Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally, this chapters revelations are last bit of proof I need to confirm Law will join. First lets acknowledge that Luffy is Nika, and this is the Nika lore

Now lets see Jinbe and Law...

Now would we look at that? Both Jinbe and Law have symbols in their chest that symbolizes Sun God Nika, who happens to be Luffy. Each of them for separate reasons sure, but the symbolism still exist there. Law like Jinbe will be one of the slowest burns in the story, similarly both Law and Jinbe were the first 2 big characters the Straw Hats meet right after the timeskip. It's almost as if he wanted them to join in the same arc, but have different stories leading up to it.

Anyways thats it. The Sun God Nika 100% confirms Law is joining in my head so feel free to slander me if I'm wrong.
CMIIW but IMHO Law’s tattoo is more of a Doflamingo family related tattoo, especially since Law represents the Heart in Doflamingo’s Family. He replaced Corazon’s place, which obviously means “Heart” in Spanish. It’s kinda reaching, because you don’t need to mention about his tattoo and we all know Law is one of the most possible candidates to join

CMIIW but IMHO Law’s tattoo is more of a Doflamingo family related tattoo, especially since Law represents the Heart in Doflamingo’s Family. He replaced Corazon’s place, which obviously means “Heart” in Spanish. It’s kinda reaching, because you don’t need to mention about his tattoo and we all know Law is one of the most possible candidates to join
I admit it might be a reach but on the tattoo, remember Jinbe's symbol as far as he know has nothing to do with Nika as well. It was symbol worn out of respect for his former leader. I just think there's more to it when it comes to Oda

I admit it might be a reach but on the tattoo, remember Jinbe's symbol as far as he know has nothing to do with Nika as well. It was symbol worn out of respect for his former leader. I just think there's more to it when it comes to Oda
Since youre reaching already, Fisher Tiger replaced the slave symbols with the Sun symbol, its definitely a reference to Nika. He was a prisoner, he liberated the prisoners, and he must have heard of the legend too. The other aspect of Nika other than liberation is putting smiles on people faces. Did Rosinante know about this, being a former CD? Maybe, maybe not but his last panel with Law was him and then after it Law too smiling...

Since youre reaching already, Fisher Tiger replaced the slave symbols with the Sun symbol, its definitely a reference to Nika. He was a prisoner, he liberated the prisoners, and he must have heard of the legend too. The other aspect of Nika other than liberation is putting smiles on people faces. Did Rosinante know about this, being a former CD? Maybe, maybe not but his last panel with Law was him and then after it Law too smiling...
He also "freed" Law :crazwhat:

You forgot about Luffy being JoyBoy as well. Instead of Nika, you could say that Law’s tattoo foreshadowed about the smile of JoyBoy; the one who will bring drums of liberation and bring smile to everybody.

"Why do hiyori need to appear in this important chapter? It's kinda wasting panel, it's off tone, it's doesnt flow perfectly"

But It's actually essential for hiyori plot moving side by side with luffy's. Her plot support and emphasize the main plot narratively.

The way she describes her father who is always smile. The way she believes the dawn will come

It's great revelation chapter. Arguably as commemorative as chapter 1000. Both reveal their true form. Luffy waking up laughing, hiyori taking of her mask crying

----------------------

If you want my 2 cents about chapters surrounding ch1000 in correlation with hiyori appearance. here it is. A bit forcing but might be accurate

If luffy and hiyori plot is essential (1044), then oda need to set this up before. He needs to show hiyori is in onigashima too.
And yes, hiyori is first shown in onigashima at 1004

Let's go back around chapter 1000 when luffy was about to enter the roof. We saw so much of luffy running, some character believing and hyping luffy. Chapter 1000, oda giving a special chapter, grabbing all readers attention, giving all spotlight

Luffy ordered law to move scabbards downstair. Luffy passed the ball, hiyori took the ball. 1004, Hiyori helping scabbards.

But unlike luffy treatment, oda is doing the misleading with hiyori. No spotlight only shadow and silhouette. Oda didn't want people to know it's hiyori. He is doing the misleading by having fake oden come to scabbards

So yes. There could be something with hiyori plot and luffy plot

Edit: I'm not done yet

The Heart pirates don't play a huge role in the story. Literally Law has been the main focus of this arc even with them around. Did you even see Bepo get a fight?
Same as Kid. Kid's crew members weren't shown in "action" until Wano, from what I've noticed, Oda doesn't want to build up their crews with special dedicated characters. The only exception is Killer from Kids side.

