Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyways I always knew Yamato was joining, what has been dissapointing so far is how Oda is having her join. Compared to other Straw Hats she probably had the worst joining moment

We'll see if he can fix this in the last few chapter of Wano
That's because Yamato is not joining :cheers:

Ok so I want to hear it now, what is going to have her change her mind? Because we know damn well Luffy is not going to reject her, specially after this chapter
There are three possibilities for me:

- The arrival of an admiral could convince Yamato that staying is the right thing to do
- The presence of the beast Pirate could lead Yamato to want to stay to protect the country
- Momo could simply ask Yamato to stay.

List of all Carrot lines in Wano

- Luffy! Garchu!
- He was a match for Duke Inuarashi...
- The plan's falling apart, what're we going to do?!
- Choniki, you guys look so cool!
- The cold weather shouldn't be a problem for us, since we have fur.
- Hey, Kin'emon! Everyone! We're here!
- Jinbe!
- Choniki, you look so cool! I didn't know the Sunny had this!
- You should focus on the battle!
- Choniki!
- "No big deal?" That's Big Mom!
- Gyahhhhhhhhh!
- Go away, Mr. Sun! Stop calling Big Mom here!
- Yeah, but...
- Yeah!
- Oof!
- Waah!
- Yes!
- Electro!
- To avenge Pedro! I know who I saw!
- Moon Raid!
- That is right if it weren't for him...
- You are Marco, right?
- Yeah, you could say that!
- Urgh...
- Hnng...!
- Grrr!
- AAAAH!
- Perospero...!!?
- Master Nekomamushi...!!
- Master Nekomamushi!! His Sulong wore off!!
- Master Nekomamushi!!
- Yes sir!!
- How long will this island stay up?
- Yes sir!!
:perocry:
Embarassing

Anyways I always knew Yamato was joining, what has been dissapointing so far is how Oda is having her join. Compared to other Straw Hats she probably had the worst joining moment

We'll see if he can fix this in the last few chapter of Wano
Kind of my thought too. I really want to see Yamato get a decent little flashback regarding identity. There is definitely something going on there at least with how Kaido mentioned that Oni should subjugate humans.

I'm hoping there's at least something that gives Yamato some resolve in the end with the Oden thing. Unlike half the forum, I personally don't mind it.

There are three possibilities for me:

- The arrival of an admiral could convince Yamato that staying is the right thing to do
- The presence of the beast Pirate could lead Yamato to want to stay to protect the country
- Momo could simply ask Yamato to stay.
- An admiral that most likely wont fight

- the beast pirates seem to be a non issue as of now

- and she is just going to say "lol yeah fuck my goals'?

List of all Carrot lines in Wano

- Luffy! Garchu!
- He was a match for Duke Inuarashi...
- The plan's falling apart, what're we going to do?!
- Choniki, you guys look so cool!
- The cold weather shouldn't be a problem for us, since we have fur.
- Hey, Kin'emon! Everyone! We're here!
- Jinbe!
- Choniki, you look so cool! I didn't know the Sunny had this!
- You should focus on the battle!
- Choniki!
- "No big deal?" That's Big Mom!
- Gyahhhhhhhhh!
- Go away, Mr. Sun! Stop calling Big Mom here!
- Yeah, but...
- Yeah!
- Oof!
- Waah!
- Yes!
- Electro!
- To avenge Pedro! I know who I saw!
- Moon Raid!
- That is right if it weren't for him...
- You are Marco, right?
- Yeah, you could say that!
- Urgh...
- Hnng...!
- Grrr!
- AAAAH!
- Perospero...!!?
- Master Nekomamushi...!!
- Master Nekomamushi!! His Sulong wore off!!
- Master Nekomamushi!!
- Yes sir!!
- How long will this island stay up?
- Yes sir!!
Look that there is no new there is story revelations coming from carrot as a character I was right. Look is in the background with nothing new story tells us or hint toward her as a character. Carrot4nakama is acting like the people who wanted these characters to join instead of the crews we got in the series. like I said in earlier comment

It is written like people who want these characters to join
Coby -instead of zoro
Boodle-instead of nami
Kaya-instead of ussop
Gin-instead of sanji
Dolton or dr kureha instead of chopper
Pell or vivi instead of Robin
Iceberg or Paulie instead of Franky
Lola or pernoa instead of Brook
Hatchi, shirahoshi, or camie instead of Jimbei
Momo, tama, or carrot instead of yamato

Ok so I want to hear it now, what is going to have her change her mind? Because we know damn well Luffy is not going to reject her, specially after this chapter
Like you guyz said, Yamato could be the weakest joining in the strawhats, that's for a good reason I already explained:

The non-presence of the refusal of the call to adventure.

- Zoro refused during his encounter
- Nami refused during Arlong park
- Usopp later refused to stay on water Seven, that refusal was prepared since the beginning.
- Sanji refused during baratie
- Chopper refused during Drum
- Robin later refused to leave with them during Ennie Lobby
- Franky refused during water seven
- Brook refused to take his shadow back on thriller bark
- Jinbe refused because of responsibilities during Fishmen Island

ALL the strawhat at one time refused to join the crew, that refusal sealed their future presence.

Yamato doesn't have that, worst she is doing the opposite.

This is why for now.. Yamato is still unlikely to join the crew.

ALL the strawhat at one time refused to join the crew, that refusal sealed their future presence.

Yamato could just be unique and that is one thing that makes her joining differently than others. Every SH had their own unique little arc when they joined

Like you guyz said, Yamato could be the weakest joining in the strawhats, that's for a good reason I already explained:

- Usopp later refused to stay on water Seven, that refusal was prepared since the beginning.

Put your money where your mouth is then, if that's the case, then Carrot isn't joining at all lmao. She's never "refused" anything either.

Yamato could just be unique and that is one thing that makes her joining differently than others. Every SH had their own unique little arc when they joined
What you don't understand is that the refusal of the call to adventure has not been theorized by Campbell only because every good story has it, it's because that refusal serves a purpose in the story. It prepares the switch of the character's status from a passive, to a active agent in the story.

In other words, wanting to join the crew because of baseless reasons is WEAK in term of storytelling. It tells nothing, it's only places the character of Yamato has a vessel for a non personnal desire.Yamato still be passive.

On the other hand, if Yamato refuses to join Momo at first, this would create a personnal conflict in Yamato's development. It would create the ground for a switch.. from Yamato being passive, wanting to join the crew for baseless reasons, to actually taking their future and responsibilities into their own hand, taking what they thinks freedom is, and transforming it, to become their own reality by becoming something they truly wants to become: Accepted and free.
Post automatically merged:

Put your money where your mouth is then, if that's the case, then Carrot isn't joining at all lmao. She's never "refused" anything either.
Indeed. It would be the same for Carrot.

Thats why no one else is currently joining the crew
:cheers:

The arrival of an admiral could convince Yamato that staying is the right thing to do
The boarders are closed :kriwhat: whatever Greenbull is about to do is not going to be serious.

The presence of the beast Pirate could lead Yamato to want to stay to protect the country
The snake smile user who was a teacher at that school isn't just out and about like nothing happened. Imagine thinking these people haven't been rounded up in Udon somewhere :suresure:

Momo could simply ask Yamato to stay.
For what? 2 scabbards died, and neither of them was Kinemon. Whatever help he would need in terms of manpower he's getting from the dukes and Denjiro

Status
Not open for further replies.