Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Carrot was "neglected" but this doesn't mean it was not necessary. And no we can't say that Carrot joining would be the worth strawhat joining. Why ? Because you are mixing up joining and being recruted. Carrot joining after an entire arc fully with the strawhat and another one a bit neglected would still be cool.

What would be a bad story on the other hand would be Carrot joining .. like that, (without additionnal moment after what we know) and no story moment or shining moment for Carrot after the joining. This.. would indeed be bad storytelling. But you have to wait to make sure of this. Until we are in Elbaf or anything else, we can't really judge the story of Carrot.

Yes Yamato could sail away, but this can be done under the rulling of Momo. As an ambassador.

Letting Larrot join is bad storytelling in itself. I don't know where you get this sailing away as an ambassador shit because it sure was never brought up in the Manga as a point and never will, what type of "guardian deity of wano" goes on adventures sailing away from Wano as far as possible.

I won't ask you anything cuz you're a deluded shitshow full of false information. You don't even know what a character defining moment is, that's quite funny. You're telling me you can't counter storytelling when that's pretty ironic isn't it, especially involving you with your shitty delusional story "Goalposts" that only favour 1 character and nobody else when they have the same criteria lol.

Chopper was annoyed when they called him reindeer to before he joined, Franky had a similar case but he showed no signs of annoyance, now Yamato has a different case to. Fact of the Matter is that Yamato questioned Luffy about her name and it needs to be resolved, going by the previous 2 cases, ie Chopper and Franky, it should be resolved at some point after the raid.
I will ignore the toxicity and reply this:
If Yamato's case had to be resolved, it should have been at the moment when Yamato ask Luffy to name her correctly. Here Oda will just be playing the gag again and again.

Ps: I favor no one but the story.

It amazes me that we've all read 1000+ chapters of a manga about good characters going out to sea and achieving their dreams yet there are people arguing Oda will deny/change a character who's been begging for it since childhood.

At least one of them already admitted he's just here troll :kayneshrug:
The problem is that you can't understand that a dream can take multiple form. Adventure and sailing the seas doesn't need to come from the strawhats.
Post automatically merged:

Letting Larrot join is bad storytelling in itself. I don't know where you get this sailing away as an ambassador shit because it sure was never brought up in the Manga as a point and never will, what type of "guardian deity of wano" goes on adventures sailing away from Wano as far as possible.
So you understand that Yamato must stay on Wano then ?

I will ignore the toxicity and reply this:
If Yamato's case had to be resolved, it should have been at the moment when Yamato ask Luffy to name her correctly. Here Oda will just be playing the gag again and again.

Ps: I favor no one but the story.

The problem is that you can't understand that a dream can take multiple form. Adventure and sailing the seas doesn't need to come from the strawhats.

So you understand that Yamato must stay on Wano then ?

OMG, I wonder why it wasn't resolved yet???????? Maybe it will be Resolved at the end of Wano when she probably joins, and like the Mangaka Goda says "Luffy will remember the name of the next SH when they join". How is it a Gag? It only happened 1 time.

You favour Larrot alot, you act like she is the perfect super being of OP with 0 imperfections and act like every action she does in the Manga is towards becoming a SH, laughable really...

Think that was already resolved when she studied almost all of the details about the SH's and following their adventures through the newspapers, or when she repeatedly says she wants to go with Luffy specifically or did you just skim over that huh?

Last edited:
OMG, I wonder why it wasn't resolved yet???????? Maybe it will be Resolved at the end of Wano when she probably joins, and like the Mangaka Goda says "Luffy will remember the name of the next SH when they join". How is it a Gag? It only happened 1 time.

You favour Larrot alot, you act like she is the perfect super being of OP with 0 imperfections and act like every action she does in the Manga is towards becoming a SH, laughable really...

Think that was already resolved when she studied almost all of the details about the SH's and following their adventures through the newspapers, or when she repeatedly says she wants to go with Luffy specifically or did you just skim over that huh?
You'll see I guess. In the meantime I will start to boil eggs (for the salt that will be coming raining down on them)

Carrot do has imperfections:

- She is completely reckless making her not think before she makes a move
- She is very naive making her miss a lot of things
- She thinks that she understand the world, making her sometimes faced with desillusion (like with Perospero)

But those imperfection are what makes Carrot a great character.

The sooner we accept that Yamao and Momo will stick together after Wano (regardless of where that may be), the sooner the healing can start.

There's hope though. For those who are so uncreative as to not imagine anyway Oda could possibly justify the Kozuki loving "guardian of Wano" sticking with the 8 year old Kozuki Shogun of Wano to help him rebuild his dilapidated country and carry out his once in a millennia mission in saving the world... you don't need to try to imagine any longer. As of this chapter, that reality has very possibly just been put into motion.

It'll continue to snowball as Yamao finally sees the actual condition of Wano for the first time in 20 years, and further still when she sees her lifelong idol Oden in Momo himself, and further still when the citizens of Wano accept her as one of their own. Until even the most rabid of stans will no longer even be able to pretend that they can't see what's happening.

