Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My problem with Yamato is what Oden wrote in chapter 967 in his diary. After Oden returned to Wano after 4 years to get the poneglyph with Roger, he said '' if I had turned around how Wano looks now I would never have left this island again ''.

If he had turned around and seen Wano change for the worse, he would not have followed Roger. He would have stayed in Wano forever. In his diary, Oden makes it clear that the state of Wano is more important to him than exploring the world. Wano looks worse after 20 years. In other words, even if Oden had managed to rebuild Wano back then and bring it back to its old glory, he would have stayed in Wano to protect it.

Oden could neither open the borders of wano, rebuild it nor protect it. I therefore think that after Yamato opens the borders of wano, she has more reason to stay in Wano, to bring it back to its former glory and to protect it.

Last edited:
My problem with Yamato is what Oden wrote in chapter 967 in his diary. After Oden returned to Wano after 4 years to get the poneglyph with Roger, he said '' if I had turned around how Wano looks now I would never have left this island again ''.

If he had turned around and seen Wano change for the worse, he would not have followed Roger. He would have stayed in Wano forever. In his diary, Oden makes it clear that the state of Wano is more important to him than exploring the world. Wano looks worse after 20 years. In other words, even if Oden had managed to rebuild Wano back then and bring it back to its old glory, he would have stayed in Wano to protect it.

Oden could neither open the borders of wano, rebuild it nor protect it. I therefore think that after Yamato opens the borders of wano, she has more reason to stay in Wano, to bring it back to its former glory and to protect it.
I fully agree with that.

Yamato is definitely giving off Strawhat vibes, but imo people are way too confident for a character who was just introduced last chapter. I would love to see it happen, but unfortunately I still think Carrot is in the best position here.
Definitely, we in a middle of a war here people. I mean come on, she wants Luffy to fight with her meaning their in an alliance.

:namiriously:that’s not what I meant, and only for Yamato to join the grand fleet
Yamato will probably and should already be a bigger character than the Grand Fleet... it would be a grave misuse of her character just for her to join it and not the crew. Grand Fleet are for the secondary characters that aren't main cast material but will support the main cast later down the road, like Carrot and the minks.

Yamato will probably and should already be a bigger character than the Grand Fleet... it would be a grave misuse of her character just for her to join it and not the crew. Grand Fleet are for the secondary characters that aren't main cast material but will support the main cast later down the road, like Carrot and the minks.
What you rather have Tama or Yamato
Post automatically merged:

Odens will is to open the borders of Wano, as such is Yamato's will and dream. Her dream will be fulfilled by the arc's conclusion. Not to mention she doesn't have a distinct enough look. She's Nami with horns. If Oda is going to take the time to create a new female Straw Hat, then you can bet he will take the time to make her look unique.
Exactly, Yamato have no time to join the crew.

Odens will is to open the borders of Wano, as such is Yamato's will and dream. Her dream will be fulfilled by the arc's conclusion. Not to mention she doesn't have a distinct enough look. She's Nami with horns. If Oda is going to take the time to create a new female Straw Hat, then you can bet he will take the time to make her look unique.
How are we certain that it's the only form of Yamato's race? Kaido can transform into a dragon, she might also be able to transform into a dragon... Like this:

Wanting to go on an adventure, whether it's Yamato or Carrot, is an absolutely shit dream and not Strawhat material at all. Every Strawhat wants to go on an adventure to accomplish their dream. It's the means to the end, not the end itself. Every frigging pirate in the series who left their home island and went out on the high seas is out for adventure.

How would it even work as a dream? It's already been achieved simply by going to sea. We'll get a big moment where Luffy becomes Pirate King, Zoro WSS, Nami makes a map of the world, Usopp becomes a brave man of the seas, Sanji discovers All Blue, Robin finds out the true history, Franky's ship of dreams sails to the ends of the earth, Brook goes all the way through the Grand Line and meets up with Laboon, Jinbei gains equality for Fishmen...

... the fuck is the climatic moment for "going on an adventure?" Just going to Laugh Tale? That's nothing special, the others are going there for a reason beyond that.

The Dawn and opening up Wano at least work as concrete dreams despite the myriad other problems the characters have. "Going on an adventure" is rubbish.

L

Levi_Ackerman

Wanting to go on an adventure, whether it's Yamato or Carrot, is an absolutely shit dream and not Strawhat material at all. Every Strawhat wants to go on an adventure to accomplish their dream. It's the means to the end, not the end itself. Every frigging pirate in the series who left their home island and went out on the high seas is out for adventure.

How would it even work as a dream? It's already been achieved simply by going to sea. We'll get a big moment where Luffy becomes Pirate King, Zoro WSS, Nami makes a map of the world, Usopp becomes a brave man of the seas, Sanji discovers All Blue, Robin finds out the true history, Franky's ship of dreams sails to the ends of the earth, Brook goes all the way through the Grand Line and meets up with Laboon, Jinbei gains equality for Fishmen...

... the fuck is the climatic moment for "going on an adventure?" Just going to Laugh Tale? That's nothing special, the others are going there for a reason beyond that.

The Dawn and opening up Wano at least work as concrete dreams despite the myriad other problems the characters have. "Going on an adventure" is rubbish.
Can exploring the world be considered a dream ?

Status
Not open for further replies.