Yet he left them in Zou for months. That's canon.
If I recall correctly the plan was for them to wait Law at Zou and there regroup.

Ok, so it's cool for you to pull shit out of your ass to answer why Law won't join but we can't use evidence that is already presented? The story of One Piece literally points to Law learning the truth of the D clan with the Straw Hats as he's the guy personally invested in it. That's what it pin points to, and him asking Rayleight literally defeats his own words and the romance of One Piece
I'm not pulling anything out of my ass. Since the introduction of Law and the Heart Pirates I've never even once seen or noticed that Law is the next one who will be joining the SHs. Law never left an impression that he will be joining the SHs. Yet characters such as Jinbei and Yamato have openly stated that they want to join.

Last edited:
Same as Kid. Kid's crew members weren't shown in "action" until Wano, from what I've noticed, Oda doesn't want to build up their crews with special dedicated characters. The only exception is Killer from Kids side.
Killer is not an exception, he's the reason why the Kid pirates are sort of a paralell to Luffy's and Law's isn't. Killer is a direct parallel to Zoro. The heart pirates can't even get Bepo to have any sort of development

If I recall correctly the plan was for them to wait Law at Zou and there regroup.
No, he literally said he wasn't ever planning on seeing them again. The original plan for him was to die in Dressrosa and for the Straw Hats to escape with Caeser and meet up with them in zou.

I'm not pulling anything out of my ass. Since the introduction of Law and the Heart Pirates I've never even once seen or noticed that Law is the next one who will be joining the SHs. Law never left an impression that he will be joining the SHs. Yet characters such as Jinbei and Yamato have openly stated that they want to join.
Do I seriously need to pull a list of all the Straw Hats who rejected joining the crew initially?

:seriously:

I have 3 guesses:
-Combatant(Zoro also has this one but he is also listed as swordsman so maybe he sticks to just that one)

-Ship guardian(since she is a guardian deity, only problem is that unless she has some power that allows protection of tge Sunny remotely it would go against ger character to be stuck in the ship)

-Apprentice(weird since she is an adult and strong, but Kaido was also an apprentice and stayed like that up until he was 21, so you can have adult apprentices)
Now that you mention it, it makes sense for Yamato to be the guardian deity of the Sunny and the SHs. Although she won't be staying 24/7 guarding the Sunny, I can see her following Luffy to the front lines, unless her character drastically changes after she joins the SHs.

Yamato was also a known battleship in WW2 (just like Bismarck)

Japanese battleship Yamato

Finally, this chapters revelations are last bit of proof I need to confirm Law will join. First lets acknowledge that Luffy is Nika, and this is the Nika lore

Now would we look at that? Both Jinbe and Law have symbols in their chest that symbolizes Sun God Nika, who happens to be Luffy. Each of them for separate reasons sure, but the symbolism still exist there. Law like Jinbe will be one of the slowest burns in the story, similarly both Law and Jinbe were the first 2 big characters the Straw Hats meet right after the timeskip. It's almost as if he wanted them to join in the same arc, but have different stories leading up to it.

Anyways thats it. The Sun God Nika 100% confirms Law is joining in my head so feel free to slander me if I'm wrong.
Bro I’m not gonna slender you. I want Law to join, cuz I really like him. But it doesn’t feel right to me. Law and Luffy to me are like Roger and Whitebeard. I can see them remain good friends and ally’s for the rest of their lives. But him joining just doesn’t feel right. I can see him definitely staying with strawhats after wano so that he finds out what D is and Laughtale and the one piece. But that’s it

Bro I’m not gonna slender you. I want Law to join, cuz I really like him. But it doesn’t feel right to me. Law and Luffy to me are like Roger and Whitebeard. I can see them remain good friends and ally’s for the rest of their lives. But him joining just doesn’t feel right. I can see him definitely staying with strawhats after wano so that he finds out what D is and Laughtale and the one piece. But that’s it
i mean at that point he's a straw hat in all but name lol

but I get what you're saying, but I never saw Law as a WB to Luffy's Roger so it's easier for me to see him as a reluctant crew member

Honestly, this thread sounds so much reasonable and healthier. People can start discussing their own favorite character and also the counter-argument; and people are still considerate enough to have arguments about their favorite character, and they pretty much don’t get offended (unless with some specific people who are intentionally obnoxious) regarding the counter argument of their favorite character.

