Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her being oden isn't want to be shogun, is want to live free like him and go on an adventure I guess u miss what she was saying also when she was fighting ulti again she said that the last day for her to be Kozuki Oden is here and want to take down her father as him okay go read back the chapters
Being Oden can mean a lot of thing. Until we know what Yamato really wants (without being Oden) we won't know.

When we first saw oden what was the most thing he wanted to do? Wasn't it to leave Wano?
And what was the one thing he wanted at the end ?

And that is leaving wano and going on an adventure
Or the freedom to choice and stay in Wano. No possibilities can be ereased.
Post automatically merged:

How do you get 1200 posts in 5 months? That's 3x my post count in over 2 years.
I'm determined.

Being Oden can mean a lot of things. Until we know what
We all know what she wants truly want and it's to go to sea with luffy(chapter 1016) but u think it's mean something else

what was the one thing he wanted at the end
To save his country n open it up that where he leaVe it to kinemon and loyal samurai and his son to do so not Yamato

Or the freedom to choose and stay in Wano. No possibilities can be erased.
I really don't know where for a fact u get that Yamato wants to stay in wano after momo is back?

Yamato wont be shogun lol. It's just oda thingy about parallel

Oden denied shogun role when he talked with yasuie. Yamato denied shogun role when kaido told her

Oden abandoned daimyo role. Yamato abandoned the magami role?

Oden left wano.

Orochi and kaido happened.

But what interest me is that kaido wants yamato to protect wano for him. I thought he is strong and scary enough to make outsider stay away from wano. Kaido, the yonkou, the WSC.

But yes, he needs someone to protect wano for him. It actually happened, the time when ace came, ironically, even it's not yamato's responsibility, oda made yamato stop ace. Ofc unintentionally good for kaido. And yes kaido needs someone when the case is he is away from wano.

Same case also happen at oden time. He left, bad guy came, it cost wano. Also happen at momo time. Yamato left, kanjuro and kaido came, the impact is momo saw his people badly injured enough for him to say he dont want to open wano. not only that, momo probably saw WG ship through zunisha eyes, coming to wano. Maybe his next question will be why outsider want wano. What makes wano special.

Yamato wont be shogun lol. It's just oda thingy about parallel

Oden denied shogun role when he talked with yasuie. Yamato denied shogun role when kaido told her

Oden abandoned daimyo role. Yamato abandoned the magami role?

Oden left wano.

Orochi and kaido happened.
I forget to mention. Sometimes parallel has different outcome, like recent chapter luffy vs kaido~ luffy vs katakuri. Sometimes parallel follows a character to death, like roger~pedro (limited livespan). Sometimes parallel do not following order.

It's oda who get to choose which parallel to make and which parallel he gives different outcome. What we do is just predicting stuff

The "Drums of Liberation" is a very interesting phrase. It's probably a reference to the book "Sacred Drums of Liberation" which is about African groups and diaspora using culture as a resistance force against slavery and colonialism, which is fitting for Wano. Most of the cultural aspects are focused on music and dance. I bring this up only because I previously mentioned that in the initial sketch for the crew, Oda included the word "bolero" which is also a dance. I took this to mean that the last member will be related to dancing in some way, which Yamato fits given her connections to the goddess Ame-no-Uzume who was famous for her dance. The goddess is even credited for creating taiko (Japanese drums) performances with her dance. Now we have Oda referencing a book all about how dance and music have been used to fight for one's freedom. This just seems to be further evidence that Yamato is a microcosm of the ties Oda has been deliberately creating between the dawn/sun, freedom/joy/partying, and that she's joining the crew.

Pot Goblin

Conejo Blanco
The way Yamato inspires Momo to be brave and face even the toughest challenge in the world head on feels like yet another SHP moment…haters will say it’s fake, but damn, there’s no way in hell the person who does THIS for the future shogun isn’t joining Luffy’s crew:

This chapter was a pretty big win for both Carrot and Yamato fans. Yamato got a really cool character moment showing off her guts. And Carrot got another transition panel showing that she'll at least be in the same area as the fight against Kaido. Opening the door wide open for potential moments.
:stealthblack:

Speaking of Yamato's moment, one quality that I'm really starting to appreciate about her is just how mentally tough she is. She's faced a lot of obstacles since she's been introduced yet she has not cracked under the pressure at all. She's shown to be extremely reliable in dangerous and chaotic situations.
:cheers:

Yeah this chapter really confirms Yamao's future role as Momo's advisor.
When she finally gives a speech, it is directed toward Momo. When she makes a bond, it is with Momo.

Fanboys will say "but but scabbards but Kinemon" yet where are they during Momo's hardest time? They all are missing, only his new guardian bitch there with him.

When Momo is in despair, who is now conforting him? Kinemon? The dukes? No, it is always Yamao doing the same job, babysitting the new Shogun.
Yamao will help and turn Momo, from a coward, inexperiencdd Shogun he is now, into a stronger and more dependable one in EoS.

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
I was always on the "no one will join" bandwagon. But another major plus for Yamato this week. After the last few chapters + the anime episode with Ace, I'm starting to change my mind :emohiyo:
Momo was willing to repeat Oden’s “surrender to prevent casualties” mistake. Luffy’s here to literally and figuratively “open” Wano. To put an end to boomer Oden worship. It’s great Yamato didn’t default back to “This is what Oden did”. She scolded Momo similar to how Ace scolded her. Her character arc is heading in the right direction.

And even if she never joins, she's definitely Strawhat worthy like Vivi.

Status
Not open for further replies.