Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sorry. Not really against yamato but I realized something that kinda funny

First time is accident
(Face)

Second times is coincidence
(Style is different but some say the weapons are similar)

Third times is blessing.... Or conspiracy?
(Neko?)
:crazwhat::saden:
Lmaoooo. Never noticed that.

Nami's the "cat burglar" and Yamao might have the cat cat fruit model byakko.

Oni Nami through and through. Oda knows what he's doing. :cantseeme:
Post automatically merged:

one possible destination is becoming the new captain. i think it is not a coincidence oda made luffy become friends with katakuri and yamato.
Oda already highlighted Yamao's potential as a captain.

My point exactly, lmao. :sanmoji:

"Damage" is not a skill or a technique. It's a stat. Yamao's weapon doesn't have some special skill like Urouge or Hawkins that manipulate damage in some way. She is simply physically strong. That's separate from her fighting style and weapon which is what we're talking about.

I'm asking how the club can be used for a specific skill. Like being able to freeze things. Being able to produce electricity. Being able to spontaneously combust. ANYTHING. Anything that Yamao's club or fighting technique allows her to do that Nami's own club cannot.
franky also has legs and his legs can become 4 so his legs are better than sanji.

zeus can change the clima tact form any way he wants. he probably can become whip, lace, club, hammer, any weapon we can think. club is just one of the many forms, we can never see nami use that form again.
but that is not important because oda made obvious even if zeus becomes a weapon nami has no strength to use him like that. she attacked ulti with anger there was not even a scratch. ulti is very weakened and did not use haki to block the attack but nami attack did nothing. if nami caused damage with that attack maybe you were right and oda was going to have that in her new fighting style. but oda made clear for anyone who think 'she can have a club too' that she can not. like a balloon hammer is not a real hammer.
and what yamato can do with a club we don't know because we did not see she fighting but she can throw haki attacks like the one against haccha.

Last edited:
franky also has legs and his legs can become 4 so his legs are better than sanji.
What the??

Sanji is special because he uses a fighting style in which he only kicks, whilst twirling about on his hands. And how he can set his legs on fire at will. The amount of legs Sanji has has nothing to do with this lmao. Can Franky set his legs on fire or spin about on his hands?
but that is not important because oda made obvious even if zeus becomes a weapon nami has no strength to use him like that. she attacked ulti with anger there was not even a scratch. ulti is very weakened and did not use haki to block the attack but nami attack did nothing.
It literally showed the opposite lol. What do you mean? xD

The moment showed that things Nami previously couldn't do on her own, she can now do because of Zeus's help.

Nami smashed Ulti and made her wobble, something she previously wouldn't have been able to do. Obviously that still pales in comparison to what Yamao was able to do, but that has nothing to do with unique technique and everything to do with raw speed and power.
oda made clear for anyone who think 'so she can have a club too' that she can not. like a balloon hammer is not a real hammer.
Ulti has some of the best durability and endurance we've seen in series for a character on her level. Using your logic, you can claim "it's clear Nami's lightning is not real lightning since Ulti kept easily getting back up until Big Mom got involved."

Do you seriously think Oda gave Nami a power up that lets her change her tact into other melee weapons, only for her to never actually use it again?

This comparison completely flops since Luffy has an enormous arsenal of things that only he can do. Overlap in the crew has absolutely nothing to do with my point. My point is that Nami's weapon can do EVERYTHING Yamao's can but far outshines it in traits from creativity to functions.

Take Brook's sword:

1. He can play the violin to put people to sleep using his sword
2. He can freeze people using his sword
3. His sword is a concealed weapon and doubles as a cane
4. He uses a swift fencing style

Despite also being a swordsman, all of these skills power wise and aesthetically make him very different from Zoro. These are all skills that only Brook can do with a sword in the crew... Now do the same for Yamao. Name a single skill or feature of her club that is unique to Yamao which Nami's new tact cannot do. A single solitary technique or design feature that makes the weapon unusual or special.

I can name 4 for Brook. Now try and name even one for Yamao.
The fact that half of that list are abilities shown after his debut arc favors Yamato greatly, if swift fencing style counts then Yamato being a powerhouse that can blitz and knock out a zoan while Nami has a homing transforming club that couldn't even move a human counts especially since Yamato can also send G4 level moves long distance with it and pretending damage disparity between being able to hit fodder and Oars level threats isn't a significant difference is disingenuous, if carried weapons like Zoro's swords count as a difference between concealed like Brook's then the same difference would exist between Nami and Yamato and finally we already know Yamato has a zoan which means there's already more unique things than Brook had in his debut arc.

