Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Momo's now in Orochi's hands and they're preparing his execution, making the mission of Nami, Carrot and Shinobu the most important at the moment.

Whilst Shinobu's appearance in the tank seemed very random a few chapters ago, now it makes total sense why she's with them, as she's the one who Kanjuro tricked in order to capture Momo in the first place. You'd expect her to therefore be the one to help get him back.

And then there's Carrot. Who has no established personal relation to Momo but is now in a small group to help get him back. As opposed to a background character like Wanda who isn't even on panel and hasn't been for chapters now.

Carrot's treated like one of the protagonists in all of this, with her presence in the plots not even needing to be explained but simply expected as she is a prominent character. She left the minks and the fodder army to go join a more important subplot of rescuing Momo.

So Momo's now in Orochi's hands and they're preparing his execution, making the mission of Nami, Carrot and Shinobu the most important at the moment.

Whilst Shinobu's appearance in the tank seemed very random a few chapters ago, now it makes total sense why she's with them, as she's the one who Kanjuro tricked in order to capture Momo in the first place. You'd expect her to therefore be the one to help get him back.

And then there's Carrot. Who has no established personal relation to Momo but is now in a small group to help get him back. As opposed to a background character like Wanda who isn't even on panel and hasn't been for chapters now.

Carrot's treated like one of the protagonists in all of this, with her presence in the plots not even needing to be explained but simply expected as she is a prominent character. She left the minks and the fodder army to go join a more important subplot of rescuing Momo.
But how will they get away from Prometheu?

N

NeutralWatcher

Luffy said he wanted 10 crew members:
1. Zoro
2. Usopp
3. Nami
4. Sanji
5. Chopper
6. Robin
7. Franky
8. Brook
9. Jinbei

So Luffy has 9 crews which means 1 more crew member to join.

Oda also said the last crew member to join would be surprising and a former enemy (I forgot where Oda said this)

So it's possible for 1 more crew to join.

If there are 2 nakamas left, I go with Carrot and Queen
Carrot heydays are in the past, imo she will be a temporary SH like many others. Queen is funny but it is also evil and the left hand man of Kaido, a bit difficult to overcome that and make it a good hearted SH. Also there is his plague making and that can not work well with the SH and even less with Chopper.

Carrot heydays are in the past, imo she will be a temporary SH like many others. Queen is funny but it is also evil and the left hand man of Kaido, a bit difficult to overcome that and make it a good hearted SH. Also there is his plague making and that can not work well with the SH and even less with Chopper.
Never underestimate Oda because he’s got something special for Carrot. As for Queen, I don’t know, but we’ll see what happens

I mentioned a few months back that I believed Oden had some parallels to Carrot and recent events made me want to go back and properly look at Oden's adventure. Honestly, the comparisons that could be found were certainly convincing to me, so I'll share these and what I think this can mean for Carrot.

Most have already acknowledged that there are some clear similarities between Zou and Wano in terms of layout.
Also the fact that both are very hard to reach islands, with dangerous currents surrounding them and a mountain to climb in order to enter.

They are both very secluded islands with info hard to cross in and out.

We know that both Carrot and Oden had never left their respective isolated islands. And that their love of adventure is a defining trait for both characters, but in actually looking at the panels side by side, the similarities between the two and their journeys are striking. In some panels, the dialogue is almost verbatim.

The introduction of Oden and Carrot to the WBP and the SHP is by charing out of nowhere, clashing with WB and Zoro and totally taking them by surprise.

Both then plead for WBP and the SHP to take them along too in almost the exact same fashion
Both then have the same gag of vast naïvety at the scale of the world, once again done in mirrored way
And then both Carrot and Oden's reactions in discovering the size of the world.
And then there's their personalities and mannerisms throughout their adventuring. Both of them aghast, excited, fighting and relaxing at different points as they experience unique things during their journeys.
And possibly one of the most significant panels to keep in mind during all of this:

Oden was not content in simply leaving Wano. In his journey he experienced more and more amazing things, which only encouraged him to seek out even more. This is EXTREMELY relevant when talking about Carrot who is seeing some of the craziest things in her time with the straw hats. Especially on WCI. The island with some of the most bizarre things in the entire series. Be it islands, devil fruit powers or character designs and races.

