Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Usopp didn't have much value, Brook provides nothing, what a terrible choice of words. Your basically saying I've seen everything she has to offer and I void her chance to join.
She has more reason then Momo who people want him to join. Its just a neverending parade of bullshit.
Ussop is a great sniper, the son of one of Shanks' commanders, and defeated the 1st mate of Kuro's pirates. Brook is a veteran pirate and a solid swordsman who is semi immortal. I'm not saying Hiyori is impossible, but right now there is zero reason for her to ask to join and zero reason for Luffy to let her join. If she shows some hidden talent then things could be different. I agree though, Momo joining would be even more pointless.

Ussop is a great sniper, the son of one of Shanks' commanders, and defeated the 1st mate of Kuro's pirates. Brook is a veteran pirate and a solid swordsman who is semi immortal. I'm not saying Hiyori is impossible, but right now there is zero reason for her to ask to join and zero reason for Luffy to let her join. If she shows some hidden talent then things could be different. I agree though, Momo joining would be even more pointless.
Using your distinction, Hiyori is a Daughter of a Samurai, the one who Scared Kaidou, a Yonko. Hiyori imo has the better pedigree.

Last edited:
Using your distinction, Hiyori is a Daughter of a Samurai, the one who Scared Kaidou, a Yonko. Hiyori imo has the better pedigree.
Way to miss the point. That was one thing, and the smallest one at that. Not to mention I meant that Ussop was the son of someone Luffy knows and looks up to, not someone important in general. I doubt Luffy cares about being Odens daughter, just like if Yamato joins it will not be because she is Kaido's daughter. But Ussop was also useful for sniping and proved himself by defeating Jango. Hiyori joining would be the equivalent of if Kaya was Yassop's daughter and she joined instead of Ussop. That on its own would never have been enough for Ussop to join the crew.

Like I said, if Hiyori has some crazy hidden talent then things could be different. We will have to wait and see. But currently she has no useful abilities, has not even met Luffy (as far as I remember), has no distinct dream, and has every reason to stay in Wano. I just have absolutely no clue what is making you think Hiyori for nakama.

You can, and that's why I didn't delete all the posts or give anyone warning points. But the last few messages were getting a bit too personal and weren't heading in a good direction, so I deleted them.
Well maybe for the other person. I'm used to people attacking my person. Fair enough I guess.
Post automatically merged:

While id love a woman shogun thats obviously not what yamato wants. He was legit mad at kaido for planned it last chapter

Yamato wants to be like oden aka free
Free to leave unshackled to do whatever he wants. Wanted to join aces crew in the past and even hopes to join luffy

Becoming shogun goes dirty against what he wants. If anyone why not hiyori
Yamato, she will never be Shogun. We don't know what Hiyori wants, maybe she wants to see the world, maybe she's content to live the rest of her days in Wano, a disappointment of Oden's child.

While id love a woman shogun thats obviously not what yamato wants. He was legit mad at kaido for planned it last chapter

Yamato wants to be like oden aka free
Free to leave unshackled to do whatever he wants. Wanted to join aces crew in the past and even hopes to join luffy

Becoming shogun goes dirty against what he wants. If anyone why not hiyori
I agree. Yamato has been waiting years to set sail with Luffy. She's not going to just stay in Wano after all that.

I don't understand how you think Yamato was waiting for Luffy. Yamato waited for Luffy as Ace's brother, not as Luffy. She didn't wait for Luffy because he was Luffy, but because he was Ace's brother.

"I've followed the proper logic" "As Ace's brother, you should be giving me a ride on your ship"

Yamato says here that she follows her logic (since Luffy is Ace's brother). Luffy is not the reason why she wants to join him, but her reasoning. Logic is the reason why she wants to go on Luffy's ship because he is the brother of Ace.

Here Yamato is implying that Luffy has a duty as Ace's brother to give him a ride on his ship. Yamato wants to go on the ship for the wrong reasons (not for Luffy but by simple "logic")

I don't understand how you think Yamato was waiting for Luffy. Yamato waited for Luffy as Ace's brother, not as Luffy. She didn't wait for Luffy because he was Luffy, but because he was Ace's brother.

"I've followed the proper logic" "As Ace's brother, you should be giving me a ride on your ship"

Yamato says here that she follows her logic (since Luffy is Ace's brother). Luffy is not the reason why she wants to join him, but her reasoning. Logic is the reason why she wants to go on Luffy's ship because he is the brother of Ace.

Here Yamato is implying that Luffy has a duty as Ace's brother to give him a ride on his ship. Yamato wants to go on the ship for the wrong reasons (not for Luffy but by simple "logic")
Well, she clearly doesn't even know Luffy yet. All she knows is "Ace's Brother". Now this arc will allow her to know Luffy.

Where is the contradiction? Even if she only waited for Luffy because he was Ace's brother she still waited for Luffy.

Where is the contradiction? Even if she only waited for Luffy because he was Ace's brother she still waited for Luffy.
I wanted to say that she wasn't waiting for Luffy specifically.

The only reason she was waiting for him was because he is Ace's brother, not because Luffy is the reason. She just wants to join Luffy because he's Ace's brother, not because of Luffy. As I said, she only wants to accompany him for wrong reasons. Not for Luffy, but for her logic.

I wanted to say that she wasn't waiting for Luffy specifically.

The only reason she was waiting for him was because he is Ace's brother, not because Luffy is the reason. She just wants to join Luffy because he's Ace's brother, not because of Luffy. As I said, she only wants to accompany him for wrong reasons. Not for Luffy, but for her logic.
But she WAS waiting for Luffy specifically. You just don't like the reason. Robin only asked to join because Luffy is the one who defeated her previous captain. That's no better of a reason.

But when she left alabasta with them (which is when she was officially labeled as the sixth Strawhat by the way) it was just because he beat Crocodile.
No, she had never said that Crocodile's defeat was the reason why she wanted to follow Luffy.

That was the reason why Robin saved Luffy's life. After that she just wanted to die but Luffy refused to let Robin die and saved her.

Status
Not open for further replies.