Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You might like Yamato, and he's made a strong impression, ticks off a lot of boxes. But he doesn't give me the impression of being a character planned very far in advance, which is one advantage Carrot has in her favor. Oda knew she would be in the war, and planted her into the story and the hearts of the crew years ago. That connection to the crew, both on WCI and now on Onigashima, is another advantage: only Luffy knows of Yamato's existence, which will need to be addressed and doesn't look like it will be anytime soon.

Yamato is emulating Oden to a fault. Is that all he'll ever want to be? Because while the SHs admired and were inspired by their mentors, they are their own selves, and not trying to be someone else. And if Yamato does break out a bit more and try to be his own person, who's to say what he'll decide to do? Maybe traveling the world is something he'd want to do for himself and not just because of Oden, but he also could decide he'd want to stay in Wano with Kaido gone and Momo more accepting of him, especially if he stops trying to replace his dad.

Being relevant is important, and she definitely has a part to play in the future, but it doesn't equate to being an actual SH pirate. Vivi chose to remain a princess and lead her country. She hasn't shown any change in strength, and even if she reunites with the crew at some point, how will she contribute when the others spent two years intensely training?

He should have joined then, but it's the same deal as the end of FI: he had something else he needed to take care of first, and he only signed the contract, so to speak, when he came back for good. His absence from the volume table of contents and all the color spreads for two years supports that.
Yes Vivi decided to remain in Alabasta to protect her country but seeing how the circumstances currently might be, being with the SHs might make the most amount of sense to save her country.

First of all during the Alabasta Arc, Corocodile tried to take over the country because of it being the possible location for Pluton. He hired Nico Robin specifically because of the ponyglyph possibly giving away its location.

With that in mind now ask yourself, why would Imu take any interest in Vivi? It’s probably because he knows that the ancient weapon is located in Alabasta. Now we know from the reactions of the various citizens of the world post-Levely that something happened involving Sabo and Alabasta at the Levely. I think the death mentioned in the News could have been King Cobra. It’s definitely not safe for her to stay in Alabasta because of that.

I think the World Government tried to apprehend Vivi but were ultimately unsuccessful. She probably got away via Revolutionaries or Kuma. Alabasta’s probably now occupied by government forces trying to locate Pluton.

I already mentioned this in an older comment on this thread but I think if she does come back to the SHs, it will be as a diplomat.

But how is a diplomat gonna be useful to the SHs? I think she will become very relevant in the final World War Arc where Luffy becomes Pirate King and declares war on the World Government. I think her main role as a diplomat will be to rally and convince as many kingdoms as possible onto Luffy’s side.

Her dream will still be to save Alabasta but because of the actions of the world government, she will be forced to take more offensive measures with the SHs.

So yes, I think there’s definitely room for Vivi to return to the crew even after the time skip. Just because the time skip happened doesn’t nessesarily mean Vivi wasn’t doing anything. Remember that pre-time skip Vivi was still strong enough to get into the top ranks of Baroque Works. But if she’s not physically strong, she can more than make up for it in intelligence. Just look at Nami, Usopp, and Chopper.

No. I will not censor myself just because people feel offended. Whether or not it does become "combative", is not my problem but the other party.
Hey, I think that you may have misinterpreted my post.

I feel that the constant passive aggression and profanity in this thread towards opposing ideas can cause people to associate opposition with passive aggression and profanity. Therefore, when someone comes across a post with opposing ideas, they automatically respond passive aggressively which is uncalled for.

Posts with different opinions aren't necessarily a personal attack. I feel that some may misinterpret posts as personal attacks based on their experiences.

Sorry if I offended.

Hey, I think that you may have misinterpreted my post.

I feel that the constant passive aggression and profanity in this thread towards opposing ideas can cause people to associate opposition with passive aggression and profanity. Therefore, when someone comes across a post with opposing ideas, they automatically respond passive aggressively which is uncalled for.

Posts with different opinions aren't necessarily a personal attack. I feel that some may misinterpret posts as personal attacks based on their experiences.

Sorry if I offended.
The problem I have is these little terms your saying... It's nothing but "safe space" snowflake sort of bullshit. Regardless. I am not offended. My message still stands.

