Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
You know what, this actually helps me understand the buzz around Carrot for the first time ever…y’all want a crew mate who’s completely useless and can’t do shit to support Luffy now that he’s two steps away from becoming Pirate King. It’s much better to have a safe, empty, barely present character who provides no justification for her existence, has absolutely no reason to be involved, and will largely stay out of the way until falling ass backwards into the most important discovery in the series. We don’t need someone with actual motivation AND the ability to serve our main character either through battling or stewardship, we need a bunny rabbit who doesn’t know anything at all. Loud and clear, y’all, loud and clear.
Post automatically merged:

The whole world, but NOT LUFFY, not even the Dukes confirmed him about the existence of the One Piece.
So now, a character that knows about the existence of the OP has to shut up about this because you wanted it on the Crew???
That is ridiculous, and more ridiculous when you consider Law wants to know everything about the D's and the story of the OP world, but you don't want to even think on Yamato sailing with Law xD
Robin is the only person in the world who can read Poneglyphs, nobody’s been able to explain why having someone with that kind of knowledge isn’t a cheat code but Yamato is for reading a book about a bunch of guys looking for those same stones. Again, the Straw Hats weren’t even supposed to know about Road Poneglyphs until the end of the Grand Line; at present, they’ve already found three of the four. Where’s the last one, that lone remaining missing piece that will help Luffy finally achieve his greatest dream? God, it would be nice if someone had an inkling of an idea, but NO, WE CANNOT ALLOW LUFFY’S JOURNEY TO BE SPOILED DESPITE THE MULTIPLE INSTANCES WHERE THAT’S ALREADY HAPPENED :tch:

Well, it does.
The journal tells you the location of the 4 Phoneglifs, can you tell me how can any random guess that Zou has a Phoneglif???
At first I thought that it was never explicitly mentioned, but I was wrong. I totally missed a huge point.

Oden explicitly wrote down that there was a Road Ponegliff on Wano in his journal.

It was already confirmed and emphasised that there were "very important things" in the journal by Yamao herself. Stuff that wasn't just about Oden's life and adventures, but more was written down.

The whole defence was that we didn't know what exactly was in the journal and that Oden would never actually spoil anything important for risk of having the wrong person find it. But that's already been debunked in the manga itself. Oden wrote that there was a road ponegliff on his island, proving that he had no care for withholding incredibly sensitive info. We haven't seen everything written in the journal, but we can recognise that there must be more stuff written in there if Oden was perfectly fine to disclose the location of one of the maps to OP.

Well, it does.
The journal tells you the location of the 4 Phoneglifs, can you tell me how can any random guess that Zou has a Phoneglif???
Well, but now, a Random with no Phoneglif Idea, can know where 3 of the 4 phoneglifs are.
The diary is far more relevant than what you want to admit, because any kind of hint about the One Piece in there means the exclusion of Yamato as Nakama.
Even the "He laughed" could be considered a big spoiler for Luffy, and a reason for Yamato to not Joining the Crew.
Well, whats wrong with knowing the location of the road poneglyphs? If Luffy was against that hed have told Neko and Inu tp shut their mouth and gone following the log pose. If no one told him how to get to Raftel, how would he do it. If no one told him where the road poneglyphs are, how would he find them? You all read too much into that scene with Ray and Usopp, that was just for Ray to draw the Roger connection, nothing too grand. Crocos told him One Piece is on Raftel, big spoiler if you go by what he told Rayleigh in that heated moment. Like what kind of boring journey even is that, you know what island you need to reach already. If you go by what Oden has written about it on panel

The wording doesent indicate any major spoiler is written down. Like "we learned everything, what is the void century, what is the D, what are the ancient weapons" the way its written sounds like thats all that is written

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
At first I thought that it was never explicitly mentioned, but I was wrong. I totally missed a huge point.

Oden explicitly wrote down that there was a Road Ponegliff on Wano in his journal.

It was already confirmed and emphasised that there were "very important things" in the journal by Yamao herself. Stuff that wasn't just about Oden's life and adventures, but more was written down.

The whole defence was that we didn't know what exactly was in the journal and that Oden would never actually spoil anything important for risk of having the wrong person find it. But that's already been debunked in the manga itself. Oden wrote that there was a road ponegliff on his island, proving that he had no care for withholding incredibly sensitive info. We haven't seen everything written in the journal, but we can recognise that there must be more stuff written in there if Oden was perfectly fine to disclose the location of one of the maps to OP.
Oh no!! Now Luffy’s crew will know there’s a Road Poneglyph in Wano, which Robin already found and read after the minks told her about it when they met in Zou!! Guess the smartest, most handsome boy in this thread solved it again, thank you for the expert analysis!! :sweat:

Well, whats wrong with knowing the location of the road poneglyphs? If Luffy was against that hed have told Neko and Inu tp shut their mouth and gone following the log pose. If no one told him how to get to Raftel, how would he do it. If no one told him where the road poneglyphs are, how would he find them? You all read too much into that scene with Ray and Usopp, that was just for Ray to draw the Roger connection, nothing too grand. Crocos told him One Piece is on Raftel, big spoiler if you go by what he told Rayleigh in that heated moment. Like what kind of boring journey even is that, you know what island you need to reach already. If you go by what Oden has written about it on panel

The wording doesent indicate any major spoiler is written down. Like "we learned everything, what is the void century, what is the D, what are the ancient weapons" the way its written sounds like thats all that is written
Luffy didn't even wanted to know if the OP was real or not, that Diary goes against Luffy.
That's not really hard to understand... Luffy refused a Grand Line Diary that Zeff offered him, but y'all want him to have someone that has read a diary that contains "Very important Things"... OK

And btw, the diary has info about Joy Boy and the Kozuki that we haven't seen yet, the flashback was just a resume.If it were complete, we would have seen Luffy's real dream/will.

