Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, Yamato's here and almost everyone is on the nakama bandwagon again. I don't blame them though. She has only been here two chapters and already better than cardboard carrot in the personality department. So props to her. If Oda wants her for nakama, I wouldn't have any qualms about it. However my bet is still on ol' Water-Loo on having the highest potential for nakama unless Oda offs him (pfft, Oda can't even kill Pound off... what am I saying). Ulti's nice too, but she's a villain with no signs of remorse. Well, anyways good luck Yamato. I'll root for you!
:cheers:

You know I meant to delete this account. I guess the admin never got around to it. I can't blame them; they probably got their hands full here.
Somebody better get the sharpies out we be drawing Xs on our wrists to show off on Reddit Again:kizabat:

Somebody better get the sharpies out we be drawing Xs on our wrists to show off on Reddit Again:kizabat:
Only if you like being down-voted for having an opinion. I don't so, no thanks. Why do some sites have a stupid down vote anyway, it's too easy for trolls to abuse.

Anyway it'll be interesting to see if Oda has any big backstory in store for Yamato. That's what makes or breaks a nakama candidate for me, and why I gave up on Kinemon who was just a minor player in Oden's flashback. There's got to be a really strong motivation for the character, and we know it's Oden, but I would like to see how it changed Yamato rather than just being told it did.

Only if you like being down-voted for having an opinion. I don't so, no thanks. Why do some sites have a stupid down vote anyway, it's too easy for trolls to abuse.

Anyway it'll be interesting to see if Oda has any big backstory in store for Yamato. That's what makes or breaks a nakama candidate for me, and why I gave up on Kinemon who was just a minor player in Oden's flashback. There's got to be a really strong motivation for the character, and we know it's Oden, but I would like to see how it changed Yamato rather than just being told it did.
I see Yamatos back story feeding into Momo

I still think there's only one more after Jinbei, but just for the fun of it, let's say this letter pattern works out. I'd imagine Hancock being HG and Oden(Yamato) being OP. But who would WX be?
As a previous poster pointed out to me way back in this thread, Oda changed Trafalgar Law's name to Trafalgar D. Water Law to fit the WX pattern. Since the D. initial is his middle name then "Water Law" becomes his first name. It's a weird way to go about it, but it doesn't bother me.
:kayneshrug:

You know I wouldn't be surprised if Yamato turns out to not really be her first name. I'm not too familiar with Japanese names admittedly, but Yamato always struck me as a masculine name for some reason.

As a previous poster pointed out to me way back in this thread, Oda changed Trafalgar Law's name to Trafalgar D. Water Law to fit the WX pattern. Since the D. initial is his middle name then "Water Law" becomes his first name. It's a weird way to go about it, but it doesn't bother me.
:kayneshrug:

You know I wouldn't be surprised if Yamato turns out to not really be her first name. I'm not too familiar with Japanese names admittedly, but Yamato always struck me as a masculine name for some reason.
So in that case we get Hancock, Yamato, and Law. Would be awesome but I really don't see it happening.

Could be.

After the SH have been split up in Sabaody, Oda start to build the relation of Luffy with Jinbei, with the Boss being something like a pseudo-crewmate in the War Saga, being by Luffy side since they meet in ID until his tantrum after the war, and then right after the SH reunited they get together with him in FI where he act already as a crew member and is asked to join, but his official introducion happend just now. And then, just after Jinbei finaly join we get to see a totaly new character that right on get some important interactions with Luffy.

I personaly think that Oda wait until Jinbei finaly join for then to introduce the next mugiwara when the crew is complete.

They are Minks, That's not racist. Calling them animals would be racist, But they are essentially that.
Carrot doesn't have enough going for her to be considered a Main Cast character.
Doesn't have enough? What are you talking about? First off, she's an excellent close-quarter combatant, something that both Robin and Nami are not, her trump card, which is her Sulong form is pretty OP like Chopper's monster point, she's incredibly agile and fearless, she's pretty resourceful when she evaded capture from brulee and defeated brulee and her minions to assume control of the mirror world with Chopper, she's got a natural curiosity to explore the world, she's carrying Pedro's will and that of the mink tribe in general with her and to top it off, she's quirky like most of the other crew members and is abundantly cute inside and out. How much more reason do you need to be apart of the crew than that?

Doesn't have enough? What are you talking about? First off, she's an excellent close-quarter combatant, something that both Robin and Nami are not, her trump card, which is her Sulong form is pretty OP like Chopper's monster point, she's incredibly agile and fearless, she's pretty resourceful when she evaded capture from brulee and defeated brulee and her minions to assume control of the mirror world with Chopper, she's got a natural curiosity to explore the world, she's carrying Pedro's will and that of the mink tribe in general with her and to top it off, she's quirky like most of the other crew members and is abundantly cute inside and out. How much more reason do you need to be apart of the crew than that?
I.e. not much that's different from Chopper. Cute? So again like Chopper.
Your not bring much to the table here.

In all seriousness though, she's another Nami copy with horns
Don't think she's will add anything to the crew, and tbh I don't think there will be new recruits after Jinbe

And what role would she play exactly? The crew positions are all filled lol
Look out maybe?
And also I believe the crew need a skilled strategist since they have the grand Fleet and will face BBP and the marines, but this won't be for Yamato.
Yamato as a look out is good enough btw

Unlike popular opinion, there aren't criteria for people to join the crew; all of these criteria you guys put are just your headcanon that became "facts" among the fandom. Anyone can join the crew as long as Oda wishes for, Jinbei for me didn't feel like a Strawhat when he fired appeared but now he is a full fledged member

Status
Not open for further replies.