Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yamato is following her own path, she was never doing anything other than just that, she idolizes Oden not trying to do everything he did

Here's the thing though: Yamato only wants to join Luffy because Oden joined Roger. She believes what Ace told her about Luffy becoming the Pirate King, and so she sees Luffy as the next Roger.

Don't believe me? EVERY time Yamato has brought up wanting to join Luffy, she always finds a way to bring Oden into it

When she meets Luffy and announces she'll join, she says that "as Kozuki Oden" then Luffy is obligated to have her join. When fighting Kaido, she repeatedly states that she is Oden as she says she's going to sail with Luffy. When meeting the crew, she introduces herself as Kozuki Oden.

Yamato's desire to join the crew is inherently linked to her desire to be Oden. And no, she doesn't simply idolize Oden; she wants to be him.

Joining Luffy would not be following her own path. She'd simply be following the footsteps of Oden. And quite frankly I don't think that's going to happen, especially given what's happening with Aramaki. Yamato choosing to stay in Wano would show her deviating from the path of Oden, and forming her own path.

And while the WG does want to take over Wano, Greenbull is not targeting Wano so fiercely that he plans on leaving and coming back to destroy the country, he's there forbthebsole purpose of killing Luffy for Akainu's approval[

Once Luffy and co leave he has no reason to destroy Wano unless ordered to and as goes the crew so does the admiral
Reread his dialogue here

Let's say he loses in the next couple chapters. If he does, it's his duty as an admiral to come back and put Wano in its place. Otherwise, it would stand in violation of the hierarchy that he wants to enforce

And given her introduction to the crew, she still wants to do that
Exactly. She has had no character arc or any kind of development. If she joins the crew, she remains a static character who hasn't changed at all. If she doesn't join the crew, however, she'd go through an actual character arc. And given how common arcs about "following your own path" are in shonen, I think the latter is more likely

Yeah sorry about that. I don't know how to post a good image on the site I use
You said you’re a design student but you don’t know how to post a better quality picture?
:sanmoji:

Not to mention your layout is so terrible that it looks like you just copy paste whatever you find. Carrot will be sad looking at this “design” of yours of her

? Never said that mate.
You did say you’re a design student when you were trying to disregard me. Don’t tell me you forgot

https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/for...-and-the-grand-fleet.79/page-752#post-2349689

UUHhgh gosh no, I'm glad not to be an art studient anymore.. those were my ignorant years, when I thought I knew everything and the teacher nothing xD
:sanmoji:

My picture is here if you want to see it. https://pasteboard.co/JPjcq2QNlfTb.jpg

You wanted an answer, here it is.
Good. Now let’s count together everyone, shall we?
:cheers:

Nah, never said that, at Ieast I don't recall that, I was a design studiant so I know my stuff, but that's all.

Count mate, count.
Uh, you sure this isn’t you?

https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/for...-and-the-grand-fleet.79/page-752#post-2349689

UUHhgh gosh no, I'm glad not to be an art studient anymore.. those were my ignorant years, when I thought I knew everything and the teacher nothing xD
Don’t worry, I’m counting excellently. I believe others too. But honestly I’m wondering how do you cherry pick each panel? There are panels where Carrot is on the “post” but you don’t count, and there is a zoomed out panel of the ship being pincered yet you count it.

Don’t worry, I’m counting excellently. I believe others too. But honestly I’m wondering how do you cherry pick each panel? There are panels where Carrot is on the “post” but you don’t count, and there is a zoomed out panel of the ship being pincered yet you count it.
This is still going on six months since then. FFS. The literal definition of "Can't be wrong". How can somebody be this shameless as an adult; Who am I kidding only a manchild would.

I WAS, past. Not present.

It's you who is cherry picking here. Carrot is on the post = Lookout. Simple as that. And be glad that I didn't add the panel on Zou when she ACTS as a lookout too.

Even if you were to reduce by 20 that number of panel, it would be WAY TOO much for a simple background character.

The point is: Carrot has been drawn to the lookout post, acted as a lookout..

For a reason

You don't waste that much energy as an author just to fill a simple gap. This is peak shadowing (see my blog for the explanation of the word) from Oda here.

Last edited:
Not at the scale of Carrot
I WAS, past. Not present.

It's you who is cherry picking here. Carrot is on the post = Lookout. Simple as that. And be glad that I didn't add the panel on Zou when she ACTS as a lookout too.

Even if you were to reduce by 20 that number of panel, it would be WAY TOO much for a simple background character.

The point is: Carrot has been drawn to the lookout post, acted as a lookout..

For a reason

You don't waste that much energy as an author just to fill a simple gap. This is peak shadowing (see my blog for the explanation of the word) from Oda here.
😭😭😭😭 I am sorry to break it to you but everyone can do what carrot does which is looking through a telescope that's ain't something that requires a skill 😂 except for Fuji(because he's is blind but he have better sight than carrot)

Status
Not open for further replies.