Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think momo won't let yamato get discriminated or persecuted by wano citizen, the same way he talk to udon prisoners about luffy as a pirate

Fyi I googled yamato name meaning and find that her name means "great harmony" (idk if the kanji fits to her name)
This is part of the reason why she will join the SHs.

Wano is not her place anymore to be honest, and once Kaido will be defeated, she will finally "forget" about all of her issues.

I can't wait for more of her childhood to be introduced, we have only seen the face of the whole thing.

Wano is not her place anymore to be honest, and once Kaido will be defeated, she will finally "forget" about all of her issues.

I can't wait for more of her childhood to be introduced, we have only seen the face of the whole thing.
Proving my point, We need to wait to see her backstory etc... her Character Development... ATM Yes. We are busy in this raid but it's not unprecedented that FB's happen when they need too.

Yamato has much more going for her in 7 chapters than Carrot did in 200+.
You might like Yamato, and he's made a strong impression, ticks off a lot of boxes. But he doesn't give me the impression of being a character planned very far in advance, which is one advantage Carrot has in her favor. Oda knew she would be in the war, and planted her into the story and the hearts of the crew years ago. That connection to the crew, both on WCI and now on Onigashima, is another advantage: only Luffy knows of Yamato's existence, which will need to be addressed and doesn't look like it will be anytime soon.

Yamato is emulating Oden to a fault. Is that all he'll ever want to be? Because while the SHs admired and were inspired by their mentors, they are their own selves, and not trying to be someone else. And if Yamato does break out a bit more and try to be his own person, who's to say what he'll decide to do? Maybe traveling the world is something he'd want to do for himself and not just because of Oden, but he also could decide he'd want to stay in Wano with Kaido gone and Momo more accepting of him, especially if he stops trying to replace his dad.

I dunno, I feel like the Levely was partially set up for Vivi to become relevant in the story arc once again.

Since Imu has his sights specifically on Vivi, I suspect that this situation is ripe for her to become a fugitive if she somehow escaped the Governement’s clutches.

How would she have escaped? I think she has a chance either with the help of Sabo and the revolutionaries or Kuma’s devil fruit abilities.

Where would she find protection? The revolutionaries seem like a good option but the SHs themselves also would seem valid in this situation.

The latter option would also fulfill the promise the SHs made with Vivi at the end of Alabasta.

Just my two cents.
Being relevant is important, and she definitely has a part to play in the future, but it doesn't equate to being an actual SH pirate. Vivi chose to remain a princess and lead her country. She hasn't shown any change in strength, and even if she reunites with the crew at some point, how will she contribute when the others spent two years intensely training?

Also just a quick correction, Jinbe joined during Whole Cake Island, not Wano.
He should have joined then, but it's the same deal as the end of FI: he had something else he needed to take care of first, and he only signed the contract, so to speak, when he came back for good. His absence from the volume table of contents and all the color spreads for two years supports that.

Proving my point, We need to wait to see her backstory etc... her Character Development... ATM Yes. We are busy in this raid but it's not unprecedented that FB's happen when they need too.
I mean we got Big Mom's flashback during the tea party, Law's flashback when he was fighting Doflamingo, Brook's was done near the end of Thriller Bark, so its not unprecedented to have a flashback during and post climax of the arc.

You might like Yamato, and he's made a strong impression, ticks off a lot of boxes. But he doesn't give me the impression of being a character planned very far in advance, which is one advantage Carrot has in her favor. Oda knew she would be in the war, and planted her into the story and the hearts of the crew years ago. That connection to the crew, both on WCI and now on Onigashima, is another advantage: only Luffy knows of Yamato's existence, which will need to be addressed and doesn't look like it will be anytime soon.

Yamato is emulating Oden to a fault. Is that all he'll ever want to be? Because while the SHs admired and were inspired by their mentors, they are their own selves, and not trying to be someone else. And if Yamato does break out a bit more and try to be his own person, who's to say what he'll decide to do? Maybe traveling the world is something he'd want to do for himself and not just because of Oden, but he also could decide he'd want to stay in Wano with Kaido gone and Momo more accepting of him, especially if he stops trying to replace his dad.

Being relevant is important, and she definitely has a part to play in the future, but it doesn't equate to being an actual SH pirate. Vivi chose to remain a princess and lead her country. She hasn't shown any change in strength, and even if she reunites with the crew at some point, how will she contribute when the others spent two years intensely training?

He should have joined then, but it's the same deal as the end of FI: he had something else he needed to take care of first, and he only signed the contract, so to speak, when he came back for good. His absence from the volume table of contents and all the color spreads for two years supports that.
First off, that's a load of bullshit considering how she was introduced. How the fuck else is she going to get introduced if she can't leave the fucking Island? She's been held prisoner for 20 years on Onigashima... What bloody fucking way is she going to get introduced? If we had to get to Onigashima in the first place just to know her existence... It's very unique.. Who are you to say, that's not how you introduce a character... Are you fucking writer whose been making a popular manga for 20 plus years? Or are you just putting your subjective view on it.

Everything else you've said is just dumb fluff to make it seem as if you have a point.