Both Carrot and Oden started their adventure solely for the sake of adventure itself. They had only ever seen the island that they were born on and they both wanted to get out and travel the world. But there came a turning point for both of them which provided a greater purpose and direction to that broad pursuit of wonder. For Oden, that being when he met Roger.

Oden was totally taken aback by Roger's grandiose and it made him question things about himself such as why the Kozuki can read ponegliffs and why he had a seemingly fated encounter with Roger. His goal changed from general adventure to wanting to understand who exactly Roger was as well as the purpose of their encounter

In this, we had a moment that indicated a greater purpose and importance to a journey, The mystery of Roger and what he could go on to do.

Since Carrot and Oden had so many similarities up until this point, I looked for if there was any parallel for Carrot with this point for Oden and sure enough I found something that could very well be the case.
The final words of Carrot's mentor before blowing himself up were that one day SHE will understand the understand the TRUE IMPORTANCE of Luffy and his crew and what they will accomplish in their voyage. Then telling Carrot to keep moving onward. The parallels are uncanny.
Oden joined Roger in pursuit of understanding and I believe considering the similarities thus far, it's highly probable that something will happen in Wano (likely the opening of Wano's borders) that will trigger something in Carrot to want to join and follow the crew in their adventures until all that has been fated to happen, will eventually play out.

If that's not enough connection between the two, we even have the fact that the words of the Pirate King himself have been passed down to Carrot directly through Pedro who also "coincidentally" wanted to join the future PK's crew.
Whenever the theme of inheritance is introduced, you can be sure that the inheritor is going to go above and beyond what their former was capable of.

All in all, I think the similarities between Carrot and Oden's adventures are certainly worth taking note of and personally believe there to be an intentional parallel between the two. In rereading I also found this little remark from Marco.

This was said about Oden after 3 days of travelling with him. Makes you realise that that's pretty much how Oda and the straw hats probably already see Carrot. Especially after big straw hat group moments like this:

And the fact that Carrot has lived with them, sailed with them, laughed with them, cried with them and fought with them for weeks on end.

Luffy said he wanted 10 crew members:
1. Zoro
2. Usopp
3. Nami
4. Sanji
5. Chopper
6. Robin
7. Franky
8. Brook
9. Jinbei

So Luffy has 9 crews which means 1 more crew member to join.

Oda also said the last crew member to join would be surprising and a former enemy (I forgot where Oda said this)

So it's possible for 1 more crew to join.
This is incorrect. Oda said "They're gonna make a former boss character their partner and head to the New World." around the time the Sabaody arc occured. That was well over 10 years ago. Here is a link with Greg directly translating this info from Jump Festa in 2009: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=21067&page=250&p=1348312&viewfull=1#post1348312

This was in direct reference to Jinbe (he's called "Boss" Jinbe in relation to the Sun Pirates). At this point, Oda likely had the plans to have Jinbe join after Marineford, but he clearly had additional plans to hold off his joining (likely to not overshadow the timeskip strength of the crew).

So at this point, there have been no more direct references to crew members after Jinbe. I do agree with Carrot, and after this upcoming chapter, I do have a theory about another potential crewmember but I will wait until its out tomorrow to talk about that. If its between Carrot and this person, I feel that it is definitely this person. If Luffy's allowed to have more than 10 crewmembers, then I can totally see more than Jinbe/Carrot join this arc in something unprecedented.

I mentioned a few months back that I believed Oden had some parallels to Carrot and recent events made me want to go back and properly look at Oden's adventure. Honestly, the comparisons that could be found were certainly convincing to me, so I'll share these and what I think this can mean for Carrot.

Most have already acknowledged that there are some clear similarities between Zou and Wano in terms of layout.
Also the fact that both are very hard to reach islands, with dangerous currents surrounding them and a mountain to climb in order to enter.

They are both very secluded islands with info hard to cross in and out.

We know that both Carrot and Oden had never left their respective isolated islands. And that their love of adventure is a defining trait for both characters, but in actually looking at the panels side by side, the similarities between the two and their journeys are striking. In some panels, the dialogue is almost verbatim.

