Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
:gokulaugh::milaugh::suresure:
Nice rebuttal smh
:kuzanshut:

Luffy has not shown remotely this type of excitement regarding Yamato.

Luffy summed up all the reasons he wanted Brook to join that relate to past events. FORESHADOWING!

Luffy, Sabo, Garp, Roger, Dadan, Whitebeard, Marco, Blackbeard, and Jinbe are more linked to Ace than Yamato. Yamato and Tama are in the same tier of connection to Ace.

I'm not ignoring anything. I stated Brook and Yamato were not comparable with reasons that connect to Strawhat recruitment. Repeating the interaction differences is for inference.

What are Yamato's contributions? Protecting Momo at times, knocking out a Numbers, stalling Kaido, and freezing bombs. That has merit but what does that have to do with connecting Yamato as a Strawhat?
:choppawhat:

Tops in what way? Yamato has been depicted stronger than Brook. That does not make Yamato a likely Strawhat though. Plenty of non-Strawhats could beat Brook in a fight. Stalling Kaido is a good fighting feat. That's it. So Yamato "tops" Brook in combat. But it's not like Brook didn't fight a Yonko in Big Mom after getting copies of her Ponegliffs (more important than anything Yamato has done). We don't know how well or long Brook held up outside of injuring Prometheus so it is debatable. But I'll still give that to Yamato since that tidbit is on Whole Cake Island and offscreen.

Brook "tops" Yamato in meaningful interactions with the Strawhats. Not debatable.

Brook has the foreshadowed musician position unlike Yamato who no one yet knows how Yamato would contribute to the crew outside of fighting. Sake Brewer? Ship Guard? Log keeper? Pirate Apprentice? Another Combatant??? All guesses which shows either Oda is hiding it for some reason or the more likely scenario where there is position for Yamato on the Sunny. So Brook "tops" Yamato in crew position.

Luffy was specifically fighting for Brook's freedom in Thriller Bark. Luffy saving Yamato was a byproduct of the raid which was for Momo, Kin'emon, Tama, and others connected. So Brook "tops" Yamato in the story arc connection aspect.

Brook and Yamato are not comparable.
You guys are completely strange. I said Brook had much more relationship with the SH, and you keep saying that. I said that in my first answer, are you reading what I write?

But it's not like Brook didn't fight a Yonko in Big Mom after getting copies of her Ponegliffs (more important than anything Yamato has done)
I think you don't get that if it wasn't for yamato stalling kaido the entire raid would over
Post automatically merged:

Who's command was that?

That is the point idk what to say cause no one except for luffy could've stalling kaido

That's the problem, there is really no place for a special status, Carrot has no real legitimacy to become a mink leader.
She doesn't need to be a Mink leader. There is nothing implying she needs to be one - if you want her to be one you're elevating her importance in my opinion. She hasn't played a significant role since her introduction but has remained a character in the background.

The fleet could be an idea, but the way Carrot was depicted, it's a captain level treatment. So I would expect at least for Carrot to rise to the post of Captain during a cover story (as she was never depicted as a leader before that) or close second.
Captain level like what?

In any ways, I expect Carrot to have an impact later in the story and AT LEAST a cover story if she doesn't join the crew. If that's not done, I will consider her treatment in whole cake as an abdormality from Oda.
I expect the same to be honest

The only strong point of Carrot joining SH is that it's bad writing...and oda has been making shitty decisions for a long time now.
Oof that's one hell of a hot take!

:gokulaugh::milaugh::suresure:
Nice rebuttal smh
:kuzanshut:

Luffy has not shown remotely this type of excitement regarding Yamato.

Luffy summed up all the reasons he wanted Brook to join that relate to past events. FORESHADOWING!

Luffy, Sabo, Garp, Roger, Dadan, Whitebeard, Marco, Blackbeard, and Jinbe are more linked to Ace than Yamato. Yamato and Tama are in the same tier of connection to Ace.

I'm not ignoring anything. I stated Brook and Yamato were not comparable with reasons that connect to Strawhat recruitment. Repeating the interaction differences is for inference.

What are Yamato's contributions? Protecting Momo at times, knocking out a Numbers, stalling Kaido, and freezing bombs. That has merit but what does that have to do with connecting Yamato as a Strawhat?
:choppawhat:

Tops in what way? Yamato has been depicted stronger than Brook. That does not make Yamato a likely Strawhat though. Plenty of non-Strawhats could beat Brook in a fight. Stalling Kaido is a good fighting feat. That's it. So Yamato "tops" Brook in combat. But it's not like Brook didn't fight a Yonko in Big Mom after getting copies of her Ponegliffs (more important than anything Yamato has done). We don't know how well or long Brook held up outside of injuring Prometheus so it is debatable. But I'll still give that to Yamato since that tidbit is on Whole Cake Island and offscreen.

Brook "tops" Yamato in meaningful interactions with the Strawhats. Not debatable.

