Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
😭😭😭😭 I am sorry to break it to you but everyone can do what carrot does which is looking through a telescope that's ain't something that requires a skill 😂 except for Fuji(because he's is blind but he have better sight than carrot)
Everyone can be an helmman too, what distinguish a strawhat in a post is a very particular situation. (a tornado approaching / A pinch / A Tsunami etc.). Carrot is more than just a look out, she is a Sentry. So her moment was 888 and is heavily both literally and symbolically linked to the lookout post.

But I'm done with that argument. I won't go back to this discussion again.

Everyone can be an helmman too, what distinguish a strawhat in a post is a very particular situation. (a tornado approaching / A pinch / A Tsunami etc.). Carrot is more than just a look out, she is a Sentry. So her moment was 888 and is heavily both literally and symbolically linked to the lookout post.

But I'm done with that argument. I won't go back to this discussion again.
Can't believe you are still using Jimbei as an example 😭😭😭 where the hell do you get that she is a Sentry from and where does it show that the crew needs one? BB crew doesn't have a lookout but you think luffy is desperate for one when he Already has Usopp who is a much better lookout than that one Arc cheerleader bunny girl

I WAS, past. Not present.
Wua? You clearly didn’t say was. You said I’m. Whether it’s in the past or not you still claimed that you’re an art student. Sorry, but the way you collaged together all Carrot’s pictures it was terrible. Not just bad; terrible. I don’t know how any design/art major would accept you to begin with.

It's you who is cherry picking here. Carrot is on the post = Lookout. Simple as that. And be glad that I didn't add the panel on Zou when she ACT as a lookout too. Even if you were to reduce by 20 that number of panel, it would be WAY TOO much for a simple background character.

Wua? When and where did I cherry pick anything? I haven’t mentioned anything about my count yet. Stop being so suspicious and defensive.

Anyway I honestly don’t understand some of these parts:

1. How do you know that she’s on top of Sunny in this picture?

2. How you count this one (I can’t tell if Carrot is on the “post”. Can anyone tell, please?)

But not this one? (As I point with red arrow)

3. These don’t show anything about her being a lookout but you count them?
:kaidowhat:

There are some others too FYI. Sorry, I just can’t stand looking at your terrible layout design. But yeah looking at your terrible layout design I have completely no objection why you easily cherry picked them

The point is: Carrot has been drawn to the lookout post, acted as a lookout..

For a reason

You don't waste that much energy as an author just to fill a simple gap. This is peak shadowing (see my blog for the explanation of the word) from Oda here.
The reason is very obvious:

Usopp wasn’t there

That’s why when they were about to enter Onigashima, Usopp is back to do the job. You just can’t accept the facts

Wua? You clearly didn’t say was. You said I’m
No. Recheck mate.

1. How do you know that she’s on top of Sunny in this picture?
Because she is looking at the fleetcoming their way. Context matter.

2. How you count this one (I can’t tell if Carrot is on the “post”. Can anyone tell, please?)
She is, it's obvious. Context mate.. context. Look the panel just before that.

Simply Forgot lol

3. These don’t show anything about her being a lookout but you count them?
The point is "Carrot ON the lookout post and as a lookout" The moment Carrot is there, she IS a lookout.

That's not a reason.

Carrot was shadowed into that role, she didn't even needed to be there, Chopper could've done the job. Again, Oda DON'T WASTE TIME.
Post automatically merged:

That was an argument he used to use awhile back though
It is. The higher you can jump, the better the horizon you can look upon. With Carrot ability, she can be a better lookout than anyone. If you add her floating ability, it's a win win.

My main argument is this one:

There was a way to do whole cake WITHOUT Carrot and without hours of drawing. Oda choosed the opposite and choose to show us Carrot again.. and again.. and again.. in a very special position where NO non strawhat ever was at this scale.

The conclusion is right under your nose: Carrot is destined to be a look out. Good or bad, I don't care, she was, is and WILL BE a lookout. (and more precisely, a sentry)

Why don't you stop trying to convince us?
You're behaving as if we're so important that we absolutely need to agree with you.
No, I'm just doing that in order for you guys not to be too surprised by the endgame of Wano. I just don't want anyone to get revenge on Carrot or Carrot's fans just because Yamato didn't join.

is. The higher you can jump, the better the horizon you can look upon. With Carrot ability, she can be a better lookout than anyone. If you add her floating ability, it's a win win.
Here you go again with the floating ability 🤧 it's only in her sulong form nothing else also Sanji can't skywalk so come again and Jumping High isn't a problem in One piece cause in the latest chapter we see Yamato jump high enough to hit greenbul so come again

The point still stands: you’re a terrible design student. Maybe you got dropped out immediately during first semester looking at your layout.

Because she is looking at the fleetcoming their way. Context matter.

She is, it's obvious. Context mate.. context. Look the panel just before that.
So in context, everybody was also lookout since they were looking at the fleet…

The point is "Carrot ON the lookout post and as a lookout" The moment Carrot is there, she IS a lookout.
But she wasn’t doing a lookout job there. It’s a fact you can’t deny.

That's not a reason.

Carrot was shadowed into that role, she didn't even needed to be there, Chopper could've done the job. Again, Oda DON'T WASTE TIME.
It sure is the reason. She already said she wants to be helpful, therefore she did anything she could do to help. And that is to replace Usopp’s job temporarily. Context mate, context.

If you say that she’s the lookout, then tell us why it wasn’t Carrot who did the lookout job before entering Onigashima, but Usopp?

And since you said that Yamato won’t join, do you have anybody in your mind that will join? Besides Carrot, of course

There was a way to do whole cake WITHOUT Carrot and without hours of drawing. Oda choosed the opposite and choose to show us Carrot again.. and again.. and again.. in a very special position where NO non strawhat ever was at this scale.

The conclusion is right under your nose: Carrot is destined to be a look out. Good or bad, I don't care, she was, is and WILL BE a lookout. (and more precisely, a sentry)
No. The conclusion is that he had a perverted editor (who wanted to fuck her btw) who pushed her to get more screentime. Which Oda allowed because they were half a crew, so where was the harm? :kayneshrug:

Sorry bro this is hard copium.

You know what
Anyone can just leave the internet fandom. No body forces you to expose yourself to toxicity
Toxicity in fandom is like a rolling snowball. It grows as it falls. And sometime.. it grows so much that the toxicity not only hurt the fan, but the creators and agents in the story. That's what is happening to the Star wars fandom. And like I said many time on twitter and here, the One Piece fanbase is heading in the same direction.

The thing is.. I don't want the OP fanbase to become like that, that's why I'm denouncing the bullying on this thread. Picking is fun, ok I can get that. But what I'm seeing is far beyond just picking, it's actual bullying.

So.. when I'm warning you that Carrot will join, it's not only because I want her to, it's because I want you to understand why it was prepared and how. For this thread not to become a source of bullying to other fans when the bell will ring.

I want you guys not to be too frustrated by the hype that you start hating on Carrot or her fans for no reason, here or elsewhere.
Post automatically merged:

Is Carrot gonna sneak on board now?
Most likely yes

No. The conclusion is that he a perverted editor who pushed her to get more screentime. Which Oda allowed because they were half a crew, so where was the harm? :kayneshrug:

Sorry bro this is hard copium.

No, the editor theory doesn't take the story into account. Carrot wasn't "pushed" in the story, she was prepared to join the whole cake gang from the MOMENT she was introduced. Her lookout ability is the FIRST thing we see from her.

Status
Not open for further replies.