Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her character is not that deep to be able to think that much lol. Not does she have the power to do anything nor is she gonna ask Luffy to take own BMPs for Pedro’s sake.
Well she definitely has desires and I bet Oda will probably let her fullfil those by asking Luffy to stay longer and Luffy will definitely not say no. 🤔

Well she definitely has desires and I bet Oda will probably let her fullfil those by asking Luffy to stay longer and Luffy will definitely not say no. 🤔
No, she has never showed such desire beyond taking out Peros. Luffy is done with the BMPs. BM is probably gonna be taken down this arc if not the only fight we gonna see against BMP is Luffy vs BM. There’s no point to make by taken down her crew. Kata is hinted to be the next leader of the remaining members. Not even mention that Luffy would never go out of his way to defeat a whole pirate crew just to achieve something that’s already fulfilled. Let’s imagine Luffy agrees to this non-existing scenario… what’s Carrot’s role defeat a lower member of the crew? It’s a waste of panel time just for the sake of irrelevant character.
Post automatically merged:

You feel like she will be content with Pero being done for or wish the entire BMP roster to be vanquished? 🤔
It’s content that the reason of Pedro’s death is done for we don’t need more.

You can really just reverse that shit on him… Carrot will choose to stay on Zou lol.
his logic goes like:
Carrot: I wanna go to the sea! The sea is a wonderland! (Just once)
His logic: that’s it! Carrot will join the Straw Hats specifically!

Yamato: I wanna leave Wano to the sea with Luffy! I want to get stronger! (More than 3 times)
Also his logic: no! Yamato is going to stay! She says that to divert the plot!

talk about the obvious double standard.:kaidowhat:

No, she has never showed such desire beyond taking out Peros. Luffy is done with the BMPs. BM is probably gonna be taken down this arc if not the only fight we gonna see against BMP is Luffy vs BM. There’s no point to make by taken down her crew. Kata is hinted to be the next leader of the remaining members. Not even mention that Luffy would never go out of his way to defeat a whole pirate crew just to achieve something that’s already fulfilled. Let’s imagine Luffy agrees to this non-existing scenario… what’s Carrot’s role defeat a lower member of the crew? It’s a waste of panel time just for the sake of irrelevant character.

It’s content that the reason of Pedro’s death is done for we don’t need more.
Do we read the same manga?

Are you really suggesting that Carrot never cared about avenging Pedro's death? Because this is what you are literally implicating man. Maybe you didn't realize it.

And if she does I mean, what would stop her from asking Luffy to stay? Is Luffy the kind of man to say no to such request?

Carrot stans really need to be focusing their energy on pro Carrot stuff instead of anti Yamato tbh. Yamato for nakama could definitively die next chapter and Carrot's chances would still be in the pits. She'd still have an upward hill battle against Law, Tama, and Vivi at the very least. Yamato is not her biggest obstacle by a long shot. It's the way she's been completely sidelined and had her plot resolved off panel by a non-strawhat.

this has been discussed before, but let me mention it again: it is irrational for Oden, a Poneglyph writer and reader, wrote anything about One Piece, Laugh Tale, Void Century, etc. in a journal (which is scrap pieces of paper), with normal language. I suggest normal language since everybody can read it and at the front of the journal is clearly written in Japanese kanji & hiragana.

there is not a single mention about One Piece, Laugh Tale, etc. in Oden’s journal. It’s just that Yamato said that the journal has “very important information.” Oden put One Piece info in a journal, which can be destroyed easily, sounds ridiculous. Also if Oden did, which I doubt he did, it would’ve destroyed the purpose of the entire Poneglyph steles, especially Road Poneglyph, and would’ve destroyed Robin’s purpose as the sole Poneglyph reader. Also if that were true, means that now Momonosuke could have also known One Piece location.

and another counter argument is: Luffy spent 2 years of training with Rayleigh, yet Luffy doesn’t even know a single info about One Piece. If Oden journal did have One Piece information, Luffy could’ve just simply ask Yamato not to tell him. This case is pretty much closed

Also if you want to bring the goroawase theory, why don’t you also bring another obvious theory, which is the alphabet theory? So far no Straw Hats have same initial letter.
Luffy Zoro Nami Usopp Sanji Chopper Robin Franky Brook Jinbe

LZNUSCRFBJ. They have Chopper already, whose name has initial letter C, same as Carrot. Even Vivi & Karuu, honorary Straw Hats, their initial letters don’t collide with currently existing Straw Hats.
:kayneshrug:
You can’t be seriously comparing a random ass theory like that to the one I mentioned above💀. What is even funnier is that Carrot & Chopper are not the same alphabet in Japanese :catsweat:

