Otama hype... with her big lion she can fight lol.... :steef:

She has amazing stealth :steef:

She can navigate from flower capital to Onigashima alone :steef:

Otama way better matured than spoile pervy Momo :kata:
Post automatically merged:

Otama saved strawhats crew

Strawhats crew save Momo

After suslong transformation she’s going to need to rest
Half the reason why I don't think Perospero is going down here. Got a feeling the BMP are arriving and Carrot/Wanda will have to pull back, recover and figure out how to fight him later.

The battle with him is much earlier than any other battle right now aside from Kaido/Scabbards. I just have a feeling that if Carrot is supposed to win, it'll be against a weakened Pero without Sulong. IF she is meant to struggle and take that as a defining win against him.

Half the reason why I don't think Perospero is going down here. Got a feeling the BMP are arriving and Carrot/Wanda will have to pull back, recover and figure out how to fight him later.

The battle with him is much earlier than any other battle right now aside from Kaido/Scabbards. I just have a feeling that if Carrot is supposed to win, it'll be against a weakened Pero without Sulong. IF she is meant to struggle and take that as a defining win against him.
This isn’t dragon ball when comes fights anything goes. Why would carrot and Wanda pull back though unless your thinking perospero and big mom are going leave after this arc. There suslong showcase what the true power of mink what is fully capable of.

Plus I don’t know how the straw hats and alliance could survive second helping other Yonko’s crew assisting One another

This isn’t dragon ball when comes fights anything goes. Why would carrot and Wanda pull back though unless your thinking perospero and big mom are going leave after this arc. There suslong showcase what the true power of mink what is fully capable of.
Read my comment again. I said that the BMP might arrive behind Perospero, forcing Carrot/Wanda to retreat. Oda has them fighting at the port, if the BMP ship finally makes it to Onigashima, that's where they will land.

Im saying that the fight is happening way earlier than any other fight so far, and thus I don't think it will finish anytime soon. It will be postponed and they will fight them later. Sort of how Ulti vs. Usopp/Nami had led to nothing right now. They didn't fall at all against them last chapter or were hurt.

Just saying to wait because I don't think we are going to get an emotional payoff from Carrot beating him this early, Oda never finishes major arc fights super far apart. See virtually every other arc.

Plus I don’t know how the straw hats and alliance could survive second helping other Yonko’s crew assisting One another
You gotta wait, very likely and possible they show up and thats how Act 3 ends. The only reason why Oda separated Perospero from the rest was in fact to give Carrot this moment for Pedro, we know that now. Yet he is not the strongest or most substantial member from BMs crew to even be showcased.

You also are assuming there wont be another avenues of allies arriving after to help offset this (Germa, Sword, Whitebeard remnants, etc), we have no idea.

Carrot knows that Pedro's sacrifice is somehow related to this war but not why. This is the confirmation that Carrot will find out at the end of wano arc why Pedro's sacrifice to the survival of the straw hats was so important in understanding the importance of the Dawn of the world. Since this war has to do with opening the borders of wano to bring the dawn to wano, it will be the moment for Carrot to understand Pedro's sacrifice to understand the importance of the dawn of the world. According to Pedro, Carrot will understand why he did it for the straw hats.

/edit
Pedro in chapter 850: `` I am certain that they will one day guide the world to a new dawn '' which means that the Dawn of the world is about bringing a new dawn to the world, not too wano.

Last edited:
What @Prochief said.

Carrot: "I know that Pedro's sacrifice is SOMEHOW related to this war." The common understanding is that something will happen in this Wano war that will have relevance to the dawn of the world. Likely once the battle is finished and the borders are open, an event that will have major significance.

Carrot's words this chapter only support what we already knew. But what's interesting is that Carrot still isn't certain on the details. Carrot still has a vague understanding of the straw hat's role. Pedro claimed that one day she would understand, so this means that we're still waiting on that moment for Carrot to fully comprehend the true purpose of the straw hats, which means a big moment for her is assured on the way.

Also, considering the timing and the shifting tone of the raid, it seems unlikely that Carrot and Wanda will beat Perospero now. In other words, the confrontation could be given even further build up.

Also, thinking about the dawn and opening Wano's borders, another potential role for Yamao appears.

Wano closed its borders to protect it from a "great external power", which is most likely the WG. With Wano reopening its borders at the end of the arc, the country and the young shogun Momo are gonna need all the protection they can get. Yamao declared that she'd give her life for Momo and by the end of the arc, even with Kaido and the BP gone, a new great threat would emerge that would demand Wano has the means to hold its own.

Whatever is left of the scabbards after their fight against Kaido wouldn't be that powerful and so someone like Yamao, who's entire character is about her strength and her attachment to the Kozuki would be perfect for protecting Momo from Wano's external enemies.

Last edited:

Confirmation that Pedro sacrificed himself for the Wano war and not EoS. The Dawn is freeing Wano and Carrot's story is mostly over at the end of this arc. She'll get a cover story with Wanda since they are back as a team. Luffy's nowhere in sight for Carrot's moment again.
Mighty presumptuous of you to think the "Dawn of the World" begins and ends in Wano.

Last edited:

Confirmation that Pedro sacrificed himself for the Wano war and not EoS. The Dawn is freeing Wano and Carrot's story is mostly over at the end of this arc. She'll get a cover story with Wanda since they are back as a team. Luffy's nowhere in sight for Carrot's moment again.
I think you are taking this too literally. Pedro's dream was to actually follow Roger and bring on the dawn with him. When he couldn't it was about finding Poneglyphs to assist the next person in achieving the same goal. Thats why the Nox pirates were formed.

Wano's war doesn't fundamentally bring "the dawn" anymore than being the catalyst to something bigger. This is a huge war, definitely, but it doesnt just exist to finish the 400 chapters of plot set up prior, it also exists to set up what comes next. Hence the big moments we keep getting in between acts, and why people are excited for the next Act break

That said, while I think this encounter with Pedro has made Carrot finally more important than shes been the whole arc, it still is fundamentally the same for her until she either gets personal focus via a flashback with Pedro or her own moments against Perospero.

My two votes are still on tama and yamato. Tama as others think could be a future member. But.... I don't t like the fact that luffy too will say the same shit as ace to her in that case. I am not sure how her character will be handled (don't really have high hopes from oda tbh) but I personally hope we can see some writing with her being part of the crew in the current time line. Both tama and yamato met ace but he couldn't take both with him due to reasons. And I don't want that being the same reason ti reject them, well yamato's reason won't matter since SHs are fighting kaido. This only leaves tama's reason, now will luffy copy shanks dialogue or be a man of his own opinion.

Mighty assumptive of you to think the "Dawn of the World" begins and ends in Wano.
Yeah, it's pretty obvious at this point that the dawn refers to something that will happen to the whole world. I mean, they literally state that in the manga, so struggle to see what the debate even is against it lol.

Like why on earth was Pedro collecting Ponegliffs just for the Wano war? Obviously it's because it's related to the true history of the entire world, not solely Wano stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.