Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
"Yamato's case is so much better than Carrot's that she has to be a red herring"- the go to argument of the Carrot crew.
The nearly 2-year long, long con :crazwhat:

The hilarious thing about the red herring argument is that even if somehow everything with Yamato was a red herring it'd be a worst-case scenario for Carrot. Since it would make me feel like she didn't earn it at all. It would be some rich kid nepotism shit going on. Not only that, but it only serves to make a huge chunk of the community hate her character. It would sour any potential joy I would have from her joining.

It would be so much more satisfying for me if Carrot is able to truly earn her spot and if Yamato is able to tie up any potential loose ends she might have.

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
I’m sure it’s pure coincidence that C4N got banned just a few short days before a certain somebody’s return…but this is actually good news - if history is pretext, this is just in time for Oda to give Yamato a big moment come chapter 1038, he usually provides the writer of our favorite clown show plenty of material to disregard :zorothink:
Yamato and Brook do an Ice Attack combo to stop the fire demon. Then he and Robin interact with Yamato.

:goyea:

Momonosuke Kozuki and Yamato are linked with similarities.
  1. Momo is technically 28. Yamato is 28.
  2. Yamato's father Kaido killed Momo's father Oden. However, Yamato "is" Oden.
  3. Momo recently ate an artificial Dragon Devil Fruit so is inexperienced with powers. Yamato knows how the dragon powers work because Yamato has observed and fought Kaido, who has the Dragon Devil Fruit powers, for 20+ years.
  4. Momo wants to be Shogun. Kaido wants Yamato to be Shogun.
  5. Both are against Kaido.
Yamato is staying in Wano because:
  1. Yamato's Devil Fruit was described as a/the "Guardian Deity of Wano". How could Yamato guard Wano traveling on the seas? Yamato seems ready to embrace that role.
  2. Yamato wants to be a accepted by people of Wano and a great start is helping overthrow Kaido.
Yamato is not a future Strawhat because:
  1. Yamato did not have a personal two-way relationship with Oden. Not yet displayed if there is such a relationship. This is different than the current Strawhat crewmates and their past relationships with important figures.
  2. Luffy does not seemed interested in recruiting Yamato. No starry eyes. No obvious ship role need. Luffy hasn't even seen Yamato's transformations. Yamato traveling with Luffy and crew has been one-sided with Yamato's exclamations. If Yamato leaves Wano on the Sunny, it seems more as a guest instead as a Strawhat member akin to Law and potential guests Caribou and X Drake.
Yamato and Momo are a future tag team of Mythical Devil Fruit users. They already have a developing bond.
  1. Yamato talking about and giving Oden's log book to Momo.
  2. Momo hiding in Yamato's clothes.
  3. Yamato hitting Momo in Dragon form.
  4. Yamato explaining the cloud creating/grabbing power of a dragon to Momo.
  5. Future development of how Yamato will respond to grown up Momo alluded to looking like Oden.
Yamato does not need to leave with Luffy to get out of Wano. Yamato could help protect and restore Wano first then leave on a ship with Momo and retainers during the final battles. Yamato has waited 20 years. What's another couple of weeks/months?

Yamato's Devil Fruit was described as a/the "Guardian Deity of Wano". How could Yamato guard Wano traveling on the seas? Yamato seems ready to embrace that role.
Guardian deity is simply a title given to anyone protecting Wano. Kaido, the scabbards, and Luffy have also been referred to as guardian spirits. She's filling up the quota along with them by freeing Wano from Kaido. She can continue doing so after the arc when Luffy claims Wano as his territory.

Yamato wants to be a accepted by people of Wano and a great start is helping overthrow Kaido.
Yamato has also been wanting to leave to the seas since she was 8. That's the dream she declared in her Ace flashback and all she's been talking about in the present. Also, she never said anything about aiming to be accepted by Wano citizens. That's just a statement she brushed off from Kaido.
Yamato did not have a personal two-way relationship with Oden. Not yet displayed if there is such a relationship. This is different than the current Strawhat crewmates and their past relationships with important figures.
Oda's been playing up Ace as her big flashback figure as well if you want to go by that metric. They had a special two-way relationship, he inspired her, and he ended up dying. Checks all the artificial boxes for the SHs.
Luffy does not seemed interested in recruiting Yamato. No starry eyes. No obvious ship role need. Luffy hasn't even seen Yamato's transformations. Yamato traveling with Luffy and crew has been one-sided with Yamato's exclamations. If Yamato leaves Wano on the Sunny, it seems more as a guest instead as a Strawhat member akin to Law and potential guests Caribou and X Drake.
Luffy wasn't interested in recruiting Robin. No starry eyes. No obvious ship role at that time. She invited herself. Is she a guest too?
Yamato does not need to leave with Luffy to get out of Wano. Yamato could help protect and restore Wano first then leave on a ship with Momo and retainers during the final battles. Yamato has waited 20 years. What's another couple of weeks/months?
She wants to go on adventures similar to what Oden did and Luffy is her best shot at doing that. He's the only one actively going to new islands and has the resources + strength to keep the adventure going.

