Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
isnt sanjuan called ''colossal battleship'' or something and isnt yamato named after a literal battleship? her height even matches that of the actual battleship.

2.63 m vs 263 m

so yea there you have your anwser
Some info: yamato's original name was supposed to be Ninigi (and she was supposed to be a fan of Oden, this part didn't change), it's written on her vivre card (some guy on twitter translated it). So I don't think Sanjuan and her was on Oda's mind as the future opponents.

Last edited:
Luffy vs BB
Zoro vs Shiryu
Nami vs Devon
Usopp vs Auger
Sanji vs 10th captain
Chopper vs Doc Q
Robin vs Vasco
Franky vs Sanjuan
Brook vs Laffiette
Jinbe vs Burgess
Carrot vs Avalo

Most of these are obvious, but Sanji, Robin are the ones most up for debate.

-The 10th captain needs to be exceptionally strong, even for the BB pirates in order to excuse their lateness. From a storytelling perspective it would be underwhelming if they were just another random member, introduced separately from all the others. They've got to be something special to be considered worthwhile after having arrived late. Makes sense for this new mysterious powerful member to then face Sanji. As a member of the M3, his EoS match up needs to be a cut above the rest of the crew outside Luffy and Zoro.

-Robin fights really only work if her opponent is huge cuz otherwise it would be over in seconds. Vasco Shot kinda has that priest Yama vibe about him, being a fugly fatty and all.

-As for Carrot, Pizarro has a cat theme. Which type of cat, we don't know. But he's also called the corrupt king so perhaps he might have the long awaited lion zoan (king of the jungle), or some mythical variant. The Nemean lion was the child of the moon goddess. Good match for Carrot in Sulong known as the "moon lion". His hair also bears some resemblance to a lions mane. Not to mention Carrot fights with gauntlets which Pizarro also wears.

Luffy vs BB
Zoro vs Shiryu
Nami vs Devon
Usopp vs Auger
Sanji vs 10th captain
Chopper vs Doc Q
Robin vs Vasco
Franky vs Sanjuan
Brook vs Laffiette
Jinbe vs Burgess
Carrot vs Avalo

-The 10th captain needs to be exceptionally strong, even for the BB pirates in order to excuse their lateness. From a storytelling perspective it would be underwhelming if they were just another random member, introduced separately from all the others. They've got to be something special to be considered worthwhile after having arrived late. Makes sense for this new mysterious powerful member to then face Sanji. As a member of the M3, his EoS match up needs to be a cut above the rest of the crew outside Luffy and Zoro.

-Robin fights really only work if her opponent is huge cuz otherwise it would be over in seconds. Vasco Shot kinda has that priest Yama vibe about him, being a fugly fatty and all.

-As for Carrot, Pizarro has a cat theme. Which type of cat, we don't know. But he's also called the corrupt king so perhaps he might have the long awaited lion zoan (king of the jungle), or some mythical variant. The Nemean lion was the child of the moon goddess. Good match for Carrot in Sulong known as the "moon lion". His hair also bears some resemblance to a lions mane. Not to mention Carrot fights with gauntlets which Pizarro also wears.

Man the discussion is pretty much dead huh?

You know its bad when the Yamato won't join and Carrot will join arguments are now solely reduced to things outside the manga. Things like Oden's journal and who's better suited to fight a BB pirate are pretty empty arguments that have no real weight to them.

Yamato having read Oden's journal doesn't mean spit. There was a possibility before of Yamato spoiling something to Luffy, but she already returned the journal to Momo, pretty much signifying that the journal's role had ended and it was nothing but smoke and mirrors. That argument is already dead. The journal's sole purpose was for Momo to understand why he can't die just yet (something that Oda himself still hasn't bothered to reveal and explain it himself), it has nothing to do with Yamato. With the journal returned, Luffy can't even rip the journal apart in front of Yamato to voice his displeasure of Yamato joining. The tool just isn't there for this scenario to play out anymore. And don't tell me that Yamato is gonna tell Luffy that he read Oden's journal and then Luffy won't allow her to join the crew- that already happened in the attic and Luffy never said no. There is no point in having Luffy say no now, its too late now and we're already well beyond that point, story telling wise it achieves absolutely nothing.