Last edited:
C4N If you lose, You will have to post yourself Dancing just like Oden did.
I won't lose :)

I thought it'd be funny having C4N back but it doesn't hit the same like last year on Twitter. The points keeping Yamato in Wano just becomes worse every time the Manga leans more towards Yamato joining.
That's because the story is closing in on the reality of Yamato's future. Soon, you will start to feel frustration, after that you will feel a sence of panic and after that will be a feeling of denial.. But don't worry, you will end up accepting the reality in the end.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
I thought it'd be funny having C4N back but it doesn't hit the same like last year on Twitter. The points keeping Yamato in Wano just becomes worse every time the Manga leans more towards Yamato joining.
That's how it's always been. The pro-Carrot and anti-Yamato arugments/post quality started off hollow, and has become more and more terrible overtime.

Can't even make up their minds on which argument to stick with.

You'll see I guess. In the meantime I will start to boil eggs (for the salt that will be coming raining down on them)

Carrot do has imperfections:

- She is completely reckless making her not think before she makes a move
- She is very naive making her miss a lot of things
- She thinks that she understand the world, making her sometimes faced with desillusion (like with Perospero)

But those imperfection are what makes Carrot a great character.

Every point you mentioned right now about Larrot's imperfections are super uninteresting, nobody except Larrot fans will find that interesting. If I had to compare it someone it would be every SH especially Sanji, Larrot is not even close in terms of Character flaws/imperfections that defines one self like Sanji but you expect Larrot to join the SH's with that shallow character she has that you call SH worthy, it's a disgrace.

...but I don't have the energy to keep arguing with you, I'm going to sleeep, catch you tomorrow again I guess...

That's how it's always been. The pro-Carrot and anti-Yamato arugments started off hollow, has become more and more terrible overtime.

Can't even make up their minds on which argument to stick with.
If only people could take me seriously here.. they would understand why the story is prioritizing Carrot despite her denial in the current storyline.

I only hope that once people accept that Carrot is here to stay.. they will come back to those arguments (or my blog in fact) and understand that.. this was in front of them.. the whole time.

Every point you mentioned right now about Larrot's imperfections are super uninteresting, nobody except Larrot fans will find that interesting. If I had to compare it someone it would be every SH especially Sanji, Larrot is not even close in terms of Character flaws/imperfections that defines one self like Sanji but you expect Larrot to join the SH's with that shallow character she has that you call SH worthy, it's a disgrace.

...but I don't have the energy to keep arguing with you, I'm going to sleeep, catch you tomorrow again I guess...
Uninteresting to you. To me, it makes perfect sence from a character standpoint and in relationship to her current narrative arc. But if you want to compare with the strawhats, you should rather compare Carrot's flaws with those of Jinbe, or Brook. Because as the story progress, the flaws of the character are less pronounced with time.

Carrot:

C4N:
This would mean that analysing the story is close to making conspiracies theory. That's what youtube theorist and some forum user are doing but this is the complete opposite of my demarche. I have only one theory and a lot of storytelling knowledge to back it up. This is not just a filling the gap work, it's an actual analysis of the story. And this theory is logically in every corner supported by the story itself.

But I will wait a bit longer. It should not be long before everything start to make sence to you guyz.

:sanmoji:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 10278

At this point there hasn’t been any real progress, things gonna heat up during the resolution process. That is when we will be able to see who’s joining for real. Other than that, I think Carrot’s close to finished at this point honestly barring some last minute development which seems very unlikely even if one had the utmost optimism. Like I said, we’ll have to wait until the fights finish but Carrot’s been a long shot ever since her introduction and she hasn’t done anything to move the sticks other than being a good fit. That’s what has precisely kept in her in these talks all these years, she hasn’t done anything in Wano that would be expected of a potential crew mate. Being MIA for large portions of the arc and not doing much vs Perospero- the only time she could’ve shined as a character much less as a recruit isn’t cutting it.

That leaves Yamato as badly written as she is... as the only viable option left on the table if we are getting a crewmate by the end of this long arc.

At this point there hasn’t been any real progress, things gonna heat up during the resolution process. That is when we will be able to see who’s joining for real. Other than that, I think Carrot’s close to finished at this point honestly barring some last minute development which seems very unlikely even if one had the utmost optimism. Like I said, we’ll have to wait until the fights finish but Carrot’s been a long shot ever since her introduction and she hasn’t done anything to move the sticks other than being a good fit. That’s what has precisely kept in her in these talks all these years, she hasn’t done anything in Wano that would be expected of a potential crew mate. Being MIA for large portions of the arc and not doing much vs Perospero- the only time she could’ve shined as a character much less as a recruit isn’t cutting it.

That leaves Yamato as badly written as she is... as the only viable option left on the table if we are getting a crewmate by the end of this long arc.
Again.. You are making the mistake to think that Carrot should be recruited at the end of this arc. This won't be the case. (or at least if it happen, this won't be the end of Carrot's development). Right now Carrot is in a setup phase. Her real development should come after..

(Or very soon as the story seems to indicate that Oda is not finished with Carrot yet)

D

Deleted member 10278

Again.. You are making the mistake to think that Carrot should be recruited at the end of this arc. This won't be the case. (or at least if it happen, this won't be the end of Carrot's development). Right now Carrot is in a setup phase. Her real development should come after..

(Or very soon as the story seems to indicate that Oda is not finished with Carrot yet)
After Wano? Not a snowball’s chance that would occur, if she’s joining that’s going down by the end of the arc. She’s been looming around as a side character for far too long to justify a fourth arc for further “development” that isn’t even needed to begin with. Not to mention after Wano, the story is entering its ending saga. Too much endgame material on the table for panels to be wasted on Carrot at that point when Oda hasn’t bothered to give her worthy screen time in Wano.

Status
Not open for further replies.