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
What did in Zou and WCI?
Various interactions/friendships with the other crew members.

A lookout role that's been foreshadowed since she's been introduced. I know some might argue that other members can be a better lookout but it's still the job she often did on the Sunny for the most part. Plus Oda could always have a proper showcase of how she can be the ideal lookout.

Also, there's a panel of her mentor, Pedro, doing a similar move as she does where he jumps to a high position to get a better view of the area. (Chapter 816, Page 6).

An interest in adventuring the world and the unknown in general. One of the reasons why she stowed away was that she wanted to see the world outside her home for once. Some might say she was expected to be gone for a couple of days but that was before all of the events of WCI and Wano and before she even before she knew the size of the world in general. it's at the very least dubious whether she'll want to go home or continue to see the world.

Abilities that will at the very least allow her to keep up with other crewmembers. Sulong has a big drawback but I would say that it would be possible for her to surpass it through training or through an iconic One Piece power-up scene.

Though her biggest issues right now are the lack of relevance in the current arc plus there's some open-ended stuff that I mentioned that'll need to be addressed (Ideal Lookout, Ability to keep up).

Is she 100% guaranteed to join the crew? Far from it, some of my ideal scenarios count on things that haven't happened yet. But I say that the door is open as she was right on that edge during WCI. I don't think anyone would've thought twice back in the day if she did fully join the crew before WCI ended.

Things seem dire for her right now, but I like her character so I'm holding out until it's fully dead and buried.

Various interactions/friendships with the other crew members.

A lookout role that's been foreshadowed since she's been introduced. I know some might argue that other members can be a better lookout but it's still the job she often did on the Sunny for the most part. Plus Oda could always have a proper showcase of how she can be the ideal lookout.

Also, there's a panel of her mentor, Pedro, doing a similar move as she does where he jumps to a high position to get a better view of the area. (Chapter 816, Page 6).

An interest in adventuring the world and the unknown in general. One of the reasons why she stowed away was that she wanted to see the world outside her home for once. Some might say she was expected to be gone for a couple of days but that was before all of the events of WCI and Wano and before she even before she knew the size of the world in general. it's at the very least dubious whether she'll want to go home or continue to see the world.

Abilities that will at the very least allow her to keep up with other crewmembers. Sulong has a big drawback but I would say that it would be possible for her to surpass it through training or through an iconic One Piece power-up scene.

Though her biggest issues right now are the lack of relevance in the current arc plus there's some open-ended stuff that I mentioned that'll need to be addressed (Ideal Lookout, Ability to keep up).

Is she 100% guaranteed to join the crew? Far from it, some of my ideal scenarios count on things that haven't happened yet. But I say that the door is open as she was right on that edge during WCI. I don't think anyone would've thought twice back in the day if she did fully join the crew before WCI ended.

Things seem dire for her right now, but I like her character so I'm holding out until it's fully dead and buried.
Fairs. I understand that. Thanks.

Honestly the Anti Yamato and Carrot furries who so desperately want Yamato to stay on Wano are so dumb.

- Yamato dreams to go out to sea

- Been trapped in Wano/Onigashima territory all her life.

- Will never distance herself from the Oden persona staying on Wano

- Yamato declaring she'll go out to sea with Luffy

- Sad childhood flashback

Even after all this there are still some people saying:

'yAmAtO gOiNg tO bE wAnO gUaRdIaN'

:laughmoji:

These people are going to have meltdowns when they see Yamato in Strawhat colour spreads in the future

:kobeha:

@dizzy2341

You know what, even if you are delusional and intolerant to humans with different sexual preferences, after all this weeks I'm glad you are here and not C4N.

Before I hated to see you here but thanks to C4N you are not that bad anymore.

Hope you will start to accept and like Yamato after she joins the crew. Maybe her interaction with the different members will help with that.

Guardian deity is simply a title given to anyone protecting Wano. Kaido, the scabbards, and Luffy have also been referred to as guardian spirits. She's filling up the quota along with them by freeing Wano from Kaido. She can continue doing so after the arc when Luffy claims Wano as his territory.

That's an interesting point.

Well, Yamato's Devil Fruit is linked to a guardian deity of Japan which Wano represents.

That page defines guardian deities as those who protect their liege, the capital, and all of Wano. Sounds like what Yamato could do for future tag team partner Momo and Wano.

And as I stated, Luffy has yet to see Yamato's transformations. Why would Luffy invite Yamato as a crewmate?
Yamato has also been wanting to leave to the seas since she was 8. That's the dream she declared in her Ace flashback and all she's been talking about in the present. Also, she never said anything about aiming to be accepted by Wano citizens. That's just a statement she brushed off from Kaido.
So once Yamato leaves Wano, is the dream complete? That dream seems lacking. What is Yamato's end goal?
Oda's been playing up Ace as her big flashback figure as well if you want to go by that metric. They had a special two-way relationship, he inspired her, and he ended up dying. Checks all the artificial boxes for the SHs.
Ace?! Nah. Ace and Yamato bonded sure but it's not the same. The crewmates are fundamentally affected generally during childhood.