Ur counter arguments to the journal point are also very weak 😓.
To address the weakest one ^^’. Luffy clearly told Rayleigh 2 years ago that he didn’t want to know anything about OP. So Luffy training with him for 2 years is irrelevant. Moreover Ray isn’t and was never a nakama candidate so this argument is moot. On the second one, so bcoz the journal is not written in moss code or some shit like that, it doesn’t contain any important info 💀. Well as ridiculous as I think that argument is, even if I were to assume u were right (hypothetically speaking), there is evidence in the manga that suggests otherwise. For one, Yamato knew about the big names of the young generation gathering on Wano in 20 years & also about the war that was gonna happen to take back Wano. Momonosuke was also able to find out his purpose/mission in life from that journal. So it does contain important info. If Kaido was able to get his hands on that journal he’d have been better prepared for the war happening atm.
The notion that the journal doesn’t contain any information pertaining to Raftel or ONE PIECE is nothing short of wishful thinking.

Luffy can simply ask Yamato not to tell him?💀
So Oda is gonna have to go through the hectic process of letting Luffy find out that Yamato has read Oden’s journal have him reject her and then let her join under the condition that she’ll promise not to say anything 😓. It’s kinda like having an admiral join the SHs under the condition that he’d hold back so they don’t travel on easy mode:catsweat:. Well as a Yamato fan, I can’t really fault u for thinking that way but a neutral will tell you it sounds mendokusai (i.e a pain in the ass) asf & is wishful thinking :catsweat:

:cheers:

Does carrot even have a named attack?
She has Elektro and every other Mink shares the move with her lol. The Mink Kings have gotten more unique moves than her.

Meanwhile Yamato has:

- Thunder Bagua
- Narikabura Arrow
- Divine White Serpent
- Namuji Glacier Fang
- Mirror Mountain
- Hallowed Glacier Slash

In the few chapters she's been around, far more than any secondary character in Wano.

Honestly one of carrots worst detractors, she has nothing highlighting a unique identity. Everything she does is carbon copied from someone of her race.

Do we read the same manga?

Are you really suggesting that Carrot never cared about avenging Pedro's death? Because this is what you are literally implicating man. Maybe you didn't realize it.

And if she does I mean, what would stop her from asking Luffy to stay? Is Luffy the kind of man to say no to such request?
I never said she didn’t care about avenging lol. Her revenge has been fulfilled Pero’s out of commission. How did it go from Pedro to the whole BMP? We don’t have time to waste of going through the BMP again especially for Carrot.

Carrot stans really need to be focusing their energy on pro Carrot stuff instead of anti Yamato tbh. Yamato for nakama could definitively die next chapter and Carrot's chances would still be in the pits. She'd still have an upward hill battle against Law, Tama, and Vivi at the very least. Yamato is not her biggest obstacle by a long shot. It's the way she's been completely sidelined and had her plot resolved off panel by a non-strawhat.
If Carrot loses out to Tama for instance, I’d be disappointed but I won’t be mad 🤷🏾‍♂️
Like you’ve said Tama is also a very strong nakama candidate & unlike Yamato none of the reasons I mentioned above really affect her. Hell she even matches the DF pattern theory above.
That said, in the case that Tama does join the SHs, the likelihood that she joins as an apprentice is much higher so Carrot still has a strong chance of joining as the 10th crew mate.

Lastly u say Yamato is the least of Carrot’s worries and I agree :catsweat: but WG obviously thinks otherwise if that poll is anything to go by.

If Carrot loses out to Tama for instance, I’d be disappointed but I won’t be mad 🤷🏾‍♂️
Like you’ve said Tama is also a very strong nakama candidate & unlike Yamato none of the reasons I mentioned above really affect her. Hell she even matches the DF pattern theory above.
That said, in the case that Tama does join the SHs, the likelihood that she joins as an apprentice is much higher so Carrot still has a strong chance of joining as the 10th crew mate.

Lastly u say Yamato is the least of Carrot’s worries and I agree :catsweat: but WG obviously thinks otherwise if that poll is anything to go by.
I mean I agree with the pole. Yamato is far more likely than Carrot. I just think Carrot is so unlikely that she still has almost no chance even if Yamato somehow doesn't make it.

You can’t be seriously comparing a random ass theory like that to the one I mentioned above💀. What is even funnier is that Carrot & Chopper are not the same alphabet in Japanese :catsweat:

Ur counter arguments to the journal point are also very weak 😓.
To address the weakest one ^^’. Luffy clearly told Rayleigh 2 years ago that he didn’t want to know anything about OP. So Luffy training with him for 2 years is irrelevant. Moreover Ray isn’t and was never a nakama candidate so this argument is moot. On the second one, so bcoz the journal is not written in moss code or some shit like that, it doesn’t contain any important info 💀. Well as ridiculous as I think that argument is, even if I were to assume u were right (hypothetically speaking), there is evidence in the manga that suggests otherwise. For one, Yamato knew about the big names of the young generation gathering on Wano in 20 years & also about the war that was gonna happen to take back Wano. Momonosuke was also able to find out his purpose/mission in life from that journal. So it does contain important info. If Kaido was able to get his hands on that journal he’d have been better prepared for the war happening atm.
The notion that the journal doesn’t contain any information pertaining to Raftel or ONE PIECE is nothing short of wishful thinking.