The introduction of Oden and Carrot to the WBP and the SHP is by charing out of nowhere, clashing with WB and Zoro and totally taking them by surprise.

Both then plead for WBP and the SHP to take them along too in almost the exact same fashion
Both then have the same gag of vast naïvety at the scale of the world, once again done in mirrored way
And then both Carrot and Oden's reactions in discovering the size of the world.
And then there's their personalities and mannerisms throughout their adventuring. Both of them aghast, excited, fighting and relaxing at different points as they experience unique things during their journeys.
And possibly one of the most significant panels to keep in mind during all of this:

Oden was not content in simply leaving Wano. In his journey he experienced more and more amazing things, which only encouraged him to seek out even more. This is EXTREMELY relevant when talking about Carrot who is seeing some of the craziest things in her time with the straw hats. Especially on WCI. The island with some of the most bizarre things in the entire series. Be it islands, devil fruit powers or character designs and races.

Both Carrot and Oden started their adventure solely for the sake of adventure itself. They had only ever seen the island that they were born on and they both wanted to get out and travel the world. But there came a turning point for both of them which provided a greater purpose and direction to that broad pursuit of wonder. For Oden, that being when he met Roger.

Oden was totally taken aback by Roger's grandiose and it made him question things about himself such as why the Kozuki can read ponegliffs and why he had a seemingly fated encounter with Roger. His goal changed from general adventure to wanting to understand who exactly Roger was as well as the purpose of their encounter

In this, we had a moment that indicated a greater purpose and importance to a journey, The mystery of Roger and what he could go on to do.

Since Carrot and Oden had so many similarities up until this point, I looked for if there was any parallel for Carrot with this point for Oden and sure enough I found something that could very well be the case.
The final words of Carrot's mentor before blowing himself up were that one day SHE will understand the understand the TRUE IMPORTANCE of Luffy and his crew and what they will accomplish in their voyage. Then telling Carrot to keep moving onward. The parallels are uncanny.
Oden joined Roger in pursuit of understanding and I believe considering the similarities thus far, it's highly probable that something will happen in Wano (likely the opening of Wano's borders) that will trigger something in Carrot to want to join and follow the crew in their adventures until all that has been fated to happen, will eventually play out.

If that's not enough connection between the two, we even have the fact that the words of the Pirate King himself have been passed down to Carrot directly through Pedro who also "coincidentally" wanted to join the future PK's crew.
Whenever the theme of inheritance is introduced, you can be sure that the inheritor is going to go above and beyond what their former was capable of.

All in all, I think the similarities between Carrot and Oden's adventures are certainly worth taking note of and personally believe there to be an intentional parallel between the two. In rereading I also found this little remark from Marco.

This was said about Oden after 3 days of travelling with him. Makes you realise that that's pretty much how Oda and the straw hats probably already see Carrot. Especially after big straw hat group moments like this:

And the fact that Carrot has lived with them, sailed with them, laughed with them, cried with them and fought with them for weeks on end.
That I truly understand dude.

This is incorrect. Oda said "They're gonna make a former boss character their partner and head to the New World." around the time the Sabaody arc occured. That was well over 10 years ago. Here is a link with Greg directly translating this info from Jump Festa in 2009: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=21067&page=250&p=1348312&viewfull=1#post1348312

This was in direct reference to Jinbe (he's called "Boss" Jinbe in relation to the Sun Pirates). At this point, Oda likely had the plans to have Jinbe join after Marineford, but he clearly had additional plans to hold off his joining (likely to not overshadow the timeskip strength of the crew).

So at this point, there have been no more direct references to crew members after Jinbe. I do agree with Carrot, and after this upcoming chapter, I do have a theory about another potential crewmember but I will wait until its out tomorrow to talk about that. If its between Carrot and this person, I feel that it is definitely this person. If Luffy's allowed to have more than 10 crewmembers, then I can totally see more than Jinbe/Carrot join this arc in something unprecedented.
Jinbei, Carrot, and Yamato.

Status
Not open for further replies.