Luffy scarring himself like Shanks, Zoro's dream rivalry with Kuina, Nami money hoarding and taking some of Bellemere's orange trees as momentos, Usopp lying to his mother, Sanji learning to cook from Zeff and experiencing kindness from his mother, Chopper from Hilluik and medicine from Dr. Kureha, Robin learning about Ponegliffs by spying on Professor Clover, Franky building a sea train and ships with Tom, Brook traveling with Yorki and a musical pirate crew, and Jinbe respecting Fisher Tiger since the days of Fish-Man District. I foresee Brook's and Jinbe's childhoods being further explored like Zoro's and Sanji's.

Yamato had Ace's vivre card until Ace died and the stories Ace told Yamato about Luffy. Besides, Luffy had a deeper relationship with Ace than Yamato.
Luffy wasn't interested in recruiting Robin. No starry eyes. No obvious ship role at that time. She invited herself. Is she a guest too?
Hmm...well the invitation/joining process isn't an exact science.

Robin was a mysterious enemy turned ally that snuck on the Merry TWICE, saved Luffy TWICE, and her ship role was immediately explored after Luffy accepted her self invitation. This is after Luffy rescued a suicidal Robin. Luffy decided she was a good person.

Yamato and Luffy lack that type of depth in their interactions. Plus Robin interacted with the Strawhats before joining. Yamato's situation is still a wait and see approach.

Yamato in a way is copying Robin with the self invitation. I don't see Oda doing that again.
She wants to go on adventures similar to what Oden did and Luffy is her best shot at doing that. He's the only one actively going to new islands and has the resources + strength to keep the adventure going.
There are plenty of other adventurers to choose though as you stated Luffy is the best of them. Yamato is un-cuffed and free to do whatever. Yamato does not have to leave Wano when Luffy does. Yamato could wait until Wano's borders are officially open.

That page defines guardian deities as those who protect their liege, the capital, and all of Wano. Sounds like what Yamato could do for future tag team partner Momo and Wano.
So Luffy is staying in Wano too then? Kaido was also considered a guardian deity and he always went out to sea and did expeditions.
And as I stated, Luffy has yet to see Yamato's transformations. Why would Luffy invite Yamato as a crewmate?
You think Luffy is picky with who he wants to join his crew? After the dozens of people/creatures he's asked and even for the smallest reasons? Luffy would probably accept her for just holding off Kaido for him if she asked.
So once Yamato leaves Wano, is the dream complete? That dream seems lacking. What is Yamato's end goal?
Her dream is to have an adventure similar to Oden. The end goal is probably when the journey is over. We might get more clarification later on since Franky got an end goal on the same chapter he got on the ship.
Ace?! Nah. Ace and Yamato bonded sure but it's not the same. The crewmates are fundamentally affected generally during childhood.
Ace was the reason she had hope of escaping and who inspired her to sever her bond with Kaido. She learned from him that she shouldn't let her dad chain her heart, which ties into her character arc of becoming Oden's successor despite being Kaido's child.
Besides, Luffy had a deeper relationship with Ace than Yamato.
So?
Yamato in a way is copying Robin with the self invitation. I don't see Oda doing that again.
Luffy invited a majority of the SHs the exact same way and process.
There are plenty of other adventurers to choose though as you stated Luffy is the best of them. Yamato is un-cuffed and free to do whatever. Yamato does not have to leave Wano when Luffy does. Yamato could wait until Wano's borders are officially open.
If she's free to do whatever then there's nothing stopping her from doing exactly what she wants, which is sailing with Luffy. Just saying there's other options doesn't mean she'll suddenly change her mind. She's been waiting years for Luffy and he's here.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Someone still has to explain why Yamato would turn a complete 180 and decided to stay in Wano. She met Momo and said she can't abandon Wano to Kaido, but still declared she's leaving with Luffy after Kaido is taken care of. Momo and Wano wasn't enough to make Yamato change her mind on something that she's been dead set on doing for 20 years so what would?

Yamato resembling Wano's guardian deity was used by the villain as a reason for Yamato to stay in Wano as a prisoner, something Yamato outright said she doesn't want.

EDIT: Almost forgot that Kaido literally laughed at Yamato for thinking she can ever leave and said her destiny is to stay in Wano.

Someone still has to explain why Yamato would turn a complete 180 and decided to stay in Wano. She meet Momo and said she can't abandon Wano to Kaido, but still declared she's leaving with Luffy after Kaido is taken care of. Momo and Wano wasn't enough to make Yamato change her mind something that she's been dead set in doing for 20 years so what would?

Yamato resembling Wano's guardian diety was used by the villain as a reason for Yamato to stay in Wano as a prisoner, something Yamato outright said she doesn't want.
Luffy ain't gon let her join lol

As long as she pretends to be oden Luffy and Oda won't let her join.

Every Straw Hat has a unique personality.
What's so unique about Yamato? The dumb bitch acts like she's someone else.

Imo she should never be drawn again post wano she's just a shit character.

Status
Not open for further replies.