Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noticed a trend in the way of thinking of people who consistently predict the wrong outcome in One Piece.

They are focused on the wrong thing, trying to uncover some hidden logic behind the characters' actions or some secret in the story's plot or patterns in the numbers. Or even worse, they try to figure out what outcome would make the best story (to them). This is all nonsense. The only way to predict things is to figure out what story the author is trying to tell.

From that point of view it's pretty obvious that Yamato is joining and nobody else.

Why did the Straw Hats not say goodbye to Momo and Kin'emon? Because the author wants to have a big goodbye scene next chapter to end the arc with.
It also could be possible that since some people don’t consider Yamato wants to set sail, going on adventures, and live free like Oden as “dream” but “desire”, Yamato’s dream is to unveil the mystery of Laugh Tale and put it in her own journal; it also connects with Momo’s statement why Oden tore Laugh Tale pages.

I mean, Franky’s dream wasn’t revealed until post Enies Lobby.

This is Oda's storytelling these days. The only people he's fooling are the people who already fooled themselves with subversive affirmations.
What I don't understand is how people are even interpreting it differently lol.

Everything Oden did was to open Wano and leave it lol. If Yamato's role is to essentially complete the Journal and figure out why it's important to open Wano's borders with Momo, then its imperative she joins.

Also....literally a crew name order from Momo last week. It doesn't get any more solidified than that at this rate.
Post automatically merged:

It seems the hints are starting to come out, thread will be closed soon I guess :noo:
Where in the waiting room?

What I don't understand is how people are even interpreting it differently lol.

Everything Oden did was to open Wano and leave it lol. If Yamato's role is to essentially complete the Journal and figure out why it's important to open Wano's borders with Momo, then its imperative she joins.

Also....literally a crew name order from Momo last week. It doesn't get any more solidified than that at this rate.

Where in the waiting room?
Twitter, Redon and Emu released some apparently

Either we taste victory or become the biggest clowns on this site.

Regardless, it's been an honor ladies and gents. :cheers:
High risk, higher returns:myman:

Yeah, I found the Yamato scene weird at first. Yamato has been pretty set on joining Luffy during the raid. What exactly did Yamato need to decide, if not staying behind on Wano?

But I saw someone mention that we could see a flashback between Luffy and Yamato next chapter and that sparked an idea. What if Yamato already asked Luffy, and just like when they first met, Yamato asked “speaking as Kozuki Oden”. Which lead to Luffy telling Yamato that he would accept but Yamato has to be speaking freely as Yamato.

This could be what Yamato had to decide - does Yamato want to set out to sea as Yamato.

The whole scene will be non organic like Yamato's whole role in this arc

It will be bla bla bla Oden. Luffy will say bla bla bla fuck you. She will say bla bla bla OK I'm Yamato now and she joins for the money

Status
Not open for further replies.