Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are you seeing trauma exactly? In fact, she was pretty upset that Luffy didn't even say her real name right the first time he properly addressed her. I don't see her idolization of Oden being something linked to trauma of her identity.
Uh:

- From the clear abuse she faced against her father. Beaten near to death for it
- Losing Ace
- Being stranded and trapped on Onigashima for 20 years, along with explosive handcuffs.

Does it have to be exactly with "identity"? No. Does she clearly have a fucked up background that is likely the driving force behind her weird personality? Yes.
We also have no idea what she endured before Oden died.

I suport the theory that said carrot's sad backstory is being written at the moment. So if these minks die clashing againts kaido she is joining foreal (bonus point if carrot see wanda getting killed right in front of her).

for yamato, she has to realize what flaw oden has (dont wanting to recieve help is his major flaw), prove that she is more than oden (trusting the strawhat to help her) , thus be better than him.

for vivi, the whole arabasta nation basically needs to be taken under hostage, or even genocided as a whole. Sadly this is realistic as so many people turn their eyes to them (due to ancient weapon and/or gorosei's cleansing)

I feel 75% chance of them joining.

I still think 4 from each seas make sense. Monster, mid and weak quartet is a logical option (Luffy is not included, he is considered as captain)

1- Luffy
2- Zoro, Sanji, Jinbei, Yamato
3- Franky, Brook, Carrot, Robin
4- Nami, Chopper, Usopp, ?

The only thing is how you can fill ? Vivi is an option but she strikes me as way too weak compared to Nami, Chopper and Usopp.
Maybe Carrot can be placed in weak quartet, though in that case we would need a nakama for the middle.
It’s noticeable how Luffy’s pre-Grand Line recruits were relatively normal humans (Zoro withstanding Kuma’s power and Sanji being able to heat up his legs aside), while Luffy’s Grand Line recruits have either been not quite traditionally human or have eaten a Devil Fruit. I suppose Yamato could fall into the “not quite traditionally human” category?

Btw, I believe that in the new world, a new "criteria" emerged, which is to have a tie to ace even if it is vague.
I mean, jinbei and yamato are quite obvious...
But rather than having some ties to Ace, I'm more confident in theory that new world recruit are certain species/race/tribe that have faith that Luffy/SH can bring "new era" to their people.

Yamato seems promising, there is definitely a baseline there, and an obvious setup (Oden going with Roger, Yamato with Luffy), but that can easily also lead Yamato simply staying with Momo by his side. The son thing was played off as a joke but who knows.

Anyway, first Jinbe color page with the crew...

Perona just came to my mind. Don't believe her to join the crew. But feel like she will be with SHs at some point. She was going to meet moria. And I don't believe a story where she meets moria and has to join BB will happen, given moria being a father who needs to be "rescued" he probably will send her back. Her second guardian Mihawk also has parted ways with her, he will probably be busy with marines/Shanks. Only other encounter I can think of is SH against BB and perona being part of it. Moria has lost his crew again so don't really see his crew being formed again. So if perona has to be with her family it would be her living with moria or having a new family(SHs). Chances of moria surviving are pretty low in the series. So maybe she joins SHs(maybe temporary). At the very least she will be involved alongside with them.
If not then SH crew should be locked now, no new characters. Don't believe we need any.

Many seem to be championing Carrot as a new member, particularly on the basis of Pedro being someone close to her who died. While I’m definitely not against her joining and am open to the idea, the suggestion honestly just isn’t resonating with me at the same time. I really don’t think a recruitment should be simplified to “this loved one dies, and then boom, guaranteed recruit.”

Status
Not open for further replies.