The fact that half of that list are abilities shown after his debut arc favors Yamato greatly,
Thriller Bark was over a decade ago and a half ago so Oda paced himself to explore Brook's abilities along the way. With the end of the series in sight, what's Yamao's excuse?
if swift fencing style counts then Yamato being a powerhouse that can blitz and knock out a zoan while Nami has a homing transforming club that couldn't even move a human counts
I'm counting Brook's swordsmanship because it's literally a distinction made in the manga itself. It's not just something I've made up like you did.

Zoro and Ryuma are the "same kinds of swordsmen" as opposed to Brook, who is a different kind.

Brook uses a special sword-breaking technique which Zoro does not. The differences in their fighting style are repeatedly highlighted.

Meanwhile Yamao snuck up Ulti when she was occupied fighting someone else and then she put her down for a few seconds. Something Nami herself has also done by smacking with her baton. Except that Nami's hit also has a special effect alongside it.
pretending damage disparity between being able to hit fodder and Oars level threats isn't a significant difference is disingenuous
Not at all. I can point out differences between straw hats weapons and abilities without simply saying, "But look! this one does more damage!" You can't. And that's precisely the issue.
if carried weapons like Zoro's swords count as a difference between concealed like Brook's then the same difference would exist between Nami and Yamato
No, lol. Brook's concealed weapon is supposed to highlight how Oda put thought into the presentation of his weapon. He didn't just give him any old fodder sword. He gave him a shikomizue. If you had Brook's sword and some random sword next to it, you could easily tell which one belonged to the more important character.

Just like how you can see Nami's sentient, weather manipulating, shapeshifting baton and easily recognise its superiority over Yamao's generic oni club of which there are a million on Onigashima alone.

The point isn't whether it's concealed or not. It's about whether any care was shown to the weapons appearance and use. For example, Zoro carries his swords out in the open, but he fights will all three at once and even carries one in his mouth. That's something special. That's unique. That's the sort of thing you'd expect from a main character. Yamao has none of that.

We'll have to agree to disagree on what is enough difference in fighting prowess and how strength factors in that conversation among the crowd that genuinely thinks there's too much overlap between these.

Let's just say everyone that keeps some track of this thread understands most of these arguments are thinly veiled attempts to civilly counter argue everything related to Yamato to appear rational in (at this point of the story) a hopeless attempt to support Carrot joining but there should be a limit to how petty things can get in the name of character loyalty.

We'll have to agree to disagree on what is enough difference in fighting prowess and how strength factors in that conversation among the crowd that genuinely thinks there's too much overlap between these.
That's fine. I already knew what the answer was when I asked the question. I just hoped that maybe you'd actually realise something during the process of searching for non existent differences. But oh well.
Let's just say everyone that keeps some track of this thread understands most of these arguments are thinly veiled attempts to civilly counter argue everything related to Yamato
No shit, lmao. It's not rocket science. This is a discussion thread. We're here specifically to do things like "civilly counter argue" with one another.
a hopeless attempt to support Carrot joining but there should be a limit to how petty things can get in the name of character loyalty.
Funny how I didn't once need to mention Carrot as a comparison in order for Yamao's unoriginality to be put on full display. But you've helped me in demonstrating that all the same, so thank you.

What the??

Sanji is special because he uses a fighting style in which he only kicks, whilst twirling about on his hands. And how he can set his legs on fire at will. The amount of legs Sanji has has nothing to do with this lmao. Can Franky set his legs on fire or spin about on his hands?
just like yamato and nami having a club. you understood what I said was stupid but you didn't understood it was supid on purpose to show you how you are making no sense.

Do you seriously think Oda gave Nami a power up that lets her change her tact into other melee weapons, only for her to never actually use it again?
her weapon could always be used as a melee weapon but how many times she used it as one?
zeus ability to change the shape of clima tact can be useful in many ways like a lace to tie her enemies, a hook like a thief, a key to open chests, but as a melee weapon it will be useless as now because nami has no physical strength.

