Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point, I guess the next SH would be someone we knew for years... Someone introduced before timeskip...
I fully agree that the next SH has to be someone we have known for years.

There's apparently 4-5 years left of OP. The journey is almost finished. By the end of Wano, the straw hats would be recognised as a fully fledged yonko level threat. That idea has already been teased by Morgans after WCI, and when they defeat Kaido it will become a reality. They will officially be at the top. And the battle will be one between equals at the summit, rather than those on their way up.

Anyone who joins the crew when they're already at the top would simply be piggybacking on their glory and would not feel like a true member of the crew to the readers, or in the OP world.

Even for Jinbe, who only just joined recently, he'd been in the process of doing so since 2012. It wasn't like pre timeskip where a character can just join the crew in the arc they're introduced. They need to be with the crew for an extended period of time for them to really feel like a part of the journey.

And that's exactly what Oda seems to be doing with Carrot. Introducing her in Zou, having her randomly travel to WCI, for literally no reason other than "FUN", having her then travel to Wano, and now having her as a key figure alongside the straw hats in the main operation.

It would feel out of place and arguably undeserved to just have Carrot join in Zou, having missed so much of the journey so that's why I believe he brought her along for the ride in WCI, one of the longest arcs in the series so we can feel accustomed to her with the crew, so she too can play a big role in their adventure (having saved their lives even) so when she officially joins, things fit as she's already been in those massive landmark moments with the crew.

So that her being in moments like this isn't strange or forced, but simply natural as a straw hat pirate herself.

WCI alone took two years, I don't think he will be able to wrap up all the loose ends in four years. At least I hope he can't.
I fully doubt he'll be able to either. And if he does, it'll be rushed to all hell. But Oda said he'll be finished in 5 years AND he got his editors to double down on his statement and say he'd be done in 5 years after previously doubting him.

Either way, the point is that the story's almost over. And introducing a character into the journey at the very end is pointless. Carrot was introduced in 2015 with Zou. By the time Wano is finished it'll likely be 2021. That's enough time for the readers to get used to her being around with the crew for it to stick well.

There's apparently 4-5 years left of OP. The journey is almost finished. By the end of Wano, the straw hats would be recognised as a fully fledged yonko level threat. That idea has already been teased by Morgans after WCI, and when they defeat Kaido it will become a reality. They will officially be at the top. And the battle will be one between equals at the summit, rather than those on their way up.

Anyone who joins the crew when they're already at the top would simply be piggybacking on their glory and would not feel like a true member of the crew to the readers, or in the OP world.

Even for Jinbe, who only just joined recently, he'd been in the process of doing so since 2012. It wasn't like pre timeskip where a character can just join the crew in the arc they're introduced. They need to be with the crew for an extended period of time for them to really feel like a part of the journey.

And that's exactly what Oda seems to be doing with Carrot. Introducing her in Zou, having her randomly travel to WCI, for literally no reason other than "FUN", having her then travel to Wano, and now having her as a key figure alongside the straw hats in the main operation.

It would feel out of place and arguably undeserved to just have Carrot join in Zou, having missed so much of the journey so that's why I believe he brought her along for the ride in WCI, one of the longest arcs in the series so we can feel accustomed to her with the crew, so she too can play a big role in their adventure (having saved their lives even) so when she officially joins, things fit as she's already been in those massive landmark moments with the crew.

So that her being in moments like this isn't strange or forced, but simply natural as a straw hat pirate herself.
Excellent post. Especially considering the fact that Carrot didn't need to join the crew for WCI. The story would have been different, obviously, but Pedro alone could have served as the Mink representative and he didn't need to have his life shortened either.

Excellent post. Especially considering the fact that Carrot didn't need to join the crew for WCI. The story would have been different, obviously, but Pedro alone could have served as the Mink representative and he didn't need to have his life shortened either.
Carrot is like the rabbit in alice in wonderland. Beyond that context, i dont have any comment

Yess... chopper have monster point, Nami have Zeus and usopp have that plant thingy to beat carrot so yeah I have three of them above weakling like carrot
Surely you can't already forget that she's pretty capable in close-quarters, something that Nami and Robin are not, along with her Electro ability. Plus, how could you forget about her Sulong form? She still has ways to go, but in case you also forgot, she is 15 years old. There's a thing called giving people time to develop, which Oda has clearly done in the last 4-5 years with her. So please, next time think before you write something on the fly

Carrot is a post-timeskip character, her relevance with the Straw Hats at this point is no better than Kin'emon (and his legs was also invited by Luffy to join) who also traveled with them since PH... I'm talking about pre-timeskip characters as relevant as Hancock, Crocodile or Buggy (not saying they will) who always get some screentime every arc transitions... That's how Jinbe was shown since his introduction...

WCI alone took two years, I don't think he will be able to wrap up all the loose ends in four years. At least I hope he can't.

Jinbore is perfect to be killed in the war now. Giving his life for Luffy is basically his MO, and there is no way the Straw Hats walk out undamaged from this. Hmmm could also be Carrot :zorothink:
I might be worried but never underestimate Oda because there’s always faith and miracle.

Last edited:
Surely you can't already forget that she's pretty capable in close-quarters, something that Nami and Robin are not, along with her Electro ability. Plus, how could you forget about her Sulong form? She still has ways to go, but in case you also forgot, she is 15 years old. There's a thing called giving people time to develop, which Oda has clearly done in the last 4-5 years with her. So please, next time think before you write something on the fly
Well chopper can squash her like a bug she is and Nami can electrocuted her from distances and Robin can choked her from distances as well soooo......

Jinbore is perfect to be killed in the war now. Giving his life for Luffy is basically his MO, and there is no way the Straw Hats walk out undamaged from this. Hmmm could also be Carrot :zorothink:

I don't understand why people in general want luffy to lose a friend.
He saw whitebeard and the admirals at full power and his powerless self. That is why he trained with rayleigh, who was at his prime probably at yonko level himself. At least, he knows how powerfull luffy has to be, since he was the vice of roger.

2 years training... just so he loses another one of his friends? Even AFTER pedro supposedly sacrificed himself, so that luffy and co could escape from big mom...

I don't understand why people in general want luffy to lose a friend.
He saw whitebeard and the admirals at full power and his powerless self. That is why he trained with rayleigh, who was at his prime probably at yonko level himself. At least, he knows how powerfull luffy has to be, since he was the vice of roger.

2 years training... just so he loses another one of his friends? Even AFTER pedro supposedly sacrificed himself, so that luffy and co could escape from big mom...
Don't make it sound like that, I don't wish for Luffy to be hurt :catcry:

But as heroes, they have to have some loss as they achieve their goal. Imagine becoming pirate king, and the only sacrifice you have is losing your brother, while your crew remains intact? I know it's happy-go-lucky One Piece, but even in OP that's not probable. If nothing happens to them ever, then it won't have a good emotional feedback from the readers.

Also, secretly I want Jinbore to die because he's perfect for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.