Scabbard storyline needs to reach is climax first and official matchups need to happen before we can likely expect Carrot/Yamato/Jinbe/Zoro flashbacks remotely. I wouldn't expect a Kaido/Yamato flashback until at least Act 4 at this point when Yamato has more interaction with Kaido directly. Similarly, I wouldn't expect a Carrot flashback until her fight with Pero about Pedro. Zoro's is a weird one. I still think King is the reason the Shimotsuki are dead, not Kaido, so potentially King executed his father and he will talk about how he reminds him of Kozaburo. Jinbe I just feel needs to have his scar explained but that would insinuate someone in Wano caused it.

First off, that's a load of bullshit considering how she was introduced. How the fuck else is she going to get introduced if she can't leave the fucking Island? She's been held prisoner for 20 years on Onigashima... What bloody fucking way is she going to get introduced? If we had to get to Onigashima in the first place just to know her existence... It's very unique.. Who are you to say, that's not how you introduce a character... Are you fucking writer whose been making a popular manga for 20 plus years? Or are you just putting your subjective view on it.

Everything else you've said is just dumb fluff to make it seem as if you have a point.
Oh wow, do you have a chip on your shoulder or what? Who exactly do you think you are, acting like I'm spitting all over your opinions when I've been perfectly civil with you? You even want to know what I have to say, or shall I leave you to your unobstructed fantasies?

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Oh, I haven't even started arguing against Yamato. My only point was, if you're gonna use the WSJ cover as a point for Yamato and a mark against Carrot, there's precedent that suggests the opposite is just as likely. But I'm ready to throw down the gauntlet if that's what you want.
Yeah, God, ALL I want is to have the same argument with another stubborn Carrot stan once again...almost 200 pages of that in this thread, we definitely need more. Check out my older posts, this has all been covered pretty effectively by me and the other Yamato supporters :luuh:

Yeah, God, ALL I want is to have the same argument with another stubborn Carrot stan once again...almost 200 pages of that in this thread, we definitely need more. Check out my older posts, this has all been covered pretty effectively by me and the other Yamato supporters :luuh:
Let's be honest, we're all stubborn when it comes to supporting prospective candidates. I recall you saying something about banning your account or some other thing if Yamato doesn't join.

Oh wow, do you have a chip on your shoulder or what? Who exactly do you think you are, acting like I'm spitting all over your opinions when I've been perfectly civil with you? You even want to know what I have to say, or shall I leave you to your unobstructed fantasies?
I think your full of yourself when you talk like you think you just know how it's going to go. Get off that high horse.
Why the fuck would Oda introduce Yamato... "added characters on our side go brr" As if we didn't have enough people on our side already.
Anything you can come up with, is all speculation. What we do know is, Yamato had a connection to Ace which ties her to Luffy, and as well as wanting to be Oden and fulfilling his dreams, She will accomplish it. She also desired to leave Wano.

In what fucking world do you live in, convey's that she's not as important and will just "stay behind" after what we already know about her? You have to do some major reaching to have her go 180 on her desires.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
You're still here, aren't ya? Try me.
No thanks! Like I said, not interested on explaining something that’s already well documented in this thread 😊

Let's be honest, we're all stubborn when it comes to supporting prospective candidates. I recall you saying something about banning your account or some other thing if Yamato doesn't join.
Never said we weren’t equally stubborn; case in point, I’ll gladly stand by that bet if the time comes :cheers:

What I mean is the opposites. Momo will protect yamato in return IF she decided to stay in wano mainland. So yamato staying in wano is not a problem

What I mean is the opposites. Momo will protect yamato in return IF she decided to stay in wano mainland. So yamato staying in wano is not a problem
That's counter to what she wants. She became Oden because there were nobody else let to stand and fight for Opening Wano borders. What will she do afterwards.... Well we do know she wants to leave the island.... take what you will. Some people are stuck inside their little boxes.

That's counter to what she wants. She became Oden because there were nobody else let to stand and fight for Opening Wano borders. What will she do afterwards.... Well we do know she wants to leave the island.... take what you will. Some people are stuck inside their little boxes.
I want to believe that the reason why she somehow turned into Oden is that she wants to get away from her dark past as Kaido's daughter and she has disowned her dad and wants to make him pay. I'm very curious to know what happened exactly.

Hey guys, let's not let our experiences with the common rude and vulgar posts subconsciously effect the way we read and respond to posts.

It's okay to disagree but responding with passive aggression and profanity is uncalled for.

The constant passive aggression and profanity can have a subconscious effect, making us interpret civil posts in a combative way, therefore causing negative responses.

I want to believe that the reason why she somehow turned into Oden is that she wants to get away from her dark past as Kaido's daughter and she has disowned her dad and wants to make him pay. I'm very curious to know what happened exactly.
That could very well be part of her storyline.
Post automatically merged:

Hey guys, let's not let our experiences with the common rude and vulgar posts subconsciously effect the way we read and respond to posts.

It's okay to disagree but responding with passive aggression and profanity is uncalled for.

The constant passive aggression and profanity can have a subconscious effect, making us interpret civil posts in a combative way, therefore causing negative responses.
No. I will not censor myself just because people feel offended. Whether or not it does become "combative", is not my problem but the other party.

Status
Not open for further replies.