Last edited:
When I thought my fellow #furrieswillsavetheworld would die after the latest chapter, here's @dizzy2341 come with storm. At this point the only one I don't sincerely want to be a straw hat is Caribou. Fuck that psycho coward dickhead.

I know I maybe sound bias but yeah I kinda understand dizzy point. From all moment Oda why chose this moment to show Nami's new club in chapter where Yamato declared he will sail with Luffy exclusively. Why club? Oda actually can give her like some people above said "whip, lace, hammer" or even sun wukong staff just in this chapter and won't even draw it again for next 300 chapters.

Now talking about role, I don't want to talk about Carrot since if she joined we'll know what she got. That's undebatable at this point. The debate just she join or not.

At this point role must be forced to Yamato but chronicler sounds too forced for who would join too late.
Apprentice is fine but "apprentice" word personally mean to me someone who unexperienced in such a thing and will learn a particular skillset to master. What will Yamato learn? How to sail? How to lead? How to build up his own armada once SH disbanded? NO
Yamato knows to lead. Yamato knows how to control underlings. Nothing he will learn from SH except cooking if he wanted to be perfect househusband.
When apprentice word is rised among topic, Momo or Tama are the ones who appeared in my mind, not that I support them to join SH tho. Apprentice role is more meaningful to them in terms of story narration. Hell even though I hate him, Momo is in my top 1 list if only Oda talked directly that SH need an apprentice.

Now for the sake of my agenda, SH will go to the space/moon. Why I believe this route? Going Merry is capable going to sky. Sunny have to top that as pirate king ship IMO. What we need? Astronomist? Monet will be back (don't attack me) or ((inserting my own agenda)) mink is one of tribes that influenced by the moon.

Note:
Furries will save the world instead of sideboobs.

Last edited:
just like yamato and nami having a club. you understood what I said was stupid but you didn't understood it was supid on purpose to show you how you are making no sense.
No, lol. I understood what you were attempting to do. I just completely flopped because the comparison makes absolutely no sense.

What you think I'm saying is: "Lol. Franky has legs. Sanji fights with his legs. Therefore Sanji can't join!!" That's not my argument in the slightest.

Yes, Franky may have legs like Sanji, but Franky cannot use Sanji's Black Leg martial arts style. He cannot set his legs on fire. He cannot twirl about on his hands and use solely his feet to attack. So even though they technically have the same weapon (their legs), Sanji's very distinct from Franky since he can use his legs to do far, far more than Franky can. Notice how I'm not just saying, "Lol Sanji kicks harder". Sanji has an entire martial art form that he knows which allows him to do techniques that Franky could never hope to replicate in any way even though he also has legs.

Now tell me, what technique can Yamao do that Nami cannot replicate in any way with her own club? Yamao can swing and hit. Great, so can Nami. Yamao can launch air projectiles from her club. Great, so can Nami.

I can tell you many things Sanji's legs can do that Franky's can't. So tell me something Yamao's club can do that Nami's can't.
her weapon could always be used as a melee weapon but how many times she used it as one?
Multiple. It isn't her main form of fighting since she is physically weak. But Zeus now helps mitigate that weakness since he himself can attack independently with his own force.
Post automatically merged:

When I thought my fellow #furrieswillsavetheworld would die after the latest chapter, here's @dizzy2341 come with storm. At this point the only one I don't sincerely want to be a straw hat is Caribou. Fuck that psycho coward dickhead.
To be completely honest, I didn't even know what a furry was until 2016 when I first started talking about Carrot. But I am by no means the only one that thinks Carrot is going to join. Many Carrot fans are too smart to engage in a shit hole thread like this, but fortunately for them I'm not, so I can argue on their behalf.
I know I maybe sound bias but yeah I kinda understand dizzy point.
They're trying their best to make the argument sound stupid, but as has been plainly demonstrated in the last few posts they've very clearly fail to debunk it so LOL! Either the argument's not stupid, or they're even dumber since they can't debunk a bad argument.
At this point role must be forced to Yamato but chronicler sounds too forced for who would join too late.
Apprentice is fine but "apprentice" word personally mean to me someone who unexperienced in such a thing and will learn a particular skillset to master.
This did make me smile tbh. Seeing people grabbing at any measly crumb they could find to attempt to force Yamao into a role she won't ever need since she won't be joining. Sometimes you get some decent suggestions for other candidates, but both of the roles being presented for Yamao are beyond hilarious.

