Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brook wouldn't be able to do anything against the power of Sulong even with his immunity against electricity, Carrot is just too strong. One thing to note about Brook is that is is fast on short distance that's why he always attack in one swoop.

Same with Robin.. That's wouldn't be over fast at all against Carrot. Remember Sulong Carrot's outspeed anyone (beside maybe Sanji), don't forget that,; plus Carrot is a brawler, that type of attack would only be fatal by the numbers. That's why Carrot, even if it's difficult, would have a shot against Robin.

For Jinbe.. Again.. Speed. Jinbe can't keep up with Carrot's speed. If he is unable to hit or grab her (Electro), he would be unable to bit Carrot. Of course, one or two strong hit would be very dangerous for Carrot (and even tho I'm not so sure with Sulong), but the moment Carrot outspeed Jinbe, Carrot has complete free room over him. That's why, with a good context ( a complete and continued Full moon) Carrot do as a shot against Jinbe. It would be a very long fight, but not impossible.

Concerning Sanji, it's just a question of time. It could be 1h, 5hours or a entire day, Carrot would still have the shot.

We must never forget the context in the match up and every bit of capacities of the cahracters.. that's why Usopp can beat Perona but noone else (even Luffy)

That's something I talked about earlier. Yamato's shot in term of Narration is now. Her potential will only be flesh out now, not later as it would be a redondance.

Yamato don't need the sea to experience Freedom, she only needs to get rid of her dad.
There is literally no narrative basis for assuming Carrot's su long is this strong. All we know is that it's fast enough to evade Daifuku, but not strong enough to beat Peros in a 2v1. Keep in mind that base Carrot struggles with individual homies. Also it only lasts for a few minutes and leaves her vulnerable to the point that any strawhat instant wins once it's gone. I'm sorry, but this just comes across as super biased.

There is literally no narrative basis for assuming Carrot's su long is this strong. All we know is that it's fast enough to evade Daifuku, but not strong enough to beat Peros in a 2v1. Keep in mind that base Carrot struggles with individual homies. Also it only lasts for a few minutes and leaves her vulnerable to the point that any strawhat instant wins once it's gone. I'm sorry, but this just comes across as super biased.
do not forget when confronting the oars like creature Carrot started to freakout. While Luffy, Yamato, Brook, x drake, and Franky were easily able to deal with them with one shot.

The homioe are not a good coparison as Carrot got rid of them easily. Plus . I'm not putting Carrot as an incredible strong force here, just enough to make good damage. Don't forget that Carrot is already a brawler, we might not have seen her full strenght yet, she is aslmost on Pedro's level and I'm not even talking about Sulong. We are talking about the power of a 300/400 M bounty here, not a 100M. Here, I'm not putting her above in term of speed but in term of context, if the context is good, Carrot as a shot in alsmost all situation beside Luffy and Zoro.

Never forget the context in One Piece.

The only way Jinbe can beat Carrot under the moonlight if he is fast enough to strike her were she is not. It's likely, not a certainty.
Same for Robin (Rapidity) , Chopper (Strenght) and Franky (mobility).
Post automatically merged:

do not forget when confronting the oars like creature Carrot started to freakout. While Luffy, Yamato, Brook, x drake, and Franky were easily able to deal with them with one shot.
Carrot has never seen Scary Giant before that. Of course she will be scared. But that's not a representation of her lack of strenght just her lack of knowledge. Don't forget that she encountered a giant forces once, and was pretty excited about it. Carrot is just fully experimenting her adventure.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
That's logical, both character are incarnating the failed result of a bad choice of parenting.. but most of all.. they are both representing Hype and Hope.

While there might be strong commanders in both crew.. Both the Big Mom pirates and the Beast Pirate are looking up to Katakuri and Yamato respectively.

There are reason to believe that with Kaido being defeated.. the flying six will implode (if they are not arrested before that) those are free spirits, without Kaido, those spirits will flee the F*** out. Which will leave on Kaido's side, the entire army AND some of the numbers. With the army under the influence of Tama and Yamato having a great deal of influence over them.. Yamato would be the logical heir to the responsibility over the beast Pirates.
There's not a single Beast Pirate executive who looks up to Yamato the same way the Big Mom Pirates' look up to Katakuri. King is the Katakuri of the Beast Pirates, Yamato has no role to play there - neither has she shown the willingness to lead the Beast Pirates, nor have the Beast Pirates looked up to Yamato as a leader.

Even Kaido wants her to be the puppet Shogun of New Onigashima. Not the heir to his empire.

