Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Why you change her words???
It wasn't a "Let me", Yamato imposed Luffy to be his captains because she couldn't sail with Ace, it wasn't a "Let me ride on your ship" it was a "You should and must take me because I couldn't sail with Ace".

I would have no problem with Yamato if he would have asked the simple "Let me ride" but the way Yamato really did it was bad enough to not like him as a Strawhat candidate...
Post automatically merged:

The diary already had the location of the 4 Phoneglif and we saw it, but now there's one missing phoneglif

And that's why Carrot can stil fight against Kaido with the Mugis.
No need to tease that shit to happen...If she's with the Mugis when the roof falls, then she'll fight against Kaido with the mugis

She literally said "Speaking as Oden, I've followed the proper logic that says as Ace's little brother, you should he giving me a ride on your ship."...

The context is still the same in that she's trying to join Luffy as Oden....

With everyone heading to the live floor, I think it makes way more sense for Kaido (and maybe Yamato) to come down through the roof instead having people head to the roof. It's been teased a few times:

That would be a really simple way of bringing all the Strawhats and Kaido together at once.
How it happens doesn't really matter, although I doubt they'd be fighting inside. The important thing will be who is standing and fighting alongside the straw hat crew. I think that could decide our final crew.

This will be the final team IMO.

That pic is literally cherry-picking from a secondary source to argue for your head canon. Typical fallacy of someone who has no recent primary sources to draw from.

Funny how people use the anime for that when it suits their purpose since the manga doesn’t support it, but where was Carrot when the straw hats were fighting the guards at the Torii gate? Oh, but that fight doesn’t count since the weakling trio weren’t fighting either? Well, why wasn’t she shown hiding with them? Oh, that whole scene of the straw hats attacking together disproves your theory so that part of the anime/manga doesn’t matter. All the straw hats plus Carrot will fight together and Carrot will drop her revenge just because.

Carrot’s not even fighting a beast pirate. She’s still stuck in WCI plots, just like her argument for nakama is still stuck in WCI “evidence.” It would be like someone still arguing for Rebecca or Shirahoshi to be nakama, both of whom have gotten just as much panel time in Wano as Carrot. Any straw hat involved in WCI (Sanji, Jinbei, Nami, Chopper) knew to drop that and focus on the task at hand to support Luffy getting to Kaido. All of them focused specifically on drawing enemies from him (Ulti and Page One) or getting him to the roof ASAP (Jinbei and Sanji). Carrot just dipped, straw hats and Luffy be damned.

I feel a lot of great points have been raised about Carrot lately; dizzy, you actually convincing @Sigran101 that she's still in this is awesome. And I still agree that Yamato isn't a foregone conclusion. Unfortunately, the fact remains that Carrot is still absent, and there's not much left to say to those who are still convinced her return won't be worthwhile. I'd like to propose that those of us who are still in Carrot's camp agree to let the matter rest for now, just until she gets back into the story. I ask that you take that time to recharge and get ready, because I still feel a storm is coming, her moment will come, and I want to face it head-on with you all.

@dizzy2341 , @jmena , @Finalbeta , @Davidsuxx , what say you?

her moment will come
It might but ultimately it won't be enough unless she's focused for a couple chapters and feel like an actual protagonist for once.. Her side Perospero plot isn't much of a '' moment '' in fact she needs a lot more than that..

Do you really believe a future Strawhat would be nearly absent in all of Wano? That's not how Oda treat his main cast

It might but ultimately it won't be enough unless she's focused for a couple chapters and feel like an actual protagonist for once.. Her side Perospero plot isn't much of a '' moment '' in fact she needs a lot more than that..

Do you really believe a future Strawhat would be nearly absent in all of Wano? That's not how Oda treat his main cast
I believe she's being held back, denied her vengeance, for a poignant reason that will lead to understanding Pedro's will. I don't know if it will lead to joining in the end, but I know it'll be worth talking about.

What I'll also ask is that those not for Carrot can keep their comments civil about her. No more grass eater stuff, maybe just leave her out of it while talking about Yamato and all. Let's call it a ceasefire for now and pick it up when Carrot herself is back and ready for more.

Something I never understood that I'd be curious to hear peoples thoughts on: what does Yamato mean by "followed the proper logic"?

Ace only rode on Whitebeard's ship like 15+ years after Oden did, and Ace only met Whitebeard after meeting Yamato. Also, it was Whitebeard's ship that Oden/Ace rode on, so it's not like Ace could have given permission for a passenger anyway.

Last edited:
I feel a lot of great points have been raised about Carrot lately; dizzy, you actually convincing @Sigran101 that she's still in this is awesome. And I still agree that Yamato isn't a foregone conclusion. Unfortunately, the fact remains that Carrot is still absent, and there's not much left to say to those who are still convinced her return won't be worthwhile. I'd like to propose that those of us who are still in Carrot's camp agree to let the matter rest for now, just until she gets back into the story. I ask that you take that time to recharge and get ready, because I still feel a storm is coming, her moment will come, and I want to face it head-on with you all.