Yes, the character that joined 90% of the way into their adventure is going to have the role of recording their travels.
:suresure::suresure::suresure:

Or even better. The 28 year old CoC user, daughter of a pirate emperor with immense strength and private information about the world's greatest secrets is going to become the...the...ship apprentice...
:ihaha::cantseeme::cantseeme:

Never mind the fact that if anything there's already a naive 15 year old, whose only heard vague tales about the world who is eager to help and has already been adopted as the little sister of a straw hat. Nah, Oda's definetly gonna go for the grown ass woman who could destroy half the crew without breaking a sweat. THATS our apprentice. xD xD

But don't mind me. Let them keep searching for that role.
Perhaps a lookout can help them find it.

Last edited:
To be completely honest, I didn't even know what a furry was until 2016 when I first started talking about Carrot. But I am by no means the only one that thinks Carrot is going to join. Many Carrot fans are too smart to engage in a shit hole thread like this, but fortunately for them I'm not, so I can argue on their behalf.

They're trying their best to make the argument sound stupid, but as has been plainly demonstrated in the last few posts they've very clearly fail to debunk it so LOL! Either the argument's not stupid, or they're even dumber since they can't debunk a bad argument.

This did make me smile tbh. Seeing people grabbing at any measly crumb they could find to attempt to force Yamao into a role she won't ever need since she won't be joining. Sometimes you get some decent suggestions for other candidates, but both of the roles being presented for Yamao are beyond hilarious.

Yes, the character that joined 90% of the way into their adventure is going to have the role of recording their travels.
:suresure::suresure::suresure:

Or even better. The 28 year old CoC user, daughter of a pirate emperor with immense strength and private information about the world's greatest secrets is going to become the...the...ship apprentice...
:ihaha::cantseeme::cantseeme:

Never mind the fact that if anything there's already a naive 15 year old, whose only heard vague tales about the world who is eager to help and has already been adopted as the little sister of a straw hat. Nah, Oda's definetly gonna go for the grown ass woman who could destroy half the crew without breaking a sweat. THATS our apprentice. xD xD

But don't mind me. Let them keep searching for that role.
Perhaps a lookout can help them find it.
I'm from conservative country so I don't really know that furries can mean such a mockery or even vulgar thing at first time I heard it.

Hell even Carrot being apprentice is more believable 😜😜😜

yes and nami can do a thunder bagua.
No Nami cannot perform the specific attack thunder bagua. But she can pick up a club, swing it and hit someone with it. Which is exactly what Thunder Bagua is at a conceptual level. She may not be strong or fast enough for it to have anywhere near the level of strength that Yamao can produce, but Yamao in turn cannot perform the attack at anywhere near the level of Kaido. Strength is not a significant enough distinction alone when it comes to straw hat techniques.

Oda gives them way more differences in fighting styles than just punching or kicking harder than one another.

Can Franky do this? Again, I'm not talking about the strength of their kicks at all. Could Franky move about like that on his hands and kick people in the fighting style that Sanji can in the GIF above? THIS ^^ Is the Black Leg Style. A special style, unrelated to one's strength. Explain how Yamao fighting style is anything more than just swinging a club hard and fast.
if zeus can change the clima tact to sword maybe we can see nami use shishi sonson on kaido.
Does Nami know one sword style?

Come on guys, let the man bash Yamato, as he can't wank Carrot she hasn't been on screen for a while. Don't worry she's set to appear next chapter maybe but there's no guarantee. Last time was 11 chapters for her to show up again, 995, 1006, 1017, so heads up you never know.. :kayneshrug:
Do you think she will help Luffy in the fight vs Kaido after she saved him from drowning, or she maybe helps Usopp as Peros foreshadowed (told her to eat grass > Usopp fights with plants)? Maybe she showcases her lookout role by letting us know we are getting closer to Wano, as shes in perfect position for that (outside the dome)

Do you think she will help Luffy in the fight vs Kaido after she saved him from drowning, or she maybe helps Usopp as Peros foreshadowed (told her to eat grass > Usopp fights with plants)? Maybe she showcases her lookout role by letting us know we are getting closer to Wano, as shes in perfect position for that (outside the dome)
She probably ate a devil fruit off screen and she's going to fight Kaido with Yamato on the rooftop. That's my guess

Status
Not open for further replies.