Do many people really believe that Yamato will stay with Momo in Wano?.

I have never criticized Oda, but it would seem like the most shitty move in OP if it happened, and perhaps the most ambiguous and nonsensical character in the series. Imagine creating a character who has spent her entire life locked up and waiting for someone to help her, to achieve her dreams, and who in the end ends up abandoning her goals. What was the whole meaning of his suffering?

Not even Gaimon or Vivi were handled in such a bad way, because their goal was not to go out to sea (one wanted to open a treasure and the other to protect their country). What cheap excuse would they give him for Yamato to abandon everything?

I have never criticized Oda, but it would seem like the most shitty move in OP if it happened, and perhaps the most ambiguous and nonsensical character in the series. Imagine creating a character who has spent her entire life locked up and waiting for someone to help her, to achieve her dreams, and who in the end ends up abandoning her goals. What was the whole meaning of his suffering?

Not even Gaimon or Vivi were handled in such a bad way, because their goal was not to go out to sea (one wanted to open a treasure and the other to protect their country). What cheap excuse would they give him for Yamato to abandon everything?
If Yamato stayed, she would get mistreated and labeled as a plague I believe. Also no one would forget her being a relative to Kaido which is already a curse by itself.

The Wano citizens will never like her imo, unless a miracle'd happen.

But I doubt that Oda will make things so force just to have her stay at home.

I think fans are somewhat afraid that she’s a little too powerful and strong that she might outshine the other characters. She might rival zoro, sanji and Jinbei in terms of her own strength. I mean that’s really not a bad thing that kind levels the plain field for them moving story forward. The straw hats going have start relaying Their own ability's to overcome enemy. If they end up meeting shanks one day they have be prepared. Plus I don’t think Oda doesn’t intended leave other characters behind. In fact I believe in elbaf if Yamato’s were join. I can see both Jinbei and her help the other characters progress even further. Especially when comes master with possible haki or some time awakening ability. Some people believe that all the nine scabbards could potential all die. Which I don’t think that’s the case. I do believe some of them will though.

Last edited:
That's counter to what she wants. She became Oden because there were nobody else let to stand and fight for Opening Wano borders. What will she do afterwards.... Well we do know she wants to leave the island.... take what you will. Some people are stuck inside their little boxes.
I said "IF". There's still a posibility for a change of heart and character development. We do know her desire is to leave onigashima because she is prohibited to go outside onigashima not wano. Not clear if she wants to leave wano too.

Next thing she wants to do is reopen wano. After that it's still unknown what's her dream
Post automatically merged:

However, if She get a bounty on your head she would be forced to leave. Since wano boarder will be open to the world.
That's fair. It still an "IF" just like my statement. But if she is to go with SHs i think it's important for wano citizen to know her. I mean who will looking for her bounty poster in the "from the deck of the world" cover stories. Plus where will she go after luffy journey if not wano?

All I want to say is would you discriminate/persecuted someone that save and protect your shogun and helping the war

Last edited:
I said "IF". There's still a posibility for a change of heart and character development. We do know her desire is to leave onigashima because she is prohibited to go outside onigashima not wano. Not clear if she wants to leave wano too.

Next thing she wants to do is reopen wano. After that it's still unknown what's her dream

That's fair. It still an "IF" just like my statement. But if she is to go with SHs i think it's important for wano citizen to know her. I mean who will looking for her bounty poster in the "from the deck of the world" cover stories. Plus where will she go after luffy journey if not wano?
Maybe aces former crew members or possible momo, hiyori,shinobu Some remaining samurai that alive and tama

Yes Vivi decided to remain in Alabasta to protect her country but seeing how the circumstances currently might be, being with the SHs might make the most amount of sense to save her country.

First of all during the Alabasta Arc, Corocodile tried to take over the country because of it being the possible location for Pluton. He hired Nico Robin specifically because of the ponyglyph possibly giving away its location.

With that in mind now ask yourself, why would Imu take any interest in Vivi? It’s probably because he knows that the ancient weapon is located in Alabasta. Now we know from the reactions of the various citizens of the world post-Levely that something happened involving Sabo and Alabasta at the Levely. I think the death mentioned in the News could have been King Cobra. It’s definitely not safe for her to stay in Alabasta because of that.