Luffy can simply ask Yamato not to tell him?💀
So Oda is gonna have to go through the hectic process of letting Luffy find out that Yamato has read Oden’s journal have him reject her and then let her join under the condition that she’ll promise not to say anything 😓. It’s kinda like having an admiral join the SHs under the condition that he’d hold back so they don’t travel on easy mode:catsweat:. Well as a Yamato fan, I can’t really fault u for thinking that way but a neutral will tell you it sounds mendokusai (i.e a pain in the ass) asf & is wishful thinking :catsweat:

:cheers:
Still, you can’t deny the fact that no Straw Hats have same initial letter in their romanized name. If you really think about Chopper & Carrot don’t have the same alphabet in Japanese and think of it as strong evidence (which is totally ridiculous; but not surprising if Carrot fans trying to look clever while they’re not), then Robin shouldn’t join since Luffy is ルフィ in Japanese katakana. With the fact that Robin joins while her katakana name starts with R, same like Luffy, means that Oda thinks that romanized names are more important than the Japanese names.

then when and where is the exact evidence that Oden’s journal contains “important information” which you suggest as One Piece? Or is it just in your delusional mind as a counter argument for Yamato?

isn’t it the other way around that Carrot fans trying hard to cope with her irrelevance by bringing SBS related stuffs in which Oda mostly answers jokingly? Again, Carrot fans are the whole circus. Heck, I don’t even think I have to win an argument with a circus as I think it’s not a great achievement. Thankfully it’s Oda who creates One Piece, not you; whose wishful thinking is to make an irrelevant character as a nakama, by bringing SBS related shit as a strong argument. So, keep coping

Last edited:
Wishful thinking is backing up a mediocre character for future strawhat when they will never be central to the story.

Oden somehow learned about the truth of 800 years ago at Laughtale which his clan has been protecting for all these generations and simply decided to carelessly write everything down in his journal for anyone to find just because, when he didn't even tell any of his trusted retainers or anyone about it.. Oden's kept a journal to highlight his adventures, not some hidden recipes..

If Yamato is meant to join, the journal will be of no consequence to Raftel and One Piece, and mostly Wano reveals..
There are no deal breaker for Yamato as of yet, only small hints that she could stay in Wano..

Still, you can’t deny the fact that no Straw Hats have same initial letter in their romanized name. If you really think about Chopper & Carrot don’t have the same alphabet in Japanese and think of it as strong evidence (which is totally ridiculous; but not surprising if Carrot fans trying to look clever while they’re not), then Robin shouldn’t join since Luffy is ルフィ in Japanese katakana. With the fact that Robin joins while her katakana name starts with R, same like Luffy, means that Oda thinks that romanized names are more important than the Japanese names.
What are u even arguing here ^^". You were the one who brought up the alphabet theory lol
Then u proceed to dig urself into another hole with the Robin/Luffy argument :josad:
I don't really enjoy picking on people so I won't take u up on that 🙏🏿

then when and where is the exact evidence that Oden’s journal contains “important information” which you suggest as One Piece? Or is it just in your delusional mind as a counter argument for Yamato?
That is not the point though ^^". Your argument is that there is no way that there is important info about OP in Oden's journal coz it is written in hiragana which imo is wishful thinking given we know for a fact that it contains important info and have been told about some of that important info that was contained within the journal. Information which could've significantly changed the outcome of even the current Wano war if it fell into Kaido's hands.

isn’t it the other way around that Carrot fans trying hard to cope with her irrelevance by bringing SBS related stuffs in which Oda mostly answers jokingly? Again, Carrot fans are the whole circus. Heck, I don’t even think I have to win an argument with a circus as I think it’s not a great achievement. Thankfully it’s Oda who creates One Piece, not you; whose wishful thinking is to make an irrelevant character as a nakama, by bringing SBS related shit as a strong argument. So, keep coping

You know what I'm not even surprised :milaugh:but don't flatter urself, you can't even bring up coherent points much less win an argument:catsweat:.

For the journal you just have to ask “is there anything at all for Oda to gain by introducing a handbook that explains every one of the great One Piece mysteries?”

And the answer to that is no. The journal will certainly have at least one big info drop equal to “Shirahoshi is the Ancient Weapon Poseidon”, but there’s absolutely no reason to think that Oda’s introduced something that has literally everything about One Piece written down on it. Because there’s no point in introducing something like that up. Why would Oda want to have a journal that remders the entire trip to Laugh Tale moot? Why would he neeed Yamato to have the exact same level of info as a Roger Pirate/endgame Strawhat?

Status
Not open for further replies.