Last edited:
The homioe are not a good coparison as Carrot got rid of them easily. Plus . I'm not putting Carrot as an incredible strong force here, just enough to make good damage. Don't forget that Carrot is already a brawler, we might not have seen her full strenght yet, she is aslmost on Pedro's level and I'm not even talking about Sulong. We are talking about the power of a 300/400 M bounty here, not a 100M. Here, I'm not putting her above in term of speed but in term of context, if the context is good, Carrot as a shot in alsmost all situation beside Luffy and Zoro.

Never forget the context in One Piece.

The only way Jinbe can beat Carrot under the moonlight if he is fast enough to strike her were she is not. It's likely, not a certainty.
Same for Robin (Rapidity) , Chopper (Strenght) and Franky (mobility).

Carrot has never seen Scary Giant before that. Of course she will be scared. But that's not a representation of her lack of strenght just her lack of knowledge. Don't forget that she encountered a giant forces once, and was pretty excited about it. Carrot is just fully experimenting her adventure.
Now if you'd asked me if Carrot had a shot against other cahracter like the flying six for example..

Sasaki would be pretty impossible.. not enough firepower.. Black Maria would have hard time against Carrot.. Ulti would actually be quite the fight.. Page one seems a little too OP for Carrot.. Xdrake is too strong.. and page one, as the opposite of Jinbe would actually be the biggest threat to Carrot.

There's not a single Beast Pirate executive who looks up to Yamato the same way the Big Mom Pirates' look up to Katakuri. King is the Katakuri of the Beast Pirates, Yamato has no role to play there - neither has she shown the willingness to lead the Beast Pirates, nor have the Beast Pirates looked up to Yamato as a leader.

Even Kaido wants her to be the puppet Shogun of the New Onigashima. Not as the heir to his empire.
King is not the Katakuri of the beast Pirate, not even narratively. King is a strong fighter, yes, but only a a remnant of Kaido's influence on the crew. Once Kaido is gone, so will King and his most loyal men.

When I'm talking about looking up, you are right, I should talk more about respect.

Yamato as every role to play as a leader here.

And we are not talking about winllingness but responsibility. In other word, a way to reedeem the parents sin. This works BOTH way, with Katakuri AND with Yamato.

That is why I was saying to close this thread as it mainly consist of carrot fan vs yamato fans debate 99% and nothing else :seriously:
Note that what I'm talking about here tonight is not a Yamato vs Carrot thing. It goes much deeper than that.

plot twist : former marine join luffy crewmate as troll move by oda instead of Yamato
Don't poke the beast :josad:

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
King is not the Katakuri of the beast Pirate, not even narratively
Yes he is. Marco/King/Katakuri are all the Right Hand Men of their Yonkou. Oda established this pretty clearly and has explored the relationship between Kaidou and his first mate in the recent chapters.

Or are you gonna ignore all the obvious parallels between the two?

Once Kaido is gone, so will King and his most loyal men.

When I'm talking about looking up, you are right, I should talk more about respect.

Yamato as every role to play as a leader here.

And we are not talking about winllingness but responsibility. In other word, a way to reedeem the parents sin. This works BOTH way, with Katakuri AND with Yamato.
Lmao. Even in terms of respect, not even the Flying 6 respect Yamato.

The comparision is literally stuff of headcanons - Katakuri has a responsibility to look after his siblings. Yamato owes nothing to the Beast Pirates, nothing whatsoever.

Yes he is. Marco/King/Katakuri are all the Right Hand Men of their Yonkou. Oda established this pretty clearly and has explored the relationship between Kaidou and his first mate in the recent chapters.

Or are you gonna ignore all the obvious parallels between the two?

Lmao. Even in terms of respect, not even the Flying 6 respect Yamato.

The comparision is literally stuff of headcanons - Katakuri has a responsibility to look after his siblings. Yamato owes nothing to the Beast Pirates, nothing whatsoever.
Oda has been establishing King has the right hand man of Kaido, the commander. Narratively he has only the title of Commander in comparison to Katakuri.

Katakuri and King are two completely different characters, both by their place in the narration and in their relationship to their captain.

Don't just think because their are a lot of fanart and a good looking design, that the two protagonist are similar. That would be putting a rock right in your eyes (get it ?)

Again, the real parrallels are not between KIng and Katakuri, but between Katakuri and Yamato.

---

Concerning the flying six, they don't respect Yamato, and I made that pretty clear in my post by saying that this group will actually implode the moment Kaido will be on the run again or worse..

The comparisons I'm making are based on actual themes, constructions and storylines of the story. The parrallel your are holding on to, is based on a fanbase hype, nothing more. Again.. When I'm making storytelling takes, those are pretty solid.

The only question mark is the future of those protagonist, will they both set sail ? Will they take responsibility ? Will they join Luffy later in the story ? Right now, all the option are good to take.

And remember. We are in the Yonko Saga. It's litterally the Mom and Dad story. So don't look so surprised when I'm making parrallel between the strong Son and the strong Daughter.