I think the World Government tried to apprehend Vivi but were ultimately unsuccessful. She probably got away via Revolutionaries or Kuma. Alabasta’s probably now occupied by government forces trying to locate Pluton.

I already mentioned this in an older comment on this thread but I think if she does come back to the SHs, it will be as a diplomat.

But how is a diplomat gonna be useful to the SHs? I think she will become very relevant in the final World War Arc where Luffy becomes Pirate King and declares war on the World Government. I think her main role as a diplomat will be to rally and convince as many kingdoms as possible onto Luffy’s side.

Her dream will still be to save Alabasta but because of the actions of the world government, she will be forced to take more offensive measures with the SHs.

So yes, I think there’s definitely room for Vivi to return to the crew even after the time skip. Just because the time skip happened doesn’t nessesarily mean Vivi wasn’t doing anything. Remember that pre-time skip Vivi was still strong enough to get into the top ranks of Baroque Works. But if she’s not physically strong, she can more than make up for it in intelligence. Just look at Nami, Usopp, and Chopper.
She hasn't even been to the New World, which makes the Grand Line look like paradise. She hasn't had the pressure put on her to improve like the others had because of Kuma and everything from the war. Even Nami and Usopp improved their battle capabilities in that time.

I do think Vivi will be very important in the story to come. I think she'll reunite with the crew, and be a part of whatever final cataclysmic events threaten the world, which will affect a lot more than Alabasta. But when I think of who is ultimately a Straw Hat, I'm imagining who will be working on the ship day to day, making the voyage to find the One Piece. I don't see that as part of Vivi's journey at this point, but anything could change.

I think your full of yourself when you talk like you think you just know how it's going to go. Get off that high horse.

Why the fuck would Oda introduce Yamato... "added characters on our side go brr" As if we didn't have enough people on our side already.

Anything you can come up with, is all speculation. What we do know is, Yamato had a connection to Ace which ties her to Luffy, and as well as wanting to be Oden and fulfilling his dreams, She will accomplish it. She also desired to leave Wano.

In what fucking world do you live in, convey's that she's not as important and will just "stay behind" after what we already know about her? You have to do some major reaching to have her go 180 on her desires.
I’m still a bit confused on what you actually want out of this conversation. This is literally the thread to write about how we think the crewmate thing is going to go. Everything you and I say here is all speculation. I think Carrot will join. I don’t think Yamato will. I’m trying to explain my reasoning for each, not trying to write the story how I want it to be or criticize you personally for what you believe. If that puts me on some kind of high horse, let’s just agree right now to ignore each other.

Last edited:
Exactly. That means she will not be persecuted if she stays in wano after this arc or EOS
The higher-ups could respect her but the citizens wano might not feel comfortable with her being a round. Robin has a Has aokiji and the revolutionaries

Exactly. That means she will not be persecuted if she stays in wano after this arc or EOS
Yamato joining straw hats creates a lot more shock value For random fodder and people around world just like what happened Jinbei chapter 989

Last edited:
The higher-ups could respect her but the citizens of the wano might not feel comfortable with her being a round. Robin has a Has aokiji and the revolutionaries

Yamato joining straw hats creates a lot more shock value For random fodder and people around world just like what happened Jinbei chapter 989
Comfortable or not is fine, depend on them. Im pretty sure momo will say she is an ally

Oh just an addition, vivi did not get bounty despite smoker knew she was hanging around with SHs. So in onigashima it's depended on what drake will report or if there's another marine or CP0 in wano. If it's just drake i guess it's fine yamato won't get a bounty

What is the relation between Yamato joining and Franky power level?
Its honestly just a giant crack theory lol

I think yamato will eventually surpass jinbe too along with zoro and sanji if he ends up joining. Them being the eos commander equivalent.
Due to them having higher potential and jinbe less room to grow stronger

Making jinbe another franky/Robin. Meaning itd more more possible for franky to reach jinbes level
:smart::hihihi:

Status
Not open for further replies.