Carrot being more suited to fight a BB Pirate (whoever it may be), is also a weak argument that has never gotten more credible as the Wano Arc has progressed. Carrot couldn't even beat Perospero in a tag team who wasn't even a beast pirate. If she couldn't even do that what's the argument that she's strong enough to fight a titanic captain? Yamato meanwhile blitzed Ulti and can clash with Kaido. Every single straw hat in the Wano arc thus far have feats or have won in a fight from a prominent beast pirate, be it a topi roppo, a calamity or Kaido himself. This also includes Yamato-having fought not one but two prominent beast pirates-Ulti and Kaido himself, making her tied with the Monster Trio (Luffy fought Ulti and Kaido, Zoro fought King and Kaido, Sanji fought Queen and Page One). Yet Carrot is the only one left who hasn't fought anyone important from the beast pirates. If Carrot is the next straw hat why isn't she contributing anything important to Luffy and the Straw Hat crew's victory over Kaido and the Beast Pirates like a Straw Hat should? The Beast Pirates are the most powerful enemies the Straw Hats have ever faced and their defeat will also be the crew's most important victory thus far in the entire story, but Carrot isn't a part of it?? Carrot has been so insignificant in the Wano Arc that she most likely can't even attract CP0's attention to get a bounty. That's not a good sign for a Straw Hat joining the crew post time skip and this late into the story. I can't imagine Carrot going up against a BB Pirate (whoever it may be), and he or she not even knowing who Carrot is, that would be embarrassing to say the least.

Arguments like these are all just speculative and are as credible as Sanji vs Katakuri or Sanji vs King. You can give as many reasons as you like in these kind of arguments, but at the end of the day at most its all just wishful thinking because there just isn't good precedent and reason for it to happen in the manga. The necessary buildup and evidence just isn't there.

Luffy vs BB
Zoro vs Shiryu
Nami vs Devon
Usopp vs Auger
Sanji vs 10th captain
Chopper vs Doc Q
Robin vs Vasco
Franky vs Sanjuan
Brook vs Laffiette
Jinbe vs Burgess
Carrot vs Avalo

Or it could be cat vs dog with Avalo vs Yamato. That's a much stronger connection than a esoteric title tie in when Carrot is mich more a rabbit than she is a lion. Thanks for another Yamato for Nakama argument!

Dont seems like Oden have writed what the OP is in the logbook, so o dont see what the problem with the logbook info.

And after Wano the SH will get a lot of info from the six Poneglyphs (2 from WCI, 1 from Onigashima, 1 from Shogun Castle, Kaido Road and BM Road) in what probably will be the biggest info reveal we will get until Laftel itself, so a lot of critical info that is in Oden logbook Oda could put in those Poneglyphs to make that become common knowlodge between the SH.

If momo ends up joining i doubt yamato will too. Same way the other way too
I can see yamato leading the beast pirates remnants as well as keeping wano safe while momo is away
maybe I missed something, but is there any specific page where Momo made a declaration that he will set sail and leave Wano? Because as long as I can remember, he has said multiple times that “I’m going to be Wano’s shogun!” Not “I’m going to set sail out of Wano!”

on the other hand, it’s Yamato who stated multiple times that she wants to “set sail to the seas, want to be free and get stronger”; particularly setting sail with Luffy. Or is there any page in manga pointing that Yamato said she will lead the remnants of Beast Pirates? Again, as long as I can remember I haven’t seen Yamato made a statement “I want to set sail and make my own Pirate crew!”

I’m honestly curious what and where is the exact proof, clue, or evidence pointing to Momo leaving Wano instead of staying and be the rightful shogun of Wano.

To be fair, we all know if Carrot joins the crew, Chopper is going to make a moon dust pill or some shit that lets Carrot go Su Long whenever.
If that’s the case, it’s true then that Carrot is female Chopper. Even worse, that she is depending on the pills to go Sulong form. Heck, Chopper has more forms, and not always depending on rumble ball to change forms

There is a clear difference of treatment between those two reveal. denying that is naive .. at best. If you want to play, i'm gonna play.

Carrot was there to showcase the abilities of the Minks in a winning scenario of course the Sulong ability that was already mention by the dukes (who said they would have dominated the invaders who almost wipe out the country) to be a massive transformation, would be a dramatic reveal

Its the power up that gives an entire side of our army a fighting chance

Where as Yamato is just apart of her combat list, its an ability but doesn't need to be over blown, especially because she is put in a situation that even she herself said she wouldn't win

So putting an unnecessary amount of hype behind a reveal just for her to inevitably lose would be pointless

Which is why she showcased her abilities in the fight against a foe she wouldn't beat but still showed she was capable, showing her ability without undermining them because she already recognized she is fighting a loosing fight

Where as Carrot Sulong was over exaggerated and then proceeded to disable ships and beat fodder making her ability come off as just that powerful

The context to the reveals matter, its lends nothing to their candidacy as a new crew member, if that were the case then Dalton would have joined the crew given how his Zoan was revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.