Honestly, this thread sounds so much reasonable and healthier. People can start discussing their own favorite character and also the counter-argument; and people are still considerate enough to have arguments about their favorite character, and they pretty much don’t get offended (unless with some specific people who are intentionally obnoxious) regarding the counter argument of their favorite character.
Yeah I don’t like it. Doesn’t seem like this thread at all

HAHAHAHA fucking Carrot losers, what happened to her fighting Kaido like she was going to last chapter? Irrelevant bunny yet again! Not even a panel to react looooooool

:vistalaugh::vistalaugh::vistalaugh:

There. That’s way more like it.

You guys know that Japan is also called nihon/nippon?

Nihon/nippon means "the sun's origin" or "where sun rises"
That makes Japan, "land of rising sun"

Wano is like Japan, isnt it?

This chapter the sun god has awaken
:feelsokeman:

you can see the sun rises if the weather is supporting

Hiyori complete luffy this chapter

- enough with writing structure and symbolism for now. Next is chapter content. See ya later

If your whole persona is centered around a character joining the crew ofc you will take things personally if people disagree lol

Let's play it bit by bit. Take this post as a prologue for my upcoming post

You guys remember the scene when wyper kill enel? Wyper pinned enel with seastone and killed enel but enel resurrected

Apparently, It is recreated recently but the scene is splitted. It is splitted parallel

It's hiyori who pinned orochi with seastone
It's luffy who is almost dead then he wake up later

It doesn't mean much but I'd like to say that even though luffy and hiyori haven't meet each other, oda already put them together in the same room in his thought process. This little split parallel. Doesn't mean much
"Why do hiyori need to appear in this important chapter? It's kinda wasting panel, it's off tone, it's doesnt flow perfectly"

But It's actually essential for hiyori plot moving side by side with luffy's. Her plot support and emphasize the main plot narratively.

The way she describes her father who is always smile. The way she believes the dawn will come

It's great revelation chapter. Arguably as commemorative as chapter 1000. Both reveal their true form. Luffy waking up laughing, hiyori taking of her mask crying

----------------------

If you want my 2 cents about chapters surrounding ch1000 in correlation with hiyori appearance. here it is. A bit forcing but might be accurate

If luffy and hiyori plot is essential (1044), then oda need to set this up before. He needs to show hiyori is in onigashima too.
And yes, hiyori is first shown in onigashima at 1004

Let's go back around chapter 1000 when luffy was about to enter the roof. We saw so much of luffy running, some character believing and hyping luffy. Chapter 1000, oda giving a special chapter, grabbing all readers attention, giving all spotlight

Luffy ordered law to move scabbards downstair. Luffy passed the ball, hiyori took the ball. 1004, Hiyori helping scabbards.

But unlike luffy treatment, oda is doing the misleading with hiyori. No spotlight only shadow and silhouette. Oda didn't want people to know it's hiyori. He is doing the misleading by having fake oden come to scabbards

So yes. There could be something with hiyori plot and luffy plot

Edit: I'm not done yet
You guys know that Japan is also called nihon/nippon?

Nihon/nippon means "the sun's origin" or "where sun rises"
That makes Japan, "land of rising sun"

Wano is like Japan, isnt it?

This chapter the sun god has awaken

you can see the sun rises if the weather is supporting

Hiyori complete luffy this chapter

- enough with writing structure and symbolism for now. Next is chapter content. See ya later
Even though luffy and hiyori haven't met or interacted or dont know each other, something already happening between the two

Roman ja nai ka?

Yeah I don’t like it. Doesn’t seem like this thread at all

HAHAHAHA fucking Carrot losers, what happened to her fighting Kaido like she was going to last chapter? Irrelevant bunny yet again! Not even a panel to react looooooool

:vistalaugh::vistalaugh::vistalaugh:

There. That’s way more like it.
You really went all out, didn’t you? I like it
:cheers:
Post automatically merged:

If your whole persona is centered around a character joining the crew ofc you will take things personally if people disagree lol
It’s kinda different IMHO. People may disagree, but the obvious obnoxious ones take it on a whole another level. We can still disagree, but still respectful. I don’t need to do the same to those burei-monos anyway

Law wont join the strawhats he will stay an ally tho

Status
Not open for further replies.