Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You really can't compare Brook providing the salt to Yamato freezing the bombs. Brook knowing about the salt was the only reason the crew was able to actually beat any of the zombies. The bombs were a plot device to take down Big Mom
Seems very arbitary to dismiss one big role as a plot device while accepting the other

Especially since I don’t recall the salt actually being all that useful. The two main enemy zombies were Oars and Ryuma, neither of whom was actually defeated using salt. Luffy got everyone’s shadows back by beating up Moria, not using salt. They didn’t need salt to beat Absalom, Perona or Hogback.

(1/2)

:laughmoji::josad:
Tfw hiyori doesn't get a chance to fight. I dont hate this chapter. In fact it's beautiful recall of a scene from act 2. Hiyori stand with determination, orochi is transforming, denjiro said the same phrase. I think this scene is also needed to filled with some foreshadowings too. And I like the fact that this chapter emphasize it is orochi who was the mastermind behind wano suffering since 20 years ago

I'll admit the thought about hiyori abilities is the 2nd big obstacle in her chance. I'm fairly take my L. I may stop posting about her for awhile until she get a real chance. But before that I'd like to present my thoughts on what leads me to choose hiyori to join the crew
:watchout:

(1/2)

Last edited:
(1/2)

:laughmoji::josad:
Tfw hiyori doesn't get a chance to fight. I dont hate this chapter. In fact it's beautiful recall of a scene from act 2. Hiyori stand with determination, orochi is transforming, denjiro said the same phrase. I think this scene is also needed to filled with some foreshadowings too. And I like the fact that this chapter emphasize it is orochi who was the mastermind behind wano suffering since 20 years ago

I'll admit the thought about hiyori abilities is the 2nd big obstacle in her chance. I'm fairly take my L. I may stop posting about her for awhile until she get a real chance. But before that I'd like to present my thoughts on what leads me to choose hiyori to join the crew
:watchout:

(1/2)
Do tell sir. As long as you dont start a blog its good

Just found out there's a little more possibility to Yamato being a sake brewer, despite it not being directly mentioned, because the labels on the alcohol bottles talk about not knowing the night, implying that alcohol is actually Yamato's because of how she repeatedly talks about the dawn.

Credits to Shift and his wife for finding this out.

Last edited:
Just found out there's a little more possibility to Yamato being a sake brewer, despite it not being directly mentioned, because the labels on the alcohol bottles talk about not knowing the night, implying that alcohol is actually Yamato's because of how she repeatedly talks about the dawn.

I feel like it's not too much to ask to properly credit my wife, who took the time to translate the label and find that info. And in case anyone is curious, the phrase is 不知夜月 / Izayoizuki, the original Japanese article is here: https://onepiece-log.com/blog-entry-2301.html

And the label is from a real brand:

She said no, can't be read that way.
I can see the characters for "Unknown...Night Moon" which fits the "I don't know the night" translation. I was more questioning how the article or whatever said it's both Shiranui Yatsuki and Izayoizuki, since I can definitely see the character for Shiranu/"Unknown" but not Iza.

Status
Not open for further replies.