Last edited:

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Katakuri and King are two completely different characters, both by their place in the narration and in their relationship to their captain.

Don't just think because their are a lot of fanart and a good looking design, that the two protagonist are similar. That would be putting a rock right in your eyes (get it ?)

Again, the real parrallels are not between KIng and Katakuri, but between Katakuri and Yamato.
Brudda did you even read the recent chapters?

How both of them have their own insecurities regarding their appearance, how they reacted when their appearance was revealed etc? Even the two fights had similar paneling, similar moves and narration at parts.

These are canon parallels which are better than your fan fiction about Yamato and Katakuri both taking over their respective parent's empires, when Yamato explicitly denies wanting to do so.

Concerning the flying six, they don't respect Yamato, and I made that pretty clear in my post by saying that this group will actually implode the moment Kaido will be on the run again or worse..

The comparisons I'm making are based on actual themes, constructions and storylines of the story. The parrallel your are holding on to, is based on a fanbase hype, nothing more. Again.. When I'm making storytelling takes, those are pretty solid.

The only question mark is the future of those protagonist, will they both set sail ? Will they take responsibility ? Will they join Luffy later in the story ? Right now, all the option are good to take.
So who's Yamato gonna lead? The gifters that Tama already controls, the Pleasures who have turned coats after Chopper saved them or the peanut gallery who're all probably either dead or running away?

I say once again, Katakuri has a responsibility to look after his family who are the main executives and form the backbone of the BMP.

Yamato owes nothing to the Beast Pirates whatsoever, even more so when all the Flying 6 and the Calamities - the executives and the structure of the Beast Pirates - either run off or are arrested post Kaido's defeat.

This... Aside from the fact that it can only be used during a full moon... But even without the moon restriction, even the "greater" minks like Sicilian fell fighting Jack's troops on the rooftop... What can we expect from Carrot?

That is why I was saying to close this thread as it mainly consist of carrot fan vs yamato fans debate 99% and nothing else :seriously:
We tried to bring up other points of discussion, but yeah, they're not interested and goes back to Franky vs. Paulie in Thriller Bark 2.0 (yes, not the Enies Lobby or Water 7 version)...

plot twist : former marine join luffy crewmate as troll move by oda instead of Yamato
:endthis:

The thing is, he only read mostly WCI arc...

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
The Son - Daughter Parallel is actually between Ace & Yamato if you ask me.

How a good parent (Yonkou Whitebeard) formed a bond with his child (Ace), the biological son of his rival (Roger) and how a bad parent (Yonkou Kaidou) ruined his bond with his biological child (Yamato), who looked up to his rival (Oden).

Further reinforced with Yamato being the "Ace" card of Kaidou's crew with King & Queen sharing a lot of parallels with Marco & Jozu. And Kaidou and Whitebeard being the two Yonkous who hold World's Strongest Titles.

Katakuri and Yamato have literally nothing in common except being the children of two Yonkou.

How both of them have their own insecurities regarding their appearance, how they reacted when their appearance was revealed etc? Even the two fights had similar paneling, similar moves and narration at parts.

These are canon parallels which are better than your fan fiction about Yamato and Katakuri both taking over their respective parent's empires, when Yamato explicitly denies wanting to do so.
You are comparing two different things, when there is insecurity in the eys of Katakuri, this is a will of survival for King, not insecurity, this has nothing to do with what Katakuri has experienced.

No, there are no canon parallels between the two but the fan hype. Don't mix up the fan theories with the construction of the story. And again, I'm putting my reasonning on the bases of both the narration, the themes and the characterizations of said characters. Not on the hype or made believe ressemblance.

You should know that stories tends to favor narratives that the characters actually don't want to follow at first . There are reason to believe because of Kaido's sin and the impact it had on Yamato, that Yamato could actually start to repear her Dad's actions. Starting with Wano.

So who's Yamato gonna lead? The gifters that Tama already controls, the Pleasures who have turned coats after Chopper saved them or the peanut gallery who're all probably either dead or running away?

I say once again, Katakuri has a responsibility to look after his family who are the main executives and form the backbone of the BMP.

Yamato owes nothing to the Beast Pirates whatsoever, even more so when all the Flying 6 and the Calamities - the executives and the structure of the Beast Pirates - either run off or are arrested post Kaido's defeat.
Who Yamato is gonna lead? All those who are wealling to help. Tama's influence don't negate the fact that a personn can act as achief of said group.

Katakuri is like Yamato. He refused to act at first. Only at the end of his journey Katakuri took action by.. taking no action at all.

Again, it's not about owning anything to anyone. It's about responsibiliity.