Patience is the mother of science they said ;)

Totally get where you're coming from but I'm not actually trying to convince people in this thread. I've been told by multiple lurkers that they really enjoy my posts and look forward to what I have to say and so I'm in large part writing for their benefit as well as other 3rd parties. In truth, whether some people in this thread want to change their mind is completely irrelevant to me since I couldn't care less what they think or say. I know that's not how normal discussions go, but these are hardly normal individuals hence why I just ignore them.

However, I'll now better stick to only bringing up new ideas and won't unnecessarily join in on the same old circular discussions that have gone on for years, even with the worthwhile individuals. And it's as you said, it shouldn't be long before everything makes itself clear and I look forward to a fresh discussion in the future.
:cheers:

Last edited:
I believe she's being held back, denied her vengeance, for a poignant reason that will lead to understanding Pedro's will. I don't know if it will lead to joining in the end, but I know it'll be worth talking about.

What I'll also ask is that those not for Carrot can keep their comments civil about her. No more grass eater stuff, maybe just leave her out of it while talking about Yamato and all. Let's call it a ceasefire for now and pick it up when Carrot herself is back and ready for more.
I think if you tell the Carrot crew to stop calling Yamato a bitch and refering to her as "Yamao" and "Yamatrash", and to leave her out of it while talking about Carrot, the Yamato crew will be more willing to play nice.

I've never called Carrot Grass Eater in this debate, but everybody here knows that it was you guys who started the name calling in the first place, including you Shift, calling Yamato Yamao. Don't go thinking you have any moral high grounds to stand on in trying to give us a lecture while also trying to put the blame solely on us Yamato fans.

Also, this thread is specifically made for discussing next nakama, people are free to discuss whichever next potential straw hat they want, Carrot included.

If you, or any of you, can't bear or stand people calling out or challenging your arguments, you are free to take the discussion into a private chat where you can discuss Yamao and Yamatrash in peace, while us Yamato fans don't need to see whatever Yamao or Yamatrash bullshit you guys like flinging in this thread.

I've also checked the previous pages and the posts in the past few days, and i don't see anyone even calling Carrot grass eater (correct me if i'm wrong), the term hasn't even been used lately, are you sure you're not just bullshitting and making this up with the grass eater accusation??

The only ones who are still calling characters names are you Carrot fans.

Last edited:
I think if you tell the Carrot crew to stop calling Yamato a bitch and refering to her as "Yamao" and "Yamatrash", and to leave her out of it while talking about Carrot, the Yamato crew will be more willing to play nice.
That kinda falls along under the whole "let the matter rest for now" thing. And I'm just asking, not forcing.

That said, I'm all for dropping the insults in general in this thread, to Yamato and Carrot alike, but that's up to more than just me.

Something I never understood that I'd be curious to hear peoples thoughts on: what does Yamato mean by "followed the proper logic"?

Ace only rode on Whitebeard's ship like 15+ years after Oden did, and Ace only met Whitebeard after meeting Yamato. Also, it was Whitebeard's ship that Oden/Ace rode on, so it's not like Ace could have given permission for a passenger anyway.
She mixes stuff on purpose.
Basically, she wanted to be Oden, she saw Ace as her Roger/Whitebeard without knowing that he was Roger´s son. They made a promise that they would sail. Ace died.
Riding with Luffy is based on two things, being Ace´s brother, and saying the same words as Roger.
And in the arc, it will also be liberating her obviously, so at least three layers.

I've never called Carrot Grass Eater in this debate, but everybody here knows that it was you guys who started the name calling in the first place, including you Shift, calling Yamato Yamao. Don't go thinking you have any moral high grounds to stand on in trying to give us a lecture while also trying to put the blame solely on us Yamato fans.
I've already said that Yamao is just as bad, and I haven't called Yamato that in a long time:

How is this any less of a slur than Yamao?
I'm saying let's all give the harping on each other a rest for now. Instead of arguing about who started it, let's agree to end it, again for now. When Carrot's back, pick on her and anyone still on her side all you want.

Last edited:
She mixes stuff on purpose.
Basically, she wanted to be Oden, she saw Ace as her Roger/Whitebeard without knowing that he was Roger´s son. They made a promise that they would sail. Ace died.
Riding with Luffy is based on two things, being Ace´s brother, and saying the same words as Roger.
And in the arc, it will also be liberating her obviously, so at least three layers.
Maybe that's how Yamato felt when Ace left, but Yamato saw what happened at Marineford, so they should at least know that Ace is Roger's son.

Status
Not open for further replies.