Brook has the foreshadowed musician position unlike Yamato who no one yet knows how Yamato would contribute to the crew outside of fighting. Sake Brewer? Ship Guard? Log keeper? Pirate Apprentice? Another Combatant??? All guesses which shows either Oda is hiding it for some reason or the more likely scenario where there is position for Yamato on the Sunny. So Brook "tops" Yamato in crew position.

Luffy was specifically fighting for Brook's freedom in Thriller Bark. Luffy saving Yamato was a byproduct of the raid which was for Momo, Kin'emon, Tama, and others connected. So Brook "tops" Yamato in the story arc connection aspect.

Brook and Yamato are not comparable.
So sorry, it's all I actually need for you.

Please tell me what brook does in Thriller Bark that top fighting A Yonko in 1v1 🤔
That is kind of irrelevant when talking about Strawhat candidates, honestly.

I mean, it could be argued that Tama and Momo's feats are bigger than Brook's in Thriller Bark. Yamato is my main pick for future SH, but her feats and arc importance are small compared to Tama and Momo's. Doesn't mean that those two are more likely to join.

She doesn't need to be a Mink leader. There is nothing implying she needs to be one - if you want her to be one you're elevating her importance in my opinion. She hasn't played a significant role since her introduction but has remained a character in the background.
It's not about what she did, it's about how she was treated. I have already explained that Carrot's treatment was abdormal when we compare it to similar character. That's what I'm talking about.

Captain level like what?
Because of her treatment, it's on the same level as fleet leaders, in fact it's even deeper.

Fine mate, you do you

Because of her treatment, it's on the same level as fleet leaders, in fact it's even deeper.
What treatment have you been talking about we don't see her do anything that other minks can't do?
Pedro was the ideal treatment that carrot should have in Wano. Like you don't see how was Pedro was handled in WCI till his death and then carrot went Sulong form then was out for awhile 😭

It's not about what she did, it's about how she was treated. I have already explained that Carrot's treatment was abdormal when we compare it to similar character. That's what I'm talking about.

I could say the same about Shirahoshi and Vivi but their staying power in the story is minimal currently despite the fact one is even an ancient weapon. They were significantly more important than any grand fleet captain has been, possibly more important than all of them combined. They aren't nakama on the Sunny.

'treatment' (please provide examples) doesn't warrant or constitute a certainty about any character's future role

Paulie got just as much 'treatment' (if we'll call it that) as Franky, but that guy will probably never show up in the story again

Carrot's gonna be in the grand fleet

Who's command was that?

Only thing Luffy "commanded" Yamato to do was to protect Momo which if we are being real Yamato did a subpar job. Hell if Yamato stayed with Momo the whole time then Kin'emon might not have gotten so injured by Kaido. Yamato could have met a fake Oden AND fought Kaido.

That meme does not relate to me as I am not one who thinks Carrot will join.

How could you forget I want a ninja with Raizo being the best option? Nin Nin!
You guys are completely strange. I said Brook had much more relationship with the SH, and you keep saying that. I said that in my first answer, are you reading what I write?
Yes and I addressed it was for inference. And you act like that was all my response was. If anything you are not reading what I write. I addressed crew position, story arc connection, and foreshadowing to show Brook and Yamato can not compare.
I think you don't get that if it wasn't for yamato stalling kaido the entire raid would over

That is the point idk what to say cause no one except for luffy could've stalling kaido
Oda could have manipulated the story so that Yamato doesn't need to stall against Kaido. Or freeze the bombs. It seemed more like Oda giving Yamato something to do.

There are plenty of character combinations who could stall Kaido if written to have the opportunity. The 9 Scabbards did so earlier. Luffy, Zoro, Law, Kidd, and Killer fought both Kaido and Big Mom. Minus Luffy and Big Mom, those 4 could stall if not beat Kaido. Obviously Oda didn't go that route but let's not pretend this was the only choice.

And if hypothetically Yamato didn't exist, I'm sure Oda could have devised a way to stall Kaido that doesn't relate to characters fighting Kaido outright. Say like someone stealing and hiding Kaido's booze or his club.

What treatment have you been talking about we don't see her do anything that other minks can't do?
Pedro was the ideal treatment that carrot should have in Wano. Like you don't see how was Pedro was handled in WCI till his death and then carrot went Sulong form then was out for awhile 😭
Honestly ? It's a lot of little thing, it would need a complete analysis on multiple page to explain you that. And I just don't have the will to do that. Basically Carrot is a background character treated like a main protagonist in whole cake. And that offset is what is triggering my reasonning on the treatment of Carrot by Oda. Something is just "off".

I could say the same about Shirahoshi and Vivi but their staying power in the story
Of course but Vivi and SHiraoshi were main arc characters, there strong treatment was therefore completely logical.

Take note that I'm differenciating on one side the odd treatment of Carrot and on the other all the little clues that are putting her on the pass for the strawhat flag.

'treatment' (please provide examples) doesn't warrant or constitute a certainty about any character's future role
For example, it's the way Carrot is treated during the gags. Almost everytime on the side of a strawhat in a mimicking manner. That is not something you can find all over One Piece with either important or background character, and not on that scale. It's like Oda was saying: "Look at this character, she acts EXACTLY like a strawhats, take good note!"