This... Aside from the fact that it can only be used during a full moon... But even without the moon restriction, even the "greater" minks like Sicilian fell fighting Jack's troops on the rooftop... What can we expect from Carrot?
A powerup. :)

We tried to bring up other points of discussion, but yeah, they're not interested and goes back to Franky vs. Paulie in Thriller Bark 2.0 (yes, not the Enies Lobby or Water 7 version)...

:endthis:

The thing is, he only read mostly WCI arc...
And that something people should do more as the whole cake island arc is part of the Wano story. This is the same Saga for Goda's sake!

--I have debated with all sorts of guys ; hardcore trolls , yonko haters , those who do nothing but insult but this carrot stan is something else

--You lose brain cells if you try debating with them so I don't even bother
Or.. the core of your knowledge of the story is actually being challenged, and what you feel as Brain cells fleeing away are just the sign of your cognitive dissonance poping out.

The Son - Daughter Parallel is actually between Ace & Yamato if you ask me.

How a good parent (Yonkou Whitebeard) formed a bond with his child (Ace), the biological son of his rival (Roger) and how a bad parent (Yonkou Kaidou) ruined his bond with his biological child (Yamato), who looked up to his rival (Oden).

Further reinforced with Yamato being the "Ace" card of Kaidou's crew with King & Queen sharing a lot of parallels with Marco & Jozu. And Kaidou and Whitebeard being the two Yonkous who hold World's Strongest Titles.

Also. Ace is just a reminder of this theme. But yes. Ace is taking part in that construction.

Katakuri and Yamato have literally nothing in common except being the children of two Yonkou.

I'll be the nicest possible:

Read whole cake again, you missed an entire chunk of the story.

Last edited:
F
You are comparing two different things, when there is insecurity in the eys of Katakuri, this is a will of survival for King, not insecurity, this has nothing to do with what Katakuri has experienced.

No, there are no canon parallels between the two but the fan hype. Don't mix up the fan theories with the construction of the story. And again, I'm putting my reasonning on the bases of both the narration, the themes and the characterizations of said characters. Not on the hype or made believe ressemblance.

You should know that stories tends to favor narratives that the characters actually don't want to follow at first . There are reason to believe because of Kaido's sin and the impact it had on Yamato, that Yamato could actually start to repear her Dad's actions. Starting with Wano.

Who Yamato is gonna lead? All those who are wealling to help. Tama's influence don't negate the fact that a personn can act as achief of said group.

Katakuri is like Yamato. He refused to act at first. Only at the end of his journey Katakuri took action by.. taking no action at all.

Again, it's not about owning anything to anyone. It's about responsibiliity.

A powerup. :)

And that something people should do more as the whole cake island arc is part of the Wano story. This is the same Saga for Goda's sake!

Or.. the core of your knowledge of the story is actually being challenged, and what you feel as Brain cells fleeing away are just the sign of your cognitive dissonance poping out.
What type of message does that send to female and male readers about the situation? So, what you’re saying is when if you’re physically and mentally abuse by one’s parental figure or parent you’re supposed to take it and just do what you’re told so you can’t live your own life being free to do what you want. That’s not good message to end Yamato. That goes strictly against what we are one commercial was about
If you want saying whole cake island continuing to wano.

Carrot is like Paulie while Yamato is like Franky

F
What type of message does that send to female and male readers about the situation? So, what you’re saying is when if you’re physically and mentally abuse by one’s parental figure or parent you’re supposed to take it and just do what you’re told so you can’t live your own life being free to do what you want. That’s not good message to end Yamato. That goes strictly against what we are one commercial was about
If you want saying whole cake island continuing to wano.

Carrot is like Paulie while Yamato is like Franky
No.

What does it says? It says that if you care about someone or something, you have to take responsibility and be better that the ones who passed before you.

Taking back the power is therefore the best way to get over mental abuse.

---

Although.. Carrot has nothing to do with Paulie, if you really want to comapre her to a character of Water seven, you'd rather compare her to Chimney.

Be sure to understand that by staying on Wano, Yamato would not take her father's pass, she would actually created her own.

By taking back the power over her life, Yamato will surpass her father in all the ways even if she choose to stay back on Wano.

No.

What does it says? It says that if you care about someone or something, you have to take responsibility and be better that the ones who passed before you.

Taking back the power is therefore the best way to get over mental abuse.

---

Although.. Carrot has nothing to do with Paulie, if you really want to comapre her to a character of Water seven, you'd rather compare her to Chimney.
Yamato has already says she does want not take over father organization nor does she want be part of it.
Carrot is pretty much like Paulie. Does something very significant in water 7=whole cake island. Fall off once reach wano Interaction with half strawhats has not done anything remotely significant throughout this entire freaking wano arc. While Yamato has been more helpful through out act 3:

Status
Not open for further replies.