Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah oda didn't portray it much compared to the others
Hmmm, Not a good look for the “Future Nakama" I say.
Oda is known to let his storylines in the shadows as much as possible. In this case. The struggle must feel a purpose, if not there was no reason to put it there as it doesn't relate too much with the war in question (at first sight).

So.. when we analyse it we find out three thing:

- Carrot was not just defeated, she was humiliated. Therefore this calls for a form of retaliation (from the character in question)

- Carrot was angry to tears during this defeat. Meaning that this defeat had on her a real impact.

- Perospero made a speech about Carrot herself, not just her defeat. He pinpointed precisely her weakness (being her naivety in front of the sea) and made a conclusion : "you are not suited for the sea, return home". Like I said many time before here, this monologue is a "challenge to the character". This is a narrative trope that use an antagonist stating a seemingly hard truth to a protagonist, only to being proven wrong after X time, when the protagonist uses that weakness to win against the antagonist... So. In this instance, Carrot can't win again Perospero - unless he wakes up - so this won't be something Carrot will prove to him rather than to herself! And this can be proven in a lot of way, one of which would be if Carrot ends up in a similar situation against a similar ennemy.. But this time, with a cold head. This times only will she be able to prove to herself that she is worthy of being a pirate.

So.. Those three thing are proving one thing. The defeat of Carrot hides something more for her character. It doesn't have to be huge or ultra impactfull, but this proves taht Carrot is not just a simple background character. Oda is having a real plan for her. In fact now that I think about it and if we take the theory that Big Mom could chase the strawhat to Elbaf into account.. there could be a chance for Carrot to face Perospero again and prove him wrong once and for all.

But right now, Oda prefers to let her stay in the shadow.

Those three thing are proving one thing. The defeat of Carrot hides something more for her character. It doesn't have to be huge or ultra impactfull, but this proves that Carrot is not just a simple background character. Oda is having a real plan for her.

But right now, he prefers to let her stay in the shadow.
Idk why u keep saying Oda have something for Her when luffy is about to be Joyboy also Oda doesn't make anyone overshines luffy so she will continue to be in the background like she was at the being of the raid even Nami have a good moment in the latest chapter and carrot just say “Yes Sir".

Idk why u keep saying Oda have something for Her when luffy is about to be Joyboy also Oda doesn't make anyone overshines luffy so she will continue to be in the background like she was at the being of the raid even Nami have a good moment in the latest chapter and carrot just say “Yes Sir".
Carrot will not overshine Luffy. She will just have enough development for her to want to follow Luffy again. That's all.

I said that she was "not just" defeated.
He just makes fun of her that's all what more u think going to happen? Also what u say that carrot remember Pedro word that when luffy is defeated kaido makes her a straw hats doesn't make any sense
Post automatically merged:

Carrot will not overshine Luffy. She will just have enough development for her to want to follow Luffy again. That's all.
I don't see it for her but how can u be so sure that will happen when her little Pedro and Perospero arc is done

Yamato also has add good speech that surrounds the title of the chapter

He just makes fun of her that's all what more u think going to happen? Also what u say that carrot remember Pedro word that when luffy is defeated kaido makes her a straw hats doesn't make any sense
It will when you will saw it don't worry ;)

I don't see it for her but how can u be so sure that will happen when her little Pedro and Perospero arc is done
Because Carrot's cahracter arc is not just about Perospero. It's about the journey of Carrot on the seas and her naivety toward the life of a pirate.

Thank you and where carrot should be the one to get all of this not Yamato but carrot and he's saying Oda has something for carrot meanwhile oda is focused more on Yamato (who he claims not going to join the crew) than carrot.
This is the same argument that fans had for Paulie. just wait excuse. We have been waiting for three years.carrot fight was not even on full display like the rest of the straw hats and their alliance. We have no speech for her that makes her an important character moving forward. Carrot is just support character going along for the ride. Saying Carrot is going to have a round two against Perospero would just be redundant fight in my opinion. Since her master already did for her. There would no need for her fight him again. Unless cat viper is killed by him.

It will when you will saw it don't worry ;
No, it won't 🤗, so keep hoping also thank God u isn't oda cause tf
Post automatically merged:

Because Carrot's character arc is not just about Perospero. It's about the journey of Carrot on the seas and her naivety toward the life of a pirate
Nothing in this shows in both of the anime and manga, u are just making shit up again

This is the same argument that fans had for Paulie. just wait excuse. We have been waiting for three years.carrot fight was not even on full display like the rest of the straw hats and their alliance. We have no speech for her that makes her an important character moving forward. Carrot is just support character going along for the ride. Saying Carrot is going to have a round two against Perospero would just be redundant fight in my opinion. Since her master already did for her. There would no need for her fight him again. Unless cat viper is killed by him.
Carrot can't even fight anyone without her sulong form and all of the strawhats adventures always done in the day so where she will have time to transform? Meanwhile with yamato can use both of her ACOC Haki or devil fruit so that's good for her.

Carrot can't even fight anyone without her sulong form and all of the strawhats adventures always done in the day so where she will have time to transform? Meanwhile with yamato can use both of her ACOC Haki or devil fruit so that's good for her.
Exactly Yamato capable of handling scenarios carrot would by comparison would feel very extremely underwhelming. The fight I would love to see is Yamato vs smoothie.

Status
Not open for further replies.