Luffy didn't even wanted to know if the OP was real or not, that Diary goes against Luffy.
That's not really hard to understand... Luffy refused a Grand Line Diary that Zeff offered him, but y'all want him to have someone that has read a diary that contains "Very important Things"... OK.
Luffy could easily just forbid Yamato from talking about it if he really doesn’t want to hear it. Does anyone really expect him to turn away a person he wants on his crew because they know too much? Even if Luffy has no interest in hearing it himself I find it hard to believe just them knowing would automatically rule them out in his mind.

Luffy could easily just forbid Yamato from talking about it if he really doesn’t want to hear it. Does anyone really expect him to turn away a person he wants on his crew because they know too much? Even if Luffy has no interest in hearing it himself I find it hard to believe just them knowing would automatically rule them out in his mind.
Why can't you accept another outcomes for Yamato???
Is she forced to be with Luffy?

I think she'll join, but he could have different ends and not being part of the Crew...And I would love if Yamato decides to live his own adventure, and not depend on Luffy because of a prophecy xDxD

If Luffy is against knowing some things about OP. Why he and Cia rushed so many islands and adventures (obviously cuz the plot LoL) ? But some people act like Luffy is so negated to knowledge, when he literally destroys his body with his power-ups to rush to the OP, and he no negates the knowledge to red poneglyphs in Zou, or when Brook sneaky stolen one, when Luffy promises to defeat Big Mom, and obviusly wants to "stolen" the poneglyph with his brute force, like a war treasure.

Why can't you accept another outcomes for Yamato???
Is she forced to be with Luffy?

I think she'll join, but he could have different ends and not being part of the Crew...And I would love if Yamato decides to live his own adventure, and not depend on Luffy because of a prophecy xDxD
I didn’t say I couldn’t accept another outcome for Yamato. I was just challenging what I considered to be a false assumption in that her knowing secrets automatically means she isn’t capable of joining.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
If Luffy is against knowing some things about OP. Why he and Cia rushed so many islands and adventures (obviously cuz the plot LoL) ? But some people act like Luffy is so negated to knowledge, when he literally destroys his body with his power-ups to rush to the OP, and he no negates the knowledge to red poneglyphs in Zou, or when Brook sneaky stolen one, when Luffy promises to defeat Big Mom, and obviusly wants to "stolen" the poneglyph with his brute force, like a war treasure.
Luffy’s journey has been “spoiled” since a Yonko/the Pirate King’s protege gave him Roger’s straw hat, the people bleating about the sanctity of keeping his journey free from, you know, the exact same kind of lucky breaks and unexpected reveals that are required to find Laugh Tale don’t realize that destiny’s gonna play out no matter how they feel about it.

read a diary that contains "Very important Things"... OK
Very important things...

- Last road Poneglyph location
- Joyboy's real meaning(become Joyboy vs become Oden)
- Luffy and Roger's true dream
- Oden's 2 sword style?
- Momo's essential role that he can't afford to die(opening Wano borders)

That's probably about it, things that are suppose to be revealed in Wano, not Raftel stuff..

It also depends what '' very important things '' mean to Yamato, for someone as Luffy it would be Meat..

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Very important things...

- Last road Poneglyph location
- Joyboy's real meaning(become Joyboy vs become Oden)
- Luffy and Roger's true dream
- Oden's 2 sword style?
- Momo's essential role that he can't afford to die(opening Wano borders)

That's probably about it, things that are suppose to be revealed in Wano, not Raftel stuff..

It also depends what '' very important things '' mean to Yamato, for someone as Luffy it would be Meat..
How else is Luffy supposed to find the missing Road Poneglyph?? These idiots want the Straw Hats (and Carrot!!) to spend half of this last stretch of the series sailing blindly around the world to find it and waste both the time of the characters and every asshole here. We’re not still in Loguetown, this is EXACTLY the kind of shit (at precisely the right time) that needs to happen for Luffy to take the one or two remaining steps to achieving his dream.

How else is Luffy supposed to find the missing Road Poneglyph?? These idiots want the Straw Hats (and Carrot!!) to spend half of this last stretch of the series sailing blindly around the world to find it and waste both the time of the characters and every asshole here. We’re not still in Loguetown, this is EXACTLY the kind of shit (at precisely the right time) that needs to happen for Luffy to take the one or two remaining steps to achieving his dream.
Can't agree more, you need a map to find a treasure..

Status
Not open for further replies.