.