Paulie got just as much 'treatment'
Not as much, Paulie was mostly sidelined and was given the specific title of ally. Carrot is characterized THROUGH the groups of the strawhats, as a part of them.

Of course but Vivi and SHiraoshi were main arc characters, there strong treatment was therefore completely logical.

Take note that I'm differenciating on one side the odd treatment of Carrot and on the other all the little clues that are putting her on the pass for the strawhat flag.
I can appreciate that you're at least making a distinction here don't worry, but what is odd and what are the little clues? Because currently it looks like either nobody joins or Yamato joins

For example, it's the way Carrot is treated during the gags. Almost everytime on the side of a strawhat in a mimicking manner. That is not something you can find all over One Piece with either important or background character, and not on that scale. It's like Oda was saying: "Look at this character, she acts EXACTLY like a strawhats, take good note!"
If that is so compelling to you what makes Carrot any different than Kin'emon, Raizo, Momonosuke or even Law? Even Yokozuna, Pappug, Hatchan, Vivi, all of them fit in with the crew in a comedic sense (which I assume you're interpreting as a strong almost natural dynamic between the current members and Carrot - which by the way I don't agree with. Carrot's only really been shown getting on well with about half of the crewmates). What about Johnny and Yosaku as well? Might as well have 40 characters on the crew if that was the only determinant

Not as much, Paulie was mostly sidelined and was given the specific title of ally. Carrot is characterized THROUGH the groups of the strawhats, as a part of them.
Paulie actually played a Bigger role in Water 7 and a significant role in Ennies Lobby, the key difference is when Franky got to fight Fukurou who was part of CP9, Paulie was stuck fighting the Giants Oimo and Kashi who were not part of CP9. I think my point still remains unchallanged on this.

Honestly ? It's a lot of little thing, it would need a complete analysis on multiple page to explain you that. And I just don't have the will to do that. Basically Carrot is a background character treated like a main protagonist in whole cake. And that offset is what is triggering my reasonning on the treatment of Carrot by Oda. Something is just "off
Bruh the only time carrot gets a moment for herself is when she transform into her Sulong form, the rest is with her and SHs

Bruh the only time carrot gets a moment for herself is when she transform into her Sulong form, the rest is with her and SHs
And considering she's been in the story for around 3x as many chapters as Yamato, I don't fancy her chances

By contrast Yamato literally just got a great moment in the last chapter, and her 1v1 with Kaido... and her brief scene with Luffy, and her scenes with Momo, and her scene with Nami/Usopp against Ulti and Page One... honestly - Carrot's done next to nothing in Wano. I actually can't remember anything she's done in this arc. There is no way somebody would join the crew without a pivotal part to play in the arc, and Yamato's done plenty and was one of the key reasons Kaido didn't end up nuking Wano

Only thing Luffy "commanded" Yamato to do was to protect Momo which if we are being real Yamato did a subpar job. Hell if Yamato stayed with Momo the whole time then Kin'emon might not have gotten so injured by Kaido. Yamato could have met a fake Oden AND fought Kaido.

That meme does not relate to me as I am not one who thinks Carrot will join.

How could you forget I want a ninja with Raizo being the best option? Nin Nin!

Yes and I addressed it was for inference. And you act like that was all my response was. If anything you are not reading what I write. I addressed crew position, story arc connection, and foreshadowing to show Brook and Yamato can not compare.

Oda could have manipulated the story so that Yamato doesn't need to stall against Kaido. Or freeze the bombs. It seemed more like Oda giving Yamato something to do.

There are plenty of character combinations who could stall Kaido if written to have the opportunity. The 9 Scabbards did so earlier. Luffy, Zoro, Law, Kidd, and Killer fought both Kaido and Big Mom. Minus Luffy and Big Mom, those 4 could stall if not beat Kaido. Obviously Oda didn't go that route but let's not pretend this was the only choice.

And if hypothetically Yamato didn't exist, I'm sure Oda could have devised a way to stall Kaido that doesn't relate to characters fighting Kaido outright. Say like someone stealing and hiding Kaido's booze or his club.
The original idea was trying to separate both big mom and Kaido that was the plan. They were to much for luffy, zoro, kid, law, and killer to handle If they were together.
The nine scabbards were already wounded from the earlier fight with Kaido so they did not want to go for a Other round against him. When Momo was in danger kinemon almost died against Kaido. Zoro at the time was heavily wounded after trying to block big mom and Kaido team attack. After zoro use asura on Kaido was attacking him and law. Law and zoro retreated below while luffy was holding off Kaido until he lost. Zoro was already bandaged up by sanji. Kid and law already had their hands full against big Mom. So yes, Yamato holding off Kaido until luffy return to the battlefield was very important For the strawhats and the alliance survival. Luffy was thankful towards her. Jimbei does mention why was Kaido not down here after luffy latest broadcast. He would of killed everyone

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.